The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Aug 26, 2021 3:28 am

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:38 pm

Try another continent.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 15 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:46 pm

Costa Rica Nicaragua and Peru PANAMA. No I would not have got it without Jules

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu Oct 28, 2021 10:52 pm

That's it. The Costa Rica bit stood out immediately for me and the rest was a formality so was a bit of fluke involved in the way I got it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu Oct 28, 2021 11:43 pm

We are watching Narcos: Mexico at the moment. Its helping me remember lots of Spanish insults

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Oct 29, 2021 12:49 am

lostinwales wrote:We are watching Narcos: Mexico at the moment. Its helping me remember lots of Spanish insults

They don't like being called work shy.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:04 am

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:We are watching Narcos: Mexico at the moment. Its helping me remember lots of Spanish insults

They don't like being called work shy.  

Or fops.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:24 am

They keep on saying something about putting a mother. I don't know if its a golf thing

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 29, 2021 5:58 pm

Fist or sicond.

It is a dream of mine to one day employ a Mexican so that I can ask him if he's a Mexican or a Mexican't.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri Oct 29, 2021 6:21 pm

I'd like to ask two Mexicans on a tandem bike... why not upgrade to a caravan?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:35 pm

Galted wrote:Fist or sicond.

It is a dream of mine to one day employ a Mexican so that I can ask him if he's a Mexican or a Mexican't.

I'd like to employ a Canadian for the same reason.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:50 pm

Fort. The early morning thing was a very late night thing following a long evening out. Did see Dune which made me very happy though.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:53 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

The US is ideally positioned to realise both of these dreams.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:12 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

They are known as Americans

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:37 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

They are known as Americans

How did I not see that? I missed so many opportunities when I was there last month, wasting my time battling giant man-eating wasps and hurricanes.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:44 pm

lostinwales wrote:Did see Dune which made me very happy though.

Likewise. I thought it was brilliant.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:45 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

As good as the book?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:49 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

As good as the book?

Never read it.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:56 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

As good as the book?

Never read it.

That's what I thought.
I've tried to read it twice but thought it was sh!te, so gave up.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

As good as the book?

Never read it.

That's what I thought.

That is more than enough for me, Jules. It wasn't on my list to read and based on your review, it won't go on there. Film was great though.

I'm reading a non-fiction book about the Western front in WWI at the moment. Seems a bit grim. Lots of death and stuff. No idea how it will end yet though.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

As good as the book?

Its as close to the book as you will ever likely see, although I haven't read it for probably more than 30 years.

They do simplify the background a great deal as you'd expect, but do a great job of capturing the why of what is happening, and of what is going through Paul's head when he realises what his fate could be. There is a logic to it all (the exact opposite of the Lynch movie, which I hated, which decides to treat everything they can't explain as 'magic')

It is a 2.5hr film that covers half of the book, and it is very visibly low on action for what it covers, which may explain why it is not rated as high as it could be. But instead they let the story develop. In other words it is the complete opposite of the last Star Wars movies in every respect.

In the ornithopter they have the best looking scifi vehicle I think I have ever seen. Mechanical dragonflies.

I do think you want to see it on the biggest screen possible. I'd also add that it did take a while to get to me. It does genuinely feel slow for a long time but it is necessary for the reasons above, and it really got to me eventually.

Just to add that elsewhere I read a personal review that said Dune 2 could be the best movie ever made. Having seen the film I now get that comment completely

Last edited by lostinwales on Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:06 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:

As good as the book?

Never read it.

That's what I thought.

That is more than enough for me, Jules. It wasn't on my list to read and based on your review, it won't go on there. Film was great though.

I'm reading a non-fiction book about the Western front in WWI at the moment. Seems a bit grim. Lots of death and stuff. No idea how it will end yet though.

It sinks.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:17 pm

lostinwales wrote:

It is a 2.5hr film that covers half of the book, and it is very visibly low on action for what it covers, which may explain why it is not rated as high as it could be. But instead they let the story develop. In other words it is the complete opposite of the last Star Wars movies in every respect.

In the ornithopter they have the best looking scifi vehicle I think I have ever seen. Mechanical dragonflies.

Yep, that ornithopter was brilliant. Especially to a bug enthusiast! Dragonflies are amazing predators, just about perfect for their environment and they captured that brilliantly in the film.

Having not read the books, I don't really know how much "action" there should have been and that probably helped my enjoyment of it as well. I just enjoyed the story and the visuals. Felt much more like a story than an action movie.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:20 pm

Best of the WWI books I have read was 'Goodbye to All That' by Robert Graves.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:30 pm

Yep, that ornithopter was brilliant. Especially to a bug enthusiast! Dragonflies are amazing predators, just about perfect for their environment and they captured that brilliantly in the film.

My son regularly claims that he can see an ornithocheirus in the sky, which had me suspecting that you, and not Julius, was the father.  I've subsequently discovered that an ornithocheirus isn't an insect but a f*cking great dinosaur.  Now I don't know whether to congratulate him for being able to pronounce it or kick him in the face for lying.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 29, 2021 9:35 pm

Galted wrote:

My son regularly claims that he can see an ornithocheirus in the sky, which had me suspecting that you, and not Julius, was the father.  I've subsequently discovered that an ornithocheirus isn't an insect but a f*cking great dinosaur.  Now I don't know whether to congratulate him for being able to pronounce it or kick him in the face for lying.

Can't you do both?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:11 pm

lostinwales wrote:

Having not read the books, I don't really know how much "action" there should have been and that probably helped my enjoyment of it as well. I just enjoyed the story and the visuals. Felt much more like a story than an action movie.

I think there is a real chance that people will go in thinking they are going to watch another Star Wars popcorn movie, and it isn't, so they get upset. On the other hand if they are the kind of people who actually enjoy the Rise of Skywalker then f*ck 'em they have no taste anyway.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:12 pm

Galted wrote:

Can't you do both?

Just get the order right because he might not be able to pronounce it after you have kicked him

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:35 pm

lostinwales wrote:
lostinwales wrote:

I think there is a real chance that people will go in thinking they are going to watch another Star Wars popcorn movie, and it isn't, so they get upset. On the other hand if they are the kind of people who actually enjoy the Rise of Skywalker then f*ck 'em they have no taste anyway.

Those are not the people you are looking for.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri Oct 29, 2021 10:49 pm

Galted wrote:

Can't you do both?

Cheers, Tino, much appreciated.

With such assured parenting skills it's no wonder you're able to raise 11 kids on a dressmaker's assistant's salary.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:00 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Can't you do both?

With such assured parenting skills it's no wonder you're able to raise 11 kids on a dressmaker's assistant's salary.

Assistant to the dressmaker.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:08 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

Can't you do both?

Assistant to the dressmaker.

L*l out loud.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:05 am

Shock Saturday fist!

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:08 am

Early Sunday morning fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:29 am

FIST!!!!!

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Sun Oct 31, 2021 1:29 am

B*llocks.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:35 pm

Cop the fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:50 pm

Robbed but sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:01 pm

Tird

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:09 pm

I'm not Nuno Espirito Santo's (what a great f*cking name) Spurs career.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:29 pm

but you are still dead?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:31 pm

superflyweight wrote:but you are still dead?  

ghost

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:42 pm

Morning. I'm not the next Spurs manager's career.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:44 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm not Nuno Espirito Santo's (what a great f*cking name) Spurs career.

Didn't know he was gone until I read your post. Not often football news breaks on here.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:46 pm

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:I'm not Nuno Espirito Santo's (what a great f*cking name) Spurs career.

Didn't know he was gone until I read your post.  Not often football news breaks on here.

Even more so given it was me that broke the news.

Must be a slow day in the dressmaking world.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:52 pm

Galted wrote:

Didn't know he was gone until I read your post.  Not often football news breaks on here.

Even more so given it was me that broke the news.

Must be a slow day in the dressmaking world.

It certainly seams sew.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 01, 2021 9:56 pm

Hard to follow this thread

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:31 pm

lostinwales wrote:Hard to follow this thread

I thought you'd have cottoned on by now.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:39 pm

You guys have me in cross stitches.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:08 am

Last, notches!

Possibly

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 02, 2021 3:31 am

Afternoon RiCK. The 5 minutes you spent on here today has probably cost you £1500 in fees, and a fraudster his freedom.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 20 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next