The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 24 Dec 2020, 6:46 pm

First topic message reminder :

8 bronze badges
The problem states, "If I buy two tickets with different numbers" – msinghal Jul 22 '15 at 6:40
Correct. I just wanted to clarify this explicitly, since this apparently causes the confusion in the internet the OP was writing about... – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 7:38
So let me get this right. If I have a 1 in 14 million of chance of winning the lottery, if I buy a further ticket with a different sequence of numbers to the first one for the same draw my chance of winning is slashed to 1 in 7 million? – Rickie Jul 22 '15 at 8:16
Yes, that is correct. – Bernhard Jul 22 '15 at 8:23

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Jan 2021, 8:42 pm

beninho wrote:Vaccine obe done. Let bill Gates into my veins!

Damn that Gates and his microchip that affects people's ability to type properly.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 19964
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Thu 21 Jan 2021, 11:52 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Navy

As I said. People vote for mad/idiotic reasons.
That's not what I said. Please go back and read it again. Who're you to say that the reasons someone voted for someone like Trump weren't valid for them and, after all, he was the GOP candidate - who else are they going to vote for if they generally believe in GOP policies? As I said, people have priorities and yours might not match those of others.
Ditto re. Johnson and the Tories.

I'm not sure you will, but you have to accept that just because someone votes for an individual/party you deem to be beyond the pale, it does not mean they're somehow evil or dumb. If so many can't accept that people have perfectly valid reasons for voting differently to oneself and that doing so doesn't make them Beelzebub, there's no hope.

Read my post assuming I understood yours. You will get my point.

McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16351
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 22 Jan 2021, 10:03 am

McLaren wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
McLaren wrote:Navy

As I said. People vote for mad/idiotic reasons.
That's not what I said. Please go back and read it again. Who're you to say that the reasons someone voted for someone like Trump weren't valid for them and, after all, he was the GOP candidate - who else are they going to vote for if they generally believe in GOP policies? As I said, people have priorities and yours might not match those of others.
Ditto re. Johnson and the Tories.

I'm not sure you will, but you have to accept that just because someone votes for an individual/party you deem to be beyond the pale, it does not mean they're somehow evil or dumb. If so many can't accept that people have perfectly valid reasons for voting differently to oneself and that doing so doesn't make them Beelzebub, there's no hope.

Read my post assuming I understood yours. You will get my point.

I don't think you did understand my post. Either that, or you deliberately ignored the points I was making in order to state that you think people are idiots, simply because you don't agree w/ their voting preferences. If you frail to grasp that, you're just contributing to the problems in political discourse at the moment. You can take comfort in the fact you're not alone w/ that blind spot though.


Last edited by navyblueshorts on Fri 22 Jan 2021, 11:16 am; edited 1 time in total
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Jan 2021, 10:20 am

Just because people may think they have a valid reason to vote for something, doesn't mean other people have to think its a valid reason to vote for it. If someone is making the most out off FOM. But someone voted brexit due to not liking fom, is understandable to think that person is an idiot.

An idiot, is Roger Daltrey. Votes brexit, says nothing to do with rock n roll, then signs a letter because he doesn't like the changes after brexit.

Some of the businesses, and the seafood ones especially. Voted brexit, now not happy. I have sone sympathy, dont mean they aren't idiots.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 22 Jan 2021, 10:23 am

So an idiot is someone who has different opinion to you? Bizarre.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Jan 2021, 10:34 am

Soul Requiem wrote:So an idiot is someone who has different opinion to you? Bizarre.

Can be. Its it depends on different circumstances. I've listed a couple.


A guy taking his kid to nursery while showing covid symptoms is an idiot. I wouldn't do that.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 22 Jan 2021, 11:13 am

beninho wrote:Just because people may think they have a valid reason to vote for something, doesn't mean other people have to think its a valid reason to vote for it. If someone is making the most out off FOM. But someone voted brexit due to not liking fom, is understandable to think that person is an idiot.

An idiot, is Roger Daltrey. Votes brexit, says nothing to do with rock n roll, then signs a letter because he doesn't like the changes after brexit.

Some of the businesses, and the seafood ones especially. Voted brexit, now not happy. I have sone sympathy, dont mean they aren't idiots.
No. It's logical to think that this other person may have had higher priorities than benefitting from freedom of movement for voting out. Or they may simply have misunderstood and/or been duped, but that's not necessarily their fault. You don't get it, do you? Simply calling those that voted differently to you (and, perhaps more importantly, 'won' when you 'lost') is ignorant and perpetuates the issues we now face re. political discourse and finding any agreeable solutions. What you (and Mac etc) do w/ your opinions, is entrench dislike in those that voted differently from you. Not great.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 22 Jan 2021, 11:21 am

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:So an idiot is someone who has different opinion to you? Bizarre.

Can be. Its it depends on different circumstances. I've listed a couple.  


A guy taking his kid to nursery while showing covid symptoms is an idiot. I wouldn't do that.
Simplistic. Again. Said guy may be confused by UKG messaging (but you ignore than even though you beat on UKG over Covid). Said guy might not notice symptoms as kids don't show them very much. Said guy might be single parent w/ no childcare, self-employed, mortgage etc to pay and food to buy for said kid. Etc.
You wouldn't do it because you're righteous and it's clear that anyone who differs from your view, on anything, is fair game for being called an idiot. Not that constructive really.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Jan 2021, 11:37 am

I strongly think this guy, as its at the nursery down the road is an idiot.

I think people are idiots. Not everyone, but some are. Sone probably think I am. Thats life.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Jan 2021, 11:54 am

What about the anti vax and anti covid nutters who go and demonstrate. Or even the BLMers that did. Are they idiots?


beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 22 Jan 2021, 12:13 pm

Context does matter, you do realise that?

In your example of the so called idiotic father, we don't know the full context so it's impossible to form an opinion, when did the symptoms start, does he have a pre existing health condition etc. without knowing that you cannot assume he's in the wrong.

Context with demonstrators also matters, the anti vax and anti covid bunch are rightly on the whole labelled nutters and idiots, they have formed opinions based on no scientific evidence whatsoever and are exasperating the situation. That is not to say they're all idiots because there may be mental health issues behind it.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Jan 2021, 12:39 pm

Of course context Matters, I've said that. But, we all make snap decisions and judgements on things.

I tip my hat, to whoever can keep living in a non judgemental bubble.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 22 Jan 2021, 12:58 pm

beninho wrote:What about the anti vax and anti covid nutters who go and demonstrate. Or even the BLMers that did. Are they idiots?

You could call some of them idiots and some might even merit it. However, there's nuance you don't seem to want to consider and also the fact that simply calling them idiots entrenches their position, rather than making them think that they might be in the wrong.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 22 Jan 2021, 12:59 pm

beninho wrote:Of course context Matters, I've said that. But, we all make snap decisions and judgements on things.

I tip my hat, to whoever can keep living in a non judgemental bubble.
Fair point; we all do it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Jan 2021, 1:18 pm

Guy pulling his golf trolley in front of the green. When you are waiting to play. Idiot, who thinks about his knowledge of golf etiquette.

Didn't repair divot or pitch marks idiot!

Didn't rake the bunker. Idiot!

Missed a putt fa££ot.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 22 Jan 2021, 3:09 pm

Navy

I have neve come across any good reason to vote for Trump. Would you care to set me straight?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16351
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri 22 Jan 2021, 3:12 pm

Also please explain how pretending that people who voted for Trump and Brexit didn't do it for idiotic reasons would help anyone?

If I go around mollycoddling there ego's will they suddenly start voting like rational human beings?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16351
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Fri 22 Jan 2021, 8:26 pm

McLaren wrote:Navy

I have neve come across any good reason to vote for Trump. Would you care to set me straight?
Think; for goodness' sake, think. Did you not read what I wrote? Or understand it? Or do you understand it, but choose to ignore it, safe in the knowledge that you're infallible?

An example: someone in, say, Ohio or Pennsylvania, who used to have a job in the steel industry hasn't had a steady job for an age and isn't 'educated'. Trump tells him that he'll return steel making to those regions and bring the jobs back. Man thinks that Trump has some significant flaws, but his priority is a job so he can earn money/support family/whatever and is desperate enough to actually believe Trump, especially as jobs and industry in his area has continued to decline w/ more 'typical' Presidents. Man votes for Trump.

Is that clear enough for you? Do you understand?

McLaren wrote:Also please explain how pretending that people who voted for Trump and Brexit didn't do it for idiotic reasons would help anyone?

If I go around mollycoddling there ego's will they suddenly start voting like rational human beings?
Good grief. Again, did you not read? Or did you read and ignore, knowing that you're correct and no-one else's opinion has any worth? By all means call people idiots, but don't come running to me when those you insult refuse to listen to you. Presumably, you want those to come around to your point of view re. various issues? You have no chance of that if you simply say: 'You didn't vote/agree w/ me, therefore you're an idiot and irredeemable.' I'm amazed that you either don't get this and/or don't care.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat 23 Jan 2021, 10:32 am

Its all pretty simple. Some people may have valid views to vote for trump or brexit. If someone can give an arguable reason and accept that its on them if it doesn't pan out, fine.

Some people will be just generally stupid, and have no real views, dont like foreigners or just follow a herd. Some of this will be idiots.

I still have no found anyone who can give a decent reason for ending FOM and all that's linked to it.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Sat 23 Jan 2021, 6:36 pm

Also, Hatton, McIlroy and Fleetwood should provide an exciting final round. Although if golf has taught me anything. Lipsky will win this thing.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16351
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 24 Jan 2021, 1:28 pm

https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1353111191678316545?s=19

The war on woke...maybe if they keep pushing this, people may forget the deaths or the brexit nonsense And, it is and will continue to work.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 Jan 2021, 9:06 pm

McLaren wrote:Also, Hatton, McIlroy and Fleetwood should provide an exciting final round. Although if golf has taught me anything. Lipsky will win this thing.
That aged well. Excellent win for Hatton.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Sun 24 Jan 2021, 9:16 pm

beninho wrote:https://twitter.com/christopherhope/status/1353111191678316545?s=19

The war on woke...maybe if they keep pushing this, people may forget the deaths or the brexit nonsense  And, it is and will continue to work.
BS. Entirely right that VC and GC winners might be considered for street names; not sure why you have an issue w/ that. I'm sure GB Olympics winners have streets named after them and I'm not sure they're even close to being more deserving than VC/GC winners. As for Birmingham's proposed street names, up to them I guess, but pretty scheisse; almost enough, tbh, to ensure I wouldn't buy a house on one of those streets Wink.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 24 Jan 2021, 10:09 pm

Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 24 Jan 2021, 10:30 pm

beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.

Offended again.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 24 Jan 2021, 10:36 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.

Offended again.

Again, nope.

Just, think its ridiculous this war on woke nonsense. Same as the statue sh*t. Now, I get, its to sort if think you love, and get all jiggy over. Thats why they are doing it. But, its so bloody petty.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun 24 Jan 2021, 10:41 pm

Just to clarify, again, just because I raise something or it may annoy me. It doesn't mean I'm offended. And, just because I can see how or why someone may be offended it doesn't mean I am.

I really can't recall the last time I was actually offended.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 24 Jan 2021, 10:44 pm

You might need to rewrite that in actual English.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 25 Jan 2021, 10:52 am

I can't read the article about the street names because I don't have a Telegraph subscription. Can anyone summarize it for me?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16351
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:20 pm

beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.
It's quite reasonable to explain why someone gets a street named after them. Amazed you don't see that, but then you're simply looking for a rise. Poor effort...
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:21 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.

Offended again.

Again, nope.  

Just, think its ridiculous this war on woke nonsense. Same as the statue sh*t.  Now, I get, its to sort if think you love, and get all jiggy over. Thats why they are doing it. But, its so bloody petty.
I don't. End of debate.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:25 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.

Offended again.

Again, nope.  

Just, think its ridiculous this war on woke nonsense. Same as the statue sh*t.  Now, I get, its to sort if think you love, and get all jiggy over. Thats why they are doing it. But, its so bloody petty.
I don't. End of debate.

Yeah, you are the sort that they pander to with this war on woke nonsense and virtue signalling crap. You use them both regularly as done weird term to belittle. Oh you are woke or you are virtue signalling. Its so strange, but each to their own. I find it very weird.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:28 pm

navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.
It's quite reasonable to explain why someone gets a street named after them. Amazed you don't see that, but then you're simply looking for a rise. Poor effort...

I have no issues with naming a street after anyone you want, as I said. Its just the war on woke bit that is crazy. Humanity street doesn't bother me, Billy bremner way doesn't bother me either. Getting Way in Uxbridge doesn't bother. Name the street, its got nothing to do with woke.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:32 pm

Whereas you're the type they pander to with this woke nonsense and virtue signalling crap.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:37 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:Whereas you're the type they pander to with this woke nonsense and virtue signalling crap.

Are you not woke?

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:38 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Whereas you're the type they pander to with this woke nonsense and virtue signalling crap.

Are you not woke?

Definitely not.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:38 pm

In fact, surely everyone is woke.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:42 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Whereas you're the type they pander to with this woke nonsense and virtue signalling crap.

Are you not woke?

Definitely not.

So, you are not aware of any issue regarding racial or social justice kn the world? Or are you oblivious?

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:46 pm

That isn't what woke means Ben, being alert means you actively seek out these situations rather than being aware of them.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:53 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:That isn't what woke means Ben, being alert means you actively seek out these situations rather than being aware of them.

It, means being awake to sensitive issues. You can twist it, or use it as a term of derision. But, if you are not awake or aware of injustices in the world, then I woukd be surprised. If you are aware, you are woke, in its true meaning. The fact people have twisted and distorted it to make people think of it as something else is the biggest problem.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:56 pm

https://inews.co.uk/news/uk/woke-what-mean-meaning-origins-term-definition-culture-387962

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 Jan 2021, 12:56 pm

I know you don't have a great grasp of the English language but being woke refers specifically to being alert to social injustices which means you seek them out. I'm aware of them but on the whole I have more important things to worry about, you can carry on however getting upset that not everyone agrees with your woke stance. You can try twisting the meaning of things yourself but it won't hold i'm afraid.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 1:09 pm

You are just as woke as me, it seems. Embrace it. There's nowt wrong with being aware of injustices.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Mon 25 Jan 2021, 1:13 pm

If you're going to attempt to WUM at least try doing it well.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 3905
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 1:17 pm

We are basically the same. I'm aware of injustices aswell. I dont do anything about them. I dont seek them out either. Two sides of tge same coin me and you sr2 on the woke section.

Woke is for all.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 25 Jan 2021, 2:27 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.

Offended again.

Again, nope.  

Just, think its ridiculous this war on woke nonsense. Same as the statue sh*t.  Now, I get, its to sort if think you love, and get all jiggy over. Thats why they are doing it. But, its so bloody petty.
I don't. End of debate.

Yeah, you are the sort that they pander to with this war on woke nonsense and virtue signalling crap. You use them both regularly as done weird term to belittle. Oh you are woke or you are virtue signalling. Its so strange, but each to their own.  I find it very weird.
They aren't pandering to me. I made my own mind up. I think the woke virtue signalling (see what I did there?) is infantilising what are important issues. I find the failure to acknowledge that those that might accept a premise are being alienated, weird.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 25 Jan 2021, 2:29 pm

beninho wrote:
navyblueshorts wrote:
beninho wrote:Name a street whatever you want. Some are named after old footballers or grounds or links to the area in another way. Call it humanity or equality name it after award winners.

Don't dress it up as a war in woke. Its pathetic and stupid.
It's quite reasonable to explain why someone gets a street named after them. Amazed you don't see that, but then you're simply looking for a rise. Poor effort...

I have no issues with naming a street after anyone you want, as I said. Its just the war on woke bit that is crazy. Humanity street doesn't bother me, Billy bremner way doesn't bother me either. Getting Way in Uxbridge doesn't bother.  Name the street,  its got nothing to do with woke.
Except, those suggestions for Birmingham are just that. Else why choose those specific words at this specific time in history? You and I both know it.
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by navyblueshorts Mon 25 Jan 2021, 2:32 pm

beninho wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:That isn't what woke means Ben, being alert means you actively seek out these situations rather than being aware of them.

It, means being awake to sensitive issues. You can twist it, or use it as a term of derision. But, if you are not awake or aware of injustices in the world, then I woukd be surprised. If you are aware, you are woke, in its  true meaning. The fact people have twisted and distorted it to make people think of it as something else is the biggest problem.
I'm afraid it's been twisted, Ben. Not unusual that the zealots for a particular issue do as much harm for their cause as they do good. For me, the term (whatever it meant originally) is associated w/ an aggressive, in my face, "I'm right and you're a I play with my 2inch cock!" attitude. I'm not listening any more, so what good have they done?
navyblueshorts
navyblueshorts
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 10218
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : Off with the pixies...

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Mon 25 Jan 2021, 2:42 pm

I think striving to be woke should be a given for everyone. Being an extremist for anything shouldn't. Woke isnt a dirty word.

beninho

Posts : 5786
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Mon 25 Jan 2021, 2:55 pm

Isn't saying things like "war on woke" or using SJW as a derogatory term just dog whistles for being against progressive goals?

As Ben said, it is really just about noticing and desiring that something be done about common injustices like racism or sexism.

To me it is clear what people are against when the use anti woke language.

It's not like those who are bothered by woke are just bothered by the methods and language of the "woke brigade" because the anti woke are not campaigning for or seem to care about tacking these injustices in another way.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16351
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 8 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 21 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 21  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum