The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back

3 posters

Go down

Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back Empty Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back

Post by ONETWO2020 Fri 12 Feb 2021, 4:24 pm

After his comprehensive loss to Lindon Arthur I've found myself for the first time doubting this guy's potential. Am I alone? Sure he looks the part but with a physique like that he could do without the Mayweather type technique. Just at wanted to get people's overall thoughts on him

ONETWO2020

Back to top Go down

Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back Empty Re: Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back

Post by Derek Smalls Sun 14 Feb 2021, 12:47 am

Ah, interesting boxer.And good to see that ya still at it,Onetwo.
Having watched the Kovalev scrap, and the Arthur one,I would say that as he may have flattered to deceive in the first.
Kov was there for the taking,as Yard's management knew as they were kicking themselves with frustration that Yard came so close to getting the big scalp.
It was forgivable that his success in rocking Kov was so quickly reversed and he lost a few rounds later by tko.
He seemed to be having his ideal "trenches" fight to school him into learning the basics, a 'no shame to lose it'fight.I dare say he said words to the effect of "I'm you g,still learning, will come back stronger ".
What I saw against Artur,was somebody who seemed to have gone backwards. For had should have got that decision.
He didn't circle away from the jab,and although I thought it actually very close,I thought that the judges would give it to him. Anyway, I thought he fought an not particularly clever fight, in fact a lazy fight, showing no ability to read the fight and not making the necessary adjustments.

Plus the Dubois /Joyce fight had just happened, and of course it was an object lesson in what a jab can do .

I think that he was maybe implying superior ability to Artur in his body language, but he's no Ray Leonard who could bamboozle a judge by sheer charisma.He's not even a Haye whom he has some similarity with in his gym honed physique but aversion to the hard yards of roadwork.
He mostly reminded me of Chris Eubank junior in that he seemed to think that a good skillset makes a good boxer.Nope.It requires the enthusiasm for every aspect including training-which is why an under the radar guy like Warrington got where is (was?!)
I wish Yarde all the best and its admirable that he went abroad and did things differently. I just hope that he doesn't think that he can be a superstar like Mayweather without the hard work that Mayweather put in.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back Empty Re: Anthony Yards...have you lost faith? And I'm back

Post by ONETWO2020 Sun 14 Feb 2021, 10:29 am

I look at yarde and think a fighter with that build coupled with a Tysonesq seek and destroy style would scare a lot of fighters. His current style hides his formidable physical advantages by adopting the Mayweather stance so to speak and that parry jab of his is useless. This kid needs to reach potential and he won't with his trainer

ONETWO2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 14 Feb 2021, 12:57 pm

Avoid the boxers and can be in some fan friendly fights

Does need to work on getting past a jab

Maybe go up to cruiserweight?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWO2020 Sun 14 Feb 2021, 1:17 pm

You think he beats buatsi?

ONETWO2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 14 Feb 2021, 2:43 pm

Still haven’t seen a Buatsi fight so really wouldn’t like to comment. Need to see him in a big fight don’t we? Craig Richards entered the mix with his last performance too so the British light heavyweight scene looks exciting

Some classic British contests that need to be put down on film we’ve been waiting long enough don’t you think now is the time to start fighting each other?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWO2020 Sun 14 Feb 2021, 2:54 pm

Buatsi has been tested tho in his last fight he was hurt a bit but came through. Lindon might be a good outside bet as nobody else posses a jab like his so effective and as we have seen recently it's still the best tool in the box.

I just really want yarde to leave Tunde and give himself a chance. At this point I see buatsi and Richards beating him

ONETWO2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 14 Feb 2021, 3:06 pm

Yeah you can’t help wondering what he might do with a really decent coach, keep Tunde as the manager/guru

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWO2020 Sun 14 Feb 2021, 3:11 pm

Tunde can scream "lion in de camp" but that's about it. I'm sorry but Kov was there to be taken but Yarde was gassed and Arthur just jabbed his way to a win. Tunde had no answers Yarde needs to jump ship if he's serious.

ONETWO2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Herman Jaeger Sun 14 Feb 2021, 3:52 pm

Very good fight his fight with Arthur for a fight with such little action

How did you score it?

Herman Jaeger

Back to top Go down

Post by ONETWO2020 Sun 14 Feb 2021, 3:55 pm

It was a close fight but edged toward Arthur. Yarde defo won the last round but it wasn't a 10-8 which is what he was hedging his bets on.

ONETWO2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Thu 18 Feb 2021, 5:58 pm

When I said Yarde should have got the decision, I meant  that he threw away the opportunity to win ,I think that the decision was the right one. But couldn't argue too much should Yarde have won.He was more the aggressor, and that's what some judges go for innit?It strikes me right now that without a crowds noise at the moments of danger,the judges are less able to potentially get swayed by the energy in the arena.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down