The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted on Fri 13 Nov 2020, 9:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Is that the split?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx on Tue 12 Jan 2021, 4:23 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Craig has some videos on youtube promoting his On The Buses Film Locations book. I watched it on the weekend. I was both quietly impressed and amused at his obsession. To think that he researched all the locations and took photos - half the places don't exist anymore.

Seems a decent bloke although I wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with him for too long.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AbyNX6daAA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7OR6pv7KQ6M

Enjoy... Super! Warning: The Borehamwood one is a bit longer.

It's the kind of thing that makes me truly value the mostly anonymous nature of this site.

Well said, Glyn Thomas from Cardiff.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales on Tue 12 Jan 2021, 5:10 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Craig has some videos on youtube promoting his On The Buses Film Locations book. I watched it on the weekend. I was both quietly impressed and amused at his obsession. To think that he researched all the locations and took photos - half the places don't exist anymore.

Seems a decent bloke although I wouldn't want to be stuck in a lift with him for too long.

It's the kind of thing that makes me truly value the mostly anonymous nature of this site.

laughing No wonder I never settled in Swansea.

lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Tue 12 Jan 2021, 5:33 pm

I'm still waiting for an apology for the moth-relayed vitriol I received yesterday.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Tue 12 Jan 2021, 5:39 pm

Galted wrote:I'm still waiting for an apology for the moth-relayed vitriol I received yesterday.

Keep waiting.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Tue 12 Jan 2021, 6:43 pm

Cuny.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 8:24 am

Clever work, Galted.
Hat-fist

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 9:44 am

Sleepy Sicunds

Sleeping 'responsible' hours and working at home doesn't seem to go together.

lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 10:05 am

Tremendous tird.

Thanks, Jules, that's made my Wednesday. It's certainly just the incentive I need to avoid any mistakes for the rest of the week.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 11:38 am

Sh1t on here today

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 11:41 am

Sorry, I've been a little busy roaming the countryside looking for the fox that tried to get in my chicken coop last night. The little f*cker didn't manage it though. Not that cunning it appears.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 12:17 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Sh1t on here today
I ate my body weight in fried food last night and am still dragging myself out of the induced coma heading into the afternoon.

Given the threads title has music in it I did listen to a lot of Gerry Rafferty last night whilst comatose. What an artist. City to City is one of my favourite albums of all time.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 12:37 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sorry, I've been a little busy roaming the countryside looking for the fox that tried to get in my chicken coop last night. The little f*cker didn't manage it though. Not that cunning it appears.

I'm impressed that you would recognise it if you saw it again.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 12:39 pm

king_carlos wrote:
I ate my body weight in fried food last night and am still dragging myself out of the induced coma heading into the afternoon.

Given the threads title has music in it I did listen to a lot of Gerry Rafferty last night whilst comatose. What an artist. City to City is one of my favourite albums of all time.

I saw him live - might well have been the City to City tour - around that time anyway.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 12:42 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sorry, I've been a little busy roaming the countryside looking for the fox that tried to get in my chicken coop last night. The little f*cker didn't manage it though. Not that cunning it appears.

Couldn't find it. Turns out they are pretty cunning.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : There are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap. And we'll die in the class we were born, well that's a class of our own my love. A class of our own my love. Did you see the stylish kids in the riot, cos mine beat me up then set the night on fire. Wombles bleed, truncheons and shields, you know I cherish you my love. Oh how I cherish Julius my love.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 12:53 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Do Julius and the Solihull hunt range as far as your neck of the woods?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:02 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

Do Julius and the Solihull hunt range as far as your neck of the woods?

You can't say things like that about his wife.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

I saw him live - might well have been the City to City tour - around that time anyway.
That makes me incredibly jealous to be honest. Whereabouts was he playing Jules?

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:12 pm

king_carlos wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

That makes me incredibly jealous to be honest. Whereabouts was he playing Jules?

On the stage.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:14 pm

king_carlos wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
king_carlos wrote:

It was over 40 years ago so I'm not sure I can remember exactly - Leicester de montford Hall, most likely

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:17 pm

Might have been 1980, judging by an old concert ticket for sale on ebay - so probably the Snakes and Ladders tour. I remember having that on vinyl.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 1:32 pm

Lucky man.

My dad has an original pressing Humblebums vinyl from '69 I believe. Brilliant getting to hear Rafferty and Billy Connolly together. Two legends of their eventual genres.

Such a sad story with Rafferty in the end with his disappearance and early passing. Connolly talked about texting Rafferty on his deathbed during a Conan O'Brien interview a few years back. As always managing to find humour in a sad situation.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 2:14 pm

Still kicking off on the g*lf board.

3 threads locked in a row.

Those cats are wild.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

Navy has gone rogue

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 2:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Navy has gone rogue

Video killed the radio star, Navy killed the g*lf board.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 2:33 pm

McLaren going down swinging.

I wonder who will start the next blocked thread?

Maybe an opportunity for Truss to return like the Undertaker sitting up in his casket.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 2:42 pm

Would be quite funny if I started one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 3:18 pm

I was thinking of starting one asking why g*lfers wear those baseball caps that don't have the head bit. Just the visor and a headband. What is the point?

I mean there are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap, but if you're going to wear one, at least wear a proper one. Do they come in cheaper than a "full" baseball cap?

Navy will just lock it though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 3:22 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I was thinking of starting one asking why g*lfers wear those baseball caps that don't have the head bit. Just the visor and a headband. What is the point?

I mean there are fewer more distressing sights than that of an Englishman in a baseball cap, but if you're going to wear one, at least wear a proper one. Do they come in cheaper than a "full" baseball cap?

Navy will just lock it though.

Recreate the thread on the old 606 boxing board and ask them why all boxers have big red hands.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 3:45 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

This is terrible. I was thinking about those YouTube videos again and now for some reason I can't get the image of a weeble out of my head.

lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 4:10 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

This is terrible. I was thinking about those YouTube videos again and now for some reason I can't get the image of a weeble out of my head.

Don't fall down.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Wed 13 Jan 2021, 4:36 pm

The Borehamwood video led me to a documentary about the Carry On films in the recommended videos. About 2 hours later I was deep in a YouTube hole and watching grainy uploaded clips from stuff like The Thin Blue Line.

I might do a PhD so I can perform research into whether a YouTube hole is darker than a k-hole. After spending a couple of hours watching obscure YouTube recommends I emerge from a dark room wondering if civilisation will still be outside.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 8:26 am

Unprecedented quadrafist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 9:26 am

My sicond makes me feel a bit like Tim Henman.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 9:48 am

My tird makes me prouder than Henman's mum.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 9:51 am

Had a bit of a drama with the same spider again today. Last night it made its way inside again. Had the lights down low but I spotted a dark mass near the air conditioning unit... making its way briskly along the cornice line.

A small game of cat and mouse (or human and spider in this case) then ensued. I was trying to coax it to go around the corner towards the door but it had its 8 eyes on the dark space behind the chest of drawers. Would have been difficult to get it out if it went that way - there's plenty of space up under the inside of the frame. Just managed to prevent it going under there using a broom stick handle. It ended up on the glass louvres... so I grabbed the container and placed it directly under where it was. Then made the mistake of tilting the louvres. It rushed into the space between the blades and the outside screen.

Standing on a chair, I carefully looked into the gap on the high-level louvre sill. Nothing. Then I remember someone telling me they can squeeze their bodies through the tiniest of gaps so I thought it must have gone through a slot on the frame somewhere...? So to have some peace of mind; I closed the louvres shut again. Then went to bed.

Today was bloody hot. 45.5 deg. C in the outdoor car park down at the shops (according to the gauge in the car during the late afternoon) When I drove off however; it went back down to 40.5. However earlier this morning as the day was heating up... probably early 30s? at about 10:30 a.m. I noticed the large arachnid waving to me from the inside of the louvres. It was trying to catch my attention I think... almost tapping with its two front legs... massive front legs!

Grabbed the container again but this time I filled the bottom few millimetres with some cool water... knowing it was probably feeling the affects of dehydration by this time. I opened the louvres and it sprang out. No trouble getting it into the container. Took it back around the side of the house. The pebbles were like hot coals... in bare feet. Placed the container near a broken brick vent leading to underneath the house, then opened the lid. It paused for a moment... gave me a wave with the front legs and then it went in through the hole with considerable purpose.

Dark again now. Won't surprise me if it tries to come back inside again. I think it likes me. Must admit I feel quite acquainted too.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 10:20 am

I'd literally sh1t myself if somehting like that came into my house.  

Quick change of pants and then on with my biggest pair of boots and crush it to a pulp.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 10:33 am

My pulse went up a little bit... it freaked me out at first (last night) but when I saw it in the morning light I could have sworn it had a happy face.

Sort of.

Nice tones of brown, gold and black. Marvellous creation when you think about it. Live and let live is my motto. Besides, it has a job to do under there...

When I was carrying it around the side in the plastic container it made a few violent lunges towards my fingers. Quite a decent knocking sound.
I'm no Tino... but I had to adjust the grip even though I was pretty sure the fangs couldn't pierce the plastic.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 11:00 am

Snowing here today, might have to get my coat out of storage, morning all.

Ahh, big red hands, Spring (proper WUM) And Union and his weird OCD reverse lineal champ, great stuff.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 11:26 am

Pal Joey wrote:
I'm no Tino...

Few are, flower.

I love your stories PJ. Always delivered with a flourish and some lovely details that make me feel invested in the outcome. I even lifted my feet off the (cold) kitchen floor in reflex at your hot pebbles line.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 12:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
I'm no Tino...

Few are, flower.

Two a penny in The View.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 12:24 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
I'm no Tino...

Few are, flower.

Two a penny in The View.

l*l.

Ain't that the truth.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 1:57 pm

Just had time to catch up with the golf board, blimey.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 2:11 pm

McLaren even took it to the PGA Tour running commentary in the sticky threads looking for a bite but didn't get one  Laugh

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:00 pm

Proud dad moment for me today, my 3 year old was caught trying to nick a pack of chewing gum from Sainsbury's.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:04 pm

He got caught. Nothing to be proud of. When my daughter was that age I wheeled her out of HMV with a couple of CDs, and it was me that took them back a bit later.
You may have seen her recently in that video from the Capitol.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:14 pm

l*l out loud.

Favoured security as it was a Sainsbury's local so it wasn't a very big area their Nigerian had to cover. Plus he'd managed to get it without me noticing.

I reckon we can do the liquor department at Waitrose as the store's massive.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:17 pm

Galted wrote:Proud dad moment for me today, my 3 year old was caught trying to nick a pack of chewing gum from Sainsbury's.

*the Sainsbury's

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:18 pm

What is it with today's Americanization of the word 'booze' to 'liquor'? Have we all turned into a bunch of tw@ts?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:20 pm

Galted wrote:Proud dad moment for me today, my 3 year old was caught trying to nick a pack of chewing gum from Sainsbury's.

*the Sainsbury's

Too f*cking right! Things got pretty slack around here when you were dead Tino. Glad you're back to sort things out.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos on Thu 14 Jan 2021, 3:22 pm

Galted only goes for hard booze hence the liquor. Anyone can swipe a few stubbies. That's beginner level supermarket theft. The good stuff is behind the counter these days. So much more distraction and creativity required.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 19 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum