The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 13 Oct 2021, 10:38 am

Galted wrote:I believe it was down.  Decided to visit the site while standing in the doorway and waiting for my cat to finish inspecting the hallway.  Wasn't too impressed to find I couldn't access it and was even less impressed when she seemed to sense this and took far longer than she normally does - 20 minutes for a bit of threshold sniffing and arse-licking (the cat).

Better to shed those licked arse hairs in the corridor than on your face in the bed at night I suppose. Does Galtova allow the cat on the bed?

The site was down earlier. I'd just written a bit of a rant on the cricket thread (about commentary teams) and the site went offline. Think it's a maintenance thing. So I did the right click 'copy text' to save what I'd written. Then rebooted thinking the problem was something to do with my laptop. The site still wasn't working after the full reboot. Then I did a quick restart which obviously cleared the memory cache... so I lost everything.

It's probably better I didn't submit that post in the end. I might have upset some sensitive souls. At least I got those thoughts out of my system and sort of got them 'down on paper' instead.

Jeez, Alan Jones, the ex-Wallabies coach, is having a good go at everything going in the world. Have him on in the background... about to change channel. The bloke never shuts up (fast talker too) but he is right on a few things. We call him The Parrot. Should be The After Dark Parrot.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 11 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 13 Oct 2021, 10:42 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:I believe it was down.  Decided to visit the site while standing in the doorway and waiting for my cat to finish inspecting the hallway.  Wasn't too impressed to find I couldn't access it and was even less impressed when she seemed to sense this and took far longer than she normally does - 20 minutes for a bit of threshold sniffing and arse-licking (the cat).

Better to shed those licked arse hairs in the corridor than on your face in the bed at night I suppose. Does Galtova allow the cat on the bed?

Yep, quite often end up with the cat, Galtova and Junior in the bed in the early hours of the morning, I tend to be pinned in the corner with my head against the wall, unable to move without waking anyone or pissing off the cat.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 13 Oct 2021, 10:49 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Yep, quite often end up with the cat, Galtova and Junior in the bed in the early hours of the morning, I tend to be pinned in the corner with my head against the wall, unable to move without waking anyone or pissing off the cat.

Mate, I hope you don't wake up with a sore neck or anything... being pinned in the corner.

Had a slight problem last year waking up feeling a bit sore around the neck/hips/waist area. Think I was sleeping in an odd position and sort of twisting the torso... so to speak. So I now make sure I fall asleep with the proper sideways posture. Felt funny on the knee and ankles at first but you're automatically straightening your spine sleeping that way. Better breathing too which makes you feel properly refreshed when you wake up.
All the pain is gone too. Nothing worse than waking up with a sore neck, right? Wink

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Oct 2021, 11:05 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Cats are banned from our bedroom. One of them does her best to keep one of my sons up at night by stomping all over him at all hours. Love the little b@stards but b@stards they are.

There was the time pre kids when the previous ones were allowed in the bedroom. We used to shut them in the house at night but it didn't stop one chasing a frog under the bed at 6AM one time

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 13 Oct 2021, 11:18 am

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Cats are banned from our bedroom. One of them does her best to keep one of my sons up at night by stomping all over him at all hours. Love the little b@stards but b@stards they are.

There was the time pre kids when the previous ones were allowed in the bedroom. We used to shut them in the house at night but it didn't stop one chasing a frog under the bed at 6AM one time

Oh, so you've had French Airbnb guests too? There are no taboos when it gets down to sleeping arrangements... or teasing le chat.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Oct 2021, 11:20 am

Pal Joey wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Oh, so you've had French Airbnb guests too? There are no taboos when it gets down to sleeping arrangements... or teasing le chat.

In this case it was the slimey green on..... Oh yes I get your point.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 13 Oct 2021, 11:57 am

I'm not Renton Laidlaw.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 13 Oct 2021, 12:38 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Renton Laidlaw.

Glad to hear it (Who was Renton Laidlaw?)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 14 Oct 2021, 8:00 am

Renton Laidlaw, fist, was a golf commentator. He had the same first name as the surname of Trainspotting character Mark Renton, so very likely died of a massive heroin overdose.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 14 Oct 2021, 8:10 am

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Wife no longer allows cats in the bedroom. I never minded them but have to admit was a little disconcerting when one came in at 2 am and flung a rather squishy (deceased) small rodent against the side of the bed...

Probably better than stepping on said deceased rodent in the hallway at 6 am , I thought.

No frogs though.

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Thu 14 Oct 2021, 8:17 am

PJ : I trust you are going to have another go at your rant re commentary teams on the cricket thread ? Bit quiet on there lately : hence my cautious venture into this rather specialized section of the site...

alfie

Pal Joey and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 14 Oct 2021, 8:18 am

Hibbz!!!   Alfie!!!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Oct 2021, 8:24 am

Galted wrote:Hibbz!!!   Alfie!!!

What's it all about?

Technically tird, despite the lack of of an explicit sicond.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 14 Oct 2021, 9:02 am

Lost count. Mornin'

I walked into a post earlier this week. Fairly impervious to the direct damage this involved, but my glasses went flying off my face and I then managed to step on them. I have been sitting in my home office with my shades on instead.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 14 Oct 2021, 9:07 am

lostinwales wrote:Lost count. Mornin'

I walked into a post earlier this week. Fairly impervious to the direct damage this involved, but my glasses went flying off my face and I then managed to step on them. I have been sitting in my home office with my shades on instead.

Glad I wasn't about, I find it impossible to avoid laughing hysterically when such things happen.  A couple of years back a mate walked b*llocks-first into a bollard while deep in conversation, he was in obvious distress and I managed to bottle up the laughter for a good few minutes but that just made it all the worse when I did finally succumb.  My feeble explanation that I was laughing at something else I'd rememberd wasn't believed.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Oct 2021, 9:16 am

Any post traumatic stress?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 14 Oct 2021, 10:03 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

clap clap

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Oct 2021, 11:55 am

alfie wrote:PJ : I trust you are going to have another go at your rant re commentary teams on the cricket thread ?  Bit quiet on there lately :  hence my cautious venture into this rather specialized  section of the site...

Alfie, you know it was quite annoying. I did a bit of research just to make sure sure I got some of the names right. So I had already made a few edits before I was satisfied enough with the tone and content before posting. Then the site went down.  Laugh

To quickly summarise: maybe I'll say something similar (or just cut & paste this one) on the new cricket thread should the need arise.

I was simply pointing out that Beefy had been signed up to join the commentary team. Which one I'm not sure. Either Ch7 or Fox Sports or both probably? I then had a little go at the Sky commentary team after there was some discussion about dreading listening/watching the commentary for the upcoming series. I tend to agree with those sentiments but I was just highlighting that the same can be said about the Sky UK commentary teams. After all, we've just been through the NZ tour, World Championship Trophy and the curtailed series v. India. That was quite intense, wasn't it?

You'll probably recall I'm not a huge fan of Michael Atherton. His voice has a sedative affect on me and there's also the dirt-in-pocket saga.
Nasser Hussain -  he's such a know it all NOW... but he was a below average test player and captain back then. He's fast running out of superlatives when it comes to England players and performances in particular. If I hear "outstanding" one more time, I'll scream!

Then there's David "Bumble" Lloyd. He worse than an idiotic court jester. I think he's got a huge chip on his shoulder (about Australians obviously) and a bad temper which he hides very well when on air. I totally agree what Thommo said of him - but I guess only he can say that.

I've nothing against Andrew Strauss, Ian Ward, Rob Key, Mark Butcher... BUT... they are oh so boring to listen to. I can't help but like Mikey "India-in-a-spot-of-bother!" Holding and I don't mind seeing Ebony Rainford-Brent's smiley face when I'm making another cup of tea at 2am here but I'm not really paying much attention to any of her unique cricketing insights. Shame on me...

Now for the Australians. Most UK posters have probably never heard of some of them. You're lucky then.

Well, firstly, I'm glad Michael Slater got the boot for his silly tweet earlier in the year. That's a great way to get rid of him. I'll never forgive him for checking out of the team hotel and throwing a hissy fit when he was axed from the team during the 2001 Ashes. I just find his voice irritating along with the constant silly chuckles... to himself.

I then went on to say when I tire of a particular commentary pairing and I'm too lazy to hit the MUTE button, I sometimes retire to the bedroom and have the radio (ABC Grandstand or SEN) on low volume and see how long I can stay alert to what's happening. Sometimes I get woken up when there's a cluster of wickets and hear all the excited hollerin' going on.

Gerard Whateley I find irritating. He should stick to calling horse races - where I'll never hear him. Andy Maher - seems like too much of a try hard journalist type for my liking. Who the hell is he... and more importantly: which 'expert' hired that voice? I put him in the same basket as Mark Howard, another try-too-hard wannabe who likes asking players embarrassing questions about "how much money they made?" with some IPL franchise. He's devoid of any sophistication and humility in my opinion. He's a shameless nobody who is being paid far too much for his low-brow 'inputs' to the game.

As for Brad Hodge -  there's a bit of comic value listening to his unpolished drawl but he does set a high bar for himself and the players... which is good. Similarly with Simon Katich. He always sounds a little angry and perhaps too aggressive on air but I like his technical insights and inputs. Ditto Darren Berry and even Bryce McGain who sound pleasant, know what they are talking about and are generally worth listening to.

I used to be a little wary of listening to Punter at first. He voice was (or still is) a bit raw but it seems as though somebody has tried to polish him up for the media over the last few years. What I like about his style is that he keeps on track, he's very astute about all of the major aspects as well as the minor nuances of the game. OK, he's quite serious... maybe too competitive still (and still a bad loser) but he's probably what Warne could have been like on air if he'd 'played his cards right' (I hate those gambling references). Instead we get all Warne's over-boisterous, cringe-worthy and downright silly comments. I don't care who he is or what he's done - the Director needs to pull him aside and put a stop to certain comments he makes... e.g. about baked beans or spaghetti in a tin on tour, pizzas, pies and those completely irrelevant Aussie topics... which he gets wrong half the time anyway.

Alfie, I was (before the site went down) going to ask you about some of the ex-AFL footballers on SEN who also call the cricket. I'm not so familiar with a few of them. Namely Jack Heverin, Sam Hargreaves and Liam Pickering. Is it Dwayne Russell who sounds a little like a young Dennis Cometti? If so, he has a good voice for radio. He sticks to the play and gives regular score updates, facts and figures which I consider to be very important when calling cricket on the radio. A lot of the others either don't have that basic perquisite, get side tracked by other nonsense or simply forget to let the listener know the important things at regular enough intervals... i.e. at the end end of each over usually.

Anyway; that was about it and even a bit more. My reconstructed rant. Maybe I've been watching and listening to the game for too long and have better memories of all the great commentators who not only called the game as I believe it should be called - but were far more pleasant on the ear.

I ended it with "we're all so hard to please, aren't we?"

Last edited by Pal Joey on Thu 14 Oct 2021, 12:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Oct 2021, 12:11 pm

Glad you got that off your chest PJ. You've been bottling it up for too long. You've got a safe space here.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 14 Oct 2021, 12:13 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I was with my son who compassionately made comments about 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Post'

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 14 Oct 2021, 12:19 pm

lostinwales wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

I was with my son who compassionately made comments about 'Crouching Tiger Hidden Post'

Post-modern humour.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 14 Oct 2021, 12:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:Glad you got that off your chest PJ. You've been bottling it up for too long. You've got a safe space here.

Thanks Jules. You're right. It's good to get it off my chest now.

Forgot to mention the most important thing which only you guys on here will know:

Today I read we're heading into a La Nina summer; which means above average rainfall along the east coast. A 70% chance of La Nina this year.

We had a massive thunderstorm in Sydney this afternoon. Hail the size of cherries was how they described it. Also 4 warnings for tornados in regions around here... so I was keeping my eye on the low clouds at one stage and waiting for the connection burst to the ground. Luckily that didn't happen but there was one a few weeks ago just west of here. Nothing on the American scale of such events but still scary enough. It shredded a few houses, barns and sheds near Bathurst.

Someone's dog got blown 30m through the air (in next to no time!) but landed safely. It was lucky not to get completely sucked up... l*l.

So, we could be in for an interesting Ashes series. I did some research a while back now. I think England have won 8 out of 13 Ashes series here under La Nina conditions. Not a bad thing for you guys. The last La Nina one was in 2010-11. There were massive floods in early 2011. Brisbane was practically underwater.

Team selections aside, I've just got this feeling that there will be a some low scores (both batting sides are weak... apart from 1 or 2 players) and bowling should suit medium / medium-fast seam and skiddy bowling. That could really level things up. All it takes are a few good spells and then we could see some 'frightening' collapses. It applies to both sides I reckon but England's 80-85 mph bowling speeds could prove valuable with the right line, movement and length.

Don't quote me on this - I'm not winding you guys up - but as they say: Cricket is a funny old game. I'm not convinced (as some are) that it will be all one-sided in favour of the home team.

We might get some sunny weather in SA (2nd Test) and WA (5th) and maybe Melbourne (3rd) but Brisbane (1st) and Sydney (4th) could be interesting. Usually when it's sunny here (high pressure over inland NSW/Qld/parts of SA); it's cold and wet down south. And when it's sunny in Vic/SA it can be absolutely poring down here. It's to do with prevailing NW desert winds (Vic/SA) v. onshore winds from low pressure systems in the Tasman which can affect the east coast of NSW and Qld.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 15 Oct 2021, 8:47 am

Fist.

Anything posted after PJ's revelations yesterday would've felt inadequate. The dog being sucked up into the air deserved a post of its own though.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 15 Oct 2021, 9:22 am

Post-Fist

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 15 Oct 2021, 9:27 am

That's a relief. Was starting to think 28 Days Later was really happening. Too nervous to look out my window.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Oct 2021, 11:29 am

Galted wrote:That's a relief.  Was starting to think 28 Days Later was really happening.  Too nervous to look out my window.

Decent film, that one.

28 Weeks Later was sh*te other than the beginning and the end. Could have just had a 15 minute film and it wouldn't have lost anything.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Oct 2021, 11:29 am

Accurate titling though which will please Hammersmith/Soul.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri 15 Oct 2021, 11:47 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:That's a relief.  Was starting to think 28 Days Later was really happening.  Too nervous to look out my window.

Decent film, that one.

28 Weeks Later was sh*te other than the beginning and the end. Could have just had a 15 minute film and it wouldn't have lost anything.

I did appreciate the helicopter vs mass zombies thing.

I have seen 28 days later with two different endings. One is considerably more depressing than the other.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Oct 2021, 11:54 am

lostinwales wrote:

Decent film, that one.

I did appreciate the helicopter vs mass zombies thing.

I have seen 28 days later with two different endings. One is considerably more depressing than the other.

Yep, I've seen both endings. It is a quality film if you like that kind of thing (which I do) and one I have gone back to a few times over the years.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 15 Oct 2021, 12:59 pm

28 Days starring Sandra Bullock should also get a mention. F*cking dreadful.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Oct 2021, 1:10 pm

Such a shame that Superfly is on the run from the rozzers.

The G*lf board is talking about Edinburgh. He would have loved that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 15 Oct 2021, 2:34 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Such a shame that Superfly is on the run from the rozzers.

Is super_insecure saying it's all sh1te apart from the road he lives on?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 15 Oct 2021, 3:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Such a shame that Superfly is on the run from the rozzers.

Essentially, yes.

Although Craiglockhart appears to have passed his test for non-slum which is handy as I have some friends who live in that of Edinburgh. Glad to know I can visit them without being slaughtered.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 15 Oct 2021, 5:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Essentially, yes.

Although Craiglockhart appears to have passed his test for non-slum which is handy as I have some friends who live in that of Edinburgh. Glad to know I can visit them without being slaughtered.

I've stayed near Hibernian's ground before, was ok.  Every road was called Albion though which was a bit confusing for a stranger to the area.  Presumably all the Scots assumed that I was one of their own on account of my state of perpetual drunkeness and so didn't give me a good kicking.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Oct 2021, 8:28 am

Hardly a Dickensian fist.

Morning all. I hope everyone got through the weekend unscathed... and unmaimed.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Oct 2021, 8:54 am

Present and sicond. Little bit of rain but I'll be ok.

How are things down south?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:01 am

Galted wrote:Present and sicond. Little bit of rain but I'll be ok.

Good thanks, mate. Very nice weather today. Had a few swims over the weekend and today.
Finally we can feel some freedom in the air but there's still all the messy politics dominating and ruining what should be a good place.
There are so many crooks, fear-mongers, trash, sleazebags and downright d!ckheads everywhere. I probably need to watch less news.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:17 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Good thanks, mate. Very nice weather today. Had a few swims over the weekend and today.
Finally we can feel some freedom in the air but there's still all the messy politics dominating and ruining what should be a good place.
There are so many crooks, fear-mongers, trash, sleazebags and downright d!ckheads everywhere. I probably need to watch less news.

Tird

Although I think our current lovely government is the worst and most corrupt in the modern history of the UK, by a distance, I do suspect that social media in particular is responsible for a kinds of stories coming out that probably were always there with many politicians, only they were successfully swept under the carpet in the past.

Personal good news. Sons are both in college this morning, as they were last Monday. The last time both of them were in a place of education at the same time may of been around 4 years ago.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:29 am

Pal Joey wrote:

And spend less time on the Golf forum.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:32 am

Yes, that's right. Everything is under the microscope today and can be published in a flash.

Great news about your sons, LiW. I was only thinking about my Uni days on the weekend. I was checking out the new buildings and facilities they have now... zooming in on google earth.

How lucky we were back then (with less facilities) and we'd never have dreamt what it might be like in 2020-21 with all the restrictions and closures. The things we used to whinge about at the time seem to pale into insignificance compared to the intensity of the deprivations we've seen recently. Not sure I would have coped too well in these recent circumstances.

Indeed Jules. What are they on about now? Restaurants? Nobody forces them to visit these places. I've never been to Nandos or whatever it's called.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:55 am

Went to a diner/arcade/bowling alley yesterday.  Left our kid sitting in a driving simulator while we changed shifts watching him and in those few seconds the little b*stard managed to leg it out of the far side of the arcade and get to the bowling alley where he'd earlier thrown a massive strop when I wouldn't let him f*ck up any of the games that were going on.  When I saw him he'd managed to find an empty lane and, f*ck knows how, a ball, and was launching it down the gutter despite the fact it must weigh about the same as him.  As I made my way to him he walked down the lane helping the ball on its way.  Forgot how slippery lanes are and nearly broke my neck as I charged towards him, then had to make my way down the strip between the lanes shouting abuse at him while he ignored me.  When the ball got to the end of the lane he lay down to watch where it went and I managed to grab his ankle and haul him away before he crawled in afterwards.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:58 am

Galted wrote:Went to a diner/arcade/bowling alley yesterday.  Left our kid sitting in a driving simulator while we changed shifts watching him and in those few seconds the little b*stard managed to leg it out of the far side of the arcade and get to the bowling alley where he'd earlier thrown a massive strop when I wouldn't let him f*ck up any of the games that were going on.  When I saw him he'd managed to find an empty lane and, f*ck knows how, a ball, and was launching it down the gutter despite the fact it must weigh about the same as him.  As I made my way to him he walked down the lane helping the ball on its way.  Forgot how slippery lanes are and nearly broke my neck as I charged towards him, then had to make my way down the strip between the lanes shouting abuse at him while he ignored me.  When the ball got to the end of the lane he lay down to watch where it went and I managed to grab his ankle and haul him away before he crawled in afterwards.

Child wrangling. Those were the days. How old?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Oct 2021, 9:59 am

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:Went to a diner/arcade/bowling alley yesterday.  Left our kid sitting in a driving simulator while we changed shifts watching him and in those few seconds the little b*stard managed to leg it out of the far side of the arcade and get to the bowling alley where he'd earlier thrown a massive strop when I wouldn't let him f*ck up any of the games that were going on.  When I saw him he'd managed to find an empty lane and, f*ck knows how, a ball, and was launching it down the gutter despite the fact it must weigh about the same as him.  As I made my way to him he walked down the lane helping the ball on its way.  Forgot how slippery lanes are and nearly broke my neck as I charged towards him, then had to make my way down the strip between the lanes shouting abuse at him while he ignored me.  When the ball got to the end of the lane he lay down to watch where it went and I managed to grab his ankle and haul him away before he crawled in afterwards.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:09 am

I blame the parents.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:14 am

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Seafront promenade near where we used to live. One child on a bike (5 or 6 maybe, can't remember) The other (2 or 3) in a toy car with pedals and determined to propel themselves. Stuck with the latter whilst watching the former disappear into the distance whilst working out what I was going to tell the wife. 'Memorable' days

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:15 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

I blame the parents.

I blame Sadiq Khan.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:16 am

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Seafront promenade near where we used to live. One child on a bike (5 or 6 maybe, can't remember) The other (2 or 3) in a toy car with pedals and determined to propel themselves. Stuck with the latter whilst watching the former disappear into the distance whilst working out what I was going to tell the wife. 'Memorable' days

Having two kids is too frightening to comprehend.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:17 am

Did he get a strike? Or a spare?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:18 am

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

Having two kids is too frightening to comprehend.

I agree.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon 18 Oct 2021, 10:19 am

Did he get a strike? Or a spare?

A spare, there were too many witnesses about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next