The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Is that the split?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:51 am

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Sicond.

Friday turned out to be one of the greatest days of my life.  Took the day off work because we were supposed to be going to do some outdoor family photoshoot that Mrs Superfly had got as a birthday present from one of her friends, but it was cancelled at the last minute due to crap weather.  I was immediately delighted and then to make things even better, my Christmas beer order arrived from Brewdog!  

No work, no photoshoot and 96 cans of beer.  

Back of the net! And I'm sure you'll be too busy with work to afford another day off when the photoshoot is rearranged.

I've already laid down a marker and said it can't now happen before Spring due to various work committments.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:52 am

Galted wrote:That's a touching story, Super.  I'd suggest Mrs Superfly needs a better class of friends if an outdoor family photoshoot passes as a birthday present.

She'll have one less once this friend meets an "accidental" but brutal end.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Dec 07, 2020 10:57 am

I need to quickly think of some different Christmas presents.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:20 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:I need to quickly think of some different Christmas presents.

96 cans of beer.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:36 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:That's a touching story, Super.  I'd suggest Mrs Superfly needs a better class of friends if an outdoor family photoshoot passes as a birthday present.

Morning Dave.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 07, 2020 11:46 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Morning Dave.

I've outsourced it to Dave. For free.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 07, 2020 1:57 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Morning Dave.

You've also michaelsed the sh*t out of this place.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:02 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Morning Dave.

It's because Rick and PJ are not around. One of them might be Peter Alliss.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Morning Dave.

It's because Rick and PJ are not around.  One of them might be Peter Alliss.  

I suspect rICk must be Alliss.

PJ is just recuperating - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-55212638

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:25 pm

I saw that story. That lad was probably out for a few beers later that night.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Dec 07, 2020 2:44 pm

superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Friday turned out to be one of the greatest days of my life.  Took the day off work because we were supposed to be going to do some outdoor family photoshoot that Mrs Superfly had got as a birthday present from one of her friends, but it was cancelled at the last minute due to crap weather.  I was immediately delighted and then to make things even better, my Christmas beer order arrived from Brewdog!  

Back of the net! And I'm sure you'll be too busy with work to afford another day off when the photoshoot is rearranged.

I've already laid down a marker and said it can't now happen before Spring due to various work committments.

Brilliant management there, superfly. Confident enough to announce it on a public forum too. Don't be surprised if you're approached to roll out the vaccine and complete the trade deal.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:00 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

Brilliant management there, superfly. Confident enough to announce it on a public forum too. Don't be surprised if you're approached to roll out the vaccine and complete the trade deal.

... and I tell you what, those British fish would be the most heavily vaccinated fish in any of the oceans.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Dec 07, 2020 3:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:

... and I tell you what, those British fish would be the most heavily vaccinated fish in any of the oceans.  

Never in doubt.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:47 am

Back to work Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 08, 2020 8:58 am

Sicond fiddle.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 9:33 am

Tird rate

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:22 am

Forth

Who'd have thought that Duty would be supportive of Millwall fans booing players taking a knee (using that phrase to deliberatly annoy Navy)? I could never have predicted that in a million years.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:34 am

Good news everyone. Super is not Chuck Yeager. Boom!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Dec 08, 2020 10:49 am

Bizarrely and coincidentally, I woke up about three in the morning and coudln't sleep for a bit and it crossed my mind that I hadn't seen the film The Right Stuff in a while and that I should try to find my DVD. I'm now thinking that I must have clocked the news about Chuck Yeager at some point last night but that it hadn't registered. Either that, or I have magical powers.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:21 am

I love this place of a Tuesday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:33 am

What about of a Wednesday?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 08, 2020 11:39 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:What about of a Wednesday?

Don't be a c*nt, Jules. You know I hate it of a Wednesday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:10 pm

Wonder what Bill Gates is going to do with his first day in control of Margaret Keenan?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:17 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Wonder what Bill Gates is going to do with his first day in control of Margaret Keenan?

I'm keeping an eye on the p0rn channels

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Wonder what Bill Gates is going to do with his first day in control of Margaret Keenan?

So too will Tino.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:26 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

So too will Tino.
I think he usually does that of a Wednesday

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Dec 08, 2020 3:54 pm

If the Microchip in the vaccine auto-uploaded tracking data to Strava, i think people would be down.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

So too will Tino.

Wrong. I go for a walk of a Wednesday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:03 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:If the Microchip in the vaccine auto-uploaded tracking data to  Strava, i think people would be down.

Would it be known as Down Syndrome?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:03 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

So too will Tino.

Wrong. I go for a wa*k of a Wednesday.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:12 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

So too will Tino.

You won't win a Pulitzer for filth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

So too will Tino.

You won't win a Pulitzer for filth.

Windows quipped.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:12 am

Boo (bloody) hoo notches! Fist.

Had a great trip. 1850 miles covered. Feel so refreshed..
Back on Sunday but spent the last few days simply observing the comments on here. I must say I'm not offended at all. Pretty much up to par. OK
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Dec 09, 2020 8:51 am

Surprised sicond. Thoughtthe fist was from Rick and that he'd cracked and gone on a road rage trip.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:56 am

Galted wrote:Surprised sicond.  Thoughtthe fist was from Rick and that he'd cracked and gone on a road rage trip.

How are you going, Galted?

The country looks so great after a bit of rain. I was so impressed. Lots of infrastructure activity going on too. Roads, rail, comms. Wheat harvest (so stunning golden landscapes), green hills, huge lakes full of water. A fair bit of oil and gas exploration going on too. (not a huge fan but OK for base load power. No fracking though) Saw quite a few high tech vans driven by bearded guys wearing hi-viz gear. Something's afoot. I had an epiphany moment where I was even more aware of how much natural wealth there is right under our feet. You also feel as though you are so far away from the rest of the world... and from all the daily problems in the big smoke.

Also had a surreal evening in a pub in a gold town... the place was packed. It was like stepping back in time but with all mod cons. Very friendly people... women in tank tops with great knockers handing over my beers with a knowing smile. I almost got half pissed along with some wood. Definitely want to go back there sometime next year.

Popped into the compact array telescope - amazing set up. It collects weak signals from outer space then amplifies them. The amount of energy of the source is so weak it would take 70,000 years to heat a droplet of water by one degree C. A nice woman with a red kelpie (it was trying to smile... whilst snapping at flies... f*cking hot 45°C at the time) met us and told us to switch to 'aeroplane mode' to avoid signal interference (which we did) but as I was walking by the office a recorded woman's voice told me that it "detected some interference". I appreciated her tone... calm but insistent.

Must have been the low intensity waves emanating from the titanium plate and bolts in my leg. Either that - or it picked up the strong vibes gushing from my ebullient personality.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:15 am

Nice anecdotes to start the day PJ.
In reply I can only say - it's sh1t in the UK today.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 09, 2020 10:56 am

Thanks Jules... here are some snaps.

Dubbo "Red Earth":
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7617
Narrabri "Forked Sticks":
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7616
Lake Burrendong "Native Bear":
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7713
Gulgong "Deep Waterhole":
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7714
Dunedoo "Swan" Winx and Hugh Bowman:
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7715
Creepy Dolls in shop - For Tino:
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7717
Gilgandra "Long Waterhole":
Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Img_7619

Really like the town centre of Dubbo... top notch now compared to a few decades ago.
Narrabri - the town itself is a bit run down but the new Inland Rail will give it a boost. The Compact Array is about 20 km south-west of the town.
Lake Burrendong - can be 3 x Sydney Harbour but it got down to 3% capacity in 2019. Now about 44% full.
Gulgong - so much gold there! Also known as the $10 dollar town - home of author/poet Henry Lawson. Recommend the pub!
Dunedoo - located on the Golden Highway. Must be a reason for that?
Some spooky dolls - note the little girl taking a pee... in a teacup! Didn't even notice that at the time I took the snap.
Gilgandra - where 26 blokes set off on foot. 320 miles to Sydney on 10 October, 1915. After Gallipoli. 263 men joined in along the way. It was called the Cooee March - as in calling out for others to sign up. Talk about real peer group pressure. You were shunned by society if you didn't. So sad...
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 09, 2020 11:53 am

Why are the creepy dolls for my benefit!

But jeez, they are f*cking creepy. Looks like a Windows family photo.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:01 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Why are the creepy dolls for my benefit!

But jeez, they are f*cking creepy. Looks like a Windows family photo.

Laugh

Don't know why... just thought of you when I saw them.
I actually chuckled thinking about you looking at such craft. Maybe to do with that dusty old threadwork?

There was another shopfront with a bull's skull, couple of teddy bears in a pram, a few pots and billy cans and some old drover's hat. Only in Oz.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:41 pm

Superb posting, PJ. Impressive that you did it in so few posts as well, no wonder it takes months between thread splits.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:04 pm

Galted wrote:Superb posting, PJ.  Impressive that you did it in so few posts as well, no wonder it takes months between thread splits.

It won't happen, Galted. Not on my watch.

If michaelsing this thread has to be the hill I die on (again) then so be it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:10 pm

Galted wrote:Superb posting, PJ.  Impressive that you did it in so few posts as well, no wonder it takes months between thread splits.

Surely that should say 'Not on my swatch'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I don't actually wear a watch/Swatch. Never have.

I prefer to use the position of the sun to tell the time.

How is your morning going, Julio?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:55 pm

The Culture Cup is a much safer place since you were resurrected.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:13 pm

Glad to see you have a safe space in these trying times, snowflakes...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:23 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Glad to see you have a safe space in these trying times, snowflakes...

#deadlivesmatter

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:14 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

No swatches? You'll be telling me you don't use thimbles next.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Oh I see what you've done now! That is actually f*cking genius, Jules. It is posting of that quality that reminds me why I love you so much and why I am pretty dim in comparison.

But I don't use thimbles, I prefer the snare.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:20 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Oh I see what you've done now! That is actually f*cking genius, Jules. It is posting of that quality that reminds me why I love you so much and why I am pretty dim in comparison.

But I don't use thimbles, I prefer the snare.

drumroll

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Dec 10, 2020 10:17 am

I am not Brexit trade talks, Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum