The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines

+14
pedro
alfie
Afro
guildfordbat
Galted
Atila
GSC
westisbest
JDizzle
Soul Requiem
Lowlandbrit
Good Golly I'm Olly
Duty281
Dolphin Ziggler
18 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines - Page 2 Empty The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 16 Jun 2021, 2:02 pm

First topic message reminder :

Opening Fixtures:

Brentford v Arsenal
Burnley v Brighton
Chelsea v Crystal Palace
Everton v Southampton
Leicester City v Wolverhampton
Manchester United v Leeds United
Newcastle United v West Ham United
Norwich City v Liverpool
Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester City
Watford v Aston Villa

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines

Post by westisbest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 5:50 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:Manchester City beat Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford Bridge. City dominated the match. Chelsea couldn’t live with them. City are the PL benchmark. Had City got a striker they’d ran away with the league.

Aston Villa beat Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford. Villa made United look a mediocre side. Fernándes missed an injury time penalty, which bizarrely CR7 let him take.
Solskjaer is a championship level manager. I can’t imagine any top manager ever considering Fred or McTomminay as starters for a top 4 club. Yet the Norwegian clown picks both.
Solskjaer’s management style of ‘vibes and luck’ has run out.

Yes we did baby. Yes we did.

Woooooooooooooooooooo

westisbest

Back to top Go down

The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines - Page 2 Empty Re: The 2021-22 Premier League Thread - Dem Thicc Lines

Post by Galted Sat 25 Sep 2021, 6:24 pm

westisbest wrote:
Jeff Navarro wrote:Manchester City beat Chelsea 1-0 at Stamford Bridge. City dominated the match. Chelsea couldn’t live with them. City are the PL benchmark. Had City got a striker they’d ran away with the league.

Aston Villa beat Manchester United 1-0 at Old Trafford. Villa made United look a mediocre side. Fernándes missed an injury time penalty, which bizarrely CR7 let him take.
Solskjaer is a championship level manager. I can’t imagine any top manager ever considering Fred or McTomminay as starters for a top 4 club. Yet the Norwegian clown picks both.

Yes we did baby. Yes we did.

Woooooooooooooooooooo

Haha, 2 out of 47 now - though no surprise with the amount of penalties they get against us - think it's 4 in a row when they've been level or a goal down. Martinez's sh*thousery in trying to get Ronaldo to take it was superb.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 6:47 pm

Atila wrote:

Solskjaer probably picks them as starters because he feels that they are his best options. If he thought DVB was better or had other players that he thought would be better I'm sure he would pick them.
Solskjaer has one of the great midfielder, when not playing for Manchester United, in Paul Pogba. Only a moron with no footballing intelligence would play Pogba as a left winger.

Fred and McTomminay are two of the worst midfielders I’ve ever seen. If Solskjaer can’t see what van de Beek can do in the limited matches the Dutchman has actually played, then he’s an even bigger idiot than I thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:14 pm

There is the fact Pogba has played better on the left than he has in midfield for Man Utd, there is that.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:21 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:There is the fact Pogba has played better on the left than he has in midfield for Man Utd,  there is that.
That’s on United’s poor recruitment in the past. Can you genuinely justify £50m+ on Fred? Imagine if that money was invested on a midfielder that could compliment Pogba.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:29 pm

Brentford and Liverpool share 6 goals in a highly entertaining draw. Brentford are very enjoyable to watch. Liverpool very much over hyped and defensively are woeful. Konate should be a starter over Matip.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:31 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:There is the fact Pogba has played better on the left than he has in midfield for Man Utd,  there is that.
That’s on United’s poor recruitment in the past. Can you genuinely justify £50m+ on Fred? Imagine if that money was invested on a midfielder that could compliment Pogba.

It's on Pogba picking and choosing when he can be bothered to put the effort in.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:32 pm

Pogba has been poor at CM, can't play him in a two. Van de Beek wants to be a 10. Not sure Ole has better options. Though that is on recruitment
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:45 pm

Soul Requiem wrote:
Jeff Navarro wrote:

It's on Pogba picking and choosing when he can be bothered to put the effort in.
But is that Pogba’s fault or Solskjaer not playing to the Frenchman’s strengths?
As GSC says Pogba isn’t someone you can play in a two man midfield. And during his time in Manchester his best moments in the midfield came when he played with Matic and Herrera.
For whatever reason Matic rarely plays. And Solskjaer never bothered replacing Herrera.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sat 25 Sep 2021, 7:56 pm

If you're a supposed world class central midfielder and you can only perform in a three you have some glaring weaknesses. If he was good enough he'd perform regardless of the team set up.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 8:07 pm

Atila wrote:
Duty281 wrote:It was a rare bit of tactical hopelessness from Tuchel, set Chelsea up way too conservatively and they paid the price.  Leaves the title race well balanced early on with the three title contenders of Liverpool, City and Chelsea all on 13 points - though Liverpool have a game in hand v Brentford later today.
Sorry, but you have forgotten Man Utd in your list of contenders. I know you don't rate them as you picked them to finish 6th or 7th last season while they finished 2nd, and this season you didn't even pick them to finish in the top 4 this season but I think they're genuine contenders.

They're short of being realistic title contenders as they're a clear couple of levels below City and Chelsea, but if they get rid of Ole and replace with a better manager, and can bring in a quality defensive midfielder as an upgrade on the current options they have, they might be at that level. Certainly not title contenders yet.

For now 4th would be a good season for them. Yes they finished second last season, but mainly through Liverpool (injury-wrecked) and Chelsea (Lampard-wrecked) underachieving; can't expect the same thing to happen again this year.

(And I had United as 5th in my prediction from last year. Pretty much the same this year in that I wouldn't be surprised if any of United/Tottenham/Leicester finish fourth).

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 8:08 pm

Well you look at the teams that are ahead of Manchester United - City, Chelsea and Liverpool. All have world class defensive midfielders. It’s not like Pogba can’t play as in a two men midfield. He does it with Kante for the French. It’s on United for wasting money on below average players. You put Rodri, Fabinho or Kante in that United squad and arguably they could be champions.

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 25 Sep 2021, 8:57 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Atila wrote:
Duty281 wrote:It was a rare bit of tactical hopelessness from Tuchel, set Chelsea up way too conservatively and they paid the price.  Leaves the title race well balanced early on with the three title contenders of Liverpool, City and Chelsea all on 13 points - though Liverpool have a game in hand v Brentford later today.
Sorry, but you have forgotten Man Utd in your list of contenders. I know you don't rate them as you picked them to finish 6th or 7th last season while they finished 2nd, and this season you didn't even pick them to finish in the top 4 this season but I think they're genuine contenders.

They're short of being realistic title contenders as they're a clear couple of levels below City and Chelsea, but if they get rid of Ole and replace with a better manager, and can bring in a quality defensive midfielder as an upgrade on the current options they have, they might be at that level. Certainly not title contenders yet.

For now 4th would be a good season for them. Yes they finished second last season, but mainly through Liverpool (injury-wrecked) and Chelsea (Lampard-wrecked) underachieving; can't expect the same thing to happen again this year.

(And I had United as 5th in my prediction from last year. Pretty much the same this year in that I wouldn't be surprised if any of United/Tottenham/Leicester finish fourth).
I looked back at your predictions and you're correct. You did pick United to finish 5th at the start of last season, but by December you said you would be highly surprised if United finished in the top 4. You then thought they would finish 6th or 7th.
https://www.606v2.com/t69686p200-2020-21-premier-league-thread-var-check-complete-no-cough#3943526

United clearly a level below City and Chelsea? City I can take but Chelsea?

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Atila Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:04 pm

Jeff Navarro wrote:
Atila wrote:

Solskjaer probably picks them as starters because he feels that they are his best options. If he thought DVB was better or had other players that he thought would be better I'm sure he would pick them.
Solskjaer has one of the great midfielder, when not playing for Manchester United, in Paul Pogba. Only a moron with no footballing intelligence would play Pogba as a left winger.

Fred and McTomminay are two of the worst midfielders I’ve ever seen. If Solskjaer can’t see what van de Beek can do in the limited matches the Dutchman has actually played, then he’s an even bigger idiot than I thought.
I've read good things about McTominay and Fred has made 8 appearances for Brazil this year alone. Sorry you don't like them but some people obviously do.

Atila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:21 pm

Atila wrote:
Jeff Navarro wrote:
Atila wrote:

I've read good things about McTominay and Fred has made 8 appearances for Brazil this year alone. Sorry you don't like them but some people obviously do.
I don’t dislike Fred or McTomminay, I’m not at Manchester United fan so I don’t need to like them either. But that’s a mute point.

Mourinho signed Fred as Woodward wasn’t capable of getting any of the players the Portuguese requested. It’s not really a glowing endorsement is it?

Former United captain Roy Keane rips into the Brazilian basically every match. Keane by all accounts is worthy of an opinion. He’s United royalty.

As for McTomminay, he’s an average homegrown player. Might sound harsh. But aside from strength he’s got nothing else.

Whilst Solskjaer is manager and he keeps picking Fred and McTomminay, United will never win a trophy.

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:41 pm

Fred and McTominay in a league winning squad is fine, but the two of them playing 30+ games together as a two just won't cut it.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 25 Sep 2021, 9:53 pm

Atila wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Atila wrote:

I looked back at your predictions and you're correct. You did pick United to finish 5th at the start of last season, but by December you said you would be highly surprised if United finished in the top 4. You then thought they would finish 6th or 7th.
https://www.606v2.com/t69686p200-2020-21-premier-league-thread-var-check-complete-no-cough#3943526

United clearly a level below City and Chelsea? City I can take but Chelsea?

Yes, City and Chelsea are the frontrunners this season. Liverpool possibly up there with them, maybe a little below. They're the three title contenders. Then you have to drop down a bit for United but, like I say, get rid of Ole and improve on the garbage Fred/McTominay/Matic choices in the defensive midfielder position and then United may be title contenders.

Not sure why you wouldn't think Chelsea are above United, they clearly are and have been since Tuchel took over and started getting the best out of the Chelsea squad.

Duty281

Location : I wouldn’t want to be faster or greener than now if you were with me; O you were the best of all my days

Good Golly I'm Olly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 26 Sep 2021, 4:42 pm

Totally agree Duty - Utd can’t be taken seriously as title contenders until they appoint a manager worthy of taking on the Pep/Klopp/Tuchel’s over a season. It’s been clear as day Solskjaer is out of his depth at the top level, he’s done a decent job of steadying the ship post Mourinho but if Utd are to reach the next level, they need a serious upgrade at manager
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 03 Oct 2021, 1:04 pm

Watford's manager wins the first-to-be-sacked race. Five managers in two years, apparently. Embarrassing ownership.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 03 Oct 2021, 7:51 pm

Liverpool 2-2 Manchester City. Thrilling match at Anfield, the home side fortunate to get a point. Mane put the hosts ahead. Foden equaliser was a brilliant finish. Salah put Liverpool ahead again with some crazy ass goal. KdB equaliser again was a fantastic finish.
City can feel aggrieved as Milner lucky not to be sent off when it was 1-1.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 07 Oct 2021, 7:09 pm

Newcastle are now minted.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Oct 2021, 4:53 pm

Ole the clown getting shredded by Leicester missing two of their best players. If that clown had self respect he would step down.
Leicester 4-2 Manchester United. Maguire is average at best. £80m who they kidding?
Watford 0-5 Liverpool, Firmino hat trick miserable debut for Ranieri.
Manchester City 2-0 Burnley a pretty entertaining match

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sat 16 Oct 2021, 4:58 pm

Every time Ole has his back to the wall he pulls out a result to save himself, Liverpool next in the PL...
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sat 16 Oct 2021, 5:02 pm

Game of the season contender between Leicester and United. Thrilling attacking football from both, plenty of drama, and two world-class strikes - one for Greenwood, one for Tielemans. Might be the catalyst to ignite Leicester's season after a sluggish start. United in a bit of bother - they haven't won in the last three PL games and have got Tottenham/Liverpool/City coming up, plus they are probably without Varane for all of those.

Salah was top quality earlier, albeit against a dismal Watford defence.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 16 Oct 2021, 7:34 pm

Another bad Chelsea performance. Been a few in a row now which is a concern. It’s either all going to collapse in a heap or they will start playing properly and be right in the title mix after the tough run of games to start the year.

Mendy though - what a signing he has been.

JDizzle

Duty281 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by westisbest Sat 16 Oct 2021, 9:15 pm

Poor from Villa today in the end. 2-0 and we fkd it up.

Got to be seeing those kind of games out.

Onto Friday night and Arsenal.

westisbest

Back to top Go down

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Sun 17 Oct 2021, 4:22 pm

We need to change manager if we're going to have any shot - don't think changing would ensure survival by any means, but might give us a shot
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Oct 2021, 6:59 pm

Newcastle 2-3 Spurs. Entertaining game, the Londoners good value for their win
Newcastle I guessing will sack Steve Bruce?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Oct 2021, 7:12 pm

No surprise with the result today. Bruce will be gone ASAP. I think they just gave him the 1,000th game in charge, as a parting gift.

Long process ahead for the new owners now. It’s a mess, but this was never going to be an easy fix. Hard position to be in, given the diabolical squad/league position, and the difficulty of a January window. Bar, ASM/Wilson, everyone in the squad is expendable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 17 Oct 2021, 7:30 pm

Newcastle - without a win in the first eight games and have still got Liverpool/City/Chelsea to play this side of Christmas - could get relegated which would put their new owners in an uncomfortable position.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Sun 17 Oct 2021, 7:56 pm

Good Golly I'm Olly wrote:We need to change manager if we're going to have any shot - don't think changing would ensure survival by any means, but might give us a shot

Steve Bruce then, mate?

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Wed 20 Oct 2021, 10:36 am

He's now available..
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Wed 20 Oct 2021, 10:40 am

I felt some sympathy for Steve Bruce. Then I learned he was getting a pay-off in the region of £7 million, so it's not exactly a hard-luck story.

Wonder who Newcastle have lined up? The odds-on favourite is currently Fonseca, who is best known for winning the Ukrainian league thrice in succession, then doing little of note at Roma.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Oct 2021, 10:50 am

Fonseca being linked. It will be a hold the fort, and try and avoid relegation job. Whoever comes in now, I can’t envisage still being there in 12-18 month time. Top managers only become interested once the groundwork has been done, and that will take two years +

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sat 23 Oct 2021, 2:27 pm

Norwich are abysmal. Chelsea’s front three seemed more balanced today - but yeah, it was Norwich.

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 4:46 pm

Liverpool 2-0 up at Old Trafford after 13 minutes. Maguire and Shaw are pathetic.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm

OGS gone tonight

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:09 pm

Ole has pulled off many escapes just when it look bleak but this might be one too many.
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:09 pm

United are so bad they are making Naby look like prime Zidane

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:11 pm

This is the difference between title contenders and those a level below.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:15 pm

Duty281 wrote:This is the difference between title contenders and those a level below.
Difference between a real manager vs a PE teacher.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:18 pm

Ole has to go now, he's managed to make defenders who have excelled under Southgate for England look worse than average.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by JDizzle Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:29 pm

Ole’s done his job. Steadied the ship and most of the pieces are there. Time to shuffle him aside. Not sure if Conte is the answer though…

JDizzle

Back to top Go down

Post by GSC Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:31 pm

Idk, but if nothing else Conte gives you what Mourinho hasn't for a while in transforming the attitude
GSC
GSC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:35 pm

Conte is a proven winner as is Zidane. Ole is clueless. No tactics. The obsesseion with McFred has cost him his job.

Back to top Go down

Post by Soul Requiem Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:46 pm

It highlights the massive downside of hiring a club legend as manager, it's a lot harder to get rid of them.

Soul Requiem

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:53 pm

Pogba sent off, but he’s already eyeing PSG or Madrid on a free this summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 5:54 pm

Leg breaking foul from Pogba SMH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 6:17 pm

Certain United fans embarrassing themselves, Lingard coping abuse when he's not even playing

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Oct 2021, 6:27 pm

Manchester United 0-5 Liverpool, Keita, Jota and Salahx3. Pogba red card 15 minutes after coming on at half time.
United look clueless and timid. Liverpool hardly got out off second gear.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next