The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
superflyweight
Galted
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Jun 2021, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Banana

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 29 Jun 2021, 1:21 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Or sewing.

She doesn't need help with the sewing, Jules. She is excellent at that.

She just needs me to run the business using my sharp brain and acumen.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 3 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 29 Jun 2021, 1:25 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

How's the thimble collection coming along?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 29 Jun 2021, 1:29 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

How's the thimble collection coming along?

drumroll

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 29 Jun 2021, 4:47 pm

The lesser super is giving legal advice on the golf board.

The plot thickens.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jun 2021, 8:13 am

Unmichaelsing midweek fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Jun 2021, 8:29 am

It's coming sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 30 Jun 2021, 8:37 am

The early Tird misses the worm altogether

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Jun 2021, 11:37 am

Galted wrote:The lesser super is giving legal advice on the golf board.

The plot thickens.

He started his argument on fairly solid ground but has descended into a ripe combination of pedantry and stupidity to try to make his argument stronger. I reckon he could argue himself to death if we picked the right topic.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Jun 2021, 1:06 pm

I enjoyed the flashbacks to 1996 last night. Was working in a pub with the football on relentlessly back then. Never had to buy a drink for the entirety of the tournament. Great weather that summer, great music scene emerging and a home footy tournament. No mobile phones, no C*ntbook and Tw*tter.

The 90's was a much happier place than we find ourselves these days.

Also did anyone see the Jurgen Klopp lookalike on the shoulders of some England fans? Has to be Seany?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Jun 2021, 1:13 pm

My happiest memory of 1996 was being on a train from Chiswick into one of the central London stations and seeing a stunning blond woman on the roof of her flat, sunbathing topless, lying on her front and wearing a gold thong.  

The frequency and vividness of the flashbacks I have to it could keep the greatest psychiatrists busy for a while.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Jun 2021, 1:46 pm

superflyweight wrote:My happiest memory of 1996 was being on a train from Chiswick into one of the central London stations and seeing a stunning blond woman on the roof of her flat, sunbathing topless, lying on her front and wearing a gold thong.  

The frequency and vividness of the flashbacks I have to it could keep the greatest psychiatrists busy for a while.

I'm at the age where your description of something only you went through is enough to get me jazzed up.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Wed 30 Jun 2021, 1:53 pm

Bloody 90s.

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Jun 2021, 2:02 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I enjoyed the flashbacks to 1996 last night. Was working in a pub with the football on relentlessly back then. Never had to buy a drink for the entirety of the tournament. Great weather that summer, great music scene emerging and a home footy tournament. No mobile phones, no C*ntbook and Tw*tter.

Also did anyone see the Jurgen Klopp lookalike on the shoulders of some England fans? Has to be Seany?

Was he eating chips?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Jun 2021, 2:04 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I enjoyed the flashbacks to 1996 last night. Was working in a pub with the football on relentlessly back then. Never had to buy a drink for the entirety of the tournament. Great weather that summer, great music scene emerging and a home footy tournament. No mobile phones, no C*ntbook and Tw*tter.

Was he eating chips?

l*l.

No, but then neither was Sean's mate in real life.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Jun 2021, 2:06 pm

superflyweight wrote:My happiest memory of 1996 was being on a train from Chiswick into one of the central London stations and seeing a stunning blond woman on the roof of her flat, sunbathing topless, lying on her front and wearing a gold thong.  

Lived in Chiswick for a while... Thames Rd. Used to go to the Bull's Head pub there. Nearly knocked myself out walking head first into a low hanging beam just as I was reading the sign to watch out for it. Don't know how I staggered home afterwards but I have happy memories of that time and place and only minimal brain damage.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 30 Jun 2021, 3:04 pm

I think I might have been in that pub, Joey. Would have been sometime in June 1996. I hope we didn't breach CC rules a good 20 years before those rules were brought into effect.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jun 2021, 3:10 pm

Pal Joey wrote:

Lived in Chiswick for a while... Thames Rd. Used to go to the Bull's Head pub there. Nearly knocked myself out walking head first into a low hanging beam just as I was reading the sign to watch out for it. Don't know how I staggered home afterwards but I have happy memories of that time and place and only minimal brain damage.

Don't think I've been there but I did crack my head repeatedly on the beams in the Cutty Sark (ship not pub) a few years back.  Used some excellent nouns and adjectives to describe my feelings which angered Galtova as there were several families with small children nearby.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Jun 2021, 3:38 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Don't think I've been there but I did crack my head repeatedly on the beams in the Cutty Sark (ship not pub) a few years back.  Used some excellent nouns and adjectives to describe my feelings which angered Galtova as there were several families with small children nearby.

I stubbed my toe in Ye Olde Mitre in Hatton Garden once. I was wearing suit trousers and flip flops so my own fault. I was pulling in some admiring glances up until that point. The admiration turned to disgust as I shouted "you f*cking c*nt" at an obnoxiously loud volume.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 30 Jun 2021, 3:58 pm

Had a near miss stubbed toe the other day. Or more correctly, I avoided shaving the bottom of my big toe off on a sharp piece of steel in the garage. I was going for the pool chlorine when I somehow faintly brushed the steel section (a few microns connected but no mark left) which was sticking out of the bottom of a pile of other building materials and restrained in such a way that it wasn't going to move anywhere.

That feeling of relief of just having avoided a severe injury is hard to measure. Felt like celebrating. Same when you nearly stub your toe but somehow just avoid that inevitable pain.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 30 Jun 2021, 4:03 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I stubbed my toe in Ye Olde Mitre in Hatton Garden once. I was wearing suit trousers and flip flops so my own fault. I was pulling in some admiring glances up until that point. The admiration turned to disgust as I shouted "you f*cking c*nt" at an obnoxiously loud volume.

Did you have your green pullover on as well?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 30 Jun 2021, 4:22 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Did you have your green pullover on as well?

It was summer (hence the cool flip flops and suit trousers look) so I don't believe I had the Next jumpers out at that time. Probably a long sleeve shirt with the sleeves rolled up because short sleeved shirts are c*ntish.

The Next jumpers are probably the thing I miss the most about having a proper job. That morning choice of do I go for the geography teacher or B&Q employee look. Probably the last time I felt truly alive.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jun 2021, 4:40 pm

Now that's what you call a look.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 30 Jun 2021, 6:06 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I am sure I have never mentioned it(!) but I used to work just around the corner from the Cutty Sark- but probably went to the pub more often

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 30 Jun 2021, 6:21 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I am sure I have never mentioned it(!) but I used to work just around the corner from the Cutty Sark- but probably went to the pub more often

I believe you said that you worked at the Naval College, which means we've almost certainly contravened CC/tea society rules.

I quite like the Cutty Sark though I haven't been for some time, partly due to Covid and partly due to the smug bitch who told me when I went upstairs on my last visit that I had to eat in order to drink.  This was particularly offensive to my ears as I'd gone up there to f*cking eat.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 Jul 2021, 7:54 am

Another day with an 'a' in it, another unmichaelsing fist.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Jul 2021, 8:51 am

Sicond

Tino - I saw the film the Phantom Thread the other day and thought of you.

Greenwich. I am trying to remember which pubs we used to go to around there because there are a few. Trafalgar was closest. I can remember the Gipsy Moth too, and the Plume of Feathers which at the time had a very talented lebanese chef

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Jul 2021, 9:31 am

Trafalgar. A fellow PhD student got glassed by a lecturer there. The lecturer was sacked very quickly but was acquitted of assault. Didn't help the trial that said PhD student was about 6'3'', 20+ stone and quite unbelievably strong. The lecturer wasn't.

Lecturer was being a d!ck. My mate Andy had picked him up and suggested that his behaviour was not great which upset the little sh!t who then later smashed a wine glass in Andy's face breaking his glasses and cutting his face.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 Jul 2021, 10:02 am

One of my lecturers had previously been the keyboard player in the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.
FACT.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 Jul 2021, 10:02 am

lostinwales wrote:Trafalgar. A fellow PhD student got glassed by a lecturer there. The lecturer was sacked very quickly but was acquitted of assault. Didn't help the trial that said PhD student was about 6'3'', 20+ stone and quite unbelievably strong. The lecturer wasn't.

Lecturer was being a d!ck. My mate Andy had picked him up and suggested that his behaviour was not great which upset the little sh!t who then later smashed a wine glass in Andy's face breaking his glasses and cutting his face.

L*l out loud, sounds more like a Wetherspoons.

That incompetent wannabe author and Countdown champion, Richard Britten, went to Greenwich University (he's the one who traced a girl who gave his book a sh*t review up to Scotland, went there and smashed a bottle over her head).  He stalked another girl at the university too.  You can read some of his work on Amazon, is laughably bad, but makes me proud to be a local.

The Plume of Feathers and The Yacht are/were my favoured pubs apart from the Cutty Sark.  The Pelton Arms isn't bad either.  The Trafalgar's opened up a new downstairs area, a bit like a series of catacombs where you can watch sport and, presumably, hide from Andy and Richard Britten.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 01 Jul 2021, 10:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:One of my lecturers had previously been the keyboard player in the Crazy World of Arthur Brown.
FACT.

One of my lecturers had a first name pronounced 'c*nt".

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Jul 2021, 10:19 am

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Trafalgar. A fellow PhD student got glassed by a lecturer there. The lecturer was sacked very quickly but was acquitted of assault. Didn't help the trial that said PhD student was about 6'3'', 20+ stone and quite unbelievably strong. The lecturer wasn't.

L*l out loud, sounds more like a Wetherspoons.

That incompetent wannabe author and Countdown champion, Richard Britten, went to Greenwich University (he's the one who traced a girl who gave his book a sh*t review up to Scotland, went there and smashed a bottle over her head).  He stalked another girl at the university too.  You can read some of his work on Amazon, is laughably bad, but makes me proud to be a local.

The Plume of Feathers and The Yacht are/were my favoured pubs apart from the Cutty Sark.  The Pelton Arms isn't bad either.  The Trafalgar's opened up a new downstairs area, a bit like a series of catacombs where you can watch sport and, presumably, hide from Andy and Richard Britten.

I had not heard of Britten. What a t0sser. Outside of a couple of research groups it's a sh!te university, although you do occasionally get some talented students who had made a complete mess of their A levels.

I remember the Yacht now you mention it. It is a long time ago.

As for my friend Andy I was in the pub at the time but in a different part and didn't see what happened. But from what I heard when I said 'picked him up' that was literally what happened. Andy actually had some anger issues when he was younger (including getting a life ban from playing rugby) but on this occasion all the evidence was that he was very much the good guy.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Jul 2021, 10:55 am

lostinwales wrote:

I've not seen it, champ, but Mrs Windows has watched it more than once. She loves it.

But then she is a creative genius whereas I can't even using tracing paper properly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Jul 2021, 11:40 am

lostinwales wrote:

I've not seen it, champ, but Mrs Windows has watched it more than once. She loves it.

But then she is a creative genius whereas I can't even using tracing paper properly.

The first hour or so is simply brilliant - and the three main characters are all very good. It falls away a bit after that as it doesn't have anywhere to go.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 01 Jul 2021, 11:43 am

lostinwales wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

The first hour or so is simply brilliant - and the three main characters are all very good. It falls away a bit after that as it doesn't have anywhere to go.

Very much like a threesome I once had.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 01 Jul 2021, 11:45 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

l*l out loud. A couple of times.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 01 Jul 2021, 11:53 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I like this bit of the forum

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 02 Jul 2021, 8:35 am

Flying fist of Friday.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 Jul 2021, 9:03 am

Sicond

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Jul 2021, 9:09 am

Tird. Thought I'd have something funny or catchy to add but it appears not to be the case.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 02 Jul 2021, 10:03 am

Galted wrote:Tird.  Thought I'd have something funny or catchy to add but it appears not to be the case.

Consistency is also an admirable trait, Galted.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 02 Jul 2021, 10:16 am

Galted wrote:Tird.  Thought I'd have something funny or catchy to add but it appears not to be the case.

L*l out loud

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Jul 2021, 10:23 am

I don't understand. How could you be so nice in so many ways, and then do something so wantonly cruel?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 02 Jul 2021, 10:25 am

Galted wrote:

I don't understand.  How could you be so nice in so many ways, and then do something so wantonly cruel?

I only did it to elicit a positive response from Jules as he very rarely dishes them out. It worked but I now feel a little dirty.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Jul 2021, 10:30 am

Galted wrote:

I don't understand.  How could you be so nice in so many ways, and then do something so wantonly cruel?

I only did it to elicit a positive response from Jules as he very rarely dishes them out. It worked but I now feel a little dirty.

That's ok then, if it's done for a laugh it's always ok.

One of the accounts I follow on Tw*tter is the Auschwitz Memorial, every day they show a picture of internees (often children) who were born on that day, almost all of whom died in the camp.  Today's was Fanny Messing and I think that my place in hell has now been booked.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 02 Jul 2021, 10:32 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

One of the accounts I follow on Tw*tter is the Auschwitz Memorial, every day they show a picture of internees (often children) who were born on that day, almost all of whom died in the camp.  Today's was Fanny Messing and I think that my place in hell has now been booked.

If you can't laugh at Fanny Messing, what can you laugh at.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 02 Jul 2021, 11:39 am

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Dick Pound.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 02 Jul 2021, 12:17 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Dick Pound.

l*l

If Fanny had married Dick and become Fanny Pound that would also be amusing.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 02 Jul 2021, 1:28 pm

If the Germans had a sense of humour it would probably have saved her.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 02 Jul 2021, 1:32 pm

Racist.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 02 Jul 2021, 1:47 pm

Galted wrote:If the Germans had a sense of humour it would probably have saved her.

Yes if only they spoke English

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 20 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 20  Next