The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
Hibbz
Galted
superflyweight
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
Pal Joey
12 posters

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:01 pm

First topic message reminder :

Quickest thread split since December '63. Great work Frankie.


Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu Feb 11, 2021 8:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : It never ends, lost... it never ends.)
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51714
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down


Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Pal Joey wrote:but it would look sh!t in my opinion.

Is there any other opinion?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:11 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:but it would look sh!t in my opinion.

Is there any other opinion?

General Consensus.

Have been in similar situations to that girl when working in Vietnam. We had to present our designs to a panel of unsmiling officials - M.A.S.D. or the HCMC People's Committee and its Departments. Think Politburo types all seated around a very long desk in a function room of a hotel overlooking the American Embassy gates below. Lots of glasses, cans of fizzy drink, biscuits, flowers down the middle of the table.

We used to joke in the taxi on the way there. The boss had designed the Water Cube for Beijing; so we started (even though it was for a series of high rise buildings) with images of terraced rice paddies (with a peasant bent over working hard in the foreground naturally) and did the usual BS on "water and life". Then the next slide was the Water Cube and some more BS about "containment". The room was pretty much silent. All the drink bottles were still unopened. Biscuits untouched.

Then our proposal - which may or may not have had some connection to the previous slides. We must have said or done something right. Hints of smiles began to emerge. Then one guy (the big boss?) who wasn't smiling at all; got up and with a staccato burst of Tiếng Việt (which went on for about 5 minutes) started pointed at things on our plans and carrying on as if we were guilty of serious crimes against the state.

When the verbal dust had settled, the lovely lady translator then stood up. What he is saying, Mr ___ , is where does one park the motorbikes? We had them down in the basement car park but these guys like parking them right near the front door. No problem we said. Then people started opening up the bottles and chomping away on biscuits and fruit.

Anyway, to cut a long story short, we got that one plus won several other competitions. The only one we lost was to Albert Speer's grandson. Ironically, this massive project was for Russian interests on a heavily oil-contaminated site on the banks of the Saigon River.


Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51714
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 17, 2021 1:16 pm

I have to say I was shocked when I read Galted's earlier post.
£95?! London prices are outrageous!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:01 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Can or can't be arsed, rIck?

I got annoyed watching a Spanish TV series called The Pier... or El Embarcadero as it is known in Spain. Here's a short teaser...

High-profile architect Alexandra faces her worst nightmare when she gets a call from local cop Conrado to identify her husband Oscar's body, found on a pier in the beautiful Albufera landscape outside Valencia. Suicide? How can it be when they had made plans for their future just hours ago? But it only gets worse: Oscar had been leading a double-life....

What p!ssed me off was when, right at the start, Alex wins a €311 million commission to design a high-rise tower in China. Judging by the model they kept showing (it looked ugly and cheap!) nobody in their right mind would have paid that much. She later dramatically 'revises' the plans and the new design looks like a series of vegetables on a skewer with some bok choy hanging off it at random levels.

It would have taken all of 3 minutes (if that) to scribble up. When she takes the sketches to the billionaire client (who was not Chinese btw) he is swept away by it all. No questions asked. "Where do I sign?" he says... well he actually says something like: "¿Dónde firmo?"

All I thought was: just wait until the structural engineer sees it. Not to mention the HVAC (heating, ventilation, air-con) consultants. It would almost be impossible to build even with some major changes to the 'aesthetic'. It could be done... but it would look sh!t in my opinion.

Oh and wind studies. One of the things I do is perform simulations to see how much the architects hate pedestrians and want to get their revenge on windy days. Occasionally I even get to find out how much they hate structural engineers by challenging them to keep the facades on buildings on windy days. (Might be linked to the former, as falling bits of buildings are, after all, an effective means of dealing with pedestrians.)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed Feb 17, 2021 2:49 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Can or can't be arsed, rIck?

I got annoyed watching a Spanish TV series called The Pier... or El Embarcadero as it is known in Spain. Here's a short teaser...

High-profile architect Alexandra faces her worst nightmare when she gets a call from local cop Conrado to identify her husband Oscar's body, found on a pier in the beautiful Albufera landscape outside Valencia. Suicide? How can it be when they had made plans for their future just hours ago? But it only gets worse: Oscar had been leading a double-life....

What p!ssed me off was when, right at the start, Alex wins a €311 million commission to design a high-rise tower in China. Judging by the model they kept showing (it looked ugly and cheap!) nobody in their right mind would have paid that much. She later dramatically 'revises' the plans and the new design looks like a series of vegetables on a skewer with some bok choy hanging off it at random levels.

It would have taken all of 3 minutes (if that) to scribble up. When she takes the sketches to the billionaire client (who was not Chinese btw) he is swept away by it all. No questions asked. "Where do I sign?" he says... well he actually says something like: "¿Dónde firmo?"

All I thought was: just wait until the structural engineer sees it. Not to mention the HVAC (heating, ventilation, air-con) consultants. It would almost be impossible to build even with some major changes to the 'aesthetic'. It could be done... but it would look sh!t in my opinion.

Oh and wind studies. One of the things I do is perform simulations to see how much the architects hate pedestrians and want to get their revenge on windy days. Occasionally I even get to find out how much they hate structural engineers by challenging them to keep the facades on buildings on windy days. (Might be linked to the former, as falling bits of buildings are, after all, an effective means of dealing with pedestrians.)

Nearly got squashed by a falling panel in Notting Hill some years back. It was during the unusual 'hurricane' event in March '90 I think it was. People were warned to stay indoors but I was silly enough to slip out for some fast food. I heard a whirring sound amongst the gale and this curtain wall panel shattered on the footpath just in front of me. Some old guy (homeless?) lying against a shopfront said to me: "You are one lucky person!"
Yeah, facade technology has come a long way since then . This was an international style window panel from the 60s which simply popped out... the wind pressure must have been quite off the scales that day.

Actually, it was in January. A lot of trees were flattened across the UK and Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns%27_Day_Storm
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51714
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Wed Feb 17, 2021 3:24 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Can or can't be arsed, rIck?

I got annoyed watching a Spanish TV series called The Pier... or El Embarcadero as it is known in Spain. Here's a short teaser...

High-profile architect Alexandra faces her worst nightmare when she gets a call from local cop Conrado to identify her husband Oscar's body, found on a pier in the beautiful Albufera landscape outside Valencia. Suicide? How can it be when they had made plans for their future just hours ago? But it only gets worse: Oscar had been leading a double-life....

What p!ssed me off was when, right at the start, Alex wins a €311 million commission to design a high-rise tower in China. Judging by the model they kept showing (it looked ugly and cheap!) nobody in their right mind would have paid that much. She later dramatically 'revises' the plans and the new design looks like a series of vegetables on a skewer with some bok choy hanging off it at random levels.

It would have taken all of 3 minutes (if that) to scribble up. When she takes the sketches to the billionaire client (who was not Chinese btw) he is swept away by it all. No questions asked. "Where do I sign?" he says... well he actually says something like: "¿Dónde firmo?"

All I thought was: just wait until the structural engineer sees it. Not to mention the HVAC (heating, ventilation, air-con) consultants. It would almost be impossible to build even with some major changes to the 'aesthetic'. It could be done... but it would look sh!t in my opinion.

Oh and wind studies. One of the things I do is perform simulations to see how much the architects hate pedestrians and want to get their revenge on windy days. Occasionally I even get to find out how much they hate structural engineers by challenging them to keep the facades on buildings on windy days. (Might be linked to the former, as falling bits of buildings are, after all, an effective means of dealing with pedestrians.)

Nearly got squashed by a falling panel in Notting Hill some years back. It was during the unusual 'hurricane' event in March '90 I think it was. People were warned to stay indoors but I was silly enough to slip out for some fast food. I heard a whirring sound amongst the gale and this curtain wall panel shattered on the footpath just in front of me. Some old guy (homeless?) lying against a shopfront said to me: "You are one lucky person!"
Yeah, facade technology has come a long way since then . This was an international style window panel from the 60s which simply popped out... the wind pressure must have been quite off the scales that day.

Actually, it was in January. A lot of trees were flattened across the UK and Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burns%27_Day_Storm

I remember that one. Final year at Southampton Uni and doing a project with a company on the Isle of White which meant I was frequently travelling across the Solent. Going to Cowes post storm there was only one boat still at the moorings, full of water to the gunnels but still there. It happened to be the same kind of boat as my parents had

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:24 pm

I'm not Rush Limbaugh, which is probably obvious as I'm not a c*nt.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:54 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Rush Limbaugh, which is probably obvious as I'm not a c*nt.

So it could still be me?

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24032
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 32
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:57 pm

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:£500 that took a few weeks to get, and a sense of anti-climax.

Sounds like my sex life.

I once spunked* £95 on a brass in Shoreditch after a marathon drinking session with my housemate.  After humping away on what appeared to be a rickety hospital bed she asked 'why's it gone soft?"  I was so preoccupied with not falling off (the bed) that I had no idea this had happened and endured the humiliation of unsuccessfully trying to get it hard again while she watched and waited.

Left with my balls full and my wallet lighter.

* pun is accidental

You should put this as your "location" on here. Masterful storytelling.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24032
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 32
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:55 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:£500 that took a few weeks to get, and a sense of anti-climax.

Sounds like my sex life.

I once spunked* £95 on a brass in Shoreditch after a marathon drinking session with my housemate.  After humping away on what appeared to be a rickety hospital bed she asked 'why's it gone soft?"  I was so preoccupied with not falling off (the bed) that I had no idea this had happened and endured the humiliation of unsuccessfully trying to get it hard again while she watched and waited.

Left with my balls full and my wallet lighter.

* pun is accidental

You should put this as your "location" on here. Masterful storytelling.

l*l out louding fist

I would consider that if Bull still frequented the boards.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:29 am

Sicund as in fecund or sicond as in I have no idea

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:56 am

LIW is turning siconding into a niche posting. He's like a specialist number 3 batsman.

Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Feb 18, 2021 10:55 am

Galted wrote:LIW is turning siconding into a niche posting.  He's like a specialist number 3 batsman.


I like to think I am a late order hitter. Looking for quick, cheap runs once the groundwork has been laid by the top order.

Shame that Jules, Superfly and rICk all died on the same day. What are the odds.

Pee Jay isn't dead. He has posted something on the cricket board that I can only aspire to. That level of insightful posting is beyond me.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:07 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:LIW is turning siconding into a niche posting.  He's like a specialist number 3 batsman.


I like to think I am a late order hitter. Looking for quick, cheap runs once the groundwork has been laid by the top order.

Shame that Jules, Superfly and rICk all died on the same day. What are the odds.

Pee Jay isn't dead. He has posted something on the cricket board that I can only aspire to. That level of insightful posting is beyond me.

Thanks Tino. You should see msp's response... then my subsequent retort. What a pompous individual. Notice how he gives a summary of what everyone on that board is watching live? If we wanted a delayed commentary - surely we'd ask for it? Maybe he thinks we're all beneath him? Or not watching?

Someone has to go into bat for you guys. You are far too polite for fear of the twin backlash. I said what I thought at the time (SCG Test) but let those disparaging remarks about the crowd go through to the keeper. So you can imagine what I thought when I saw those fans in Chennai acting like frenzied morons... arms and fists directed at Root, Stokes and Co. Perhaps msp and kp_f are guilty of double standards?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51714
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:15 am

Pal Joey wrote:Perhaps msp and kp_f are guilty of double standards?

That's the issue with them. A heady blend of pomposity and double standards. It really is a special mixture. They are the equivalent of "my dads harder than your dad" then running off with their fingers in their ears so they don't hear the retort.

I ignore them to be honest but much like Superfly/Jules do/did with the lesser Fly/Duty, I admire your perseverance.

We need SerialDAVE back and tell him that MSP and KPF both think SLAYER are sh*t. That would bring it to an end very quickly.


Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:21 am; edited 1 time in total

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:22 am

Pal Joey wrote:I'll forgive your missing full stop in the first sentence. There's still time to edit it.


Your such a grammer nazi,

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:30 am

Yeah. I generally ignore msp's boring diatribes and skim through KP_F's comments purely for entertainment value.

They rip into their own players quite a bit when things aren't going to plan.
(I imagine they think they could do better if they were out there on the field.)

Then when India do well; it's all frothy accolades and contempt for the opposition.

Was that a nice try?
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51714
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Feb 18, 2021 11:54 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:LIW is turning siconding into a niche posting.  He's like a specialist number 3 batsman.


I like to think I am a late order hitter. Looking for quick, cheap runs once the groundwork has been laid by the top order.

Shame that Jules, Superfly and rICk all died on the same day. What are the odds.

Pee Jay isn't dead. He has posted something on the cricket board that I can only aspire to. That level of insightful posting is beyond me.

Rick would be a doughty northern opener who loves nothing better than taking a ball to the teeth on a drizzly morning.  Julius would be a cross between WG Grace and David Gower.  PJ is Mike Hussey.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Feb 18, 2021 1:55 pm

Good afternoon, gentlemen.

Nice cameo from Flipper, always good to see.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12458
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:10 pm

Afternoon, Rick. Good to see that you're less dead than Julius and Super.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:20 pm

I try, supes.

Don't suppose you know roughly when to plant indoor chill seeds do you?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12458
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:46 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I try, supes.

Don't suppose you know roughly when to plant indoor chill seeds do you?

I think you mean 'Galted' and 'chilli', although I quite like the idea of 'chill seeds'.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Feb 18, 2021 3:51 pm

Afternoon, Julius. Good to see that you're less dead than yourself and Super.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu Feb 18, 2021 4:35 pm

I try, supes

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:12 pm

l*l out loud
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Feb 19, 2021 7:12 am

I can only offer apologies Galts, twas a busy day yesterday, and I am getting old.

I am not life on Mars, fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12458
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:12 am

Tird, pending LIW's sicund.

No worries, Rick. It was a good set-up post for Julius to keep us all enthralled with his mischief.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:16 am

How is your weekend looking, Galts? Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12458
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:24 am

Old fashioned sicond-ish.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:42 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:49 am

Nice, hope it all goes swimmingly dear boy.

No idea what Bumble Nums are but I am sure they are thrilling.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12458
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:53 am

It's a badly-drawn and generally monumentally Poopie cartoon he's somehow discovered. There are about 220 episodes and playlists on Youtube and I normally have to scroll through the f*cking lot while he makes his choice and then go through the whole ordeal again about 5 minutes later.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:59 am

Get him on Teen Titans Go!

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12458
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am

Not familiar with that but will have to let him find it on his own as he's not keen on suggestions from me. Our Russian half hour where Galtova tries to show him cartoons from the communist era is normally quite entertaining.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:08 am

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.

Are you high risk Galted?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:17 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.

Are you high risk Galted?

No, was a mystery to me why I've been selected. I can only assume that they've got my personal details wrong like that chap whose height was apparently recorded as 6cm given him a BMI off the scale.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:20 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.

Are you high risk Galted?

Only to prostitutes in Shoreditch.

Morning all.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:25 am

Bit of a top-order collapse to get Tino's swashbuckling entrance this early.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:28 am

Galted wrote:Bit of a top-order collapse to get Tino's swashbuckling entrance this early.

Didn't even have my box in, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:32 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:Bit of a top-order collapse to get Tino's swashbuckling entrance this early.

Didn't even have my box in, Galted.

Didn't help having to reshuffle the order after LIW did a Phil Hughes.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:23 am

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.

Should just beat you to it, Galted. Mine's booked for this afternoon. All a bit odd. I'm early 60s - I try to make out I'm even older and therefore wiser to some of the juveniles on the cricket threads, so please keep that to yourselves - and thought they were only doing over 65s atm. Anyway, a local pal a year younger than me and also in fair to middling to good health got an invite last week. I therefore called my surgery yesterday to check the score and they booked me in there and then over the phone.

Decent excuse to slump around even more than usual this evening. Good film on the box tonight for those of us in the UK. Stan & Ollie, BBC 1 at 8:25. Strange time but I'm not complaining. Charts the duo's struggling latter days. Cracking performances from Coogan and Reilly in the lead roles. I forget the wives - don't we all?! - but they were top notch too.

guildfordbat

Posts : 14978
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:36 am

guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.

Should just beat you to it, Galted. Mine's booked for this afternoon. All a bit odd. I'm early 60s - I try to make out I'm even older and therefore wiser to some of the juveniles on the cricket threads, so please keep that to yourselves - and thought they were only doing over 65s atm. Anyway, a local pal a year younger than me and also in fair to middling to good health got an invite last week. I therefore called my surgery yesterday to check the score and they booked me in there and then over the phone.

Decent excuse to slump around even more than usual this evening. Good film on the box tonight for those of us in the UK. Stan & Ollie, BBC 1 at 8:25. Strange time but I'm not complaining. Charts the duo's struggling latter days. Cracking performances from Coogan and Reilly in the lead roles. I forget the wives - don't we all?! - but they were top notch too.

I'm getting a bit worried about why I've got the invite now. Maybe the surgery know something they're not telling me.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13685
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri Feb 19, 2021 11:42 am

Galted - just don't agree to go on a diet for 6cm tall people.

guildfordbat

Posts : 14978
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:08 pm

Did anyone else hear that rick is going to post a quiz for old times' sake?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20607
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:18 pm

I'm not dead - I just spent a couple of days staring out to sea and trying to forget the unrelenting bleakness of Galted's story about his daliance with a sex worker.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7626
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:00 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'm not dead - I just spent a couple of days staring out to sea and trying to forget the unrelenting bleakness of Galted's story about his daliance with a sex worker.  

It's like a Cormac McCarthy novel.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19291
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri Feb 19, 2021 1:20 pm

Galted wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:How is your weekend looking, Galts?  Mine is working out if it is a good time to plant chili seeds, and playing meals on wheels.

Sounds positively crazy compared to mine.  I'll probably spend a good few hours with the remote control switching between whatever episodes of Bumble Nums are likely to stop Jr lobbing toys around the room.

I've booked my Covid jab for next week so that's something to be excited about.  Have only just hit 50 but life hasn't wasted any time rubbing it in.

Should just beat you to it, Galted. Mine's booked for this afternoon. All a bit odd. I'm early 60s - I try to make out I'm even older and therefore wiser to some of the juveniles on the cricket threads, so please keep that to yourselves - and thought they were only doing over 65s atm. Anyway, a local pal a year younger than me and also in fair to middling to good health got an invite last week. I therefore called my surgery yesterday to check the score and they booked me in there and then over the phone.

Decent excuse to slump around even more than usual this evening. Good film on the box tonight for those of us in the UK. Stan & Ollie, BBC 1 at 8:25. Strange time but I'm not complaining. Charts the duo's struggling latter days. Cracking performances from Coogan and Reilly in the lead roles. I forget the wives - don't we all?! - but they were top notch too.

I'm getting a bit worried about why I've got the invite now.  Maybe the surgery know something they're not telling me.

Probably read your post on Wednesday and planning to give you a penicillin booster at the same time.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7626
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:19 pm

My jab is booked for next week (Very early 50's but technically a 'carer' which gets me up the list a bit). Having a day off so leaving the siconding to the subs.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11643
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:06 pm

Jab went fine. All very well organised.

Nurse said to me, ''Just a little prick.'' Didn't realise that would be on my medical records.

guildfordbat

Posts : 14978
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri Feb 19, 2021 8:30 pm

That's great news, Guildford. Let us know if there are any side effects.

Nice morning here. I'm just about to leave and replace a broken garden hose nozzle across town. Or at least try and determine what's causing the uneven spray and water trickling problem. I'm sure it's nothing I can't fix with the help of Skippy.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51714
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 5 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12 ... 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum