The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Launch Monitors

3 posters

Go down

Launch Monitors Empty Launch Monitors

Post by JAS Fri 24 Sep 2021, 9:13 am

Didn't seem that long ago (but it is in fact years) since I created a post about the use of Launch Monitors in lessons. At the time, things like Trackman and the GC2 were literally £1000s of pounds to buy, more more and more teaching pro's got them and their evolved and improved descendants are now pretty standard in a Pro's teaching studio.

Now however, I've just caught a glimpse of the Garmin approach r10, tiny (and therefore extremely portable) but effective device, links to your smartphone and it's retailing at just over £500. Not only can you get all your numbers (clubhead speed, launch angle carry distance, dispersion etc) you can also play thousands of courses virtually.

Has anyone on here got one yet?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Launch Monitors Empty Re: Launch Monitors

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Sep 2021, 9:24 am

Im tempted Jas. Ive got the Garmin Z82 laser which is excellent, and quite a few other Garmin products.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Fri 24 Sep 2021, 10:09 am

super_realist wrote:Im tempted Jas. Ive got the Garmin Z82 laser which is excellent, and quite a few other Garmin products.

Yeah me too, I'm now coachless and basically looking after myself, I figure the device costs the equivalent of 10 lessons-ish. So I've effectively already saved for it (well that's what I'm telling myself). What it also does as well is capture your swing so you can have a visual on your swing as well as the numbers you're generating from it.

The thousands of courses bit is a subscription service though and I'm not sure how much a subscription would be, whilst that would be fun (virtual playing round Augusta with your mates in your back garden or the range) I'd be getting it mainly to enlighten and inform my practice.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Fri 24 Sep 2021, 10:14 am

Quite. My pro has cancelled my las three lessons as he follows his son round on tour, plus id quite like to play courses in my front room through winter.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri 24 Sep 2021, 1:36 pm

Super

I turned a room into a hitting area in the first lockdown, it takes a fair bit of adaptation and balls missing the net cause a shit load of damage. Also my wife wasn't too chuffed about having a room out of action. It also needed redecorated afterwards.

On the r10, holy crap, if this thing is even remotely accurate for clubhead speed and spin then it is a must buy. If anyone can find a good review vs a GC quad or something then the deal is sealed. Winter would no longer have to be a write off for golf.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum