The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
ShahenshahG
Mind the windows Tino.
Pal Joey
lostinwales
superflyweight
Duty281
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
Galted
13 posters

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed Aug 25, 2021 6:28 pm

First topic message reminder :

I think I should have the thread split on account of not having had one for years.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon Nov 15, 2021 12:58 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Might be worth the Sudanese opening the flood gates and washing the scorpions down to Cairo and Alexandria.

That's a bit harsh, Pee Jay.

People can't help the time of year they were born in.

Just stating a possible solution to the flooding problem, Tino. Timing is everything. Lucky I was born on a cusp.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 20 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:11 pm

Hes taking the pisces

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:20 pm

lostinwales wrote:Hes taking the pisces

Can we not virgo the puns, just for once?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:48 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Might be worth the Sudanese opening the flood gates and washing the scorpions down to Cairo and Alexandria.

That's a capri-corny joke.

Taurus apart laughing at it.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 15, 2021 1:51 pm

Galted wrote:I was quite looking forward to Tino's review of the weekend's rugby.

England were pragmatic. Australia were pretty awful.

We finally have a decent full back. Amazing how long it took Fast Eddie to realise that playing a 15 at 15 would work.

Tom Curry is a world class flanker, he is not a world class no 8.

Will need to play 20% better (that is a scientific FACT) against SA or we will lose.

How about that for a review?

Pretty comprehensive. Could have mentioned that floppy-haired dandy at flyhalf but worth the wait.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:02 pm

Galted wrote:

Pretty comprehensive. Could have mentioned that floppy-haired dandy at flyhalf but worth the wait.

That is no hair cut for an England flyhalf. What is wrong with a Rob Andrew or a Jonny?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 15, 2021 2:21 pm

Galted wrote:

That is no hair cut for an England flyhalf. What is wrong with a Rob Andrew or a Jonny?

If he carries on playing like he has he can have any haircut he wants. I was impressed when one of the Wallaby centers decided he didn't like the haircut either and really hammered Smith, only Smith got up and jogged off leaving the Australian lying on the floor in pain. (Was a great read to be honest)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:10 pm

Split week.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 15, 2021 3:27 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Shove it up your aries.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:56 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Shove it up your aries.

Libra me alone.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Mon Nov 15, 2021 4:58 pm

lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

If he carries on playing like he has he can have any haircut he wants. I was impressed when one of the Wallaby centers decided he didn't like the haircut either and really hammered Smith, only Smith got up and jogged off leaving the Australian lying on the floor in pain. (Was a great read to be honest)

That Irish winger also has a lot to answer for, though I suspect you'd have to be pretty handy with your fists to justify a haircut like that in Ireland.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:04 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

That Irish winger also has a lot to answer for, though I suspect you'd have to be pretty handy with your fists to justify a haircut like that in Ireland.

Best haircut on display must have been the Wallabies 8, who should now be known as 'sideshow' for ever more.

(Search for Valentini Rugby for evidence)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:09 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Shove it up your aries.

Libra me alone.

OK, I can sir.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:17 pm

Galted wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
Galted wrote:

I notice Jonny Hill and Henry Slade both had some terrible 'shaved above the ears' do's. Below par haircuts for below par players.

Martin Johnson would be furious. Richard Hill is the greatest player I have ever seen in an England shirt. What is the first thing one notices about Hilly? His sensible haircut.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:30 am

Tuesday's unmichaelising fist!

Yeah Jonny Hill must have one of the worst haircuts in rugby, supplemented by chin fuzz and no 'tache. Slade's haircut is just odd.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:50 am

lostinwales wrote:Tuesday's unmichaelising fist!

Yeah Jonny Hill must have one of the worst haircuts in rugby, supplemented by chin fuzz and no 'tache. Slade's haircut is just odd.

Sicond.
Especially Dave Hill's.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:06 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
lostinwales wrote:Tuesday's unmichaelising fist!

Sicond.
Especially Dave Hill's.

Good work. That took me far too long to work out.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 16, 2021 11:15 am

Tird.

I think that rugby could be improved by allowing players to tackle high as long as they grab the hair of the opponent, no touching the face or throat.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:11 pm

Would that give baldies an unfair advantage?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:20 pm

I think it would be more giving people who don't get a hair cut a disadvantage, so the logic works.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:22 pm

lostinwales wrote:Would that give baldies an unfair advantage?

Only when the lights are out.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:50 pm

It would, but they should be subjected to a Benny Hill slapping from the ref whenever they infringe so as to even it out.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:03 pm

Galted wrote:

It would, but they should be subjected to a Benny Hill slapping from the ref whenever they infringe so as to even it out.

I wonder if SerialDAVE is reading this whilst butchering a midget.

He was a slap head I believe.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:16 pm

Galted wrote:

L*l out loud. Just pictured him pausing to have a look at his phone, then showing the thread to the trussed up midget before resuming the butchering.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:27 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

L*l out loud. Just pictured him pausing to have a look at his phone, then showing the thread to the trussed up midget before resuming the butchering.

LIVIN ON A PRAYER playing full volume in the background.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 16, 2021 2:41 pm

Galted wrote:
Galted wrote:

LIVIN ON A PRAYER playing full volume in the background.

Using a severed leg to mimic the guitar solo.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:13 pm

Pee Jay, there is a story out about the 'biggest ever' funnel web found. It was handed in to a reptile place in NSW.

Looks like a proper Thunder B*stard.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:40 pm

That's a bit f*cking rude, changing the subject like that. Just because I went slightly overboard about DAVE.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:52 pm

Galted wrote:That's a bit f*cking rude, changing the subject like that. Just because I went slightly overboard about DAVE.

I was amused by your comment. I was picturing the scene near the end of Dusk Till Dawn with the severed leg guitar thing. I even gave it enough thought that I was struggling to picture a severed midget leg having enough length to be a guitar. Then I thought of the guitarist in REM who had that silly little guitar and that was enough to complete the image.

Just got distracted by a spider story and had to post.

Couldn't then unmichaels my own spider related michaels as that would make me a bit of a c*nt.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue Nov 16, 2021 5:07 pm

That's what a reconciliatory post should be, chock-a-block full of l*l out louds.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 17, 2021 7:01 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Pee Jay, there is a story out about the 'biggest ever' funnel web found. It was handed in to a reptile place in NSW.

Preliminary antipodean fist.

Just saw this, Tino. Yes, it was quite a large one apparently.
Hopefully it's just an outlier and not the result of some mad scientist's experiment going to plan. We don't need them any bigger.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:37 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Pee Jay, there is a story out about the 'biggest ever' funnel web found. It was handed in to a reptile place in NSW.

Hopefully it's just an outlier and not the result of some mad scientist's experiment going to plan. We don't need them any bigger.

I have to disagree , PJ  :  apparently this fellow can be milked for sufficient venom to produce anti-venom likely to save numerous lives ...  In fact I see we are now being encouraged to go out and catch more of these chaps to help the cause (use cotton buds , moist soil and jars , etc ... but " careful not to let them within 20 cm of your fingers ")  An inspiring call to arms !

I am now considering mounting an expedition in search of large funnel webs - though the Victorian version is rather less deadly (a source of embarrassment as we hate to be thought inferior to our north eastern neighbours in anything) But perhaps I should wait until they offer a bounty ?

PS > Does this make me eligible to claim a "sicond ?"

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:45 am

alfie wrote:

One of finest 'siconds' ever claimed on here, alfie.

I'm taking an unseasonably early tird. Nothing like some arachnid talk to get my juices flowing early.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:07 am

Fort. Unseasonable early activity here

Nothing like an arachnid bite to get the juices flowing either

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:11 am

Personally I'm glad those large spiders are far from home.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 am

alfie wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

I have to disagree , PJ  :  apparently this fellow can be milked for sufficient venom to produce anti-venom likely to save numerous lives ...  In fact I see we are now being encouraged to go out and catch more of these chaps to help the cause (use cotton buds , moist soil and jars , etc ... but " careful not to let them within 20 cm of your fingers ")  An inspiring call to arms !

I am now considering mounting an expedition in search of large funnel webs - though the Victorian version is rather less deadly (a source of embarrassment as we hate to be thought inferior to our north eastern neighbours in anything) But perhaps I should wait until they offer a bounty ?

Yes, probably great news if you're looking for big specimens but that expert was saying size doesn't necessarily equal more venom for harvest.

Young sprightly aggressive males spit the most juice in the jar. I was told a while back that the Blue Mountains variety was the most potent. That makes sense. Since they live in a more rugged environment compared to the 'easy life' found in the city areas they have probably developed a more potent venom.

The one in the story was from the Central Coast, maybe near the (Eric Worrell*) Reptile Park. Who knows; these surfie type arachnids might thrive on some mix of insect and marine creature diet with more access to protein? Maybe they'll develop long bleached hairs in a few million years too.

* he was bitten 'countless' times by snakes and spiders. Some think he developed some kind of immunity with all the poison in his system but he died of a heart attack (just after another bite?) at the same park where this latest specimen was sent.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:27 am

We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:33 am

Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:38 am

Pal Joey wrote:

Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:44 am

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:57 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

-------

https://www.606v2.com/viewtopic.php?t=70466

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20