The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
ShahenshahG
lostinwales
Pal Joey
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
12 posters

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Infin / itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 04 May 2021, 12:11 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Morning, Jules, good weekend?

Today I learned that the word "momfluencer" is becoming a thing, mumsnet has a lot to answer for...

Mrs Windows bought some cook book called "Pinch of Nom" which sounds like it came straight from Mumsnet. F*cking stupid name. I've never actually opened it but the very sight of it irritates me intensely. I'm going to set fire to it one day.

I can pretty much guarantee she has never cooked a single thing from it either.

Is it the first Pinch of Nom or Pinch of Nom:Quick and Easy or Pinch of Nom:Everyday Light?
Asking for a friend.

You can tell your friend that it is the first Pinch of Nom.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 6 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 04 May 2021, 12:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Morning, Jules, good weekend?

Today I learned that the word "momfluencer" is becoming a thing, mumsnet has a lot to answer for...

Mrs Windows bought some cook book called "Pinch of Nom" which sounds like it came straight from Mumsnet. F*cking stupid name. I've never actually opened it but the very sight of it irritates me intensely. I'm going to set fire to it one day.

I can pretty much guarantee she has never cooked a single thing from it either.

Is it the first Pinch of Nom or Pinch of Nom:Quick and Easy or Pinch of Nom:Everyday Light?
Asking for a friend.

You can tell your friend that it is the first Pinch of Nom.

Excellent. That's one Christmas present sorted.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 04 May 2021, 6:19 pm

I just hate the idea of 'slimming' recipes. It infers that normal food is somehow bad for you and at the very least you should not enjoy it unless it is 'special'.

There is also the related cult b0llox which is all about how you are a failure if the recipes do not work for you.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 8:50 am

My missus is on weight watchers for whatever f**king reason, though i actually don't mind it as I have learned quite a few cool new recipes and ways of cooking, and as it's generally about portion control, which is not an issue for me, I have quite enjoyed it.

Who knew you could make pizza from flour and yogurt...

Fist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 8:55 am

I had custard creams for breakfast. Sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 9:02 am

Solid biscuit choice.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 9:14 am

Aren't all biscuits solid?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 9:15 am

Yes

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 9:25 am

Wafers aren't very solid.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 9:44 am

I prefer a flan.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 May 2021, 9:49 am

Portuguese tart for me.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 05 May 2021, 10:06 am

Making bread is a thing for me, so have been making pizzas for the family almost every Saturday for the last year.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 10:07 am

superflyweight wrote:I prefer a flan.  

I don't let anyone talk to me the way you just did - not my staff, not my boss, no one - certainly not you.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 10:08 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I prefer a flan.  

I don't let anyone talk to me the way you just did - not my staff, not my boss, no one - certainly not you.

Your Swindon lot are little slugs.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 10:11 am

lostinwales wrote:Making bread is a thing for me, so have been making pizzas for the family almost every Saturday for the last year.

Same here, only we make pizzas every Friday.  I like you more and more, LIW (though not in a Tino grooming way).

Galted's Wednesday cooking tip is that you should use plenty of rice flour on the rolling surface, that way you can get it so thin and crispy that there's a good chance of a piece of the crust flying off and blinding you when you bite into it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 10:12 am

This is an ex-parrot.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 10:25 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:This is an ex-parrot.

Which, ironically, is actually also a quote from the Office.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 10:30 am

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:This is an ex-parrot.

Which, ironically, is actually also a quote from the Office.  

Last night I shot an elephant in my pajamas...

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 10:41 am

100g Self Raising flour, 100g 0 fat Greek yogurt = pizza

Nice.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 10:47 am

I think that Rick's being held captive and is trying to get our attention.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 May 2021, 10:50 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:100g Self Raising flour, 100g 0 fat Greek yogurt = pizza

Nice.

Dominos = pizza.

Bender.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 11:01 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:100g Self Raising flour, 100g 0 fat Greek yogurt = pizza

Nice.

Dominos = pizza.

Bender.

Leave him alone, he's one of the goodfellas.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 11:01 am

If I had put: Self raising flour O fat yogurt... Sorted

it would be SOS but i'm good, covid changes you, man....

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 11:04 am

Just coming back to normal for a bit.

Can anyone explain the point of Sour Dough bread, my mum is obsessed, she gives me a big f**ing loaf of the stuff every time is see her, which costs about 4 quid and feels like something Shah would use to beat infidels to death with.

I have yet to find an application of it which isn't better done by a normal loaf of bread, or, at a push, a cut up slice of crusty bread.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 11:08 am

I had sourdough pizza yesterday. It was a frozen one, bought from a supermarket - the second best approach to pizza, after (as Tino rightly pointed out) Dominos.
I quite enjoyed it.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 11:15 am

I think that the point of sourdough is that it's made using a reusable starter which can be kept and nurtured, like a little pet. Probably a hipster thing.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 11:28 am

I can understand that bit, but why buy the f**king thing at 4 times the price from the local hipster bakery?

My mum currently resides in the mid-lands, so that may explain it.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 May 2021, 11:29 am

Think I read somewhere it's better for the gut... easier to absorb the nutrients. Also heard we're not really meant to eat too much grain. That's more for the birds apparently. A bit late now. Anyway, I'm not going to get into a flap over my bread eating habits.

My Mum's the same. Always giving me expensive loaves of bread to take home.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 05 May 2021, 11:32 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:Just coming back to normal for a bit.

Can anyone explain the point of Sour Dough bread, my mum is obsessed, she gives me a big f**ing loaf of the stuff  every time is see her, which costs about 4 quid and feels like something Shah would use to beat infidels to death with.

I have yet to find an application of it which isn't better done by a normal loaf of bread, or, at a push, a cut up slice of crusty bread.

When its done well it can be a thing of wonder, and I have been making sourdough long enough that I can barely eat other kinds. Like everything else it is very variable but a good baker (like Flour Water Salt for you Truss fans, or Trove in Manchester) is a wonderful thing. The slightly acid taste and depth of flavour. It is also usually much more digestible than standard bread (and worth a try for people who claim to be gluten intolerant.)

There are some major failings that people make when they try to make the stuff at home though, and one of the biggest is making all wholemeal loaves that are worthy, too dry, and would be better for use in building applications. Another is the 'artisan' style with big bubbles that allow all the molten butter to drip out when you use it for toast.

Anyway rant over. I have been making my own bread for around 20 years, make around 3-4 loaves a week (plus pizzas) and buy flour by the 16kg sack.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 11:36 am

I am happy to try the thing, but barring dipping in soup, it doesn't seem to do much for me and I feel I am missing the point.

Which, apparently, I am. So all good.

People are queuing for 25 minutes to pay 4 quid for a loaf and it baffles me.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 May 2021, 11:38 am

What sort of oven do you use to bake the bread, lost? Just a normal convection type or have you built a proper pizza or baker's oven?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 05 May 2021, 11:46 am

Pal Joey wrote:What sort of oven do you use to bake the bread, lost? Just a normal convection type or have you built a proper pizza or baker's oven?

Convection/fan oven for me. The only key thing I think you need is something that gets hot enough, which for me is over 200C. The advantage of the traditional wood fired pizza oven is that it gets very hot  which means the pizzas cook quickly (400C+? I am not an expert on that).

Lots of ways of making bread (and pizzas), you just have to adapt to what you have. Don't listen to anyone who says their way of making it is the only way.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 12:01 pm

I genuinely did not see today's conversation coming.
It's opened the door for Tino to discuss the finer aspects of seamstressing.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 12:26 pm

Every day is a school day on the MSMTS.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 12:45 pm

Anyone see the picture of the Giant Wood Moth they found at some school in Australia? Horrific.

The article in the Guardian didn't say anything about the moth's bread preferences.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 May 2021, 12:59 pm

superflyweight wrote:Anyone see the picture of the Giant Wood Moth they found at some school in Australia?  Horrific.  

The article in the Guardian didn't say anything about the moth's bread preferences.

Yeah, cute isn't it?

Supes... I hate to go on about it but another kid got nipped by a dingo on K'gari (Fraser Island). The fines for feeding them is now $2135 (£1190).

Also a great story about a fisherman who was about 7 miles from the boat ramp when he noticed a tiger snake almost under his foot... next to his tackle box and some old rope.  He managed to edge away from it; call a snake catcher to meet him...and drive the boat back to the ramp. It was only a smallish one but they can kill just as well.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 05 May 2021, 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 1:07 pm

These bloody kids and feeding the dingoes! Did they learn nothing from Meryl Streep in A Cry in the Dark?

I saw the snake in the boat - I'd have jumped into the sea and not gone back!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 05 May 2021, 1:16 pm

It looked very much like the fuel hose with the criss-cross pattern on it. Probably thought it was a 'sheila' snake.
Imagine how pissed off it must have felt when it got no response.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 1:41 pm

The Office, cooking and wildlife. I'm clearly in the wrong place.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 1:43 pm

Jack Whitehall is a c**t is he not?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 05 May 2021, 1:46 pm

Hugh Jackman is a c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 1:55 pm

Will Ferrell is a c*nt.
Hugh Jackman saved my grandmother's life by restarting her heart with just one of his smiles. What a guy!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 05 May 2021, 2:04 pm

Pal Joey wrote:It looked very much like the fuel hose with the criss-cross pattern on it. Probably thought it was a 'sheila' snake.
Imagine how pissed off it must have felt when it got no response.

Maybe it just liked sniffing petrol fumes

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 2:05 pm

Galted is Nick Kamen. I heard it through the grapevine.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 05 May 2021, 2:17 pm

I promised myself I wouldn't cry when Nick Kamen died.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 05 May 2021, 2:30 pm

Probably do his career some good, had completely forgotten the poor bugger existed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 2:31 pm

Galted wrote:Probably do his career some good, had completely forgotten the poor bugger existed.

His career was pants.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 05 May 2021, 2:50 pm

And we are back to normal, good work guys.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 05 May 2021, 5:02 pm

The CC presents the Cumquat Cup, a battle to find who is the biggest Kumquat.

I am undecided on format. Could be a straight knock out - probably neater and easier - or a group format. I do think I’ll stick to no politicians (or no active politicians) and ask people to nominate about 10 choices to me by PM to help with the numbers.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 05 May 2021, 5:07 pm

Hibbz!
Sh!t, no, just Flipper.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 13 ... 20  Next