The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ireland Summer 2021

+9
thebandwagonsociety
Pete330v2
profitius
geoff999rugby
doctor_grey
Highland Shaun
Collapse2005
mikey_dragon
Maine man
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Ireland Summer 2021

Post by Maine man Mon 10 May 2021, 7:17 pm

First topic message reminder :

Thought I'd get the ball rolling as it confirmed today that Ireland will be playing Japan 🇯🇵 and USA 🇺🇸 this summer instead of touring Fiji 🇫🇯

So with 8 players off with the Lions, who would you like to see play?


Ireland Squad
Backs (17)
Will Addison (Ulster) 4 caps
Robert Baloucoune (Ulster) uncapped
Caolin Blade (Connacht) uncapped
Billy Burns (Ulster) 6 caps
Harry Byrne (Leinster) uncapped
Joey Carbery (Munster) 22 caps
Craig Casey (Munster) 1 cap
Andrew Conway (Munster) 24 caps
Shane Daly (Munster) 1 cap
Tom Daly (Connacht) uncapped
Chris Farrell (Munster) 14 caps
Jamison Gibson Park (Leinster) 9 caps
Hugo Keenan (Leinster) 11 caps
Jordan Larmour (Leinster) 29 caps
Stuart McCloskey (Ulster) 4 caps
Garry Ringrose (Leinster) 34 caps
Jacob Stockdale (Ulster) 34 caps

Forwards (20)
Ryan Baird (Leinster) 3 caps
Finlay Bealham (Connacht) 14 caps
Paul Boyle (Connacht) uncapped
Ed Byrne (Leinster) 4 caps
Gavin Coombes (Munster) uncapped
Ultan Dillane (Connacht) 18 caps
Peter Dooley (Leinster) uncapped
Caelan Doris (Leinster) 7 caps
Dave Heffernan (Connacht) 5 caps
Rob Herring (Ulster) 21 caps
Ronan Kelleher (Leinster) 11 caps
Dave Kilcoyne (Munste) 43 caps
Ross Molony (Leinster) uncapped
Peter O’Mahony (Munster) 75 caps
Tom O’Toole (Ulster) uncapped
James Ryan (Leinster) 35 caps
John Ryan (Munster) 23 caps
Nick Timoney (Ulster) uncapped
Josh van der Flier (Leinster) 31 caps
Fineen Wycherley (Munster) uncapped

Maine man

Posts : 333
Join date : 2016-07-08

Back to top Go down


Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 11 Jul 2021, 1:16 am

Really good performance from Hume. I've been disappointed with how Ringrose hasn't kicked on as he has such potential. Hopefully Hume can take his really put pressure on him in the future. He looks to have a lovely passing game to go along with his pace and physicality.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3938
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by profitius Sun 11 Jul 2021, 7:59 am

asoreleftshoulder wrote:Really good performance from Hume. I've been disappointed with how Ringrose hasn't kicked on as he has such potential.  Hopefully Hume can take his really put pressure on him in the future.  He looks to have a lovely passing game to go along with his pace and physicality.


He was very good and its no surprise. Surely ahead of Chris Farrell now at least and breathing down Ringrose's neck. I'd have him ahead of Ringrose.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4603
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by Collapse2005 Sun 11 Jul 2021, 8:19 am

Yeah McCloskey and Hume were very good, combined very nicely for McCloskey’s try

Collapse2005

Posts : 5506
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by westisbest Sun 11 Jul 2021, 9:16 am

McCloskey, Aki, Henshaw, Addison, Hume, Ringrose, Farrell.

Certainly some good options in the centre.

westisbest

Posts : 7697
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by asoreleftshoulder Sun 11 Jul 2021, 4:10 pm

profitius wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:Really good performance from Hume. I've been disappointed with how Ringrose hasn't kicked on as he has such potential.  Hopefully Hume can take his really put pressure on him in the future.  He looks to have a lovely passing game to go along with his pace and physicality.


He was very good and its no surprise. Surely ahead of Chris Farrell now at least and breathing down Ringrose's neck. I'd have him ahead of Ringrose.

He definitely deserves a chance at a higher level. What's his defense like, I've seen him play a few times and he looked very solid.

asoreleftshoulder

Posts : 3938
Join date : 2011-05-15
Location : Meath,Ireland.

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by profitius Sun 11 Jul 2021, 8:30 pm

asoreleftshoulder wrote:
profitius wrote:
asoreleftshoulder wrote:Really good performance from Hume. I've been disappointed with how Ringrose hasn't kicked on as he has such potential.  Hopefully Hume can take his really put pressure on him in the future.  He looks to have a lovely passing game to go along with his pace and physicality.


He was very good and its no surprise. Surely ahead of Chris Farrell now at least and breathing down Ringrose's neck. I'd have him ahead of Ringrose.

He definitely deserves a chance at a higher level. What's his defense like, I've seen him play a few times and he looked very solid.


Ulster fans would know more than me but to me he looks solid. He's fairly big.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4603
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 12 Jul 2021, 12:15 pm

Looks like we are playing USA Japan Agentina and NZ in November. Good schedule

Collapse2005

Posts : 5506
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by thebandwagonsociety Mon 12 Jul 2021, 2:50 pm

Collapse2005 wrote:Looks like we are playing USA Japan Agentina and NZ in November. Good schedule
Will 4 games mean we're playing outside the international window? If so I suppose all the unions need the cash and the hope is capacity attendance for all four matches (would they put usa in thomond, maybe japan in belfast also?).

EDIT - Never mind, the USA game is in Vegas Baby!!! (think that's the name of the place). The new Raiders stadium, man that would be class to get to.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2610
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by Collapse2005 Mon 12 Jul 2021, 3:25 pm

Yeah its in Vegas, would be fun

Collapse2005

Posts : 5506
Join date : 2017-08-24

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by geoff999rugby Wed 14 Jul 2021, 4:58 pm

Some observations on the games.

Addison is a class act and if he stays fit should be in the 23
Keenan is nailed on for 15 for the foreseeable future.
Balacoune is a better bet than Lamour or Lowe on the wing and is next in line after Earls and Stockdale.
McCloskey should be in the squad as should Hume - Farrell is the player going down the pecking order.
If you include Addison as a centre Farrell doesn't make the top 6(Aki, Henshaw, Ringrose, McCloskey, Hume, Addison)
Daly still needs to do more to breakthrough

Ireland have a problem at 10 - once Sextons sticking plaster gives way there is a big hole.
Jackson is the natural successor but he is in permanent exile.
Carbery, Burns and Ross Bryne are all deficient in my opinion
Harry Bryne is the best prospect but that will only come if he gets game time at Leinster

Casey should be ahead of G-P and McGrath and should be alongside Murray and Cooney  in the Ireland line up
(However Farrell has a blind spot about Cooney)

I was delighted with Timoney but given the competition in the backrow he will only be a cover player.
Coombes is the next backrower to make an impact.
He will be rightup there with Conan, Doris and POM for 6/8

Second row - Beard looks good but more to learn.
Ryan was slightly disappointing.
If Henderson and Bierne have big tours he has a fight on his hands to make the starting XV.

Pleased O'Toole got a chance - he will need a couple of years more to develop - not a problem with Furlong and Porter in front of him
Kelleher is a strange one - outstanding in the loose but until he becomes a better thrower he should remain on the bench.
Herring will be keeping the place warm until Kelleher sorts out his throwing, when he does he will fly

geoff999rugby

Posts : 4659
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by profitius Tue 20 Jul 2021, 7:03 am

Collapse2005 wrote:Looks like we are playing USA Japan Agentina and NZ in November. Good schedule


Some good entertaining matches with those teams. Hopefully Farrell continues on from the last game but I doubt it.
profitius
profitius

Posts : 4603
Join date : 2012-01-25

Back to top Go down

Ireland Summer 2021 - Page 2 Empty Re: Ireland Summer 2021

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum