The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alvarez vs Plant Back On.

3 posters

Go down

Alvarez vs Plant Back On. Empty Alvarez vs Plant Back On.

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 20 Aug 2021, 10:30 am

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/58276967

It seems that Canelo is continuing his inexorable rise to get all the SMW belts, with Plant's IBF Belt being the only one left.

Plant is talented but I can't see anything but a win for Alvarez - Plant is not knocking him out anytime soon and won't win a decision.

I see a Canelo stoppage in about 11 rounds.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Alvarez vs Plant Back On. Empty Re: Alvarez vs Plant Back On.

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Fri 20 Aug 2021, 2:00 pm

I see it sooner primarily because Plant has been trying to avoid this fight and must have got a great deal...

Beaten in his head already I think and is cashing out...

Retires on his stool after 7 and waits for Canelo to vacate..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Fri 20 Aug 2021, 2:08 pm

I thought that Plant had actually called out Canelo some time ago? However Truss, I think you're bang on the money in that he will "cash out". It'll be a career high purse for him and any debts he might have would be taken care of.

I really hope that we don't see Plant doing a Callum Smith & being as passive as possible.

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Sep 2021, 10:20 am

Alvarez and Plant got into it at the press conference. Alvarez pushed Plant. Both started swinging punches. Plant ended up with a cut under his eye.
Plant ripping into Alvarez’s PEDs past. For someone claiming he never willingly took PEDs, there was on denial from the Mexican...

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Wed 22 Sep 2021, 2:47 pm

Canelo alleging that Plant said something about his Mum Very Happy It's like kids in a playground. Canelo knows he cheated but got caught.

I know he's got next to no chance of winning, but #TeamPlant

Mr Bounce

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Mon 27 Sep 2021, 11:13 am

Yeah I'd love Plant to pull this off. He's a good boxer, not without skill, but his best performances at championship level so far (Uzcategui and Feigunbutz) were against guys who were tailor-made for him.

I like the fact that, unlike many Canelo opponents in recent years, he's not just happy to be there and isn't talking in reverent tones about him (albeit you never know if that confidence is going to suddenly drain away once he's in there). I don't think he'll just turn up to surrender the title like Smith did, or put in a, shall we say, curious performance like Kovalev...But I'm not sure if he's got that extra level to his game to see this one out, even though Canelo is just begging to be outboxed by a really smooth operator one of these days, in my opinion.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down