The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
ShahenshahG
lostinwales
Pal Joey
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
12 posters

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 14 Apr 2021, 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Infin / itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 16 Apr 2021, 4:02 pm

The owner of the Bullring in Brum is literally called Mr Bourgeois.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-56770600

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 19 Apr 2021, 9:18 am

Sh*t on here this week.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Apr 2021, 9:40 am

Sicond - I'm not dead, I was just pining for the days when a holiday from work didn't mean having to look after your kids.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Apr 2021, 10:01 am

It's a shame everyone else is dead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Apr 2021, 10:21 am

Alas Poor Elizabeth 'Julius' Windsor, I knew her well. Finally Gary Lineker will be the King of England

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ShahenshahG Mon 19 Apr 2021, 10:24 am

If that didn't wake anyone up not sure anything will

ShahenshahG

http://www.wwwdotcom.com

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Apr 2021, 11:02 am

The Queen is dead, long live Gary Lineker.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 19 Apr 2021, 11:05 am

I'm not football.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 19 Apr 2021, 11:11 am

Or Jose Mourinho's career.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 19 Apr 2021, 12:01 pm

I'm not unfettered freedom.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Apr 2021, 12:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not football.

That died years ago.

Pretty funny Gary Neville getting all jazzed up about football "losing its soul" as he stands there drawing a salary from the very TV company that has been instrumental in killing that soul.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Apr 2021, 12:33 pm

I am not a Tesla driver/passenger.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 19 Apr 2021, 1:04 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:I am not a Tesla driver/passenger.

I bought 0.04 shares in Tesla after they launched tokens on Binance so I expect to be able to retire some time next week

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 19 Apr 2021, 1:10 pm

Especially if you plug the profits into Dogecoin.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 19 Apr 2021, 1:12 pm

I'm launching footballcoin on Friday.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 19 Apr 2021, 1:16 pm

Definitely died

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 19 Apr 2021, 1:59 pm

The growth on my foot turned out to be non fungible.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Apr 2021, 2:23 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:The growth on my foot turned out to be non fungible.

Was it your leg?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 19 Apr 2021, 4:53 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

Was it your leg?

Well I thought that was funny.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 19 Apr 2021, 5:00 pm

Galted wrote:

Was it your leg?

Well I thought that was funny.

That is all that matters.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 20 Apr 2021, 8:11 am

This football thing is nuts, I have never seen fans of every club, agreeing before.

Fist.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 20 Apr 2021, 8:20 am

Sicond chance

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Apr 2021, 9:07 am

Tird rate.

I hope this ESL goes through, a Premier League without the so-called 'big 6' is too beautiful to contemplate. Imagine a Villa-Newcastle fixture with something riding on it that's not relegation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 20 Apr 2021, 10:02 am

Galted wrote:Tird rate.

I hope this ESL goes through, a Premier League without the so-called 'big 6' is too beautiful to contemplate.  Imagine a Villa-Newcastle fixture with something riding on it that's not relegation.

The difference between 8th and 9th place prize money?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Apr 2021, 11:31 am

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:Tird rate.

I hope this ESL goes through, a Premier League without the so-called 'big 6' is too beautiful to contemplate.  Imagine a Villa-Newcastle fixture with something riding on it that's not relegation.

The difference between 8th and 9th place prize money?  

Haha, given each club's propensity for mediocrity you're probably right.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Apr 2021, 11:40 am

I'm not Walter Mondale.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Walter Mondale.

I served with Walter Mondale. I knew Walter Mondale. Walter Mondale was a friend of mine. Senator, you are Walter Mondale.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:26 pm

Sh*t on here today.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:35 pm

I can spark it into life with some interesting film chat.

Finally got round to watching Tenet. It's alright - nothing to get too worked up about either way. Not sure why people got confused by it considering how often (like Inception) the characters explain what's happening.

Dark (brilliant German series on Netflix) handles the time travel / relativity concept much better.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:I can spark it into life with some interesting film chat.  

Finally got round to watching Tenet.  It's alright - nothing to get too worked up about either way.  Not sure why people got confused by it considering how often (like Inception) the characters explain what's happening.  

Dark (brilliant German series on Netflix) handles the time travel / relativity concept much better.  

I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron on Sunday. I think Dolph was generous having it near the bottom of his list. It should have been relegated. What a disturbingly awful pile of sh*te. Utter b*llocks.

I am planning on watching Train to Busan Peninsula tonight or tomorrow though. I know you said it isn't a patch on the first film but it won't be as awful as Age of Ultron.

Last edited by Mind the windows Tino. on Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Missed the letter 's' What a illy ausge)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:45 pm

superflyweight wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Walter Mondale.

I served with Walter Mondale. I knew Walter Mondale. Walter Mondale was a friend of mine. Senator, you are Walter Mondale.

LOL out loud

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 20 Apr 2021, 2:58 pm

superflyweight wrote:I can spark it into life with some interesting film chat.  

Finally got round to watching Tenet.  It's alright - nothing to get too worked up about either way.  Not sure why people got confused by it considering how often (like Inception) the characters explain what's happening.  

I watched Avengers: Age of Ultron on Sunday. I think Dolph was generous having it near the bottom of his list. It should have been relegated. What a disturbingly awful pile of sh*te. Utter b*llocks.

I am planning on watching Train to Busan Peninsula tonight or tomorrow though. I know you said it isn't a patch on the first film but it won't be as awful as Age of Ultron.

When I was off on holiday last week and Mrs Superfly was working 15 - 17 hour days I decided to take advantage of having the telly to myself in the evenings and watch one Avengers film each night with the addition of Civil War and Black Panther. Watched the first one and then got about 10 minutes into Age Of Ultron and remembered how crap it is and spent the rest of the film willing it to end. Then spent the next few nights watching anything else that wasn't Avengers. Eventually watched Civil War (which is still a decent film) last night and will watch Black Panther tonight.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 20 Apr 2021, 3:36 pm

Started watching American Assassin. Didn't finish (terrible - really truly terrible)
Watched love and monsters (funnily enough same lead) Surprisingly OK. Not great but you don't expect it to be so when its OK it feels like a win.
Watched Shadow (on Netflix) Beautiful and bonkers. The beyblades origins bit could be awful but instead looks amazing however crazy it is.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 21 Apr 2021, 8:23 am

Racing to be fist. Like a bat out hell.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 21 Apr 2021, 8:53 am

Siconding Suffering from having to work again. The lazy days of last week seem so long ago.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Apr 2021, 8:56 am

Unseasonably early tird for me.

What a victory for the people last night. Now all the fans of professional teams can go back to being absolutely rinsed by their clubs in the socially acceptable way they were before Sunday.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 21 Apr 2021, 9:10 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Unseasonably early tird for me.

What a victory for the people last night. Now all the fans of professional teams can go back to being absolutely rinsed by their clubs in the socially acceptable way they were before Sunday.

It is all a bit silly, isn't it?  I love the wailing about how football's dead, ruined, sold its soul for profit etc when you can always go and watch your local sh*t team in their local dump of a stadium and get beaten up into the bargain.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 21 Apr 2021, 9:37 am

My local football team is Stockport County. Known as the hatters. I think the nickname comes from hat making traditionally being big business around Stockport, but I think the Alice in Wonderland definition is more appropriate.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Apr 2021, 9:57 am

My local team would be Cambridge Utd who are known, I believe, as the U's.

You'd think a smart town like Cambridge would come up with something better.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:10 am

The Y's would be more appropriate.

I had a fantastic night out in Cambridge once. I can't remember much of it except that we started around lunchtime and it went on well into the night. We stayed at a very nice little B&B before going on a very sobering visit to the American War Memorial the next day.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:27 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : an "a" too many)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:13 am

My local team is Charlton Athletic. I'm also not too far from Millwall and West Ham. That's one of the great things about London, you can live fairly close to many grounds you never visit.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:19 am

Pal Joey wrote: American War Memorial the next day.

Yeah, I've been there many times. Great (?) place to visit. Very moving.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:22 am

Yes, it was a very sad experience. Seeing the extent of all the crosses across the cemetery is something I'll never forget. The peacefulness of the place made it even more profound.

From memory, we ended up at Woburn Abbey later that day. Pretty sure they had some big cats there... some leopards or cheetahs in an enclosure?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:45 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Yes, it was a very sad experience. Seeing the extent of all the crosses across the cemetery is something I'll never forget. The peacefulness of the place made it even more profound.

From memory, we ended up at Woburn Abbey later that day. Pretty sure they had some big cats there... some leopards or cheetahs in an enclosure?

You're probably right. I have been to Woburn Abbey but not for years.

There is a cracking pub in one of the villages round here called The Woodman Inn. There was an American airbase nearby in WWII and the people based there used to frequent the pub a lot. There are some amazing and unique photos and memorabilia all round the pub of WWII images and maps. It is a great place to visit for anyone with even the most fleeting interest in the war. And the food is f*cking ace as well.

If you're ever back over here, PJ, I'll take you there for a warm beer. Although don't tell anyone else as this is in clear contravention of CC rules.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:55 am

... and a chilling example of internet grooming.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 21 Apr 2021, 10:56 am

Galted wrote:My local team is Charlton Athletic.  I'm also not too far from Millwall and West Ham.  That's one of the great things about London, you can live fairly close to many grounds you never visit.

I think under current regulations its a good thing I no longer live in London. I lived (at various times) in Plumstead, Charlton (just around the corner from the football ground, which was fortunately closed at the time), Blackheath and finally in Ladywell where we had a house that I wouldn't have a hope of affording now.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 21 Apr 2021, 11:01 am

Pal Joey wrote:

You're probably right. I have been to Woburn Abbey but not for years.

There is a cracking pub in one of the villages round here called The Woodman Inn. There was an American airbase nearby in WWII and the people based there used to frequent the pub a lot. There are some amazing and unique photos and memorabilia all round the pub of WWII images and maps. It is a great place to visit for anyone with even the most fleeting interest in the war. And the food is f*cking ace as well.

If you're ever back over here, PJ, I'll take you there for a warm beer. Although don't tell anyone else as this is in clear contravention of CC rules.

Wouldn't that be great! No, we won't tell anyone because that would contravene CC rules.
Jules would be down to arrest us (in his carriage racer) before we could say "She wore a raspberry beret.. the kind you'd find in a second hand store."

I often fantasise about being in an English pub on a warm summer's day. I've been watching too many Inspector Morse re-runs. I particularly like those pubs near canals with a mill nearby.

LOL Super.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 21 Apr 2021, 11:04 am; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Apr 2021, 11:01 am

superflyweight wrote:... and a chilling example of internet grooming.  

You're welcome to join us, flower.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 21 Apr 2021, 11:07 am

It would be like a remake of "Withnail and I". Is that film over-rated?

I never quite fully understood what it was all about (fell asleep through parts) but it had an unusually strange and funny vibe to it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 21 Apr 2021, 11:10 am

Pal Joey wrote:It would be like a remake of "Withnail and I". Is that film over-rated?

I never quite fully understood what it was all about (fell asleep through parts) but it had a funny vibe to it.

I haven't watched that for years. I only really remember the Camberwell carrot part. Which to be fair, was pretty damn funny.

There must be a joke starting with "there was an Englishman, Scotsman and Aussie sitting in a pub...."

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11 ... 20  Next