The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trump Presidency

+28
MonkeyMan
JDizzle
No name Bertie
rIck_dAgless
theslosty
CaledonianCraig
kingraf
Pr4wn
Luckless Pedestrian
dummy_half
Samo
lostinwales
superflyweight
Steffan
BamBam
TRUSSMAN66
TightHEAD
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
navyblueshorts
JuliusHMarx
Good Golly I'm Olly
king_carlos
GSC
Soul Requiem
alfie
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
32 posters

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next

Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 8 Empty The Trump Presidency

Post by Duty281 Wed 04 Nov 2020, 5:17 am

First topic message reminder :

Well we'll wait and see about Arizona. Pundits seem to think it's a done deal; they don't seem to have considered it's only Election Day votes left to count.

Ohio called, but Texas and Florida not, which is very poor. Iowa should be called soon for Trump. Trump with healthy leads in Wisconsin, Michigan and Pennsylvania...he needs 'em if Arizona's going blue.

Georgia seems to be faltering for Trump, but he's still ahead for now. North Carolina's probably in recount territory. unless Trump has more votes to secure it.

This mainstream media bias is quite something. Trump 49-48 ahead in Montana, 50% voted...oh yeah, that's too close to call. Trump 50-48 ahead in Virginia, 76% voted....oh yeah, we're calling that for Biden.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

The Trump Presidency - Page 8 Empty Re: The Trump Presidency

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 20 Nov 2020, 10:16 am

I've always thought to myself 'how much safer would I be if I had a gun?', obviously if for whatever reason I am attacked it's too late but we'll ignore that.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Nov 2020, 10:23 am

If I had a gun I'd be an absolute liability. Especially if I kept it in the car.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Fri 20 Nov 2020, 11:11 am

I imagine if automatic weapons had been available at the time, they might have worded the amendment slightly different
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 20 Nov 2020, 11:15 am

superflyweight wrote:If I had a gun I'd be an absolute liability. Especially if I kept it in the car.  

Visiting my wife's cousin in Texas, as my wife climbed into the passenger seat of his pickup, she very gingerly picked up a semi-automatic hand gun off the seat... Both true and absolutely fitting the stereotypes - her cousin is probably the most red-necked half English man in the world.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 20 Nov 2020, 11:26 am

Does anyone know the difference between reporting and narrating? Today's BBC and others don't report they narrate and interpret according to a particular worldview. That is why we have children going on school strikes and going on marches. Same for adults. Mostly peaceful demonstrations so the narration goes.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Fri 20 Nov 2020, 11:30 am

dummy_half wrote:
superflyweight wrote:If I had a gun I'd be an absolute liability. Especially if I kept it in the car.  

Visiting my wife's cousin in Texas, as my wife climbed into the passenger seat of his pickup, she very gingerly picked up a semi-automatic hand gun off the seat... Both true and absolutely fitting the stereotypes - her cousin is probably the most red-necked half English man in the world.
It is an issue for Americans not the British. I never understood it until I had several Americans explain it to me. Separate to that is the issue of illegally getting weapons. The illegal weapons trade is like the illegal drugs trade in the US.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 20 Nov 2020, 12:03 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
dummy_half wrote:

It is an issue for Americans not the British.  I never understood it until I had several Americans explain it to me.  Separate to that is the issue of illegally getting weapons.   The illegal weapons trade is like the illegal drugs trade in the US.

Did they explain it by confirming that they're idiots?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Fri 20 Nov 2020, 4:15 pm

No name Bertie wrote:
dummy_half wrote:

It is an issue for Americans not the British.  I never understood it until I had several Americans explain it to me.  Separate to that is the issue of illegally getting weapons.   The illegal weapons trade is like the illegal drugs trade in the US.

Adding to the digression

America's (lack of) gun control laws has obviously screwed up their country. By comparison with other western democracies, their homicide rate is about 5 times higher, almost all being gun deaths. As for suicide and accidental shootings, there's a whole further story. There is clearly a vicious circle though, that because there are so many guns in circulation, a lot are in the hands of criminals and other bad actors, you need to be armed to protect yourself and your family, resulting in more guns in circulation...

The problem is that you can't just legislate 400 million legally held guns out of existence, and that doesn't even touch on the illegally held ones (or the willingness of some to use them, which may be the bigger issue in the US). Obviously, I'm much happier about my personal safety in the UK, where privately held weapons are about 4% as frequent (4.6 per 100 population in England and Wales, compared with 120 per 100 population in the US), but I don't see how the US gets to where we are from where they are, even absent a generous reading of the second amendment.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 20 Nov 2020, 4:17 pm

GSC wrote:I imagine if automatic weapons had been available at the time, they might have worded the amendment slightly different
Clue's in the name as well - 'amendment'. The 18th was repealed in its entirety - go look it up TRUSS.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 23 Nov 2020, 5:15 pm

Talk of Trump setting the scene for a comeback in 2024.....Nonsense I think.....Huge difference in cognitive quality between 74 and 78.....My Father in law seems to have slowed down aplenty in the last year or two....Though he still has a quick left hook..

Trump is gone for good and I don't see any of his kids with his larger than life persona..Certainly a one off is Trump for better or worse.

Time for Big D to catch some kudos by "Conceding in an effort to heal divisions"....

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by dummy_half Tue 24 Nov 2020, 1:37 pm

I don't think Trump has looked particularly well for the last couple of years - certainly has issues with mobility and standing for a long period (check out how he supported himself on the podium during the debates, and compare with the older but more physically sprightly Biden). I agree that there is a good chance that his health and fitness will likely compromise him running again for 2024, especially as it would be through a contested Primary and so necessitate basically a year of campaigning.

The kids don't have the celebrity of DJT, so I can't see how they get the nomination over a more conventional Republican, and even if they did they won't have Trump's unique popular draw.

dummy_half

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Tue 24 Nov 2020, 1:50 pm

I dunno Don Jr is pretty stupid
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 24 Nov 2020, 11:57 pm

dummy_half wrote:I don't think Trump has looked particularly well for the last couple of years - certainly has issues with mobility and standing for a long period (check out how he supported himself on the podium during the debates, and compare with the older but more physically sprightly Biden)

Couldn't disagree more. Trump did 23 rallies in the last week of his 2020 election campaign, all of which were conducted standing up and addressing relatively large audiences for around 60-90 minutes a time. I noticed no difference between his physical state in 2016 and 2020. He has phenomenal energy levels for a man of his years and for someone who sustains himself on fast food and diet coke. Contrast that with the muddled figure of Biden who barely did any campaigning of a similar kind (for very good reasons) and, when he did, was often sitting down and looked half-asleep.

Trump's a man in his seventies who seems 20 years younger. Biden's a man in his seventies who seems 20 years older.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:34 am

If we are discussing Trumps capacity to run in 2024 should that not cover cognition more than the ability to stand up?

Even by Trump's low standards his performance since losing the election has been increasingly bizarre and incoherent. Claiming voter fraud but providing no evidence. Claiming several states 'for electoral college purposes' with no means to do so. Tweeting he won the election 10 days after clearly losing it. Keeping Giuliani in charge of his legal challenges when Giuliani has rapidly made himself even more of a laughing stock. Sidney Powell. Even acts such as planning to pardon Michael Flynn before leaving office whilst insisting he has evidence of widespread voter fraud and won't be leaving office. It's farcical and pathetic.

Going back to the televised election debates he was also a babbling mess, incapable of rousing support from undecided voters as he did in 2016. Of course Biden detractors will come back with Biden was no better in the debates, played a straight bat, relied on Kamala to campaign, etc. If Biden was such a terrible campaigner though why did Trump the supposed glorious overlord of campaigning lose to him?

king_carlos

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 Nov 2020, 9:11 am

Duty281 wrote:
dummy_half wrote:I don't think Trump has looked particularly well for the last couple of years - certainly has issues with mobility and standing for a long period (check out how he supported himself on the podium during the debates, and compare with the older but more physically sprightly Biden)

Couldn't disagree more. Trump did 23 rallies in the last week of his 2020 election campaign, all of which were conducted standing up and addressing relatively large audiences for around 60-90 minutes a time. I noticed no difference between his physical state in 2016 and 2020. He has phenomenal energy levels for a man of his years and for someone who sustains himself on fast food and diet coke. Contrast that with the muddled figure of Biden who barely did any campaigning of a similar kind (for very good reasons) and, when he did, was often sitting down and looked half-asleep.

Trump's a man in his seventies who seems 20 years younger. Biden's a man in his seventies who seems 20 years older.

Benefits of doing f*ck all work and spending most of the time golfing and tweeting nonsense.  

He's clinically (and possibly morbidly) obese and has a poor diet.  His heart is a ticking time bomb.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Nov 2020, 11:39 am

superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Benefits of doing f*ck all work and spending most of the time golfing and tweeting nonsense.  

He's clinically (and possibly morbidly) obese and has a poor diet.  His heart is a ticking time bomb.

Fortunately he's quite a calm and even-tempered individual.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 25 Nov 2020, 12:33 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Fortunately he's quite a calm and even-tempered individual.
#StableGenius
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 1:25 pm

king_carlos wrote:If we are discussing Trumps capacity to run in 2024 should that not cover cognition more than the ability to stand up?

Even by Trump's low standards his performance since losing the election has been increasingly bizarre and incoherent. Claiming voter fraud but providing no evidence. Claiming several states 'for electoral college purposes' with no means to do so. Tweeting he won the election 10 days after clearly losing it. Keeping Giuliani in charge of his legal challenges when Giuliani has rapidly made himself even more of a laughing stock. Sidney Powell. Even acts such as planning to pardon Michael Flynn before leaving office whilst insisting he has evidence of widespread voter fraud and won't be leaving office. It's farcical and pathetic.

Going back to the televised election debates he was also a babbling mess, incapable of rousing support from undecided voters as he did in 2016. Of course Biden detractors will come back with Biden was no better in the debates, played a straight bat, relied on Kamala to campaign, etc. If Biden was such a terrible campaigner though why did Trump the supposed glorious overlord of campaigning lose to him?

Trump lost* because of Covid, quite simply. He would have won this election at a canter if it wasn't for the virus and the knock-on effect it had on the economic situation. Trump's superior campaigning ability narrowed the margin of defeat, quite substantially, and made this election the 4th tightest in the last 100 years of US Presidential elections.

We saw about four weeks out from Election Day how far Trump was behind - he was trailing in Texas, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina etc. - but his excellent campaigning style saw him achieve big momentum and he only fell narrowly short. As I said just before Election Day, if the campaign had one more week to run, Trump would have certainly won.

He was also outspent by Biden's campaign, I believe, which is another telling advantage for Biden; although Trump was heavily outspent by Clinton in 2016 and still emerged triumphant, most of the time the campaign that spends more goes on to win.

In terms of cognition, while Trump certainly isn't brilliant in that department, he's Albert Einstein compared to the confused figure of Joe Biden.

And it is Joe Biden, the puppet President, we should be focusing on for now. A term of office that will include, at the very least, more pointless foreign wars, decreased stability in the Middle East, sucking up to big tech, being soft towards China, and pretending the Russian bear is the great enemy of us all.

I don't know who the Republicans will come up with in 2024. If Trump wants to run again, he almost certainly wins the primaries. If he doesn't, it's a wide-open field. The economic health of the USA is unlikely to be brilliant in 2024, so it will be tough for the Democrats to win again next time.

*Assuming all legal challenges fail, which is my presumption at the moment.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 25 Nov 2020, 1:57 pm

He didn't lose favour because of covid. He lost favour because of how his administration handled covid. An important distinction. Trumps handling of covid has been typical of a man who is scientifically illiterate, it's been diabolical.

As for Trump vs Biden, we simply disagree. Biden talking slower and sometimes stumbling on words is typical of someone his age. Trump's deranged ramblings and delusions show a far greater dive mental capacity.

He doesn't even seem to know what fraud is at this stage given that he is claiming voter fraud in the press but his lawyers aren't doing so in court.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:00 pm

And what about the Republican polling manipulation?
Cutting polling stations in certain districts.
Having his chosen man in place at the head of the USPS taking out post boxes and sorting machines to hinder postal votes.
Finding ways to disenfranchise voters? There has been some publicised issues but the one that caught my eye was the need to have a formal address in North Dakota I believe - which stopped many Native Americans voting.

Trump had advantages over Biden and still lost.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:01 pm

king_carlos wrote:...

As for Trump vs Biden, we simply disagree. Biden talking slower and sometimes stumbling on words is typical of someone his age. Trump's deranged ramblings and delusions show a far greater dive mental capacity.

Long time stutterer as well.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:33 pm

A margin of 6 million votes (and counting) doesn't lie. Trump was rejected by the American people. He used every lever the office of the president afforded him, in a way no previous incumbent has done, and it still wasn't enough. Millions love him, no doubt, but millions more wanted him out on his @rse. They were literally dancing in the streets.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:42 pm

Duty281 wrote:
king_carlos wrote:If we are discussing Trumps capacity to run in 2024 should that not cover cognition more than the ability to stand up?

Trump lost* because of Covid, quite simply. He would have won this election at a canter if it wasn't for the virus and the knock-on effect it had on the economic situation. Trump's superior campaigning ability narrowed the margin of defeat, quite substantially, and made this election the 4th tightest in the last 100 years of US Presidential elections.

We saw about four weeks out from Election Day how far Trump was behind - he was trailing in Texas, Florida, Ohio, North Carolina etc. - but his excellent campaigning style saw him achieve big momentum and he only fell narrowly short. As I said just before Election Day, if the campaign had one more week to run, Trump would have certainly won.

He was also outspent by Biden's campaign, I believe, which is another telling advantage for Biden; although Trump was heavily outspent by Clinton in 2016 and still emerged triumphant, most of the time the campaign that spends more goes on to win.

In terms of cognition, while Trump certainly isn't brilliant in that department, he's Albert Einstein compared to the confused figure of Joe Biden.

And it is Joe Biden, the puppet President, we should be focusing on for now. A term of office that will include, at the very least, more pointless foreign wars, decreased stability in the Middle East, sucking up to big tech, being soft towards China, and pretending the Russian bear is the great enemy of us all.

I don't know who the Republicans will come up with in 2024. If Trump wants to run again, he almost certainly wins the primaries. If he doesn't, it's a wide-open field. The economic health of the USA is unlikely to be brilliant in 2024, so it will be tough for the Democrats to win again next time.

*Assuming all legal challenges fail, which is my presumption at the moment.

Duty's recent efforts to cloak his actual feelings behind comments which appear to be balanced and reasonable (but which are the very definition of confirmation bias)falling apart as Trump heads for the exit and now he's just peddling the same old half-arsed tropes that are being spread around social media by morons.  

As Don would say, "sad".

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:46 pm

king_carlos wrote:He didn't lose favour because of covid. He lost favour because of how his administration handled covid. An important distinction. Trumps handling of covid has been typical of a man who is scientifically illiterate, it's been diabolical.

He doesn't even seem to know what fraud is at this stage given that he is claiming voter fraud in the press but his lawyers aren't doing so in court.

Whilst it's fair to say that Trump lost favour because of how his administration handled Covid, any administration would suffer electorally because any outsider can claim to do better. The outsider can always claim there would be fewer deaths, fewer hospitalisations, fewer cases etc. if only they were in charge. If Covid didn't happen, or if the election were a year earlier, Trump would win big league.

I agree that Biden talking slower and sometimes stumbling is typical of someone his age. What is atypical is calling Trump 'George', not knowing what state he's in at a particular rally, confusing his wife with his sister, mixing up his two alive granddaughters with his deceased son. That is evidence of severe mental decline. For all Trump's faults, and there are many, I've never doubted his capacity to know where he is, who his family are and what opponent he's running against.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:And what about the Republican polling manipulation?
Cutting polling stations in certain districts.
Having his chosen man in place at the head of the USPS taking out post boxes and sorting machines to hinder postal votes.
Finding ways to disenfranchise voters?  There has been some publicised issues but the one that caught my eye was the need to have a formal address in North Dakota I believe - which stopped many Native Americans voting.

Trump had advantages over Biden and still lost.

The issue in North Dakota was resolved, I believe.

https://www.narf.org/cases/nd-voter-id/

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Nov 2020, 2:56 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Whilst it's fair to say that Trump lost favour because of how his administration handled Covid, any administration would suffer electorally because any outsider can claim to do better. The outsider can always claim there would be fewer deaths, fewer hospitalisations, fewer cases etc. if only they were in charge. If Covid didn't happen, or if the election were a year earlier, Trump would win big league.

I agree that Biden talking slower and sometimes stumbling is typical of someone his age. What is atypical is calling Trump 'George', not knowing what state he's in at a particular rally, confusing his wife with his sister, mixing up his two alive granddaughters with his deceased son. That is evidence of severe mental decline. For all Trump's faults, and there are many, I've never doubted his capacity to know where he is, who his family are and what opponent he's running against.

But Covid did happen and he did handle it abysmally, administrations the world over have dealt with it badly but I don't recall too many suggesting injecting or ingesting bleach might be a solution.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 3:02 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

But Covid did happen and he did handle it abysmally, administrations the world over have dealt with it badly but I don't recall too many suggesting injecting or ingesting bleach might be a solution.

I agree that Trump handled Covid terribly. I don't quite know what you mean with the bleach remark.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Nov 2020, 3:16 pm

Duty281 wrote:

I agree that Trump handled Covid terribly. I don't quite know what you mean with the bleach remark.

You missed his bleach comments?

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Nov 2020, 3:25 pm

I think Duty might be splitting the exact same hair that Farage split on GMB a few weeks ago. Trump mentioned disinfectant, not bleach specifically.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:08 pm

While standing next to a sign that classified bleach as a disinfectant
GSC
GSC

Luckless Pedestrian likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:14 pm

Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I think Duty might be splitting the exact same hair that Farage split on GMB a few weeks ago. Trump mentioned disinfectant, not bleach specifically.

Correct, Trump didn't tell Americans to drink bleach, as Biden falsely claimed. He didn't even recommend, in those same comments, injecting or ingesting disinfectant of any kind.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:32 pm

Referring to disinfectant.

"It knocks it out in a minute, one minute... And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside, or almost a cleaning?"

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:39 pm

Duty281 wrote:....In terms of cognition, while Trump certainly isn't brilliant in that department, he's Albert Einstein compared to the confused figure of Joe Biden...
Nearly got tea on my keyboard via my nose laughing so hard at that. Nice one.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Wed 25 Nov 2020, 4:57 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Luckless Pedestrian wrote:I think Duty might be splitting the exact same hair that Farage split on GMB a few weeks ago. Trump mentioned disinfectant, not bleach specifically.

Correct, Trump didn't tell Americans to drink bleach, as Biden falsely claimed. He didn't even recommend, in those same comments, injecting or ingesting disinfectant of any kind.
Oh, give me strength. He bloody did. ~30-40 seconds in:

Spoiler:

Baloney about light/heat as well.

The video version of it being there in black and white; right in front of your face. The man's a ****ing moron.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:13 pm

Exactly, to the comments above. "Is there a way we can do that?"

That's a question, to his staff presumably, not a recommendation to the American people to start ingesting bleach or disinfectant.

Trump later clarified that it wouldn't be through injections and that "maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't".

At no point did Trump recommend ingesting or injecting disinfectants, he only asked questions about the possibility of it happening in the future. I agree that this line of thinking is moronic, but it certainly isn't a recommendation.

This is supported by the non-partisan* PolitiFact website: "Biden said Trump said drinking bleach could help fight the coronavirus. Trump did not specifically recommend ingesting disinfectants, but he did express interest in exploring whether disinfectants could be applied to the site of a coronavirus infection inside the body, such as the lungs."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/11/joe-biden/no-trump-didnt-tell-americans-infected-coronavirus/

*They've certainly pulled Trump up on a number of things, rightfully, in the past.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:49 pm

Biden can be a figurehead only if that matters.

Where Trump and Biden are very very different is in the quality of the people they surround themselves with. No family and in laws filling important roles any more. Instead we get actual experts and experience.

Personally I care a lot less about professed politics and a lot more about quality.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Wed 25 Nov 2020, 5:52 pm

I'll take competence over charisma any day of the week.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:22 pm

Duty281 wrote:Exactly, to the comments above. "Is there a way we can do that?"

That's a question, to his staff presumably, not a recommendation to the American people to start ingesting bleach or disinfectant.

Trump later clarified that it wouldn't be through injections and that "maybe it would work, maybe it wouldn't".

At no point did Trump recommend ingesting or injecting disinfectants, he only asked questions about the possibility of it happening in the future. I agree that this line of thinking is moronic, but it certainly isn't a recommendation.

This is supported by the non-partisan* PolitiFact website: "Biden said Trump said drinking bleach could help fight the coronavirus. Trump did not specifically recommend ingesting disinfectants, but he did express interest in exploring whether disinfectants could be applied to the site of a coronavirus infection inside the body, such as the lungs."

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2020/jul/11/joe-biden/no-trump-didnt-tell-americans-infected-coronavirus/

*They've certainly pulled Trump up on a number of things, rightfully, in the past.

Get a grip, it was a comment that should not have been made in the public domain.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:45 pm

He was stupid enough to even consider it as a possibility.
It's like saying (publicly) 'If I flap my arms hard enough, could I fly? Is there a way of doing that?"

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:58 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:

Get a grip, it was a comment that should not have been made in the public domain.

I agree that it's a question which shouldn't have been asked in the public, and probably even the private, domain as it's positively moronic.

But it's a widespread fiction that, at any point, Trump recommended people to ingest or inject disinfectants/bleach.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Wed 25 Nov 2020, 6:59 pm

At no point has anyone said he recommended it, I made it clear it was a suggestion of a solution.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 7:08 pm

Trump blaming Communists now he has realised the Socialist Chavez died a few years ago.

He had collateral as long as he stuck to mail in fraud but this Jello and wall desperation has sunk any tenuous ticket to the game he had.

Best to call it in now....Still time to leave with some dignity..

Just hope he doesn't pardon Maxwell on the way out after all Epstein did visit his Mansion on occasion.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Wed 25 Nov 2020, 7:47 pm

Duty281 wrote:
king_carlos wrote:He didn't lose favour because of covid. He lost favour because of how his administration handled covid. An important distinction. Trumps handling of covid has been typical of a man who is scientifically illiterate, it's been diabolical.

That is, of course, why Jacinda Ardern suffered a landslide defeat in the NZ election.

JDizzle

navyblueshorts, Luckless Pedestrian and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 25 Nov 2020, 8:47 pm

Trump also inherited an economy on the upswing which was going to carry him to a 2nd term
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 8:57 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:At no point has anyone said he recommended it, I made it clear it was a suggestion of a solution.

Navy did.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 25 Nov 2020, 9:00 pm

JDizzle wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

That is, of course, why Jacinda Ardern suffered a landslide defeat in the NZ election.

My example referred solely to the USA, apologies if that was unclear.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Nov 2020, 10:21 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Trump blaming Communists now he has realised the Socialist Chavez died a few years ago.

He had collateral as long as he stuck to mail in fraud but this Jello and wall desperation has sunk any tenuous ticket to the game he had.

Best to call it in now....
Still time to leave with some dignity..

Just hope he doesn't pardon Maxwell on the way out after all Epstein did visit his Mansion on occasion.

You wonder what kind of effect all this will have on the Senate run-offs in Georgia.

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Nov 2020, 10:56 am

Never mind.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by navyblueshorts Thu 26 Nov 2020, 11:09 am

Duty281 wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:At no point has anyone said he recommended it, I made it clear it was a suggestion of a solution.

Navy did.
That wasn't my intent. To be clear, I don't believe he recommended that the US public inject disinfectant. What he did do was actually posit that it would be worth investigating whether injection of disinfectant could treat Covid. Ditto that sunlight might work if it could be shone inside the body (reckon this is because he clearly spends too much time on a tanning bed).

This is hair splitting. The man's an utter moron and yet you appear to believe that he's mentally more competent than Biden. Not only is Trump a moron, he's dangerous because he actually thinks he's clever and, in addition, he's a sociopath.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts

Back to top Go down

Post by Luckless Pedestrian Thu 26 Nov 2020, 11:44 am

navyblueshorts wrote: Not only is Trump a moron, he's dangerous because he actually thinks he's clever

'Pointing to his head, Mr Trump went on: "I'm not a doctor. But I'm, like, a person that has a good you-know-what."'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-52407177

Luckless Pedestrian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 17 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next