The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBO

5 posters

Go down

WBO Empty WBO

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 13 Dec 2020, 7:29 am

the WBO president has just been on Twitter basically saying Joshua needs to fight his mandatory next, which we all know is Usyk. Would the WBO really strip AJ if he fights fury and really risk not having their name attached to AJ v Fury? Not to mention the fees they would receive?

Thoughts?

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

WBO Empty Re: WBO

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Sun 13 Dec 2020, 8:49 am

Of course they would they wouldn't have to share sanctioning fees then would they ??

Don't forget when Tyson...Douglas and Holy reigned supreme....The WBO had Francesco Damiani...Mercer...Hide and Bentt types.

All about money my friend.

Nice to hear from you again...Trust you are okay.

TRUSSMAN66

wheelchair1991 likes this post

Back to top Go down

WBO Empty I’m great thanks Trussy hope you’re ok

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 13 Dec 2020, 9:00 am

TRUSSMAN66 wrote:Of course they would they wouldn't have to share sanctioning fees then would they ??

Don't forget when Tyson...Douglas and Holy reigned supreme....The WBO had Francesco Damiani...Mercer...Hide and Bentt types.

All about money my friend.

Nice to hear from you again...Trust you are okay.

I’m get thanks trussy hope you’re doing well

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 13 Dec 2020, 9:02 pm

I think the WBO president is being a plank. Usyk has only just come to heavyweight. I think he should prove himself a bit more. Let's see him fight a Parker or a Joyce. Then whoever comes through that becomes the mandatory. I don't think Usyk has done enough - 1 victory against serial plodder Del Boy doesn't exactly fill everyone with confidence.

The whole idea behind Joshua vs Fury is for ALL the belts - the 2 best heavies going head to head. Surely the WBO can't be THAT selfish and not let it go ahead? I suppose it all depends on whether Fury has to fight someone else first.

Also, don't all the organisations get their full sanctioning fees for a unification fight? It's not like there won't be enough money going round...

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by wheelchair1991 Sun 13 Dec 2020, 9:23 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:I think the WBO president is being a plank. Usyk has only just come to heavyweight. I think he should prove himself a bit more. Let's see him fight a Parker or a Joyce. Then whoever comes through that becomes the mandatory. I don't think Usyk has done enough - 1 victory against serial plodder Del Boy doesn't exactly fill everyone with confidence.

The whole idea behind Joshua vs Fury is for ALL the belts - the 2 best heavies going head to head. Surely the WBO can't be THAT selfish and not let it go ahead? I suppose it all depends on whether Fury has to fight someone else first.

Also, don't all the organisations get their full sanctioning fees for a unification fight? It's not like there won't be enough money going round...

Well the WBO have a rule saying that if your champion and move up a division your automatically mandatory, surely in this situation though as you say they can’t be that selfish, but I bet you they will be, this is where boxing is shooting itself in the foot constantly

wheelchair1991

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Sun 13 Dec 2020, 10:41 pm

I totally agree with you - Usyk (by the WBO rules) is the mandatory, but I have no doubt which fight I would prefer to see. Usyk is a technician, and a very good one, but he is NOT exciting at heavyweight. People don't tune in to heavyweight boxing to see a fighter out-fox their opponent and tippety-tap their way to a Unanimous Decision. They want big punches, boxers on the canvas, the thud of a big shot landing.

The WBO need to take a long hard look at themselves if the Joshua-Fury fight is made and they move to strip Joshua. Enough money will make it worthwhile, and this is a HUGE fight - it's also the one the fans want. Joshua-Usyk wouldn't do a 10th of Joshua-Fury.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Mon 14 Dec 2020, 4:49 am

Joshua could fight Usyk in early March. Then have the Tyson Fury fight later. A.J. has maybe six more years left. Tyson Fury maybe wants the fight sooner. He has in the past said he wants to retire after one or two more fights.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Mon 14 Dec 2020, 11:45 am

Not going to fight Usyk before a huge fight with Fury..

Doesn't make sense..

TRUSSMAN66

Mr Bounce and wheelchair1991 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MonkeyMan Thu 17 Dec 2020, 6:57 pm

Usyk will be Joshua's comeback fight after Fury beats him next year I expect

MonkeyMan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content