The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 17 Nov 2021, 10:07 am

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Wed 12 Jan 2022, 9:21 am

Does that imply a Sicond Galted or are we just using an offset today?

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed 12 Jan 2022, 11:12 am

Hibbz wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Galted killed his.  It's endemic.  

I saw a spider with Ant the other day they were getting ready to rumble - don't just wreckdemic.............psyche

Lovely work from Hibbz. Textbook!

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 12 Jan 2022, 11:34 am

lostinwales wrote:Does that imply a Sicond Galted or are we just using an offset today?

Reviewing the morning postings, I realised that I should have had a tird and not a fist, but I'm in a particularly ruthless mood today. Might find myself a traveller site and kick over a few caravans.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 12 Jan 2022, 2:18 pm

Discovered this morning that The Wurzels are a band that can overcome the language barrier.

6 man kitchen team with members from 3 different continents, 4 different mother tongues, born across 4 different decades. Finding music everyone likes can be tough. There's only so many times you can play Queens greatest hits. The Wurzels have brought this strange little crew together on this dreary winter morning.

I never thought I'd witness an 18 stone brick s*** house of a kitchen porter from the Dominican Republic who's just starting English lessons belting out "The Combine Harvester" but he was all over it.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Jan 2022, 2:22 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Hibbz wrote:
superflyweight wrote:Galted killed his.  It's endemic.  

I saw a spider with Ant the other day they were getting ready to rumble - don't just wreckdemic.............psyche

Lovely work from Hibbz.  Textbook!

The master of the hit and run.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 12 Jan 2022, 2:29 pm

king_carlos wrote:There's only so many times you can play Queens greatest hits.

Yeah, once.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 12 Jan 2022, 2:33 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yeah, once.

Apparently it sold 25million copies. Good to know KC's staff are learning proper English.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 12 Jan 2022, 2:36 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yeah, once.

Hi Jeff/Geoff!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 12 Jan 2022, 4:32 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Yeah, once.

Laugh

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Wed 12 Jan 2022, 7:37 pm

I bloody love Freddie Mercury. Not gay or owt.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Hibbz Wed 12 Jan 2022, 10:01 pm

seanmichaels wrote:I bloody love Freddie Mercury. Not gay or owt.

I believe Freddie might have been a gay though I have no actual proof.

Hibbz
hibbz
hibbz

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 12 Jan 2022, 10:55 pm

F*ck me, it's Rise of the Living Dead on here.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 12 Jan 2022, 10:59 pm

Some people will do anything to get a rise.

Just found this little gem.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He looks like a kid at school whose lost his dinner money at the moment.

I would have thought all meals would have been prepaid by the parents before the term starts?
Don't tell me you have to fork out dosh at each sitting. Or do you mean the money for the Flashman's 'tip'?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 8:15 am

Hibbz wrote:

See this is classic Hibbz.

This, on the TV thread, less so -

Hibbz wrote:Doctor Who?

You're better than that, Hibbz.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 8:16 am

Hibbz wrote:

It amuses me how Seany is still pretending he isn't a bummer. It's 2022, Sean, no one cares anymore.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 8:21 am

Pal Joey wrote:Some people will do anything to get a rise.

Just found this little gem.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:He looks like a kid at school whose lost his dinner money at the moment.

I would have thought all meals would have been prepaid by the parents before the term starts?
Don't tell me you have to fork out dosh at each sitting. Or do you mean the money for the Flashman's 'tip'?

They are prepaid, Pee Jay but the kids can buy snacks and stuff as well as school dinner. Then I get passive aggressive emails from the schools when they have spent it all and it needs topping up. The good thing is, the online account, at one of the schools anyway, tells you what they have bought. So when I ask him and he tells me some orange juice and an apple, I can give him a slap when I show him it was a bag of Skittles and can of Irn Bru.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Jan 2022, 8:24 am

Laugh

Love it, Tino. Just how I imagined it to be.
Lucky you don't have to chip in any extra for the school leopard feed!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jan 2022, 8:52 am

Adequate on here today.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:02 am

I've just realised how precarious things are for Boris. I thought he was pretty much made of Teflon. That's the first time I've ever seen him hang his head in shame in the Parliament. So he really is in trouble. Is there any chance of a good old fashioned beheading in the old palace yard?
Better people have lost theirs for much less...

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:06 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Hibbz wrote:

See this is classic Hibbz.

This, on the TV thread, less so -

Hibbz wrote:Doctor Who?

You're better than that, Hibbz.

Whereas this is peak Hibbz

Hibbz wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
JAS wrote:Nope defo the opposite, Prince Andrew is the convenient side show to deflect attention away from the long slow death of Johnsons leadership.

He’s a symbol of abusive elitism yes but he doesn’t set or affect policy that determines millions of  lives on a daily basis.

PMs come and go with regular abandon, we've already had 5 this century.

Prince Andrew is part of something immeasurably bigger and of far greater importance, than some meagre PM who may have breached lockdown rules.

Do you mean Epstein's gang? Surely you don't mean the Royal family whose existence or otherwise doesn't affect the day to day lives of anyone except those who use it to sell tourism and merchandise.

It's bigger than that, though Epstein is the tip of the iceberg.

You got bummed by the Queen with a strap-on?

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:07 am

Duty seems to be outing himself as a Q Anon nutter. As well as being a terrible tw@t.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:10 am

Pal Joey wrote:I've just realised how precarious things are for Boris. I thought he was pretty much made of Teflon. That's the first time I've ever seen him hang his head in shame in the Parliament. So he really is in trouble. Is there any chance of a good old fashioned beheading in the old palace yard?

Looking a bit pathetic is pretty much his entire strategy, wouldn't be remotely surprised if he survives, especially as he seems to have an army of civil servants lining up to dive under the bus for him.

Would quite like to let SerialDAVE loose in parliament with an axe.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:12 am

Pal Joey wrote:Is there any chance of a good old fashioned beheading in the old palace yard?

There will be a massive f*cking queue to watch if there is.

It baffled me how anyone supported this bumbling f*cking oaf in the first place. He is a pathological liar. It will take more than ruffling your hair up and giving doe eyes to the British public this time.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:14 am

superflyweight wrote:Duty seems to be outing himself as a Q Anon nutter.  As well as being a terrible tw@t.

That's no way to encourage membership here, Supes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:17 am

superflyweight wrote:Duty seems to be outing himself as a Q Anon nutter.  As well as being a terrible tw@t.

I've made my views on duty's membership application very clear.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:23 am

superflyweight wrote:

Having an Aussie on board is as far as diversity goes in the Morning Tea Society.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:28 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Having an Aussie on board is as far as diversity goes in the Morning Tea Society.

I appreciate you guys loosening the reins to let me make a contribution or two.

Now if someone can just attend to the ankle bracelets... I think I hear some footsteps approaching. It's more of a soft slipper shuffle actually....

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:34 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

We let Jules on and he is part of the aristocracy. How much more inclusive do you want.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:41 am

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

We let Jules on and he is part of the aristocracy. How much more inclusive do you want.

I've always imagined him to be a reincarnation of Basil Rathbone but there couldn't be two of them existing at the one time, could there?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 13 Jan 2022, 9:42 am

I let you think that you let me on.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:11 am

Pal Joey wrote:Is there any chance of a good old fashioned beheading in the old palace yard?

It baffled me how anyone supported this bumbling f*cking oaf in the first place. He is a pathological liar. It will take more than ruffling your hair up and giving doe eyes to the British public this time.

I honestly think that when he finally does go there will be those who will be genuinely upset (thinking mainly those in the cabinet who would never ever get close to power otherwise, and the ones who still think he 'got brexit done'). There will be those who genuinely don't care, and for the rest of the country it will be like the morning after Blair first got elected.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:21 am

lostinwales wrote:There will be those who genuinely don't care, and for the rest of the country it will be like the morning after Blair first got elected.

Just without D:Ream playing on a loop again.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:26 am

lostinwales wrote:

I honestly think that when he finally does go there will be those who will be genuinely upset (thinking mainly those in the cabinet who would never ever get close to power otherwise, and the ones who still think he 'got brexit done'). There will be those who genuinely don't care, and for the rest of the country it will be like the morning after Blair first got elected.

I try not to get angry about politics these days but he is an insufferable c*nt who sums up pretty much everything wrong (on both sides of the house) with British politics. Style (of a sort) over substance, a lack of integrity, self serving and a self preservation mode that is off the f*cking charts. To the point where you can almost admire the skill of it if it wasn't so f*cking damaging to society.

We really have scrapped the barrel clean (again, both sides of the house) in recent years.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:33 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote: Style (of a sort) over substance, a lack of integrity, self serving and a self preservation mode that is off the f*cking charts. To the point where you can almost admire the skill of it

Which happens because it's the way our political system is designed. It's practically impossible to ascend to being leader of either of the two main parties without having the above attributes in abundance.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:34 am

Pal Joey wrote:I've just realised how precarious things are for Boris. I thought he was pretty much made of Teflon. That's the first time I've ever seen him hang his head in shame in the Parliament. So he really is in trouble. Is there any chance of a good old fashioned beheading in the old palace yard?

I mean he has been sacked before for Lying to then Leader Michael Howard about f**king his Au Pair whilst his then wife was at home with cancer and 4 kids.

So there is that.

Morning, gents.

Happily still not dead.

Sincerely

RicK

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:36 am

lostinwales wrote:

I try not to get angry about politics these days but he is an insufferable c*nt who sums up pretty much everything wrong (on both sides of the house) with British politics. Style (of a sort) over substance, a lack of integrity, self serving and a self preservation mode that is off the f*cking charts. To the point where you can almost admire the skill of it if it wasn't so f*cking damaging to society.

We really have scrapped the barrel clean (again, both sides of the house) in recent years.

The best thing that could have happened for his reputation as a Prime Minister and for the UK as a whole was him dying of Covid.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:48 am

This has got heavy on here, quickly. You can tell when folk like Jules and Supes don't get involved. They are intimidated by the intellectual heavyweights residing on here and I can understand that.

We can talk about insects? Or incest? I'm pretty knowledgeable on either.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:51 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We can talk about insects? Or incest? I'm pretty knowledgeable on either.

Both have a strong presence in Alabama.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:55 am

Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:We can talk about insects? Or incest? I'm pretty knowledgeable on either.

Went to winter nets on Monday, Duty. Batted against a load of 1st team bowlers (I'm only good enough for the 3's these days) and survived at least 15 balls before getting out for the first time.

I'm surely in with a shout to open in the West Indies.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

guildfordbat and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 13 Jan 2022, 10:59 am

rIck_dAgless wrote:

I mean he has been sacked before for Lying to then Leader Michael Howard about f**king his Au Pair whilst his then wife was at home with cancer and 4 kids.

So there is that.

Morning, gents.

Happily still not dead.

Sincerely

RicK

Rick joining in on his lunch break. Glad you're not dead, unlike Tina who refuses to accept that he's dead.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:12 am

Duty281 wrote:

Went to winter nets on Monday, Duty. Batted against a load of 1st team bowlers (I'm only good enough for the 3's these days) and survived at least 15 balls before getting out for the first time.

You may be the only opener left in England.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:13 am

superflyweight wrote:

Rick joining in on his lunch break.  Glad you're not dead, unlike Tina who refuses to accept that he's dead.  

I've been prolific on this place today. Not bad for a corpse.

Should probably do some work at some point before the Chief dressmaker throws a tantrum.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:19 am

superflyweight wrote:

Rick joining in on his lunch break.  Glad you're not dead, unlike Tina who refuses to accept that he's dead.  

Should probably do some work at some point before the Chief dressmaker throws a tantrum.

Thimbles crashing everywhere.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:21 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

Thimbles crashing everywhere.

drumroll

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 13 Jan 2022, 11:39 am

Harmful elements in the air.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by seanmichaels Thu 13 Jan 2022, 12:02 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Thinking of a comeback myself

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 13 Jan 2022, 12:04 pm

seanmichaels wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Thinking of a comeback myself

On here or cricket?

We'll have you back on here, not sure about the cricket.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 14 Jan 2022, 8:42 am

An Ashes fist.

Almost amusing watching England reduce a team to 12-3 and still contrive a way to let the opposition get ahead of the game.

At 12-3, we would have ended up 87 all out.

We are a good white ball team though.

#White balls matter.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 14 Jan 2022, 8:50 am

Was 129/4 when I first saw the score and there was me thinking England were on top.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 14 Jan 2022, 8:52 am

Galted wrote:Was 129/4 when I first saw the score and there was me thinking England were on top.

We are never on top in test matches in Australia, Galted. Just sometimes not losing as hopelessly as other matches.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 20 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next