The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
ShahenshahG
lostinwales
Pal Joey
Galted
Dolphin Ziggler
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
12 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:20 am

First topic message reminder :

Infin / itive

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 14, 2021 12:56 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Aye, the AZ one, seems to be more common for feeling crap

Have my second AZ jab tomorrow morning. Didn't feel too bad at all after the first one but know lots of people that did.

At least when I get a duck and my bowling gets decimated I have a ready made and legitimate excuse.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri May 14, 2021 1:50 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Aye, the AZ one, seems to be more common for feeling crap

Have my second AZ jab tomorrow morning. Didn't feel too bad at all after the first one but know lots of people that did.

At least when I get a duck and my bowling gets decimated I have a ready made and legitimate excuse.

A duck is perfectly acceptable if it's a dogged effort made over about an hour and a half which frustrates opponents, spectators and team-mates alike.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri May 14, 2021 3:59 pm

Wondering down the street in Edinburgh and overheard a drunken argument end with one bloke screaming at the other, "yer dads just yer mam in a tracksuit". Hilarious in isolation but even funnier that it's the second time I seen a drunken argument ended with that line in 2021.

Happy Friday.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 14, 2021 4:08 pm

king_carlos wrote:Wondering down the street in Edinburgh and overheard a drunken argument end with one bloke screaming at the other, "yer dads just yer mam in a tracksuit". Hilarious in isolation but even funnier that it's the second time I seen a drunken argument ended with that line in 2021.

Happy Friday.

l*l out loud.

The funniest thing I ever saw in Edinburgh was a guy who had clearly had a few bevvies and he was wandering down away from the castle and some chap was selling hats and scarves on a little market stall. He had a mannequin with some of his work on it. The drunk bloke walked past about 5 yards, stopped and walked back. He then squared up to the mannequin, called it a few names and headbutted it to the floor before calling it another couple of names and walking off down the road.

There is a strong chance it was Superfly but I can't be certain.

Are you playing cricket this weekend, KC?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri May 14, 2021 4:14 pm

king_carlos wrote:Wondering down the street in Edinburgh and overheard a drunken argument end with one bloke screaming at the other, "yer dads just yer mam in a tracksuit". Hilarious in isolation but even funnier that it's the second time I seen a drunken argument ended with that line in 2021.

Happy Friday.

l*l out loud.

The funniest thing I ever saw in Edinburgh was a guy who had clearly had a few bevvies and he was wandering down away from the castle and some chap was selling hats and scarves on a little market stall. He had a mannequin with some of his work on it. The drunk bloke walked past about 5 yards, stopped and walked back. He then squared up to the mannequin, called it a few names and headbutted it to the floor before calling it another couple of names and walking off down the road.

There is a strong chance it was Superfly but I can't be certain.

Are you playing cricket this weekend, KC?

I'm not an angry drunk. There's probably a greater chance that I would try to flirt with the mannequin and then mope off when my advances are ignored.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri May 14, 2021 4:19 pm

Glasgow has more mental cases per square mile than anywhere else on the planet. Last time I was there I got about 20 yards outside Queen Street Station and was confronted by a fat drunk guy wearing the Scotland Squad's official shell suit from the 1990 World Cup without a t-shirt underneath the top and with an oversized pink sombrero on his head. It was 9:30 on a Wednesday morning.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri May 14, 2021 4:25 pm

superflyweight wrote:Glasgow has more mental cases per square mile than anywhere else on the planet.  Last time I was there I got about 20 yards outside Queen Street Station and was confronted by a fat drunk guy wearing the Scotland Squad's official shell suit from the 1990 World Cup without a t-shirt underneath the top and with an oversized pink sombrero on his head.  It was 9:30 on a Wednesday morning.  

l*l

I something vaguely similar in Cork once. Was visiting a friend there and went out early in the morning for a stroll. There was big fat guy, and I'm talking TopHat sized, stood outside a newsagents wearing a pair of knee high boots, no trousers (he had pants on) and a Celtic shirt.

He also had a stereo set up in front of himself and was dancing to the music. The music was in his head though as the stereo wasn't playing anything.

I tried to get his number but he was too busy feeling the beat.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Fri May 14, 2021 4:28 pm

I'm playing tomorrow Tino, yep. Opening the batting and keeping for the first time in a league game in long while. I could really do with some runs as well tbh. The reason I've got the gloves is that our usual keeper has been dropped down a team (fairly harshly IMO as he's a club stalwart and made some handy runs in our friendlies) to make way for an upcoming junior. The coach hasn't said as much but I'm 99% sure it will have been a choice between me (an opener) getting the gloves or the other keeper (usually bats 5 or 6) opening to fit the young buck in. So I reckon I need runs as if anyone in the side below scores well I could be on the block next weekend. I'm in that infuriating batting space currently where I feel great but just not turning it into runs where it matters. Middling balls straight to fielders seems my biggest skill at the moment.

On Edinburgh stories, a few weeks back I was queuing for a coffee and Ian Rankin (a regular around the neighborhood and thoroughly grounded if sometimes dour chap) was ahead of me in the queue. Rankin was chatting to the bloke pulling his espresso and mentioned a really s**** cup of coffee he had the day before. Out of nowhere a old fella behind me in the queue completely unprompted just goes, "aye but at least a s*** cup of coffee is done in minutes, your last s*** book took me f****** weeks to fight through". Credit where due to Rankin he did chuckle at how unnecessary it was!

king_carlos

ShahenshahG and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon May 17, 2021 8:41 am

capslocked FIST!!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 17, 2021 8:59 am

sIcONd Rick-style!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 17, 2021 9:22 am

My cat is a c**t.

Tird G-Style

(I don't have a cat)

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon May 17, 2021 9:48 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:My cat is a c**t.

Tird G-Style

(I don't have a cat)

Virtual C*t C*ntiness. Interesting.

In our kitchen we have a farmhouse wooden kitchen table and the fat furry termites have put 7 years of work into remodeling the legs. It always has a table cloth so we didn't notice anything untoward for a while until we registered all the little bits of wood on the floor.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 17, 2021 9:52 am

lostinwales wrote:

Tird G-Style

(I don't have a cat)

In our kitchen we have a farmhouse wooden kitchen table and the fat furry termites have put 7 years of work into remodeling the legs. It always has a table cloth so we didn't notice anything untoward for a while until we registered all the little bits of wood on the floor.

Between our cat and our toddler the furniture and walls in our flat are decimated. The Young Ones would probably turn their noses up at our accomodation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 17, 2021 10:21 am

lostinwales wrote:

Tird G-Style

(I don't have a cat)

When I was cleaning out a cupboard a while back I noticed some some very fine flakes on the bottom shelf. They were a mixture of light brown, white and other interesting colours. That should have raised the alarm bells. When I went to pick up the Trivial Pursuit box the whole lot fell out and I was showered with tiny paper fragments all over my groin area and down my legs. (I was wearing clothes at the time....)

Turns out some termites (several thousand) had made their way from wherever to the centre of the house... under the stairs and through into the cupboard lining at the base. They obviously then went directly up through the cardboard box. Just about every card (and the instruction pamphlet) had been gorged upon in a very systematic manner. I was particularly impressed with their eating work. Thousands of tiny holes had perforated everything.

It goes without saying we obviously hadn't played Trivial Pursuit for a decade or so.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 17, 2021 12:20 pm

Hi.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm

I see someone has nominated the parents of a presumably murdered 3 year as c*nts. That's got to soften the blow for them.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 17, 2021 12:49 pm

superflyweight wrote:I see someone has nominated the parents of a presumably murdered 3 year as c*nts.  That's got to soften the blow for them.    

Yeah, not sure how I'm gonna get away with agreeing to that one.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I see someone has nominated the parents of a presumably murdered 3 year as c*nts.  That's got to soften the blow for them.    

Yeah, not sure how I'm gonna get away with agreeing to that one.

Real plot twist if you go and encourage voters for Gerry but protest the inclusion of Kate though.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon May 17, 2021 1:06 pm

I'd have voted for her siblings. What did they do in a crisis - f*ck all!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 17, 2021 1:10 pm

Kate and Gerry are basically Schrodinger's c**ts

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 17, 2021 1:49 pm

The Angry Kiwi. lol

I have to google about 70% of the media 'personalities', 'businessmen' and some of the sportsmen. Their names don't stick (lucky I'm not so exposed to them as you guys are) but when I see a photo it's... oh yeah that frucking frucker. Once or twice I just had to make a choice solely based on the combination of brief description, photo and obscene net worth.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 17, 2021 1:53 pm

Had to support the OG cuppers with the Angry Kiwi

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 17, 2021 2:10 pm

So that's the 128.

Slightly disappointed Harvey Weinstein didn't make the cut.
Just remembered that bitch Kay Burley. She's a horrible piece of work.

A few of the others I had were:

Axel F – creator of Crazy Frog
Li Zuocheng (chinese military)
Shi Zhengli (chinese Wuhan lab scientist)
Jared Kushner
Bill O’Reilly
Alec Baldwin
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 17, 2021 2:34 pm

What you got against AOC, peej?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon May 17, 2021 2:41 pm

superflyweight wrote:I'd have voted for her siblings.  What did they do in a crisis - f*ck all!

Exactly. If films have taught me anything it's that kids will always see off mean-intentioned intruders in a sticky situation.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 17, 2021 2:52 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:What you got against AOC, peej?

I don't like the tone nor the substance of what comes out of her mouth on so many levels. She's a hypocrite too. Frankly, I don't think she's had enough real life experience and has built her profile around claims that she has always been a victim of everything and everyone under the sun. Haven't seen her near the Mexican border where things are getting much much worse. Yet there she is on the cover of Vanity Fair. ffs!

Do you like her, Rick? If so, what is it about her style that appeals to you?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 17, 2021 2:59 pm

I adore AOC!

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 17, 2021 3:01 pm

Pal Joey wrote:So that's the 128.

Jared Kushner
Bill O’Reilly
Alec Baldwin
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

You know, I think I must have blanked your selections. I think I probably spent too much time actually responding to your message, may have forgotten to actually do the CC part of it and use the picks. Have a feeling Bill and Jared would have gone far, might throw in some wildcards later.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon May 17, 2021 3:03 pm

I must admit, I generally like the way she ruffles feathers, though I am looking on this with a knowledge that is based on, often, secondary news sources, as I have not seen much of her in person at debates and the such.  She seems to stand for the right things.

Plus she is the person I would love to do second in American politics, after Jen Psaki, obviously.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon May 17, 2021 3:30 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Jared Kushner
Bill O’Reilly
Alec Baldwin
Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

You know, I think I must have blanked your selections. I think I probably spent too much time actually responding to your message, may have forgotten to actually do the CC part of it and use the picks. Have a feeling Bill and Jared would have gone far, might throw in some wildcards later.

As the person who nominated Carlson and Hannity, I can't believe I forgot that c*nting c*nt O'Reilly. He is a hideous combination of the pair of them. A double c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Mon May 17, 2021 3:42 pm

Reckon I'll chuck Jared and O'Reilly into a pre-qualifying bonus round tomorrow with all the ones who drew for second place.

Sam Smith, Joe Rogan, Laura Kuenssberg, Wayne Lineker, Rio Ferdinand, Tyson Fury, Garth Crooks, Nick Ferrari, and whoever else plus O'Reilly and Kushner. However many spaces we have spare in the final 32 can be decided that way.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon May 17, 2021 11:13 pm

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:

Jared Kushner
Bill O’Reilly
Alec Baldwin

Well, at least I had Bono. Should get a large truckload of points for him.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue May 18, 2021 8:42 am

Fist again.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 18, 2021 9:16 am

Every sicond counts.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue May 18, 2021 9:22 am

Tird

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue May 18, 2021 9:56 am

Galted wrote:Every sicond counts.

I can't break away.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 18, 2021 12:10 pm

Anyone else tried the orange Penguin biscuits?

Huge disappointment.

Have procured a couple of orange Yorkies though which I am expecting to be very decent.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue May 18, 2021 12:11 pm

Do penguin wrappers still have jokes on?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 18, 2021 12:12 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Do penguin wrappers still have jokes on?

Do you know what, riCKo, I have no idea.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue May 18, 2021 12:14 pm

Fair enough, this Penguin just keeps on disappointing, doesn't it...

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 18, 2021 12:16 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Fair enough, this Penguin just keeps on disappointing, doesn't it...

I like Penguins (and penguins) and I like orange chocolate but it never quite hit the spot.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue May 18, 2021 12:20 pm

I can see how that would disappoint, if there was a joke, it was probably sh1t.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 18, 2021 12:43 pm

I f*cking hate orange-flavoured chocolate.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue May 18, 2021 12:44 pm

Galted wrote:I f*cking hate orange-flavoured chocolate.

In fact, I should've nominated Terry, with hindsight.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue May 18, 2021 12:48 pm

It is the worst chocolate experience. Even more than Turkish Delight, which I hate but respect more than whatever orange flavouring is in chocolate.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 18, 2021 12:48 pm

Galted wrote:

In fact, I should've nominated Terry, with hindsight.

I put them in the fridge for ages and then take them out when we go out with the kids.

They taste lovely but also make a very handy projectile to throw at someone when they are rock hard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue May 18, 2021 1:05 pm

Orange chocolate as a whole is pish but the rip offs of Terry's do tend to be even worse than Terry's. They've successfully cornered a market that should never have existed.

Tesco have started doing an orange infused dark chocolate. The worst of both worlds right there.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 18, 2021 1:07 pm

king_carlos wrote:Orange chocolate as a whole is pish but the rip offs of Terry's do tend to be even worse than Terry's. They've successfully cornered a market that should never have existed.

Tesco have started doing an orange infused dark chocolate. The worst of both worlds right there.

How did the game go, KC?

Ours got lost to the rain. Never even got started. Turned up, rain then turned up and the Ump's called it off.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue May 18, 2021 1:22 pm

king_carlos wrote:Orange chocolate as a whole is pish but the rip offs of Terry's do tend to be even worse than Terry's. They've successfully cornered a market that should never have existed.

How did the game go, KC?

Ours got lost to the rain. Never even got started. Turned up, rain then turned up and the Ump's called it off.

Rubbish, but it was for all of the batsman so I might be safe for another week! Bowled out for 89 on a horrid batting pitch that had been under water earlier in the week. In fairness to the opposition they bowled and fielded very well. Their opening bowlers bowled 14 overs on the bounce and had us about 12-2. We felt lucky to only be 2 down as well regardless of the run rate. First ball on a length in the opening over flew past my ear and about the third ball that landed on nearly the same spot hit the toe of my bat. I made 9 which was our joint second highest score! Erm Technically 3rd highest score if you count extras that came second...  Laugh  

We had them 3 down for not many chasing and really felt in the game with our bowling being stronger than our batting and the pitch being rank. We dropped their remaining opening batsman just after taking that third quick wicket and he scored 48* chasing the 90 to win with 5 wickets to spare. Had we taken that chance it might have been tight. Beaten by a better team on the day though that's for sure.

On the upside my keeping felt a lot better than I thought it would. I nabbed a good catch, a stumping and a run out.

I'm playing a T20 game tonight on an artificial wicket which should be a bit better to bat on and the weather in Edinburgh is glorious just now so hopefully it stays that way.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue May 18, 2021 1:30 pm

king_carlos wrote:

How did the game go, KC?

Rubbish, but it was for all of the batsman so I might be safe for another week! Bowled out for 89 on a horrid batting pitch that had been under water earlier in the week. In fairness to the opposition they bowled and fielded very well. Their opening bowlers bowled 14 overs on the bounce and had us about 12-2. We felt lucky to only be 2 down as well regardless of the run rate. First ball on a length in the opening over flew past my ear and about the third ball that landed on nearly the same spot hit the toe of my bat. I made 9 which was our joint second highest score! Erm Technically 3rd highest score if you count extras that came second...  Laugh  

We had them 3 down for not many chasing and really felt in the game with our bowling being stronger than our batting and the pitch being rank. We dropped their remaining opening batsman just after taking that third quick wicket and he scored 48* chasing the 90 to win with 5 wickets to spare. Had we taken that chance it might have been tight. Beaten by a better team on the day though that's for sure.

On the upside my keeping felt a lot better than I thought it would. I nabbed a good catch, a stumping and a run out.

I'm playing a T20 game tonight on an artificial wicket which should be a bit better to bat on and the weather in Edinburgh is glorious just now so hopefully it stays that way.

Hard lines mate but you sound like one of the better performers.

We have an interclub 20/20 tomorrow night to get some time in the field as we have lost 2 consecutive games to the weather. I'm getting the heavy bat out and the long handle.

There for a good time, not a long time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next