The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+8
superflyweight
Galted
Pal Joey
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
rIck_dAgless
12 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 22 Jun 2021, 10:08 am

First topic message reminder :

Banana

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:15 pm

lostinwales wrote:He's 19 , slim, about 5'10'' and flexible.

Has Tino been in touch for his number?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 23 Aug 2021, 12:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:He's 19 , slim, about 5'10'' and flexible.

Has Tino been in touch for his number?

Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by guildfordbat Mon 23 Aug 2021, 1:29 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Tird. Good moaning to you both.

How did you son's shoulder x-ray go, Lost?

The shoulder is mending, slowly and he's getting more movement back. However this morning he had his 5th xray in the last 3 weeks. He's got air in the chest cavity outside the lung (pneumothorax). Its not enough to warrant anything invasive but they are keeping an eye on it whilst trying to work out why its there and what they should do. He's back in again on Wednesday for another x-ray and hopefully a meeting with a consultant. He'll also get a CT scan at some point.

The good news is he doesn't have to put the lights on in his room anymore.

I've had a pueumothorax and it was incredibly painful. A bit of a mystery too but I think I tore the lining of the chest cavity through over rigorous exercise or had a weak spot from an infection when I returned from Vietnam and then somehow stretched and tore the lining. Maybe a combination of both. Luckily it was my right side; if it's on the left near the heart it can be fatal. After struggling through work I went to the local GP who then got me rushed to hospital.

They gave me some morphine (or similar) and stuck a stent between my ribs into the cavity. There was immediate relief as the air pressure equalised. I'll never forget the scan of my lung... it looked like a mini inflated airship. Amazing how it regained it's shape once they did the little hole in my side.

Is your eldest son tall? Apparently tall people are more susceptible. I was told I'll never be able to go deep sea diving or climb high mountain. So the Mariana Trench and the Everest are out for me.

As long as you weren't planning to run the cricket comp from either, I don't see any problem.

guildfordbat

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:03 pm

Nice to see you back, Guildford!

Don't worry. I plan to remain at or around sea level for that.

I was just reading the cricket thread. Can't believe all the injuries and missing players. It just goes from bad to worse, doesn't it?

In news over here, I see Beefy has been appointed as UK Trade Ambassador to Australia.
As long as he doesn't repeat: "Aussies are big and empty, just like their country." he should do well importing our wines to your tables.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:05 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Nice to see you back, Guildford!

Don't worry. I plan to remain at or around sea level for that.

I was just reading the cricket thread. Can't believe all the injuries and missing players. It just goes from bad to worse, doesn't it?

In news over here, I see Beefy has been appointed as UK Trade Ambassador to Australia.
As long as he doesn't repeat: "Aussies are big and empty, just like their country." he should do well importing our wines to your tables.

There's no place for the truth when you're an Ambassador.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:17 pm

Fantastic cricketer but a moron outside of that, plus his descendants play rugby for Wales.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:55 pm

lostinwales wrote:Fantastic cricketer but a moron outside of that, plus his descendants play rugby for Wales.

Superfly glassed Beefy once, at Lords. Chivved him straight in his mouth.

That is a true story as well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon 23 Aug 2021, 2:56 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Fantastic cricketer but a moron outside of that, plus his descendants play rugby for Wales.

Superfly glassed Beefy once, at Lords. Chivved him straight in his mouth.

That is a true story as well.

He had it f*cking coming to him. Anyway, I need to get back to making new friends on the rugby board (those guys love me over there).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 23 Aug 2021, 3:52 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
superflyweight wrote:I'm back from holiday - what's been happening?  

I've been trying to help Galted with surviving in the North but he is being uncharacteristically ungrateful so he can go and boil his head.

I am grateful but, as ungratefulness is a cornerstone of Northernness, I have to pretend otherwise, as much as it torments me.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Aug 2021, 7:45 am

Unmichaelsing fist.

The rugby board members have the unique ability to make the golfing board members appear to be some of the greatest thinkers of our time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:07 am

Galted wrote:Unmichaelsing fist.

The rugby board members have the unique ability to make the golfing board members appear to be some of the greatest thinkers of our time.

Sicond. Increased blows to the head plus your basic nationalism. There are of course some excellent posters and some less so.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:14 am

There are some decent ones but, as with the golf boards, the more idiotic contributors are the most entertaining.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:17 am

Tird. The golf board has the advantage of the non-golf thread - saves having to read anything related to golf.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:32 am

That gold board is beyond hope. Yesterday I made what I would describe as a brilliant joke on the "Wedge Recommendations" thread and it's been met with nothing but stony silence.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:40 am

I've just looked at it. Excellent work supes. I thought of a funny reply but for some reason I don't want to derail a genuine sports related thread any further. Plenty of opportunities elsewhere.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:44 am

Me too. I laughed.

I've slipped a few wisecracks in the other non-golf discussion thread and was also met by silence. I'm not convinced they are a particularly happy bunch of posers/posies/posters.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Aug 2021, 9:58 am

Grooves, bounce, grind, shaft upgrades - the Wedge thread makes for some erotic reading.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 24 Aug 2021, 10:01 am

Galted wrote:Grooves, bounce, grind, shaft upgrades - the Wedge thread makes for some erotic reading.

I've never come over anything quite like that.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 24 Aug 2021, 10:28 am

superflyweight wrote:That gold board is beyond hope.  Yesterday I made what I would describe as a brilliant joke on the "Wedge Recommendations" thread and it's been met with nothing but stony silence.  

Comedy gold?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 24 Aug 2021, 10:36 am

They don't deserve us.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 24 Aug 2021, 12:10 pm

Unmichaelsing.

We've had a fractious relationship over the years but Superfly doesn't deserve to michaels the thread on his second day back.

Respect is earned, not given.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Aug 2021, 12:25 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Me too. I laughed.

I've slipped a few wisecracks in the other non-golf discussion thread and was also met by silence. I'm not convinced they are a particularly happy bunch of posers/posies/posters.

I've replied to supes' wedge post. With a bit of luck it will irritate super_insecure (like everything else does).

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 24 Aug 2021, 1:09 pm

Good work Jules.

Thanks Tina - it's stuff like that which means I'll always hold you in slightly higher regard than some other posters.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 24 Aug 2021, 1:58 pm

Galted has done some terrific work on that wedge thread

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Aug 2021, 2:16 pm

lostinwales wrote:Galted has done some terrific work on that wedge thread

Cheers, LIW. It can be quite nerve-wracking waiting for the first review but yours made the fear worthwhile.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 24 Aug 2021, 2:28 pm

Lovely work Galted. Now that the weightlifting board is as dead as the steroid abusers who used to frequent it, the golf boards are ripe for innuendo based humour.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 24 Aug 2021, 2:34 pm

I l*lled out loud.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 24 Aug 2021, 2:47 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I l*lled out loud.

Cracking work all around. Almost makes golf interesting.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Aug 2021, 4:10 pm

superflyweight wrote:Lovely work Galted.  Now that the weightlifting board is as dead as the steroid abusers who used to frequent it, the golf boards are ripe for innuendo based humour.  

Never fully appreciated the weightlifting board at the time. Does bring back wonderful memories.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 24 Aug 2021, 4:24 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I was pumping some iron in the gym yesterday, when the trainer pointed out that the hole in the weights was supposed to be for attaching them to a bar.

This classic from michaels is one of my favourites.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 24 Aug 2021, 5:25 pm

superflyweight wrote:
seanmichaels wrote:I was pumping some iron in the gym yesterday, when the trainer pointed out that the hole in the weights was supposed to be for attaching them to a bar.

This classic from michaels is one of my favourites.

L*l out loud. He was taken from us far too soon.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Aug 2021, 8:38 am

Split day fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 8:52 am

Sicond. Nothing more, nothing less.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 Aug 2021, 9:13 am

Split Tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Aug 2021, 9:14 am

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird! It was tird

(no it wasn't, *sigh)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 Aug 2021, 9:17 am

I prefer your tird to my tird, LiW. Please go ahead and take the tird.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 25 Aug 2021, 10:04 am

I appreciate the fort

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Aug 2021, 10:05 am

Excellent work, LIW.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 10:58 am

Is it time to start jostling for position for the thread split?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 25 Aug 2021, 11:34 am

Whose ego needs it the most?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 25 Aug 2021, 4:26 pm

Unmichaels. Think Jules should have the thread split after being treated so shabbily today.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=70359

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20