The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+18
ralphjohn69
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
TM2K
Shotrock
Eyetoldyouso
JAS
Davie
pedro
dynamark
westisbest
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
navyblueshorts
McLaren
super_realist
Soul Requiem
beninho
22 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 24 Dec 2020, 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

8 bronze badges
The problem states, "If I buy two tickets with different numbers" – msinghal Jul 22 '15 at 6:40
Correct. I just wanted to clarify this explicitly, since this apparently causes the confusion in the internet the OP was writing about... – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 7:38
So let me get this right. If I have a 1 in 14 million of chance of winning the lottery, if I buy a further ticket with a different sequence of numbers to the first one for the same draw my chance of winning is slashed to 1 in 7 million? – Rickie Jul 22 '15 at 8:16
Yes, that is correct. – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 8:23

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 09 Jan 2021, 2:05 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.
Must be? Not so sure. Maybe, but it was only the one day in the end. Think more likely to do w/ increasing non-adherence in general and new variant.

Probably comes down to how much faith you have that people didn't spend Christmas together.  People were told Christmas was fine on a number of days building up. The fact they were then told Christmas isn't fine, alas, wouldn't negate what they'd been told all along. People got together because the govt said they could.  I know soneobe who's family got together, and I now know soneone covid positive .

This new varient was known about when they were still letting people think Christmas would be fine. Everyone knows the Christmas plan was an attempt to garner support and was never a good idea. Mixed messages again.
Too many people are deliberately playing ignorant - if they got together for more than one day, in contravention of even the late change, I have no sympathy and it's no excuse. It really isn't.

Mixed message my arse. The basics haven't changed from day 1 - don't make journeys that aren't necessary, don't socialise for the sake of it, wash hands, keep your distance etc etc. There's also zero excuse for saying that one doesn't know what the 'message' is on any one day - all the info is on the UKG websites and a simple Google search will get you there if you don't know. There's no excuse for not checking that advice before simply doing something and then saying "Oh, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.".
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

BlueCoverman and TM2K like this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 09 Jan 2021, 2:07 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Depends what you class as meet up?

You know full well what the question meant.
So, that's a 'yes' then.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 2:47 pm

beninho wrote:Let me know your definition and I'll answer your question.

It's not a difficult question.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:37 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.
Must be? Not so sure. Maybe, but it was only the one day in the end. Think more likely to do w/ increasing non-adherence in general and new variant.

Probably comes down to how much faith you have that people didn't spend Christmas together.  People were told Christmas was fine on a number of days building up. The fact they were then told Christmas isn't fine, alas, wouldn't negate what they'd been told all along. People got together because the govt said they could.  I know soneobe who's family got together, and I now know soneone covid positive .

This new varient was known about when they were still letting people think Christmas would be fine. Everyone knows the Christmas plan was an attempt to garner support and was never a good idea. Mixed messages again.
Too many people are deliberately playing ignorant - if they got together for more than one day, in contravention of even the late change, I have no sympathy and it's no excuse. It really isn't.

Mixed message my arse. The basics haven't changed from day 1 - don't make journeys that aren't necessary, don't socialise for the sake of it, wash hands, keep your distance etc etc. There's also zero excuse for saying that one doesn't know what the 'message' is on any one day - all the info is on the UKG websites and a simple Google search will get you there if you don't know. There's no excuse for not checking that advice before simply doing something and then saying "Oh, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.".

You aren't stupid enough to think its changed the same since day 1? The incentives to go out to resteraunts, the clips telling people to get back into the office and get on the trains. Alas my job being linked to Boris even advised a lot of people to go into the office.


beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:38 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Let me know your definition and I'll answer your question.

It's not a difficult question.

Then just fricking clarify it then. Its a vague question.


Last edited by beninho on Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:40 pm

If you don't wish to answer that's fine.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:40 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:If you don't wish to answer that's fine.

I dont know what the question is. Define what you mean.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:41 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Depends what you class as meet up?

You know full well what the question meant.
So, that's a 'yes' then.

Its a, no idea what he means by meet up.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:44 pm

You don't know what meet up means? Erm

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:46 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:You don't know what meet up means? Erm

Inside? Outside? At work? In a park? In the shop? Planned? Not planned? For Christmas Dinner? For a drink? In what context would you like to know?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:47 pm

And how far back over Christmas?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:50 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:You don't know what meet up means? Erm

Inside? Outside? At work? In a park? In the shop? Planned? Not planned? For Christmas Dinner? For a drink? In what context would you like to know?

Ahhh bless you won't answer.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:51 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:You don't know what meet up means? Erm

Inside? Outside? At work? In a park? In the shop? Planned? Not planned? For Christmas Dinner? For a drink? In what context would you like to know?

Ahhh bless you won't answer.

Seems neither will you.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:53 pm

It's a very general question and isn't that complicated.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:55 pm

Any of the above Ben😉

westisbest

Posts : 7751
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 3:57 pm

4th December went to an outdoor christmas Market and met my sisters and dad. Nearer christmas my dad came to my house twice and stood on the doorstep exchanged presents for the rest of my family, as he was staying with one of my sisters.
On christmas eve I met my sister in the car park of the hospital where she was having cancer treatment. We chatted for about 15mins.
I was at work and met a number of people on the 22nd 23rd and 30th.


beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 4:12 pm

beninho wrote:Do you want to know how many sh*ts or wa*nks i had aswell?

That wasn't so difficult now was it?

Presumably you didn't meet people inside because you possess your own free will and there is your answer.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 4:27 pm

Common sense is a political point now.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 4:57 pm

https://twitter.com/nadhimzahawi/status/1347926359767732237?s=19

Over a 1000 deaths, its a great day for the government. Hope you are also celebrating SR2.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:46 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.
Must be? Not so sure. Maybe, but it was only the one day in the end. Think more likely to do w/ increasing non-adherence in general and new variant.

Probably comes down to how much faith you have that people didn't spend Christmas together.  People were told Christmas was fine on a number of days building up. The fact they were then told Christmas isn't fine, alas, wouldn't negate what they'd been told all along. People got together because the govt said they could.  I know soneobe who's family got together, and I now know soneone covid positive .

This new varient was known about when they were still letting people think Christmas would be fine. Everyone knows the Christmas plan was an attempt to garner support and was never a good idea. Mixed messages again.
Too many people are deliberately playing ignorant - if they got together for more than one day, in contravention of even the late change, I have no sympathy and it's no excuse. It really isn't.

Mixed message my arse. The basics haven't changed from day 1 - don't make journeys that aren't necessary, don't socialise for the sake of it, wash hands, keep your distance etc etc. There's also zero excuse for saying that one doesn't know what the 'message' is on any one day - all the info is on the UKG websites and a simple Google search will get you there if you don't know. There's no excuse for not checking that advice before simply doing something and then saying "Oh, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.".

You aren't stupid enough to think its changed the same since day 1? The incentives to go out to resteraunts, the clips telling people to get back into the office and get on the trains. Alas my job being linked to Boris even advised a lot of people to go into the office.

Jesus H Christ. Read! The basics haven't changed - what is it about that, which you don't appreciate? Even the 'eat out to help out' - did anyone have to go out? No. I don't recall anyone saying "get on the trains". Take some personal responsibility, just for once.

You and I won't agree on this; it's plain. Everything is the Government's fault in your view. Let's leave it at that.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:48 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Depends what you class as meet up?

You know full well what the question meant.
So, that's a 'yes' then.

Its a, no idea what he means by meet up.
No. Don't lie. It's avoidance of the obvious, for the obvious reason that you know well (and now, so do we) that you've disregarded the guidance over Christmas. If it wasn't as I've just stated it, you'd quite happily say you adhered to the guidance.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:56 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Depends what you class as meet up?

You know full well what the question meant.
So, that's a 'yes' then.

Its a, no idea what he means by meet up.
No. Don't lie. It's avoidance of the obvious, for the obvious reason that you know well (and now, so do we) that you've disregarded the guidance over Christmas. If it wasn't as I've just stated it, you'd quite happily say you adhered to the guidance.

Not a lie, if you get asked a vague question. You try and clarify, thats what I did. Did I breach any guidance. Honestly no idea. Do I particularly care, not really.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:56 pm

You care when there's a political point to be made from it though?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:57 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:1300 plus today. This must be linked to the Christmas is fine knock yourselves out guys message that was played for a while.
Must be? Not so sure. Maybe, but it was only the one day in the end. Think more likely to do w/ increasing non-adherence in general and new variant.

Probably comes down to how much faith you have that people didn't spend Christmas together.  People were told Christmas was fine on a number of days building up. The fact they were then told Christmas isn't fine, alas, wouldn't negate what they'd been told all along. People got together because the govt said they could.  I know soneobe who's family got together, and I now know soneone covid positive .

This new varient was known about when they were still letting people think Christmas would be fine. Everyone knows the Christmas plan was an attempt to garner support and was never a good idea. Mixed messages again.
Too many people are deliberately playing ignorant - if they got together for more than one day, in contravention of even the late change, I have no sympathy and it's no excuse. It really isn't.

Mixed message my arse. The basics haven't changed from day 1 - don't make journeys that aren't necessary, don't socialise for the sake of it, wash hands, keep your distance etc etc. There's also zero excuse for saying that one doesn't know what the 'message' is on any one day - all the info is on the UKG websites and a simple Google search will get you there if you don't know. There's no excuse for not checking that advice before simply doing something and then saying "Oh, I didn't know I wasn't allowed to do that.".

You aren't stupid enough to think its changed the same since day 1? The incentives to go out to resteraunts, the clips telling people to get back into the office and get on the trains. Alas my job being linked to Boris even advised a lot of people to go into the office.

Jesus H Christ. Read! The basics haven't changed - what is it about that, which you don't appreciate? Even the 'eat out to help out' - did anyone have to go out? No. I don't recall anyone saying "get on the trains". Take some personal responsibility, just for once.

You and I won't agree on this; it's plain. Everything is the Government's fault in your view. Let's leave it at that.

I dont think I've said everything is the governments fault though. People are idiots, no denying that.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:58 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:You care when there's a political point to be made from it though?

That may be what you think.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 5:59 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:You care when there's a political point to be made from it though?

That may be what you think.

It's reality, you'll try and weasel out of that with some childish comments.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 6:03 pm

No, you think I care about making a point. I do it, but do I actually care?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 09 Jan 2021, 6:08 pm

Yes you do hence your constant comments on the subject but when your own hypocrisy is highlighted you revert to this 'I don't care' rubbish.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 6:26 pm

I'll tell you one thing I care about is a stonking 4-1 win for the chairboys. Great result.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 09 Jan 2021, 6:32 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Yes you do hence your constant comments on the subject but when your own hypocrisy is highlighted you revert to this 'I don't care' rubbish.

Hypocrisy?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sat 09 Jan 2021, 10:14 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Depends what you class as meet up?

You know full well what the question meant.
So, that's a 'yes' then.

Its a, no idea what he means by meet up.
No. Don't lie. It's avoidance of the obvious, for the obvious reason that you know well (and now, so do we) that you've disregarded the guidance over Christmas. If it wasn't as I've just stated it, you'd quite happily say you adhered to the guidance.

Not a lie, if you get asked a vague question. You try and clarify, thats what I did. Did I breach any guidance. Honestly no idea. Do I particularly care, not really.
Quite. Not surprised.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 10 Jan 2021, 7:06 am

My sister is a journalist and she told me that the overnight change in tiers/restrictions on the weekend immediately before Christmas wasn’t the big shock and surprising revelation that warranted immediate action to the government as they led us to believe...apparently they’d known about the new mutated Covid the Friday before that and waited a week before acting to allow the MPs to return to their constituencies in time for Christmas. Heard Hancock on the radio being questioned about when he first heard of this new, more aggressive strain and he maintained it was within the last 48 hours almost in a boastful manner as if he was proud of how efficient and decisive they were in acting so quickly.
The host then played him a clip of him talking the Friday before about a new variant being discovered!!
The vast majority haven’t an ounce shame between them with the transparent, blatant lies they feed the public or how inept and incompetent they’ve been on a consistent basis...but he’s as bad as anyone.

TM2K

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 43
Location : London

westisbest likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 8:29 am

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/uk-visa-free-work-musicians-eu-brexit-b1784600.html

Imagine being a brexit voter, knowing it would have an impact on the music industry.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 8:30 am

I have a hell of a lot more loathing for this government over brexit then I do over covid.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 10 Jan 2021, 11:50 am

Agree that people are largely to blame, been massively irresponsible and probably the biggest cause of this latest wave with some pretty reckless and selfish behaviour that’s become much more frequent every week and in disturbingly large numbers...suspect there’ll be several reasons that’ve contributed to so many getting sloppy and lackadaisical about sticking to the rules such as complacency creeping in after so long or the double standards those in positions of power have shown that flaunt the rules. Plus the imbeciles out there who’d be influenced by all the two Bob, Z-list celebrity hypocrites in The Sun every day!!

TM2K

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 10 Jan 2021, 12:26 pm

beninho wrote:I have a hell of a lot more loathing for this government over brexit then I do over covid.

They’re capable of embarrassing themselves at virtually anything so at least they’ve mastered the art consistency

I don’t think it’d be particularly fair, so try to not, be too harsh on judging the handling of something like we’ve seen the last year as it’s completely unprecedented and constantly evolving from one week to the next and the science improves our understanding of things....anybody could forgive there being hiccups along the way you’d hope, but what’s inexcusable to me is the endless lying deceitful way they go about everything in an attempt to cover their own backsides

TM2K

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 10 Jan 2021, 12:37 pm

The only person who’s seemed like they could instil any level of confidence in you is Rishi. Not a great surprise given he previously worked in the private sector

TM2K

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 43
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 10 Jan 2021, 2:13 pm

TM2K wrote:The only person who’s seemed like they could instil any level of confidence in you is Rishi. Not a great surprise given he previously worked in the private sector
Shame. You were doing so well before this.
The private sector are such exemplars of good behaviour aren't they? Especially the finance sector in which Sunak works. Good grief.

One of the cleverest(?) things the right/private sector have ever done is embed the lie that: private = good, public = bad. Utter nonsense, but the sheeple just lap it up.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 2:52 pm

https://twitter.com/grantshapps/status/1334543848333332482?s=19 this one hasn't aged well.

And Rishi Sunak, a hard brexiteer. I dont think he's come out smelling any better then the rest. Wasn't it leaked he was against stricter restrictions. And wasn't he pushing to bring any support down, and not helped millions of self employed or contractors?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 10 Jan 2021, 3:48 pm

What would you have done as Chancellor then Ben?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by TM2K Sun 10 Jan 2021, 4:02 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
TM2K wrote:The only person who’s seemed like they could instil any level of confidence in you is Rishi. Not a great surprise given he previously worked in the private sector
Shame. You were doing so well before this.
The private sector are such exemplars of good behaviour aren't they? Especially the finance sector in which Sunak works. Good grief.

One of the cleverest(?) things the right/private sector have ever done is embed the lie that: private = good, public = bad. Utter nonsense, but the sheeple just lap it up.

Not meant as an endorsement of the exemplary conduct of the private sector, nor the morals and ethics of those that work in it...let alone in somewhere as corrupt and morally bankrupt as the murky world of investment banking at the likes of Goldman Sachs!!
It was more his ability to perform under significant pressure unlike the lifelong politicians who’ve spent their whole lives cocooned from the real world and are still an abject failure who’re a total embarrassment. Even when they’re hoofed for making a mess of things all that happens is they’re shifted to another cushy number to do it all again.


TM2K

Posts : 128
Join date : 2011-07-27
Age : 43
Location : London

navyblueshorts likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 4:06 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:What would you have done as Chancellor then Ben?

Probably not have ended applications to the furlough scheme and tried to replace it with a lower scheme. Also Probably woukd have taken on board the issues with the contractors. I was pleased with the increase in LHA rates, but think I would also have removed the benefit cap or increased it, as it then doesn't work with the increase in lha, and just makes more areas unaffordable for the people impacted in a pandemic, especially rough sleepers, who councils are housing more than before.


beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 4:07 pm

Also, wouldn't have gotten into a pi$$in contest with Manchester.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 10 Jan 2021, 4:32 pm

beninho wrote:Also, wouldn't have gotten into a pi$$in contest with Manchester.

You actually mean they should have given in to the demands of a Labour mayor just because.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 4:40 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Also, wouldn't have gotten into a pi$$in contest with Manchester.

You actually mean they should have given in to the demands of a Labour mayor just because.

They made it political. They offered less because it was Burnham. They then offered more anyway. So why get in the contest anyway.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 10 Jan 2021, 5:15 pm

Burnham made it political and his actions no doubt cost many lives.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 5:46 pm

How many lives?

I'm going against my own advice of not getting into a pi$$in contest.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 10 Jan 2021, 5:54 pm

Who knows but his actions certainly didn't reduce deaths.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 10 Jan 2021, 5:55 pm

Though, just to clarify. You don't think the elected Labour mayor of Manchester should have stood to get the best support for his area, which had been under restrictions, longer then anywhere else in the country?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 10 Jan 2021, 6:02 pm

Not at the expense of increasing cases in his area but I'm assuming that by being Labour that makes it ok?

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5574
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 5 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum