The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 25 Aug 2021, 5:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down


Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:13 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Fort. May I just add that you don't want to rub De Kock up the wrong way.

Duty is a big fan. He loves De Kock.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:15 am

Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:16 am

Hardik provides stiffer opposition than both of them if I'm honest.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:18 am

Galted wrote:Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?

Willey doesn't hit those red balls the way De Kock does.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:18 am

Galted wrote:Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?

Hard to say. I like the different angle that Willey provides.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:18 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?

Willey doesn't hit those red balls the way De Kock does.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:18 am

Galted wrote:Hardik provides stiffer opposition than both of them if I'm honest.

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:24 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?

Willey doesn't hit those red balls the way De Kock does.

Funny you should say that as I've always thought de Kock far prefers white balls.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:34 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?

Willey doesn't hit those red balls the way De Kock does.

Funny you should say that as I've always thought de Kock far prefers white balls.

I think they were in the same IPL team last year but it didn't go well. Willey really struggled to play with De Kock.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:36 am

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:Do you prefer Willey to de Kock?

Willey doesn't hit those red balls the way De Kock does.

Funny you should say that as I've always thought de Kock far prefers white balls.

As a wicket keeper he uses special gloves to handle the bowler's balls.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:39 am

He is an aggressive sort on the pitch as well. Lots of sledging.

Quite often the batsman ends up with De Kock in his face.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:54 am

There was a floodlight failure earlier in the tournament and no one could find him. 10 South Africans out on the oval feeling for De Kock in the dark.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7624
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:59 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He is an aggressive sort on the pitch as well. Lots of sledging.

Quite often the batsman ends up with De Kock in his face.

L*l out loud, that could quite conceivably happen in a commentary.

When David Seaman was still playing I was always hopeful of the commentator saying 'and Seaman dribbles out of the box' but it never happened.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 11:08 am

Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He is an aggressive sort on the pitch as well. Lots of sledging.

Quite often the batsman ends up with De Kock in his face.

L*l out loud, that could quite conceivably happen in a commentary.

When David Seaman was still playing I was always hopeful of the commentator saying 'and Seaman dribbles out of the box' but it never happened.

Imagine Dave Seaman playing cricket. Bowling a searching over to Quinton.

Seaman is all over De Kock here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 11:11 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He is an aggressive sort on the pitch as well. Lots of sledging.

Quite often the batsman ends up with De Kock in his face.

L*l out loud, that could quite conceivably happen in a commentary.

When David Seaman was still playing I was always hopeful of the commentator saying 'and Seaman dribbles out of the box' but it never happened.

Imagine Dave Seaman playing cricket. Bowling a searching over to Quinton.

Seaman is all over De Kock here.

That would be the pinnacle of sport, everything after would be an anticlimax.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Nov 2021, 11:23 am

A commentator once did manage to come out with a classic line when West Indies player Michael Holding bowled to England batsman Peter Willey.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 11:28 am

lostinwales wrote:A commentator once did manage to come out with a classic line when West Indies player Michael Holding bowled to England batsman Peter Willey.

Is that one genuine or was it urban legend? Classic if true.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 12 Nov 2021, 11:40 am

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:A commentator once did manage to come out with a classic line when West Indies player Michael Holding bowled to England batsman Peter Willey.

Is that one genuine or was it urban legend?  Classic if true.

I think its true but could well be apocryphal.

There was a good one when Superflys mate Ian Botham was batting. He tried a pull shot and failed, fell backwards whilst trying, and failing, to step over the wickets. He was out 'hit wicket' and as he walked off the commentator said something like "Botham failed to get his leg over".

Then just falls about laughing and can't continue. Proper uncontrollable l*l'ing out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 12 Nov 2021, 11:49 am

If only he'd demonstrated the poise, elegance and balance that I demonstrated when manging to avoid throwing two pints of Toohey's New over his freshly ironed chinos and pale blue shirt.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7624
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Nov 2021, 12:34 pm

Hmm did some research and the 'Holding the Willey' line was never uttered in a match. What a shame.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 12:58 pm

Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Nov 2021, 3:15 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:A commentator once did manage to come out with a classic line when West Indies player Michael Holding bowled to England batsman Peter Willey.

Is that one genuine or was it urban legend?  Classic if true.

I think its true but could well be apocryphal.

There was a good one when Superflys mate Ian Botham was batting. He tried a pull shot and failed, fell backwards whilst trying, and failing, to step over the wickets. He was out 'hit wicket' and as he walked off the commentator said something like "Botham failed to get his leg over".

Then just falls about laughing and can't continue. Proper uncontrollable l*l'ing out loud.

That is Brian Johnson, is very funny and is on youtube. the man had a hugely infectious laugh.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 12 Nov 2021, 3:38 pm

So are we putting de Kock away for now?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Fri 12 Nov 2021, 3:46 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:So are we putting de Kock away for now?

By this stage the jokes are losing their edge, or should I say hardness

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Fri 12 Nov 2021, 9:26 pm

Galted wrote:Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).

Thanks, Galted. Yep, I'm still alive and lurking in the shadows.

My favourite remains Arlott's comment about the New Zealand cricketer Cunis - ''funny name Cunis, neither one thing or the other.''

guildfordbat

Posts : 14972
Join date : 2011-04-07

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri 12 Nov 2021, 9:51 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).

Thanks, Galted. Yep, I'm still alive and lurking in the shadows.

My favourite remains Arlott's comment about the New Zealand cricketer Cunis - ''funny name Cunis, neither one thing or the other.''

Yes, that was a great remark. His parents must be intersex... or still undecided.

Never ceases to amaze me how some funny names (well... to me at least) seem to crop up on a regular basis. The Sri Lankan Dickwella springs to mind. An 's' in the middle would be better but the commentators can't help emphasising the first syllable. It's even better when they get excited. It often wakes me from my semi slumber on the couch. Pommie Mbangwa: "Bumrah to Dickwella.... SHOT! No one's stopping that!"
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:11 pm

guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).

Thanks, Galted. Yep, I'm still alive and lurking in the shadows.

My favourite remains Arlott's comment about the New Zealand cricketer Cunis - ''funny name Cunis, neither one thing or the other.''

Laugh

Took me a few moments.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:12 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).

Thanks, Galted. Yep, I'm still alive and lurking in the shadows.

My favourite remains Arlott's comment about the New Zealand cricketer Cunis - ''funny name Cunis, neither one thing or the other.''

Yes, that was a great remark. His parents must be intersex... or still undecided.

Never ceases to amaze me how some funny names (well... to me at least) seem to crop up on a regular basis. The Sri Lankan Dickwella springs to mind. An 's' in the middle would be better but the commentators can't help emphasising the first syllable. It's even better when they get excited. It often wakes me from my semi slumber on the couch. Pommie Mbangwa: "Bumrah to Dickwella.... SHOT! No one's stopping that!"

I can imagine Tony Greig saying that for some reason.

All of this brings to mind Billy Birmingham's 12th man and Paul Hogan's World Series War.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Fri 12 Nov 2021, 10:53 pm

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).

Thanks, Galted. Yep, I'm still alive and lurking in the shadows.

My favourite remains Arlott's comment about the New Zealand cricketer Cunis - ''funny name Cunis, neither one thing or the other.''

Yes, that was a great remark. His parents must be intersex... or still undecided.

Never ceases to amaze me how some funny names (well... to me at least) seem to crop up on a regular basis. The Sri Lankan Dickwella springs to mind. An 's' in the middle would be better but the commentators can't help emphasising the first syllable. It's even better when they get excited. It often wakes me from my semi slumber on the couch. Pommie Mbangwa: "Bumrah to Dickwella.... SHOT! No one's stopping that!"

I can imagine Tony Greig saying that for some reason.

All of this brings to mind Billy Birmingham's 12th man and Paul Hogan's World Series War.

Thanks for reminding me, Galts. I'd almost forgotten the details. It gets better with time. I can't imagine anyone doing this sort of thing today.
btw, I thought Randall's classic killing was the best.

WSW:
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Sat 13 Nov 2021, 7:56 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:
Galted wrote:Worth waiting until someone on the cricket board mentions it and springing your research on them (unless it's Guildford - in that case we'll accept it as fact).

Thanks, Galted. Yep, I'm still alive and lurking in the shadows.

My favourite remains Arlott's comment about the New Zealand cricketer Cunis - ''funny name Cunis, neither one thing or the other.''

Yes, that was a great remark. His parents must be intersex... or still undecided.

Never ceases to amaze me how some funny names (well... to me at least) seem to crop up on a regular basis. The Sri Lankan Dickwella springs to mind. An 's' in the middle would be better but the commentators can't help emphasising the first syllable. It's even better when they get excited. It often wakes me from my semi slumber on the couch. Pommie Mbangwa: "Bumrah to Dickwella.... SHOT! No one's stopping that!"

I can imagine Tony Greig saying that for some reason.

All of this brings to mind Billy Birmingham's 12th man and Paul Hogan's World Series War.

Thanks for reminding me, Galts. I'd almost forgotten the details. It gets better with time. I can't imagine anyone doing this sort of thing today.
btw, I thought Randall's classic killing was the best.

WSW:

Laugh

I was worried it would be too dated to enjoy but still cracks me up, especially the Richie Benaud impersonation. True that it couldn't be made today.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Sat 13 Nov 2021, 9:33 am

Unmichaelsing Saturday sicond.

The way Richie swivels in his chair also cracks me up. And the look on Lenny Pascoe's face just before the grenade goes off. Laugh
I watched a few more of them this morning. Leo W*nker... he was ahead of his time.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Nov 2021, 8:19 am

Fist. Spent an inordinate amount of time trying to work it into a funny opening post but eventually gave up (though not before I'd accidentally posted it on the football boards and deleted it).
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Nov 2021, 8:39 am

Sicond.

Just had a sneezing fit for no apparent reason. Always seems to happen at sundown. 2-3 sneezes in quick succession.

How are you going, Galts? Would be nice to read that funny opening post you had planned to put on here.
I might wander over to the golf thread a little later on and see if there are any new leads to comment on there.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Nov 2021, 9:16 am

Hello, Peej. Don't think I phrased it very well - couldn't come up with a funny opening despite my deepest pondering frown and so nothing to post.

Congrats on the cricket, did have a chuckle as much as I despise Warner, put quite a few noses put of joint on the BBC boards.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Nov 2021, 9:18 am

Tardy tird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Nov 2021, 9:28 am

Galted wrote:Hello, Peej. Don't think I phrased it very well - couldn't come up with a funny opening despite my deepest pondering frown and so nothing to post.

Congrats on the cricket, did have a chuckle as much as I despise Warner, put quite a few noses put of joint on the BBC boards.

Thanks, I'm no fan of Warner or even Wade. Hard to like them. Sort of a joke of a tournament. Just award the winner of the toss the match. At least we saved our worst for England... just like the rugby. Congrats for that. The losing streak continues for us, which doesn't surprise me, given all the chopping and changing with our players. Congrats on the Albanian thrashing too. As for Lewis Hamilton... fair enough although I'm no big fan of motor racing.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Nov 2021, 9:31 am

Saw The T20 described as the 'Commonwealth Coin-Tossing Championships' by a bitter poster. Funny and apt.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Nov 2021, 9:33 am

Was a bit lacking in concentration by the time the England game came on but Ireland v the All Blacks was a good watch.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Nov 2021, 9:38 am

Yeah, I find games hard to watch these days. The ref always seems to be centre stage which is against the 'spirit of the game' for me. Also too much pointless kicking makes it less of a spectacle. I'm even more in the dark with all those scrum penalties when the ball is already out. It's a lottery.

Good to see Ireland win again. My Mum took it well, said she "saw it coming" but she always can find a criticism even when they win by 40 points. Talk about a hard marker. All her friends back in NZ are the same. Many have lost interest even when they were still winning on a regular basis. If you ask me they're all up themselves.

I had some genuine sympathy for them in the cricket. Wouldn't have minded too much if they'd won but Mum reckons although Kane had a great innings with the bat he was "too soft" in the post match interview giving Australia "undue credit" for their bullying style of play.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon 15 Nov 2021, 10:40 am

Fort. Sitting in a cafe in Manchester instead of the home office and its very nice. The Wallabies were dreadful and the ref pedantic (although he didn't make Oz tackle high all game) which did not make for a great spectacle. Haven't watched the AB's game yet but it sounded fun.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 11623
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:02 am

Pity about Fiji shooting themselves in the foot yesterday, could have been quite comical.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:05 am

Hey Tino, got any arthropod tales to make this place interesting again?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:15 am

I was quite looking forward to Tino's review of the weekend's rugby.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 13672
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:24 am

Apparently 3 people in Egypt have died from scorpion bites. Something to do with climate change and a boom in scorpion numbers. 400 hospitalised.
Just did a search. Heavy rains in Aswan washed them out of their burrows and they wandered into homes.

Tino will know.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:32 am

Tino is probably on his way there.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:35 am

Pal Joey wrote:Apparently 3 people in Egypt have died from scorpion bites. Something to do with climate change and a boom in scorpion numbers. 400 hospitalised.
Just did a search. Heavy rains in Aswan washed them out of their burrows and they wandered into homes.

Tino will know.

I remember learning about the Aswan dam at school.

I've got loads of cool anecdotes like that.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:38 am

Galted wrote:I was quite looking forward to Tino's review of the weekend's rugby.

England were pragmatic. Australia were pretty awful.

We finally have a decent full back. Amazing how long it took Fast Eddie to realise that playing a 15 at 15 would work.

Tom Curry is a world class flanker, he is not a world class no 8.

Will need to play 20% better (that is a scientific FACT) against SA or we will lose.

How about that for a review?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:45 am

Saw something recently about the water situation there. Since they built the Aswan dam in the 60s the Sudanese then built another one (Merowe Dam) upstream in the early 2000s therefore restricting the flow of the Nile down through Egypt. There are huge catchment areas in Ethiopia, Southern Sudan, Kenya, etc and now they are getting massive amounts of rain flooding huge areas.

Totally ruined their settlements (now underwater) and type of traditional agriculture... more fishing than grazing now but also more mosquitoes and disease.

There have been problems with build up of silt behind the dam walls and the loss of nutrients further down the Nile thus affecting Egypt's agricultural production. The sort of thing that could lead to even more wars in that region.

Might be worth the Sudanese opening the flood gates and washing the scorpions down to Cairo and Alexandria.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 51710
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:51 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Might be worth the Sudanese opening the flood gates and washing the scorpions down to Cairo and Alexandria.

That's a bit harsh, Pee Jay.

People can't help the time of year they were born in.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19267
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Outside there's a box car waiting, outside the family stew. Out by the fire breathing, outside we wait till face turns blue. I know the nervous walking, I know the dirty beard hangs. Out by the box car waiting, take me away to nowhere plans. There is a wait so long (so long, so long). You'll never wait so long. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius. Here comes Julius.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 15 Nov 2021, 11:56 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Might be worth the Sudanese opening the flood gates and washing the scorpions down to Cairo and Alexandria.

That's a bit harsh, Pee Jay.

People can't help the time of year they were born in.

That's a capri-corny joke.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 20589
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Back to top


 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum