The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
Davie
Shotrock
JAS
Pal Joey
I'm never wrong
westisbest
BlueCoverman
pedro
navyblueshorts
McLaren
superflyweight
beninho
Soul Requiem
super_realist
JuliusHMarx
19 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 29 Oct 2020, 8:39 am

First topic message reminder :

How have some individuals got to the point where all they do is whinge and moan and complain about other people without any sense of compassion for those less well off than themselves through no fault of their own?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 7:55 am

Sadly it will.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 18 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed 23 Dec 2020, 8:20 am

Sadly?

I'm not sad that tennis is still knocking around or Rugby or alpine sports. I just try and ignore them.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 8:28 am

beninho wrote:Sadly?

I'm not sad that tennis is still knocking around or Rugby or alpine sports. I just try and ignore them.

It's mostly Hamilton I find irritating for being one of the hypocritical virtue signalling crew.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 23 Dec 2020, 8:44 am

beninho wrote:On a different note, the wife is getting me some new golf shoes, though fk knows when I'll play again. Any recommendations? White or black?
White for the left foot, black for the right.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 23 Dec 2020, 8:51 am

super_realist wrote:

It's mostly Hamilton I find irritating for being one of the hypocritical virtue signalling crew.

Do you? Maybe you should tell us about it someday.

Disappointed you couldn't squeeze woke into the sentence though.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 23 Dec 2020, 8:56 am

super_realist wrote:

You need some new material.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 9:14 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:

You need some new material.

There aren't many more annoying figures in sport to be fair though.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 23 Dec 2020, 9:38 am

*then someone replies and you then say the same thing again... ad nauseam

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 9:43 am

Soul Requiem wrote:*then someone replies and you then say the same thing again... ad nauseam

It was topical, wasn't brought up apropos of nothing.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Dec 2020, 11:58 am

Sturgeon must go.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 12:18 pm

McLaren wrote:Sturgeon must go.

Sadly its not serious enough Mac. I really don't understand how she gets such high opinion ratings when her response to covid has been worse than England in many aspects.
The SNP are also worse on health, education and drugs deaths but oddly so many of her band of bigots think she's the bee's knees. I don't get it.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Dec 2020, 12:27 pm

Super

How do you rate her and the SNP on the policy areas you care about?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by BlueCoverman Wed 23 Dec 2020, 12:28 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
beninho wrote:On a different note, the wife is getting me some new golf shoes, though fk knows when I'll play again. Any recommendations? White or black?
White for the left foot, black for the right.

Other way round surely? Wink

BlueCoverman

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Dec 2020, 12:31 pm

Blue

What point are you trying to make today?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 12:32 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

How do you rate her and the SNP on the policy areas you care about?

I don't think they've done a good job on anything really. I pay 2k more tax to live in Scotland but get no benefit from it.

I also don't think they govern either. They can't do anything that doesn't somehow link to Independence. I just want them to do their job and stop pretending they speak for everyone.
Like I said, they do a terrible job on health, they tax me more, they don't supply services especially well.

Pretty much all they do is blame Westminster. Thank goodness we weren't independent when Covid came. How would they have paid for it with Scotlands presumably bum credit rating?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Dec 2020, 1:00 pm

Just a question super.
Like yourself, I’m not an F1 fan.

But why do you go on about it a lot of the time?
Surely if you don’t like it, you would just leave it alone, like Ben with rugby etc.

I’m not a fan of American Football, baseball, but don’t feel the need to talk about it.

Anyway have a good Christmas.

westisbest

Soul Requiem likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 1:36 pm

westisbest wrote:Just a question super.

Surely if you don’t like it, you would just leave it alone, like Ben with rugby etc.

I’m not a fan of American Football, baseball, but don’t feel the need to talk about it.

It's called a discussion and without it the board would be empty. Do you only ever talk about things you like or do you, like me prefer to argue the toss about a subject ? It's called conversation and the difference in opinion is what keeps this place going. Without it we would simply have posts as dull as those out forward by GPB and the board would most lilely be dead.
The likes of myself, JAS, Mac, Beninho all have different opinions and like to take a polar view from one another, sometimes for effect, sometimes to get a discourse going and sometimes because it is something we might actually think.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Dec 2020, 1:59 pm

Black - unless you're very, very good.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:00 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:

I am.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:01 pm

Anyways a happy tier 4 Christmas to one and all. Maybe we shoukd play done golf somewhere when we are allowed.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:07 pm

super_realist wrote:

It's called a discussion and without it the board would be empty. Do you only ever talk about things you like or do you, like me prefer to argue the toss about a subject ? It's called conversation and the difference in opinion is what keeps this place going. Without it we would simply have posts as dull as those out forward by GPB and the board would most lilely be dead.
The likes of myself, JAS, Mac, Beninho all have different opinions and like to take a polar view from one another, sometimes for effect, sometimes to get a discourse going and sometimes because it is something we might actually think.

Have you ever wondered why it's 'empty'? chin
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:07 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

I am.
thumbsup
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:09 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Maybe your over the top moderation?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:46 pm

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
super_realist wrote:

Maybe your over the top moderation?
Laugh laughing What 'moderation'?? The minimal bits and pieces I perform? Perhaps I'll let one of the other Mods in here and see how you, in particular, get on with that? Sound like a plan to you?

You and I both know I was suggesting that, just perhaps, your continual and unwarranted antagonistic behaviour towards all and sundry, in pretty much every post you make, might just keep others who may actually be reading/lurking from actually posting and joining in any conversations.

I wonder what others here think?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:51 pm

It's called a joke Navy, besides being antagonistic as you out it is not against the rules.
If you think I'm holding back people then I'll happily leave.

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:52 pm

Super

I think the issue you have is that you don't approach topics to which you are unfamiliar with an inquisitive tone. Take football or F1 for example, you could ask those who watch and are knowledgeable about those subjects about them, but instead you wade in with ridiculous and uninformed opinions.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:53 pm

I think the issue you have is that you don't approach topics to which you are unfamiliar with an inquisitive tone. Take football or F1 for example, you could ask those who watch and are knowledgeable about those subjects about them, but instead you wade in with ridiculous and uninformed opinions.

Mac, I repeatedly asked why people like F1 and I didn't get more than a half arsed answer.

Also, you may remember the last time we had a vote between you and I, you came out on the losing side, so be careful what you wish for eh?

Last edited by super_realist on Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed 23 Dec 2020, 2:58 pm

Super I have outlined many reasons why your "opinions" on F1 make no sense in light of reality, and yet you continue to respond by saying you find it boring. Maybe so, but you don't appear to understand even the basics of the sport. Why not just admit you don't understand what is going on and that you are happy to avoid finding out more or watching it? It's like you can't admit to being ignorant about anything?
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 3:00 pm

Mac, you consistently refused to acknowledge my main point in that the driver has a distinct advantage by being in a car better than his peers and you wrongly tried to conflate that with there being only a few tennis players at the top or tried to pretend that the engineering side competition was merely part of the team.

That's not the only reason I find it dull though, but why I think it doesn't meet the criteria for a proper sport.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 23 Dec 2020, 3:16 pm

I dont think any f1 fan doesn't think that the car is important. Though, in general the good or best drivers get into the best car.

Its also why its great to see cars being outperformed by the driver. Vettell winning in a torro rosso and Perez in a force India this year. Hell even Max in a red bull mixing it with the mercs is good. Gasly in his alpha tauri.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Dec 2020, 3:47 pm

super_realist wrote:

Yes I genuinely only talk about the things I like. Because that is where I have interest in.
Why would I want to talk about F1, American football etc. I have no interest in.

You can have conversation on things you like. Have different opinions etc.

All due respect, but you don’t come across as a person that likes many things.
You seem to hide behind the internet and bad mouth people. But hey if that’s your thing, then go ahead.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 4:13 pm

I don't bad mouth anyone anymore than anyone else does.
Why aren't you getting on at Jas or Beninho for bad mouthing every politician they don't like for instance?

This whole subject arose from a discussion about SPOTY, something quite a few people said they thiught was now a stupid event.
Am I only allowed to have an opinion and express it if I like something?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Dec 2020, 4:25 pm

Of course you can have opinions on things you don’t like.
My point is you go on about for a long period of time.

Ben for example had said he doesn’t like rugby. He’s not gone on about how much he dislikes it, or why.

Also as a big rugby fan myself, I don’t need to ask him why he doesn’t like it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

Yes it can create a debate.

We are all different I guess. I just feel I’d rather discuss things that I have an interest in and some knowledge in.

I’d look a bit stupid ranting about F1, American Football and saying this and that about it are sh1te when someone who watches them and has interest would actually tell me I was wrong.

westisbest

BlueCoverman likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Wed 23 Dec 2020, 5:24 pm

I did play rugby at school. I quite liked it then.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed 23 Dec 2020, 5:32 pm

westisbest wrote:Of course you can have opinions on things you don’t like.

Ben for example had said he doesn’t like rugby. He’s not gone on about how much he dislikes it, or why.

Also as a big rugby fan myself, I don’t need to ask him why he doesn’t like it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes.

We are all different I guess. I just feel I’d rather discuss things that I have an interest in and some knowledge in.

I’d look a bit stupid ranting about F1, American Football and saying this and that about it are sh1te when someone who watches them and has interest would actually tell me I was wrong.

If people are happy to continue a debate then why does it bother you?

It started as a discussion of SPOTY and evolved into F1 for obvious reasons, I don't see the problem with that. Am I supposed to exit the conversation at that point because its a sport I don't find interesting or should I endeavour to find out what it is about it that people find interesting? Seems to be a reasonable path to take. Isn't that a good path to understanding something?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Dec 2020, 5:46 pm

McLaren wrote:Super I have outlined many reasons why your "opinions" on F1 make no sense in light of reality, and yet you continue to respond by saying you find it boring. Maybe so, but you don't appear to understand even the basics of the sport. Why not just admit you don't understand what is going on and that you are happy to avoid finding out more or watching it? It's like you can't admit to being ignorant about anything?
laughing Super has his 'chewing-a-wasp' approach and you have your 'conceited as ****' approach. Fab-u-lous.

Yes, I know I'm far from perfect.

Have a good Christmas everyone.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 23 Dec 2020, 5:47 pm

beninho wrote:I did play rugby at school. I quite liked it then.
I still quite like it, but have to admit I'm gradually losing interest. It's too much about impacts, muscle and set plays now.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Dec 2020, 6:14 pm

super_realist wrote:
westisbest wrote:Of course you can have opinions on things you don’t like.

If people are happy to continue a debate then why does it bother you?

It started as a discussion of SPOTY and evolved into F1 for obvious reasons, I don't see the problem with that. Am I supposed to exit the conversation at that point because its a sport I don't find interesting or should I endeavour to find out what it is about it that people find interesting? Seems to be a reasonable path to take. Isn't that a good path to understanding something?

Never said it bothered me. Anyway I’ll leave it there.
Maybe I was ‘going on about it to much’ Wink

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Wed 23 Dec 2020, 6:17 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
I still quite like it, but have to admit I'm gradually losing interest. It's too much about impacts, muscle and set plays now.

Like a lot of sports, it’s not the same without the fans.
Liking forward to the 6 Nations and the Lions tour, if they both go ahead.

South Africa will be tough. Would fancy our chances.
Gatland in charge again. Will be interesting.

I find the amount of times they have to reset the scrums frustrating.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by dynamark Wed 23 Dec 2020, 6:44 pm

Hi gents firstly best wishes to all .I was most surprised to be invited to my son and his partners for lunch first time i 12 years I will be out for Xmas dinner.
Golf has struggled pretty well through the recent issues and hope will continue.
F1 you either get it or you do not and I get it totally.I spent a good 10 years going to races with friends who raced up to F3 level and loved every minute for me its a combination of the tech and the skill and just think how much tactical/change goes on during a race weekend towards the end result.Happy days all

dynamark

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Dec 2020, 6:46 am

navyblueshorts wrote:

The scrum is the most pointless thing in the game.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Dec 2020, 8:03 am

super_realist wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:

The scrum is the most pointless thing in the game.

What would you want for knock on’s  then?

I wouldn’t say they were pointless. If the attacking side had a scrum 20 metres out and won a penalty to win the game. Or scored a winning try or drop goal.

Also if a team is in the opposing 22 and they have done well in the scrum throughout the game, then that gives them another option of attack.

I’m not a big fan of calling for the mark, especially when there is no opposing player in the 22.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Dec 2020, 8:29 am

Similar to Rugby League would be a better solution. They waste so much time setting up the scrum, resets, collapses, deliberate collapses and so much time faffing about putting the ball in, when it ALWAYS goes to the the team who gets the put in anyway, so why not just put it in the back of the scrum as hooking has been taken out of the scrum anyway. A time limit of 30 seconds or a minute to get it out could work.
It's just become a way to cheat instead of being a way to restart the game.

I won't even start on lineouts and how absurd they have become.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Thu 24 Dec 2020, 8:54 am

The England pack did a number on every team this autumn come scrum time including on their put it so not sure what you're talking about.

In what way has the lineout become absurd?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Thu 24 Dec 2020, 9:03 am

You can get an advantage from a scrum, even if it’s not your put in, winning a penalty in a great position on the field.

With line outs, the team who are not throwing in have a great chance to win the ball. Not always the team throwing in that always wins them.

Again, a team that has a penalty, kicks it into touch and gets great field position with the line out 5/10 metres out from the try line.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Dec 2020, 9:17 am

Trouble is if there is 3 or 4 scrums in a game that can take 10 minutes of an 80 minute game. It's ridiculous.
Perhaps scrums should only take place close to the line.

As for line outs, it's not them per se but the over the top balletic lifting.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Dec 2020, 9:19 am

Surprised no one has mention how much of a moron Kieran Tripier is. What is wrong with these multi millionaire players that they need to bet?

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 24 Dec 2020, 9:27 am

The problem with gambling us its pretty addictive. Things being addictive have no bearing on your wealth.

I hate the link between gambling and football. I think clubs shouldn't be sponsored by gambling firms, even clubs have official gambling partners. I recall Barton being banned for gambling on matches in his league, not his games, while also advertising gambling firms on his shirt.

It needs sorting.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu 24 Dec 2020, 9:35 am

beninho wrote:The problem with gambling us its pretty addictive. Things being addictive have no bearing on your wealth.

I hate the link between gambling and football. I think clubs shouldn't be sponsored by gambling firms, even clubs have official gambling partners. I recall Barton being banned for gambling on matches in his league, not his games, while also advertising gambling firms on his shirt.

It needs sorting.

There's loads of things bad for you that sponsor sport though.
We shouldn't exclude things just because a small minority can't help gambling or drinking.

Barton is a waste of space though definitely someone who needs football more than it needs him. He'd be in jail without it I imagine.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by beninho Thu 24 Dec 2020, 10:52 am

What other shirt sponsors are bad for you? I count 8 gambling shirts sponsors in the Premier league. 4 financial services, 2 airlines, 2 car retailers, 1 heating company, 1 car company, 1 phone company 1 duty free company. Apart from gambling not sure what others are bad for you.

beninho

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next