The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

+20
Soul Requiem
owen10ozzy
ralphjohn69
Plunky
TM2K
beninho
Davie
LadyPutt
Shotrock
superflyweight
robopz
pedro
Good Golly I'm Olly
I'm never wrong
BlueCoverman
GPB
navyblueshorts
JAS
super_realist
McLaren
24 posters

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by McLaren Thu 03 Dec 2020, 8:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

GPB

Either that or the players are just really good. Wink
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down


PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by McLaren Wed 22 Dec 2021, 1:17 pm

super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:
super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:Never said that.


You said something those lines, either marbles, tiddlywinks or something along such sedentary lines

(Parapharsing) What I said if there was a worldwide ELITE compeition of skillful participants that involves hand-eye coordination, the winner is probably is athletic.  With a little training, he could pick up skills to play sports on a "non-hacker" level.

AKAIK, there is no ELITE World Class competition of marbles or tiddlywinks

IMO, playing golf at a World Class level is mostly skill and those players are athletes, even if they are borderline obese.  Non-optimal BMI does not disqualify anyone from being ahtlete and having a optimal BMI does not automatically make someone an athlete,

As usual, you take my comments out of context.  FWIW, Reading Comprehension is skill, albeit not an athletic skill.

Yes, there are World Championships for these things. Doesnt make them athletes. Is a Chess Grandmaster an athlete?

Is a runner an athlete?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16928
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by super_realist Wed 22 Dec 2021, 1:30 pm

McLaren wrote:
super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:
super_realist wrote:
GPB wrote:Never said that.


You said something those lines, either marbles, tiddlywinks or something along such sedentary lines

(Parapharsing) What I said if there was a worldwide ELITE compeition of skillful participants that involves hand-eye coordination, the winner is probably is athletic.  With a little training, he could pick up skills to play sports on a "non-hacker" level.

AKAIK, there is no ELITE World Class competition of marbles or tiddlywinks

IMO, playing golf at a World Class level is mostly skill and those players are athletes, even if they are borderline obese.  Non-optimal BMI does not disqualify anyone from being ahtlete and having a optimal BMI does not automatically make someone an athlete,

As usual, you take my comments out of context.  FWIW, Reading Comprehension is skill, albeit not an athletic skill.

Yes, there are World Championships for these things. Doesnt make them athletes. Is a Chess Grandmaster an athlete?

Is a runner an athlete?

Without question

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by GPB Wed 22 Dec 2021, 6:06 pm

"...Is a runner an athlete?..."

IMO, Not necessarily.  Elite Runners can be uncoordinated klutzes.  That DQ'sthem from being athletes.

Again, IMO, Running is an instinctual activity for humans.  Healthy and Normal Kids don't need to be coached to run.  They can do it competently without coaching.  maybe not world class but competently

On the other, kids don't immediately play skill based sports competently without some sort of instruction or coaching.


Last edited by GPB on Wed 22 Dec 2021, 6:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

GPB

Posts : 7283
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by GPB Wed 22 Dec 2021, 6:09 pm

super_realist wrote:
Yes, there are World Championships for these things. Doesnt make them athletes. Is a Chess Grandmaster an athlete?

There you go again. Out of context. But that is who you are and that is what you do. Your reading comprehension is terrible.

I even Capitalized and Bolded the key word. And you still missed it. Good job. I wouldn't expect anything less from you.

GPB

Posts : 7283
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by GPB Sat 25 Dec 2021, 3:33 pm

Perhaps I was wrong about Running.  According to this picture, Running was invented in 1748, and it is not an instinct.  I am shocked!

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Runnin10

GPB

Posts : 7283
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

pedro and incontinentia like this post

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by pedro Sun 26 Dec 2021, 12:12 am

s_r is full of BS, just because he likes running and thinks he’s cool. I bet he’s the the one who was selected last at school when playing football.

pedro

Posts : 7240
Join date : 2011-01-27

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Dec 2021, 6:38 am

pedro wrote:s_r is full of BS, just because he likes running and thinks he’s cool. I bet he’s the the one who was selected last at school when playing football.

I was actually pretty good at football too.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by super_realist Tue 28 Dec 2021, 6:42 am

GPB wrote:"...Is a runner an athlete?..."

IMO, Not necessarily.  Elite Runners can be uncoordinated klutzes.  That DQ'sthem  from being athletes.

Again, IMO, Running is an instinctual activity for humans.  Healthy and Normal Kids don't need to be coached to run.  They can do it competently without coaching.  maybe not world class but competently

On the other, kids don't immediately play skill based sports competently without some sort of instruction or coaching.

Being an athlete doesnt mean you are coordinated.
You could have suoerb hand eye skills, but still be a poor athlete.

I get that you are probavly a fat old man who has never run in his ljfe, but technique is simlly the application of learned skills.
Just because its something you know nlthing about, doesnt mean it isnt skilled. For example it takes skill to maintain 180 steps per minite to optimise the gait.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by GPB Tue 28 Dec 2021, 1:51 pm

LOL, "Fat Old Man".

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 EF4UbN6XkAEm611

Why can't you focus on the debate without resorting to ad hominem attacks. But that is who you are and it is what you do.

IMO, Coordination is an essential part of Athletism. I don't consider people that can't walk and chew gum at the same time to be athletes

GPB

Posts : 7283
Join date : 2012-02-10
Location : Midwest, USA

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by I'm never wrong Mon 17 Jan 2022, 3:12 pm

Play off hole at the Sony Open. Hideki hits a 277 yard shot to 3 feet. Deserved to win after that.

I'm never wrong

Posts : 2767
Join date : 2011-05-26
Location : Just up the road, and turn right at the lights.

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Mon 17 Jan 2022, 10:12 pm

Hideki seems to have really taken that Masters win and propelled himself forward to one of the elite players again (after a little slump post win, probably enjoying it!).
Had been nearly four years since his last win pre Augusta, he’s now won twice since and has gone close at the Olympics and in a WGC.

Wouldn’t be shocked to see him contend at another major this year
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49577
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Back to top Go down

PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020 - Page 21 Empty Re: PGATour Running Commentary - Aug 2020

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 21 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum