The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+11
Dolphin Ziggler
guildfordbat
superflyweight
Duty281
alfie
Pal Joey
rIck_dAgless
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Mind the windows Tino.
Galted
15 posters

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 17 Nov - 10:07

First topic message reminder :

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:We had a spider in our flat on Monday.

I saw two little ones on the ceiling last night... in different rooms.
Common house spiders. We've had a lot of rain lately so they're obviously looking for a warm dry refuge.

Have to feel a bit sorry for our spider living in the UK if warmth and dryness is what they like.

Make a little cotton wool nest for it and take it up to Tino's. Pretty sure he'll have some space in the shed for it.

In amongst the thimble collection.

Maybe I could smuggle my kid into his house, doubt he'd notice with the multitudes he has rampaging about.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Jan - 14:17

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:What's good people?  Am I missing much on here?

Not much.  What was for lunch today, Rick?  

Ham and Cheese tortellini with Pesto, Salted Chipsticks, Tea (milk no sugar)

How goes the far north, supes?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 14 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Jan - 14:20

Galted wrote:Cheers, Tino.

I was going to add 'let that sink in' but remembered that I wasn't on Tw*tter.

I hate that thing that I see on my kids social media where someone is sitting at a desk with an opinion. Could be anything. Ranging from Joe Biden is the worst President in US history to Climate Change is all a conspiracy. Then they sit there smug with a sign saying just saying 'Change My Mind'.

How about I kick your f*cking teeth in you smug c*nt. It might not change your mind but it won't change mine either so we are all happy.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

alfie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Jan - 14:31

The original sign said (I am led to believe)

"Male privilege is a myth, change my mind"

Just in case you wanted to know.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Jan - 14:34

rIck_dAgless wrote:The original sign said (I am led to believe)

"Male privilege is a myth, change my mind"

Just in case you wanted to know.

I didn't, but just happy to have you back.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Jan - 14:41

You can impress all your daughters friends with your high meme IQ.

You well?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Jan - 14:54

rIck_dAgless wrote:You can impress all your daughters friends with your high meme IQ.

You well?

Yep, all good thanks. Business is better than it was but that's not difficult given how sh*t the last 2 year have been. We are actually getting some cash flow in rather than destroying our savings whilst we waited for the world to start doing stuff again. It isn't exactly great and we are now probably 4 to 5 years behind on the original business plan but can see the light at the end of the tunnel finally and lets face it, people have been through worse. I haven't died (again) so there is that.

How is the new law firm? I imagine you as Keanu Reeves in Devils Advocate. Is it just like that?

Went back to the Motherland for a wedding in December. That was good fun. Managed to survive a night out in Runcorn and Liverpool which I was mildly surprised at. It made me miss the place and remember why I don't all in the same evening. You been back recently?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 18 Jan - 15:03

rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:What's good people?  Am I missing much on here?

Not much.  What was for lunch today, Rick?  

Ham and Cheese tortellini with Pesto, Salted Chipsticks, Tea (milk no sugar)

How goes the far north, supes?

Textbook lunch with the added spice of salted chipstix.

All good here - although a lot of the locals aren't coping well with the fact that the rest of the UK seems to hate the Tories as much as they do.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

rIck_dAgless likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Jan - 15:06

excellent, glad it is picking back up for you mate.

I was back home about 2 weeks ago, to catch up with friends and family and managed to catch covid... nice, and weirdly it transpires that someone in the complex I live in is from Northwich, guess which iconic building we both laughed about.

New place is like all the old places TBH, and is more like Parks and Rec than devils advocate, as i am sure supes will attest.

Much more overweight middle aged men, and much less boobage.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Jan - 15:12

rIck_dAgless wrote:guess which iconic building we both laughed about.

l*l.

There is only one.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Jan - 15:21

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:

How is the new law firm? I imagine you as Keanu Reeves in Devils Advocate. Is it just like that?

I imagine him as Gregory Peck playing Atticus Finch.

Rick must get loads of clunge.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Jan - 15:26

I hate that thing that I see on my kids social media where someone is sitting at a desk with an opinion. Could be anything. Ranging from Joe Biden is the worst President in US history to Climate Change is all a conspiracy. Then they sit there smug with a sign saying just saying 'Change My Mind'.

How about I kick your f*cking teeth in you smug c*nt. It might not change your mind but it won't change mine either so we are all happy.

'Who is this? Wrong answers only' is another popular one. Jeff is entertainingly scathing when replying to these.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Jan - 15:27

Galted wrote:

I mean Mrs D is in the next room, she puts out on my birthday occasionally. Other than that my main interaction when women know what you do, generally goes along the lines of "I bought a car and it is 5h1t can you sue them and get my money back.

makes me glad I am not a proctologist to be honest.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 18 Jan - 15:35

So your kids follow Duty? I would have thought that would be a worry.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 18 Jan - 15:44

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

I mean Mrs D is in the next room, she puts out on my birthday occasionally.  Other than that my main interaction when women know what you do, generally goes along the lines of "I bought a car and it is 5h1t can you sue them and get my money back.

Learned a long time ago never to let a taxi driver know I was a lawyer unless I wanted to spend the rest of the journey having to explain why they don't have access to their kids or why the vicious assault carried out by their mate wasn't self defence.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 18 Jan - 15:46

Galted wrote:

'Who is this? Wrong answers only' is another popular one. Jeff is entertainingly scathing when replying to these.

Jeff seems to have really embraced the meme sub-culture on Tw*tter - can never be bothered with it myself as it all seems very C*tbook (albeit I haven't been on C*ntbook for about 10 years).

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Tue 18 Jan - 15:48

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

I mean Mrs D is in the next room, she puts out on my birthday occasionally.  Other than that my main interaction when women know what you do, generally goes along the lines of "I bought a car and it is 5h1t can you sue them and get my money back.

Learned a long time ago never to let a taxi driver know I was a lawyer unless I wanted to spend the rest of the journey having to explain why they don't have access to their kids or why the vicious assault carried out by their mate wasn't self defence.  

Exactly, one of my local taxi drivers knows what I do and has a different issues every time i get in the car. I find just telling people that i basically talk 5h1t for a living means that I am not lying and they don't ask much more

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Tue 18 Jan - 15:58

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

I used to say I was a mathematician (which I sort of was) and then watch the waves of confusion, horror and fear wash over their faces. At least there was no danger of being asked how to solve a quadratic equation or similar.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Jan - 16:05

lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

I used to say I was a mathematician (which I sort of was) and then watch the waves of confusion, horror and fear wash over their faces. At least there was no danger of being asked how to solve a quadratic equation or similar.

Imagine the waves of confusion, horror and fear when a scruffy looking guy with a northern accent tells them he's a dressmaker.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Tue 18 Jan - 16:08

lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

Imagine the waves of confusion, horror and fear when a scruffy looking guy with a northern accent tells them he's a dressmaker's assistant.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 18 Jan - 16:09

superflyweight wrote:
lostinwales wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:

Imagine the waves of confusion, horror and fear when a scruffy looking guy with a northern accent tells them he's a dressmaker's assistant.

Assistant to the dressmaker.

Galted
Galted
Galted

lostinwales likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 18 Jan - 16:19

l*l out loud.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 19 Jan - 9:10

Hump fist!

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 19 Jan - 9:15

Middling sicond.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Jan - 9:30

Tiddling tird.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 9:43

Galted wrote:Middling sicond.

Stop with the smear campaign on the cricket board, Galted. Just because I came 2nd bottom in Pee Jay's competition doesn't give you free reign to undermine me. I'm not BoJo.

We all have our 'other' boards. I have the cricket, Jules has tennis, LiW has rugby, you have Aston Villa. Pee Jay has cricket, rugby and tennis. Superfly has mumsnet.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Jan - 9:45

Stop with the smear campaign on the cricket board, Galted. Just because I came 2nd bottom in Pee Jay's competition doesn't give you free reign to undermine me. I'm not BoJo.

We all have our 'other' boards. I have the cricket, Jules has tennis, LiW has rugby, you have Aston Villa. Pee Jay has cricket, rugby and tennis. Superfly has mumsnet.

Just glad you didn't give me Grndr.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 19 Jan - 10:34

I wasn't undermining you, I was exposing Guildford's attempt to marginalise you.  I appreciate that you can't have a go at Guildford himself, but surely you could have directed your bile at Alfie or Ollie instead?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 10:37

Galted wrote:

I wasn't undermining you, I was exposing Guildford's attempt to marginalise you.  I appreciate that you can't have a go at Guildford himself, but surely you could have directed your bile at Alfie or Ollie instead?

But I like alfie and Olly.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Jan - 10:41

Galted wrote:

Cabin boy.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 10:44

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Cabin boy.

Roger?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Jan - 10:53

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Cabin boy.

Roger?

Tahiti looks nice....

Simon.... Tahiti.

Roger... wilco.

Spoiler:

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 19 Jan - 10:54

Pal Joey wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:

Cabin boy.

Roger?

Tahiti looks nice....

Simon.... Tahiti.

Roger.

Spoiler:

I looked a lot younger then, didn't I?

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Jan - 10:58

Galted wrote:

I think Alfie has just had a pop at Galted and me for lowering the tone of the cricket boards. I now feel a deep sense of shame.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 19 Jan - 11:06

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

I think Alfie has just had a pop at Galted and me for lowering the tone of the cricket boards.  I now feel a deep sense of shame.  

Good Lord no ! Your presence on the cricket board adds to the mystique surrounding this peculiar sport...and gives me someone else to outdo in PJ's tipping competition...

Everyone is welcome. Though uncouth language is generally frowned upon. We do have our standards angel

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Jan - 11:12

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

I think Alfie has just had a pop at Galted and me for lowering the tone of the cricket boards.  I now feel a deep sense of shame.  

Saw that. He fears you've turned that one into some sort of slagging-off arena. A bit harsh. I'm in there by reference too. I'll bear that in mind for the final England-India Test tipping comp in July. I guess he feels a little upset by the recent showings on the cricket pitch (despite his poor attempts at jinxing) but that's still no reason to have a dig at us.

I'm pretty sure John McAleese wouldn't put up with that sort of talk behind his back. Do you know about him, Super?
He's some tough SAS bloke from Glasgow who went on an ill-fated mission to knock off Pablo Escobar in Columbia. In the documentary he talks about his violent upbringing on the estate next to the prison and how he would get drunk and look for a fight every night... until he found his calling. Though not before he went to prison first.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by alfie Wed 19 Jan - 11:28

Poor attempts ! I did get Steve Smith to average about 30 and eventually managed to have Marnus dip below 60 despite the best efforts of the England fielders...

Was it my fault Head and that Pakistani chap turned up and made squillions while I was busy elsewhere ?

I need Trebell back to mount a proper Jinx Campaign...

alfie

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 19 Jan - 11:37

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

Saw that. He fears you've turned that one into some sort of slagging-off arena. A bit harsh. I'm in there by reference too. I'll bear that in mind for the final England-India Test tipping comp in July. I guess he feels a little upset by the recent showings on the cricket pitch (despite his poor attempts at jinxing) but that's still no reason to have a dig at us.

I'm pretty sure John McAleese wouldn't put up with that sort of talk behind his back. Do you know about him, Super?
He's some tough SAS bloke from Glasgow who went on an ill-fated mission to knock off Pablo Escobar in Columbia. In the documentary he talks about his violent upbringing on the estate next to the prison and how he would get drunk and look for a fight every night... until he found his calling. Though not before he went to prison first.

If you watch the 3rd series of Narcos one of the main characters is an electronics surveillance expert working for the Cali cartel. In real life he got the gig on the back of setting up the mission of which you speak, because he had links to the mercenary team who carried it out. How he made those links I have no idea but he is a fascinating character, and there is a podcast with an interview with him that is terrific.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 19 Jan - 11:41

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

He's quite insufferable these days, I far prefer Michael McPalin and Eric McIdle.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Jan - 11:45

alfie wrote:Poor attempts ! I did get Steve Smith to average about 30 and eventually managed to have Marnus dip below 60 despite the best efforts of the England fielders...

Was it my fault Head and that Pakistani chap turned up and made squillions while I was busy elsewhere ?

I need Trebell back to mount a proper Jinx Campaign...

You were hopeless and pathetic ! Root averaged about 30 too... and as for the others; the less said. You can't keep blaming the fielding. It was what it was. Australia got sloppy too but more towards the end of the series. And let's not talk about the bowling averages, eh? Felt sorry for Wood though.

You need to take a leaf out of my book. Disappear completely off the thread (as I did so successfully on Day 3) and then quietly reappear early in the evening (preferably partially naked) when the damage has been done. Who needs Trebs? Smile

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 11:46

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

That was the moment you felt a deep sense of shame?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Jan - 11:56

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

That was the moment you felt a deep sense of shame?

I respect Alfie.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 12:44

superflyweight wrote:

I respect Alfie.  

Really?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Jan - 13:04

superflyweight wrote:

I respect Alfie.  

Really?

For having a pop at Galted.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 19 Jan - 13:08

Galted wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

He's quite insufferable these days, I far prefer Michael McPalin and Eric McIdle.
Terry McGilliam is sorely underrated. That voice, just that voice.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 19 Jan - 13:11

And for what it's worth I strongly approve of the cricket boards and here melting into each other. It's a collaboration both have been crying out for.

I can't wait for the next England vs India series where the cricket boards resident soothsayer in KP_fan has to deal with this changing dynamic.

king_carlos

superflyweight likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 13:13

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:

I respect Alfie.  

Really?

For having a pop at Galted.  

Ah, now it makes sense.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 19 Jan - 13:15

Pal Joey wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:

Never heard of McAleese, PJ. He does sound like any number of nutters from Scotland that are best avoided.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 19 Jan - 13:44

I just caught the end of the programme but then recorded it the next time it was on. I'd never heard of him either. It was basically about a bunch of mercenaries who got backed by a rebel cartel to eliminate Escobar. However, their plane crashed as it flew into some low cloud and ended up in the jungle. Most survived to tell the story.

It was probably fortunate for them though considering Pablo had about 80 armed guards at the Hacienda Napoles. At the time, however, they were all glued to the TV watching Atlético Nacional win their first Copa Libertadores... but even so I'd say the hit team's chances would have been pretty slim.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 19 Jan - 14:50

People who pack their shopping after the have paid, rather than bagging it as you go on the self checkouts are a bunch of c***s

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 19 Jan - 14:59

rIck_dAgless wrote:People who pack their shopping after the have paid, rather than bagging it as you go on the self checkouts are a bunch of c***s

Can you sue them?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 20 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 20  Next