The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
lostinwales
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
Galted
12 posters

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:10 am

First topic message reminder :

Is that the split?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:09 am

Cold tird. A new dusting of white stuff outside. Snow on Saturday but not so much left. The light is wonderful.

Commuting in all this would be tough, luckily my commute consists of a set of stairs.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 18 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon Jan 25, 2021 12:54 pm

Dead on here today. Have to wait until 16:49 for Galted to liven things up in an effort to get a michaelsing. Pathetic, given how casually LiW pulled one off right on the midlle of the morning peak period.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:26 pm

RIP Larry King_carlos

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:47 pm

superflyweight wrote:Dead on here today.  Have to wait until 16:49 for Galted to liven things up in an effort to get a michaelsing.  Pathetic, given how casually LiW pulled one off right on the midlle of the morning peak period.  

Might try an early afternoon one today, show these pretenders that I can mix it up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jan 25, 2021 1:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:RIP Larry King_carlos

Good effort, Julius.  Makes me suspect that you're coming up with the post first and having the relevant celeb killed by DAVE.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:09 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Dead on here today.  Have to wait until 16:49 for Galted to liven things up in an effort to get a michaelsing.  Pathetic, given how casually LiW pulled one off right on the midlle of the morning peak period.  

Might try an early afternoon one today, show these pretenders that I can mix it up.

I'm not Chrissie Hynde.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:33 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:

I'm not Chrissie Hynde.

Don't get me wrong, but I think that your post was in very poor taste.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:54 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

I'm not Chrissie Hynde.

Don't get me wrong, but I think that your post was in very poor taste.

Well played.

I can't carry on the Pretenders punning as I would have to google their other songs and that would make me a bigger c*nt than I already am.

Sh*t compared to Oasis anyway.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:04 pm

Sh*t compared to Oasis anyway.

Live Forever has literally (correct use) just come on the radio as well. It's a sign that Jeff Rowley/Rowley will be returning soon.

Oasis are like a better version of The Kinks. Davies isn't fit to carry Noel's plectrum.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:11 pm

Think you need to make it your personal mission to revive the boxing board if you want Jeff back (worth noting that he called himself "GeoffreyRowley" on the ESB forum - christ that place was a bearpit - made this forum at its worst seem almost normal).

Maybe go with a Floyd v Manny thread because those were such a massive f*cking success the first time around.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:25 pm

I would go for the Spring method of reaching the conclusion why Hamed would win against anyone.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:29 pm

Spring was a prophet.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Oasis are sh1te though. Talented, but mostly very lazy once they realised that people would buy any old crap they came up with.

And as for high flying ducks there is no way that they would have ever got any airtime without the 'Gallagher' name attached.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:16 pm

lostinwales wrote:Oasis are sh1te though. Talented, but mostly very lazy once they realised that people would buy any old crap they came up with.

And as for high flying ducks there is no way that they would have ever got any airtime without the 'Gallagher' name attached.

No, LiW. This isn't helping my campaign.

As much as I agree with your Oasis synopsis, we need to start talking them up. It is the only way we'll get Geoff/Jeff Rowley/Rowley back from Tw*tter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:20 pm

We need to up the campaign little by little.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:24 pm

Until it eventually goes supersonic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:25 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:We need to up the campaign little by little.

I knew you would stand by me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 pm

I wonder if this campaign will hit a wall

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Jan 25, 2021 4:34 pm

We'll just have to roll with it to find out.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:Until it eventually goes supersonic.  

Superfly - just found this hidden gem. Scandalously overlooked until now.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:29 am

Whatever - Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:37 am

Sicond.

Morning rick. Given the absence of everyone else on here, you're like a large pool of water in the middle of a desert.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue Jan 26, 2021 9:58 am

guildfordbat wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Until it eventually goes supersonic.  

Superfly - just found this hidden gem. Scandalously overlooked until now.

Thanks GB - this lot don't deserve me, but you do.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 am

Tird. Seminar on water quality getting in the way of the proper wasting of time on here.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:18 am

Excellent start to the day, lovely stuff, Jules.

Have you managed to get any lockdown filming or associated activities?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:28 am

lostinwales wrote:Tird. Seminar on water quality getting in the way of the proper wasting of time on here.

What is the water quality like these days?
Any improvements... or do the floods wash all the crap back into the dams and waterways and undo some (or all) of the good work?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Tird. Seminar on water quality getting in the way of the proper wasting of time on here.

Any improvements... or do the floods wash all the crap back into the dams and waterways and undo some (or all) of the good work?

I am a consultant using computational fluid dynamics to model/ get insight into physical processes. One of the areas we work in is water treatment (either through chlorine treatment or UV radiation). It is basically an excuse to make pretty pictures and try and pretend you can use those pictures to better design contact tanks etc.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:45 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Excellent start to the day, lovely stuff, Jules.

Had a major bust-up with my director/co-owner. Personal differences, more than creative differences, which has led to a parting of the ways, so my producing career is on indefinite hold.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:46 am

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I am a consultant using computational fluid dynamics to model/ get insight into physical processes. One of the areas we work in is water treatment (either through chlorine treatment or UV radiation). It is basically an excuse to make pretty pictures and try and pretend you can use those pictures to better design contact tanks etc.

True story. The first job we did for a very good client of ours was modelling how long it took to remove the results of a 'fecal incident' from a swimming pool.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:47 am

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I am a consultant using computational fluid dynamics to model/ get insight into physical processes. One of the areas we work in is water treatment (either through chlorine treatment or UV radiation)...

Anyone got any arthropod news?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:50 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I am a consultant using computational fluid dynamics to model/ get insight into physical processes. One of the areas we work in is water treatment (either through chlorine treatment or UV radiation)...

Currently a bit cold for bugs.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 10:58 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it's sad news I'm afraid. The lovely spider I caught twice and then released back to the wild was found dead just off my side pebble area. Around the same time I heard Larry King died. What was unusual was a few of its legs were detached... otherwise it looked quite peaceful at rest. Gave it a quick burial under some of the neighbour's plants.

Then today... I was just minding my own business having gone for swim in the blistering heat... when I saw the remains of his wife (or partner if you like) completely desiccated... the shell of the abdomen almost see through. Poor thing never stood a chance in this heat.

Apologies to Tino. I know this news will deeply upset him.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:00 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Excellent start to the day, lovely stuff, Jules.

Had a major bust-up with my director/co-owner. Personal differences, more than creative differences, which has led to a parting of the ways, so my producing career is on indefinite hold.

Sorry to hear that, Jules, hope it gets back on track.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:08 am

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Currently a bit cold for bugs.

Not so cold here. We've had a 5-day heat wave... peaking this afternoon. Unbearable!
Then to add insult to injury we just had a few spits of rain... pathetic. It has already evaporated. Still 32 degrees C at 10pm.

Think I'll buy a few bags of ice to throw into the pool tomorrow. The water temperature has gone up from 24.2 last week to 30.2 this afternoon. Sort of refreshing when you get out and feel a faint breeze... but too South China Sea for me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:18 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

I got bitten on the hand the other day by our corn snake. My own fault as I got lazy with feeding him and wasn't paying attention. He struck for the defrosted mouse but I was holding it by the tail rather than using tongs and he missed and hit me just below the thumb. They only have tiny little teeth but they are razor sharp and once they latch on, they don't let go easily. So I had to walk to the sink with a snake attached and blood dripping off my hand. Then had to flick some water on his face to get him to let go. To make matters worse, he then rejected the mouse as he was clearly distressed.

Not sure if that is as exciting as clearing sh*t from a swimming pool but it is all I've got.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:28 am

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it's sad news I'm afraid. The lovely spider I caught twice and then released back to the wild was found dead just off my side pebble area. Around the same time I heard Larry King died. What was unusual was a few of its legs were detached... otherwise it looked quite peaceful at rest. Gave it a quick burial under some of the neighbour's plants.

Then today... I was just minding my own business having gone for swim in the blistering heat... when I saw the remains of his wife (or partner if you like) completely desiccated... the shell of the abdomen almost see through. Poor thing never stood a chance in this heat.

Joey - whilst obviously now upset for Tino, I was at first concerned for your neighbour as I thought it was his wife who was completely desiccated.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:45 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Joey - whilst obviously now upset for Tino, I was at first concerned for your neighbour as I thought it was his wife who was completely desiccated.

Sorry, I perhaps should have made that clearer.

On the original posting half a dozen or so pages back - I presumed the one that came inside twice was a male. They don't have such a large abdomen compared to the female. What was really sad when I found the body was that I immediately identified it as the same spider. It (or he in this case) just seemed all too familiar.

As for the neighbours... don't fret. They are still alive and ticking. Unfortunately. They're from Tripoli... not the Libyan capital... the Lebanese city.

The old man of the house has an annoying habit of banging the eaves with a long pole in an effort to scare pigeons away. He does this at least two to three times a day. Very annoying. I bought him some "Rid" - a spray which is meant to repel birds, cats, rats and even dogs I think... but he has never used it... which is a little insulting to me but what more can you do? To make things worse; I've seen him throwing breadcrumbs around his backyard... thus feeding the very same pigeons he wants to get rid (excuse the pun) of.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:51 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

I got bitten on the hand the other day by our corn snake. My own fault as I got lazy with feeding him and wasn't paying attention. He struck for the defrosted mouse but I was holding it by the tail rather than using tongs and he missed and hit me just below the thumb. They only have tiny little teeth but they are razor sharp and once they latch on, they don't let go easily. So I had to walk to the sink with a snake attached and blood dripping off my hand. Then had to flick some water on his face to get him to let go. To make matters worse, he then rejected the mouse as he was clearly distressed.

Not sure if that is as exciting as clearing sh*t from a swimming pool but it is all I've got.

Sod Jeff, that story might get David Attenborough joining the forum. Sounds a bit like my interactions with my cat, although her teeth aren't little and splashing water in her face would probably result in more bloodshed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:56 am

Are corn snakes, or snakes in general, known to have poor eyesight?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 26, 2021 11:57 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

Sod Jeff, that story might get David Attenborough joining the forum.  Sounds a bit like my interactions with my cat, although her teeth aren't little and splashing water in her face would probably result in more bloodshed.

I hope I die before David Attenborough. I can't face that.

I am not bothered if Geoff/Jeff dies before me, but not Sir David.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Are corn snakes, or snakes in general, known to have poor eyesight?

Their eyesight isn't great at all. That is the first time he has missed though and it was my fault for being lazy with it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:01 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

That's a great story, Tino.

Just out of curiosity... how do you defrost the mouse? Old microwave in the shed or do you just hang them up off the rafters to thaw out?

I came across one of those 'Snakes in the City' programmes the other day. There was a heavily tattooed English couple (the woman had huge knockers and pink hair (on her head) too... ring a bell?) and it is their job to remove snakes which get stuck in awkward places. This one was a black mamba... scary looking and appeared to be quite aggressive. I had to hand it to the punk couple... the casual way in which they stuck their faces in tricky areas. It could have ended poorly. But in the end they used the tongs quite well (from both ends) and extracted this deadly snake with considerable ease. Absolutely no fear shown.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:02 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

Sod Jeff, that story might get David Attenborough joining the forum.  Sounds a bit like my interactions with my cat, although her teeth aren't little and splashing water in her face would probably result in more bloodshed.

Many years ago I was giving a worming tablet to one of our cats. She managed to bite my thumb hard enough to get a fang through the nail. Most of the time she was a real sweetheart.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:13 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

Just out of curiosity... how do you defrost the mouse? Old microwave in the shed or do you just hang them up off the rafters to thaw out?

I came across one of those 'Snakes in the City' programmes the other day. There was a heavily tattooed English couple (the woman had huge knockers and pink hair (on her head) too... ring a bell?) and it is their job to remove snakes which get stuck in awkward places. This one was a black mamba... scary looking and appeared to be quite aggressive. I had to hand it to the punk couple... the casual way in which they stuck their faces in tricky areas. It could have ended poorly. But in the end they used the tongs quite well (from both ends) and extracted this deadly snake with considerable ease. Absolutely no fear shown.

Yep I have watched Snakes in the City many times! Simon and his wife, Susie. I like it but they only do it in Durban so all the snakes are the same (Mambas, Spitting Cobras and the odd Boomslang) so it gets a bit repetitive. He is in incredibly good at handling them though, one of the best I've seen. Gets them out of some horrific places.

You absolutely must not microwave the mouse/rats though, Pee Jay. Can cause all sorts of bacterial issues for snakes. Literally just leave them out covered with kitchen roll. Takes a couple of hours depending on the size. The corn snake is fully grown now (circa 5 ft but thin) so his mice won't get any bigger. The ball python we have is still a juvenile so will grow more. He is currently on pretty large mice but will end up on defrosted rats. I wouldn't want to take a bite from him though, even now, but especially when they get fully grown. Sharp, backwards pointing teeth. He is incredibly docile though, it is only at feeding time when you need to be careful. You have to feed them out of their vivarium so they don't associate your hand with food. We put them in a separate tank and feed with tongs (normally) so they associate the smaller tank with dinner time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:51 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it has.

Yep I have watched Snakes in the City many times! Simon and his wife, Susie. I like it but they only do it in Durban so all the snakes are the same (Mambas, Spitting Cobras and the odd Boomslang) so it gets a bit repetitive. He is in incredibly good at handling them though, one of the best I've seen. Gets them out of some horrific places.

You absolutely must not microwave the mouse/rats though, Pee Jay. Can cause all sorts of bacterial issues for snakes. Literally just leave them out covered with kitchen roll. Takes a couple of hours depending on the size. The corn snake is fully grown now (circa 5 ft but thin) so his mice won't get any bigger. The ball python we have is still a juvenile so will grow more. He is currently on pretty large mice but will end up on defrosted rats. I wouldn't want to take a bite from him though, even now, but especially when they get fully grown. Sharp, backwards pointing teeth. He is incredibly docile though, it is only at feeding time when you need to be careful. You have to feed them out of their vivarium so they don't associate your hand with food. We put them in a separate tank and feed with tongs (normally) so they associate the smaller tank with dinner time.

Very interesting. So their main living quarters is a bigger tank and you have to pick them up every time for feeding and place them in a smaller tank? Is that your job primarily or does the missus get involved with feeding them too?

How many rats do you buy at a time? Are they still alive when you get them?

Sorry if I'm being too personal but I'm fascinated with your daily routine.

Many years ago I had a friend who lived on the outskirts of town adjacent to a large national park. He was a snake and reptile enthusiast. I used to go with him looking for them to capture and bring home. On one occasion we discovered a cache of firearms instead - hidden under a rock ledge.  
We were only about 10 or 11. I still remember the fear of thinking someone might discover us there and then... but luckily not a soul was in sight.

We had to trudge back to the house (one hour through difficult terrain); call the local cops... then walk back with them to the site where the guns were located. It was quite a thrill at the time but I also had a strong sense of evil about the find. Still do in fact. Someone must have been very p!ssed off.

Another time when I wasn't there he brought back a Diamond Python. I remember it was basically kept in a room (it was a large house) and it was always trying to break out. Eventually it did. Don't think his parents were too pleased having quite a large predator in the house. Seem to remember they had a couple of cats and dogs... once of which was a yappy poodle-type mutt with a continuous ear-piercing bark. It was bloody awful from memory.

Maybe that's what motivated the snake to get back down into the valley as soon as it found an opening somewhere.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:58 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 26, 2021 12:57 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Sorry if I'm being too personal but I'm fascinated with your daily routine.

SLW

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Sorry if I'm being too personal but I'm fascinated with your daily routine.

SLW

Sounds like work but I presume it's more of a hobby for Tino.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:40 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Very interesting. So their main living quarters is a bigger tank and you have to pick them up every time for feeding and place them in a smaller tank? Is that your job primarily or does the missus get involved with feeding them too?

I don't mind Pee Jay. I'm sure everyone else is fascinated, they are just too shy to ask.....

The snakes each have an individual vivarium in the utility room and the spider has his tank in there as well. They have heat mats/lights that work on a thermostat and timer. But then we have two hand held plastic tanks which are just for feeding. So we get them out, place them in their feeding tank (being careful not to mix them up so they recognise their own smell in their own feeding tank) and then give them the mice/rat. They will start to smell the air around it with their tongues then eventually they will strike, coil around it and swallow it hole - that process of walking their body over the rodent is fascinating. It only takes a few minutes at most. We then leave them in the tank for at least an hour to make sure they are finished or you can make them bring the rodents back up if you handle them too soon after eating. Then just take them out, put them back in their vivarium and then don't handle them for 24 hours so they can fully digest in peace. The only time we don't handle/feed is if their eyes are cloudy as that is a signal that they are about to shed so they need to be left in peace. Likewise, don't handle them for 48 hours after they have shed as dirty human hands can have some negative effects on the new skin.

Mrs Windows doesn't mind them. She just finds them boring. Same with the spider, she isn't remotely scared, just not interested. When I used to travel with work she would feed them happily though. She is from the heartlands of Canada so more interested in bears and "proper" animals as she would call them. You can literally buy 10 packs of mice/rats from a freezer at the the local garden centre. Vacuum packed for premium freshness! We keep them in the fridge in the utility which is only for snake food and my beer.

The spider eats crickets but sometimes she is not arsed and the cricket lives happily in the tank with her for days before she can be bothered to kill and eat it. She'll occasionally molt as well which is amusing as you find a lovely fully formed spider skin in the tank. She has only once flicked her hairs at us which is a sign they are distressed but other than that she is docile. Very occasionally she will rear her front legs up which is a "leave me alone" sign but they are just giving you a warning. If you try and pick her up at that point, she may well bite but it would be our fault for ignoring her. That has probably only happened about 3 times and we must have had her about 8 years now. Other than that, you can either pick her up and she will just eventually settle in your hand. Best way to do it is to lay your hand flat and just tap her on the butt and she'll wander forward and you can pick her up.

We also have two dogs, a rabbit, a fish and some chicken as well. Might start marketing the house as a petting zoo and see if I can fool gullible people into paying an entrance fee.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:41 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

I don't mind Pee Jay. I'm sure everyone else is fascinated, they are just too shy to ask.....

How's your thimble collection coming along?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:43 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

How's your thimble collection coming along?

The thimble collection is good, just need a drum kit now.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 18 of 20 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19, 20  Next