The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+15
westisbest
Duty281
JAS
Galted
superflyweight
I'm never wrong
JuliusHMarx
lostinwales
Davie
dynamark
McLaren
Soul Requiem
pedro
beninho
super_realist
19 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon 16 Aug 2021, 3:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

beninho wrote:Should we be there?

Well if you dont mind whats happening now and support sharia law then I guess not.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 2:53 pm

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Has the university refused a place if soneone doesn't tick the box? I read its been around for ages?

Why ask it if they don't?

Have you got the answer?

Apparently its part of an application declaration.  Why would a university ask such a question? Whats it got to do with them?

No idea. I've not applied.  It doesn't bother me, and it seeks that it doesn't bother the vast majority of people at the University, according to what they've said. It's been in place for years, and only a handful have raised issues.

It seems a bigger issue for people who haven't applied then for people who have.

If you've ever been to St Andrew's youd know why they hadnt had complaints.
You still havent answered why they want to know.

By the way, if you answer that you think equality os treating everyone the same, that returns a wrong answer and you have to try again.
Similarly if you dont agree that acknowledging personal guilt is a good way to address personal bias then you have to start again.

None of us should have guilt.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 2:59 pm

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:Has the university refused a place if soneone doesn't tick the box? I read its been around for ages?

Why ask it if they don't?

Have you got the answer?

Apparently its part of an application declaration.  Why would a university ask such a question? Whats it got to do with them?

No idea. I've not applied.  It doesn't bother me, and it seeks that it doesn't bother the vast majority of people at the University, according to what they've said. It's been in place for years, and only a handful have raised issues.

It seems a bigger issue for people who haven't applied then for people who have.

If you've ever been to St Andrew's youd know why they hadnt had complaints.
You still havent answered why they want to know.

By the way, if you answer that you think equality os treating everyone the same, that returns a wrong answer and you have to try again.
Similarly if you dont agree that acknowledging personal guilt is a good way to address personal bias then you have to start again.


None of us should have guilt.

That's worth reading up on - what's the link?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 3:04 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

I think you are, like me, a white middle class male. Every single one of those identifiers has conferred some advantage to us. Can you really dispute that? If you don't acknowledge that all you are doing is inflating your abilities, and can you really lie to yourself like that?

Even if that is true, why  would  i have to sign a declaration to "admit" that and why should i feel guilt for an accident of Birth simply to be gain access to a university course ?

Do I have British privilege for being born into a first world country? Should i feel guilt for that? Maybe I should have Athlete Guilt for being better at sport tham most people? Should I have hair guilt because I  have hair over those who are bald?  Should I have income guilt because I earn more money than another white middle class male?

Im fine with the knowledge that as someone born in Britain, Europe, the west, a developed country I have advantage over someone who isn't from a country with such resources but why do I have to attest to that in the form of a declaration? Why should I feel guilt for where and when i was born and what my colour is?
Should i feel guilt that Ive been born with certain talents, a healthy body?
Should I feel development guilt that im born in the scientific age and not the dark ages?

Athlete.  Shocked

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7889
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:17 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

I think you are, like me, a white middle class male. Every single one of those identifiers has conferred some advantage to us. Can you really dispute that? If you don't acknowledge that all you are doing is inflating your abilities, and can you really lie to yourself like that?

Even if that is true, why  would  i have to sign a declaration to "admit" that and why should i feel guilt for an accident of Birth simply to be gain access to a university course ?

Do I have British privilege for being born into a first world country? Should i feel guilt for that? Maybe I should have Athlete Guilt for being better at sport tham most people? Should I have hair guilt because I  have hair over those who are bald?  Should I have income guilt because I earn more money than another white middle class male?

Im fine with the knowledge that as someone born in Britain, Europe, the west, a developed country I have advantage over someone who isn't from a country with such resources but why do I have to attest to that in the form of a declaration? Why should I feel guilt for where and when i was born and what my colour is?
Should i feel guilt that Ive been born with certain talents, a healthy body?
Should I feel development guilt that im born in the scientific age and not the dark ages?

Athlete.  Shocked

Why is that shocking? Of the sports i do I'm in the top 1%, so should I have guilt because of the 99% i'm better than?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:23 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

I think you are, like me, a white middle class male. Every single one of those identifiers has conferred some advantage to us. Can you really dispute that? If you don't acknowledge that all you are doing is inflating your abilities, and can you really lie to yourself like that?

Even if that is true, why  would  i have to sign a declaration to "admit" that and why should i feel guilt for an accident of Birth simply to be gain access to a university course ?

Do I have British privilege for being born into a first world country? Should i feel guilt for that? Maybe I should have Athlete Guilt for being better at sport tham most people? Should I have hair guilt because I  have hair over those who are bald?  Should I have income guilt because I earn more money than another white middle class male?

Im fine with the knowledge that as someone born in Britain, Europe, the west, a developed country I have advantage over someone who isn't from a country with such resources but why do I have to attest to that in the form of a declaration? Why should I feel guilt for where and when i was born and what my colour is?
Should i feel guilt that Ive been born with certain talents, a healthy body?
Should I feel development guilt that im born in the scientific age and not the dark ages?

Athlete.  Shocked

Why is that shocking? Of the sports i do I'm in the top 1%, so should I have guilt because of the 99% i'm better than?

No.
What do you play apart from golf?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:32 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

I think you are, like me, a white middle class male. Every single one of those identifiers has conferred some advantage to us. Can you really dispute that? If you don't acknowledge that all you are doing is inflating your abilities, and can you really lie to yourself like that?

Even if that is true, why  would  i have to sign a declaration to "admit" that and why should i feel guilt for an accident of Birth simply to be gain access to a university course ?

Do I have British privilege for being born into a first world country? Should i feel guilt for that? Maybe I should have Athlete Guilt for being better at sport tham most people? Should I have hair guilt because I  have hair over those who are bald?  Should I have income guilt because I earn more money than another white middle class male?

Im fine with the knowledge that as someone born in Britain, Europe, the west, a developed country I have advantage over someone who isn't from a country with such resources but why do I have to attest to that in the form of a declaration? Why should I feel guilt for where and when i was born and what my colour is?
Should i feel guilt that Ive been born with certain talents, a healthy body?
Should I feel development guilt that im born in the scientific age and not the dark ages?

Athlete.  Shocked

Why is that shocking? Of the sports i do I'm in the top 1%, so should I have guilt because of the 99% i'm better than?

I'd be more concerned about getting through the door with that massive f*cking head of yours.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7889
Join date : 2011-01-26

westisbest likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:41 pm

Its not a big head, I was stating a fact and using it as one of many  examples of what  I may be coerced into feeling guilt about.
If a university expects me to admit to "white guilt" which would be unrelated to any study I was doing, what else should I be feeling "guilt" over.

Not everyone is born with the same opportunities and you cannot always achieve what you want or what anyone else might, but thats no reason to suggest I ought to feel guilt (or envy), nor is it anything I even need to acknowledge unless it is related to something where it is actually relevant.

Why "white guilt" and not any other sort of contrived "guilt"

Guilt is a terrible word for it anyway as it implies I am responsible and did it on purpose.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:44 pm

Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:55 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

It's impressive. Just goes to show there is something to celebrate in everyone if you look hard enough.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 4:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

It's impressive. Just goes to show there is something to celebrate in everyone if you look hard enough.

The question is, should I feel guilt about that, and if not, why should I feel white guilt?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:00 pm

Who is telling you to feel guilt?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:01 pm

And surely every job application has something on equality, no obe says its about treating everyone the same. Do they?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:03 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7889
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:04 pm

beninho wrote:Who is telling you to feel guilt?

Universities are asking the question if feeling white guilt is a good way to acknowledge subconscious bias

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?  

Position/entrants.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:05 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

It's impressive. Just goes to show there is something to celebrate in everyone if you look hard enough.

The question  is, should I feel guilt about that, and if not, why should I feel white guilt?

I've already answered both of those questions as 'No', imho.

Can you post the link I asked for previously?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:08 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?  

Position/entrants.

So in the top 1% in that race?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7889
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?  

Position/entrants.

So in the top 1% in that race?  

Not quite but near enough, but have been top 1% in other ones.


What link are you after?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:11 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?  

Position/entrants.

So in the top 1% in that race?  

Not quite but near enough, but have been top 1% in other ones.


What link are you after?

Where you put "By the way, if you answer that you think equality os treating everyone the same, that returns a wrong answer and you have to try again.
Similarly if you dont agree that acknowledging personal guilt is a good way to address personal bias then you have to start again."

The link to where you found that info.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:11 pm

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?  

Position/entrants.

So in the top 1% in that race?  

Not quite but near enough, but have been top 1% in other ones.

Congratulations - impressive. Not top 1% overall as your original post suggested - although roughly top 4-5% of men who enter marathons, which is still not to be sniffed at.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7889
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:14 pm

It's daily mail, I think. Its where I got the questions posed

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:15 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

Im a runner and recently ran London in under 2:55, and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

How far under 2:55 and where are you getting your metrics that put that in the top 1%?  

Position/entrants.

So in the top 1% in that race?  

Not quite but near enough, but have been top 1% in other ones.


What link are you after?

Where you put "By the way, if you answer that you think equality os treating everyone the same, that returns a wrong answer and you have to try again.
Similarly if you dont agree that acknowledging personal guilt is a good way to address personal bias then you have to start again."

The link to where you found that info.

JFGI.
The University didnt deny the reports about it, it simply tried to brush it under the carpet by saying only one person had complained in 5 years, which is irrelevant tonwjether they ask it

Whether you acknowledge your own white privilege, or any other sort of privilege has Sweet FA to do with them.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:21 pm

It's up to them to decide what is important to them. I'm sure you wouldn't want to cancel that right. If people don't like it, they can go to a different Uni.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:33 pm

beninho wrote:Language changes, I'm sure no one on here says the N word

Ehhmm yeah... of course we don't Wink
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:35 pm

super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

... and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
This is significant news super! You only got to scratch last year and are now at +2? Well done clap
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by 88Chris05 Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:38 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
beninho wrote:Of course it was Gareth Keenan. Such a great show. "I think there's been a r*** up their" is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

I was having an argument with someone t'other day about this. They were banging on about the US Office being "far superior" than the UK version. I haven't actually seen the US version so couldn't really comment on that but he said he found the UK version "too cringeworthy".

I think you're missing the point you bell end.

Well there are no fart jokes or pie in the face gags in the UK version, so I could see why the Americans might have a hard time digesting and understanding it.
88Chris05
88Chris05
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 9407
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 34
Location : Nottingham

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:52 pm

incontinentia wrote:
super_realist wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:Apart from playing golf at scratch, what other sports do you play?

... and im +2 at golf, not scratch so stick that in your pipe and smoke it.
This is significant news super! You only got to scratch last year and are now at +2? Well done clap

Several sub par rounds Inco. Slower swing = greater accuracy, even hit 18 GIR last week.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu 21 Oct 2021, 5:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:It's up to them to decide what is important to them. I'm sure you wouldn't want to cancel that right. If people don't like it, they can go to a different Uni.

Of course they can, but why would a university be interested as to whether i agree if I should recognise my "white guilt"?

If its not related in any way to my degree, what's it got to do with the price of fish?
If they asked whether I agree that ham and cheese is the best sandwich filling, what use would that be to them?
The point is that Ben claimed that it was only a minority that were "woke" (or anti woke) but it seems it is insidiously spreading to areas where it has no business.

Why are they asking about "white guilt" and not any other element of guilt? Knowing St Andrews and how white it is, theyd be better focussing  on "wealth guilt" and "home counties guilt"

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 21 Oct 2021, 6:29 pm

I'm guessing they don't give 2 shats what you think. Unless you go there, and accepted it anyway.

I actually think a vast majority are woke, as we shoukd be, but a small minority are extremely woke.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Thu 21 Oct 2021, 6:45 pm

So, what's the guess for the next lockdown? End of November early December, to save Christmas?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Davie Thu 21 Oct 2021, 6:57 pm

beninho wrote:So, what's the guess for the next lockdown? End of November early December, to save Christmas?

I don't think there will be another lockdown - but if there is it will be in January.

Davie

Posts : 7817
Join date : 2011-01-27
Age : 61
Location : Berkshire

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 21 Oct 2021, 11:03 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Super

Not sure drinks companies are on the same level as the Saudis, gambling companies are however getting close. And anyway, do you really disagree with the Saudi regime that much? A bit rich of you to say football has no morals.

As for the players taking a knee, what would the business dealings of their club have to do with a protest they want to make?

My point Mac is the contradictory beliefs, double standards and hypocrisy of both fans, club and new owners. How can you be in favour of the pointless gesture of "taking the knee" ( what was wrong with "Kick it Out"? ") , but simulataneously approve of your club being owned by a seriously dodgy regime like  the Saudis.

How can the Saudis, which run a theocratic, islamist, backward country be associated with a club sponsored by alcohol companies and betting firms which are contrary to their disgusting and backward religion? Thats hypocrisy.

If you are genuinely the sort of person who wants to make a contrived and ineffective gesture against racism, why would you continue to support a club which is financed by a regime that stones adulterers, treats women as second class citizens, dismembers journalists, executes people in football stadiums and kills gay people?  Is racism unacceptable and intolerable but those other things are fine as long as they buy players for your club? How easily football fans are bought and how easily they excuse the obvious wrongs of their owners.

This a a club who used to want rid of Mike Ashley because he treated his staff poorly, but apparently Saudi ownership is deemed more acceptable. You couldnt make it up.

You cannot have it both ways and Newcastle fans and players shoyld be embarrassed to play for and support the club and pretend to be worried about racism.

I guess it goes to show that even though premier league footballers are in the top 1% of their sport, they can still be d!cks.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21147
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Oct 2021, 8:20 am

beninho wrote:I'm guessing they don't give 2 shats what you think. Unless you go there, and accepted it anyway.

I actually think a vast majority are woke, as we shoukd be, but a small minority are extremely woke.  

No, most people are normal, they dont go out of their  way to use absurd language  amd substitute words so they can potentially protect a miniscule % of the population who hasnt even asked for such changes in the first place.

The ironic thing is its actually  middle class white people dictating this and telling minorities which words they should be offended by.

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

incontinentia likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Oct 2021, 8:23 am

Davie wrote:
beninho wrote:So, what's the guess for the next lockdown? End of November early December, to save Christmas?

I don't think there will be another lockdown - but if there is it will be in January.

Good luck getting that to work.
People are no longer content to beleive that their purpose in life is to protect the NHS amd they simply wont do it anymore.

The return to mask wearing on the Westminster benches by Labour is a laughable exercise and demonstration considering none were wearing them at the Labour conference 2 weeks ago

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Oct 2021, 8:29 am

Will Alec Baldwin go to jail for the manslaughter of that lady on the filmset under American law or is it considered an industrial accident?

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by incontinentia Fri 22 Oct 2021, 8:39 am

super_realist wrote:Will Alec Baldwin go to jail for the manslaughter of that lady on the filmset under American law or is it considered an industrial accident?
Doesnt seem like he's in trouble just yet. How do you kill someone with a prop gun that fires blanks?

Edit: https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/prop-gun-using-blanks-still-052227936.html

"As for the question of criminal responsibility, that’s for law enforcement to investigate. But it must be noted that in the vast majority of cases, the person who pulled the trigger wasn’t remotely at fault. They were handed a prop and assured it would function normally — and it didn’t."
incontinentia
incontinentia

Posts : 3788
Join date : 2012-01-06
Location : Ireland

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Soul Requiem Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:03 am

Reminds me of Brandon Lee dying on the set of 'The Crow'. The ruling in that case was death due to negligence, unsure of the details beyond that.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5588
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:28 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I'm guessing they don't give 2 shats what you think. Unless you go there, and accepted it anyway.

I actually think a vast majority are woke, as we shoukd be, but a small minority are extremely woke.  

No, most people are normal, they dont go out of their  way to use absurd language  amd substitute words so they can potentially protect a miniscule % of the population who hasnt even asked for such changes in the first place.

The ironic thing is its actually  middle class white people dictating this and telling minorities which words they should be offended by.

If you, are speaking with someone from a minority group including lgbtq+, or even anyone, do you moderate your language so as not to offend them?

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

I'm sure someone will be held responsible for the death, but probably not Alec Baldwin.

beninho

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri 22 Oct 2021, 9:41 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I'm guessing they don't give 2 shats what you think. Unless you go there, and accepted it anyway.

I actually think a vast majority are woke, as we shoukd be, but a small minority are extremely woke.  

No, most people are normal, they dont go out of their  way to use absurd language  amd substitute words so they can potentially protect a miniscule % of the population who hasnt even asked for such changes in the first place.

The ironic thing is its actually  middle class white people dictating this and telling minorities which words they should be offended by.

If you, are speaking with someone from a minority group including lgbtq+, or even anyone, do you moderate your language so as not to offend them?

Not in the terms that youd like me to.
I wouldnt for example use the term "birthing parent" as thats an absurd label.

First of all, i dont even know what would "offend" them without asking would I? I would I (or you) know that they wouldn't find the term "birthing parent" derogatory, demeaning or offensive?

Also, if someone is inadvertedly "offended" by sometbing I say, and i haven't deliberatley been provocative or deliberately inflammatory then their offence is their problem. I can correct it in future, but its just offence and you dont have a right to not be offended, so if I make a remark that I didnt know or coukdnt possibly have any idea it "might offend" then its not really my fault, as another person from the same minority group probably wouldn't be offended. Whether they are offended is their own subjective reaction, (and before you get your usual comprehension mix up im not talking about N words or calling someone a P as that is clearly defined)

Do you want me to carry around a clipboard of sanctioned and acceptable terms?


-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=70432

super_realist

Posts : 27802
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 20 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum