The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

+13
king_carlos
compelling and rich
Gooseberry
alfie
James100
Duty281
Soul Requiem
superflyweight
Lowlandbrit
guildfordbat
Mind the windows Tino.
KP_fan
Pal Joey
17 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:48 am

The 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Rules:

1.
Pick 2 (two) batsmen and 2 (two) bowlers from both England and Australia who you think will score the most runs and take the most wickets.
You get both batting and bowling points per innings so a bowler who scores runs has both batting and bowling scores added together.
e.g.
Warner, Labuschagne, Starc, Cummins
Malan, Root, Broad, Anderson


2.
Pick 1 (one) fielder from each team; excluding wicket keepers for most catches in the Series.
It can be a bowler (for c&b) if you want.
e.g.
Smith, Stokes


3.
Select which wicket keeper will take the greatest number of catches, stumpings and run outs combined for each Test.
If a wicket keeper is injured then the replacement keeper's figures shall be used.
e.g.
Australia (Carey) or England (Bairstow... or Buttler) or the same number of dismissals.


4.
Predict the Toss:
a) Who wins the toss?
e.g.
Australia


b) Winning captain's decision - bat or field?
e.g.
Bat


5.
a) Predict the 1st Ashes Test result.
e.g.
Australia or England or Draw


Selections must be posted a minimum one (1) hour before the commencement of each Test. No PM reminders shall be sent.


Scoring:

Note:
The figures in bold below represent changes to previous competition scoring values.
I have increased the bonus amounts - for batting and bowling bonuses, the toss and captain's decision and for correctly selecting the test match result - for added point-scoring value.


1.
1 point for every run scored by your nominated batsmen. Add together for each Test.
Bonus 25 points for 100 runs.
extra 30 points for 150 runs.
extra 45 points for 200 runs.
extra 60 points for 250 runs.
extra 125 bonus points for 300+ runs.

Note: the batting & bowling score bonuses accumulate so;

Batting: (per innings)
100 runs = 125 points. A player scores 137 runs + 25 = 162 points.
150 runs = 205 points. A player scores 177 runs + 25 + 30 = 232 points.
200 runs = 300 points. A player scores 243 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 = 343 points.
250 runs = 410 points. A player scores 282 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 442 points
300+ runs = 585 points. A player scores 321 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 125 = 606 points.

Bowling: (per innings)
25 points per wicket with a bonus 50 points for a 5-fer.
An extra 30 points for 6-fer, 45 for 7-fer, 60 for 8-fer, 75 for 9-fer.
An extra 100 bonus points for a 10-fer.

5 wickets = 125 points + 50 = 175 points
6 wickets = 150 points + 50 + 30 = 230 points.
7 wickets = 175 points + 50 + 30 + 45 = 300 points
8 wickets = 200 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 385 points
9 wickets = 225 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 = 485 points
10 wickets = 250 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 + 100 = 610 points

Caught and bowled = 25 points for the wicket + 25 bonus points for the catch = 50 points.

2.
Fielder catches: Your nominated fieldsman earns you 25 points per catch and 25 points for a run out.

3.
Wicket keepers: 50 points for correct selection for most dismissals across both innings.
Or if you think the wicket keepers will take the same number of total dismissals per innings - then nominate "the same" = 50 points.
If they take the same number of catches and stumpings (combined) and you've picked either one of the keepers - then you earn 25 points only.

4.
a) Correctly predict who wins the toss = 25 points
b) Correctly predict what the winning Captain decides to do = 25 points - only for those with part a) above correct; no points if your a) was incorrect.

5.
a) Correctly predict the winning team for each Test match = 125 points.
b) If you guess all 5 Test match outcomes correctly then there is a further 125 point bonus = 625 + 125 = 750 points.
Note: Correctly predict a "Draw" = 125 points

If one (or more) of your selected players gets injured during a match or is dropped from the Test side after a match, then you’ll have the opportunity to select replacement players – either as it happens - for the injured player or before the next Test commences (for a player who gets dropped).
It doesn’t have to be the actual substitute player – it can be somebody else already in the team. However, you don’t receive any of their previous points up until the point of the replacement of the injured player from the field – you must start accumulating points from scratch with them.

*****

December 8-12, 2021: 1st Test at The 'Gabba, Brisbane. Australia won by 9 wickets (1-0)

December 16-20, 2021: 2nd Test (D/N) at Adelaide Oval. Australia won by 275 runs (2-0)

December 26-30, 2021: 3rd Test at MCG. Australia won by an innings and 14 runs (3-0)

January 5-9, 2022: 4th Test at SCG. Match drawn (3-0)

January 14-18, 2022: 5th Test (D/N) at Bellerive Oval, Hobart. Australia won by 146 runs (4-0)


*****

Good Luck!


Last edited by Pal Joey on Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:12 am; edited 9 times in total (Reason for editing : 5th Test venue added)
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

KP_fan likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by KP_fan Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:34 am

PJ you are a star with your side show and I am out of my semi-hibernation  just in time

here are my picks

Smith & Cameron Green
Cummins and Hazelwood

Stokes & Malan
Woakes and Robinson

catcher
Stokes and Smith

Aus win the toss
Eng will bat first

Alex Carey the WK

Aus win
KP_fan
KP_fan

Posts : 8653
Join date : 2012-07-27

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:53 am

Thanks for your kind words, KP_fan.

I'm glad to have woken you from your hiatus... how many hours is it since India won? Laugh
It was a fascinating match and I'm sure you feel much better now.

I'm going to spend another day thinking about my selections... just in case there are one or two surprises.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:27 am

Wonderful stuff, Pee Jay.

Batting - Smith and Lab Us Chag Ne / Roooooot and Malan

Bowling - Hazlewood and Starc / Robinson and Anderson

Catchers - W*rner & Root

Keeper - Buttler

Eng win the toss and bat.

Outcome - Draw (this is the one test we catch the Aussies cold and some rain helps)

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:50 am

Thanks Tino. Darn good choices!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by guildfordbat Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:04 am

Excellent work once more, Joey! clap clap

I'll let you have all my choices in the next day or so but please put me down now for my usual Australian bowlers and tell any other poster who tries to muscle in on them that you've sold out. Wink

guildfordbat

Posts : 15466
Join date : 2011-04-07

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:08 am

Pal Joey wrote:Thanks Tino. Darn good choices!

No, thank you. The amount of work you put into this shames me, Pee Jay. You're a good egg, you really are.

I couldn't decide between Smith and Little Davie for the Aussie catching. Probably should have gone with Smith but it gave me the chance to put an asterix in Little Davies name which amused me if nothing else.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Lowlandbrit Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:25 am

Thanks for doing this again, here are the picks to avoid this time round:

Harris, Smith, Starc, Cummins
Hameed, Root, Stokes, Robinson

Labuschagne, Burns

Carey

Eng field

Draw

Lowlandbrit

Posts : 2298
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Netherlands

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:56 am

Cheers Lowland. OK
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 11:59 am

Pal Joey wrote:The 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Rules:

1.
Pick 2 (two) batsmen and 2 (two) bowlers from both England and Australia who you think will score the most runs and take the most wickets.
You get both batting and bowling points per innings so a bowler who scores runs has both batting and bowling scores added together.
e.g.
Warner, Labuschagne, Starc, Cummins
Malan, Root, Broad, Anderson


2.
Pick 1 (one) fielder from each team; excluding wicket keepers for most catches in the Series.
It can be a bowler (for c&b) if you want.
e.g.
Smith, Stokes


3.
Select which wicket keeper will take the greatest number of catches, stumpings and run outs combined for each Test.
If a wicket keeper is injured then the replacement keeper's figures shall be used.
e.g.
Australia (Carey) or England (Bairstow.. or Buttler) or the same number of dismissals.


4.
Predict the Toss:
a) Who wins the toss?
e.g.
Australia


b) Winning captain's decision - bat or field?
e.g.
Bat


5.
a) Predict the 1st Ashes Test result.
e.g.
Australia or England or Draw


Selections must be posted a minimum one (1) hour before the commencement of each Test. No PM reminders shall be sent.


Scoring:

Note:
The figures in bold below represent changes to previous competition scoring values.
I have increased the bonus amounts - for batting and bowling bonuses, the toss and captain's decision and for correctly selecting the test match result - for added point-scoring value.


1.
1 point for every run scored by your nominated batsmen. Add together for each Test.
Bonus 25 points for 100 runs.
extra 30 points for 150 runs.
extra 45 points for 200 runs.
extra 60 points for 250 runs.
extra 125 bonus points for 300+ runs.

Note: the batting & bowling score bonuses accumulate so;

Batting: (per innings)
100 runs = 125 points. A player scores 137 runs + 25 = 162 points.
150 runs = 205 points. A player scores 177 runs + 25 + 30 = 232 points.
200 runs = 300 points. A player scores 243 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 = 343 points.
250 runs = 410 points. A player scores 282 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 442 points
300+ runs = 585 points. A player scores 321 runs + 25 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 125 = 606 points.

Bowling: (per innings)
25 points per wicket with a bonus 50 points for a 5-fer.
An extra 30 points for 6-fer, 45 for 7-fer, 60 for 8-fer, 75 for 9-fer.
An extra 100 bonus points for a 10-fer.

5 wickets = 125 points + 50 = 175 points
6 wickets = 150 points + 50 + 30 = 230 points.
7 wickets = 175 points + 50 + 30 + 45 = 300 points
8 wickets = 200 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 = 385 points
9 wickets = 225 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 = 485 points
10 wickets = 250 points + 50 + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 + 100 = 610 points

Caught and bowled = 25 points for the wicket + 25 bonus points for the catch = 50 points.

2.
Fielder catches: Your nominated fieldsman earns you 25 points per catch and 25 points for a run out.

3.
Wicket keepers: 50 points for correct selection for most dismissals across both innings.
Or if you think the wicket keepers will take the same number of total dismissals per innings - then nominate "the same" = 50 points.
If they take the same number of catches and stumpings (combined) and you've picked either one of the keepers - then you earn 25 points only.

4.
a) Correctly predict who wins the toss = 25 points
b) Correctly predict what the winning Captain decides to do = 25 points - only for those with part a) above correct; no points if your a) was incorrect.

5.
a) Correctly predict the winning team for each Test match = 125 points.
b) If you guess all 5 Test match outcomes correctly then there is a further 125 point bonus = 625 + 125 = 750 points.
Note: Correctly predict a "Draw" = 125 points

If one (or more) of your selected players gets injured during a match or is dropped from the Test side after a match, then you’ll have the opportunity to select replacement players – either as it happens - for the injured player or before the next Test commences (for a player who gets dropped).
It doesn’t have to be the actual substitute player – it can be somebody else already in the team. However, you don’t receive any of their previous points up until the point of the replacement of the injured player from the field – you must start accumulating points from scratch with them.

*****

December 8-12, 2021: 1st Test at The 'Gabba, Brisbane.

December 16-20, 2021: 2nd Test (D/N) at Adelaide Oval.

December 26-30, 2021: 3rd Test at MCG.

January 5-9, 2022: 4th Test at SCG.

January 14-18, 2022: 5th Test at venue TBC.


*****

Good Luck!
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by superflyweight Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:33 pm

Nice one PJ.

Warner, Smith, Cummins, Starc
Root, Stokes, Robinson, Woakes

Root, Warner

Carey

England, bat

Australia


superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:36 pm

superflyweight wrote:Nice one PJ.  

W*rner, Smith, Cummins, Starc
Root, Stokes, Robinson, Woakes

Root, W*rner

Carey

England, bat

Australia


Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Soul Requiem Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:46 pm

Labuschagne, Smith, Lyon, Cummins
Hameed, Root, Stokes, Robinson

Warner, Stokes

Buttler

Eng field

Australia win

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5672
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Duty281 Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:00 pm

Smith, Labuschagne, Cummins, Hazlewood.
Root, Stokes, Anderson, Wood.

Stokes and Smith as the catchers.

Australia's wicketkeeper.

England win the toss and bowl.

Aussie win.

Thanks again!

Duty281

Posts : 27379
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by James100 Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:29 pm

Thanks PJ, great to see this pop up again!

Smith, Labuschagne, Cummins, Starc
Root, Stokes, Anderson, Wood (Robinson if either of those don't play)

Smith, Root

Carey

Australia, bat

Draw

James100

Posts : 564
Join date : 2016-04-29

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:36 pm

Thanks everyone. I can't believe how quickly this has crept up on us.

I
S
O
L
A
T
I
O
N


S
P
A
C
E

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
The other interesting news from my weekend of isolation was my new hoover arrived. It is f*cking brilliant. A Dyson v11 Absolute. Sucks like nothing I've ever seen. It's made hoovering such a pleasure.

Tino.. I did that on behalf of sean and so you don't have to scroll up so far.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:09 am

OK, that's enough fence sitting...

Labuschagne, Smith, Cummins, Hazlewood
Root, Stokes, Woakes, Robinson

Warner, Stokes

Carey

Australia, field

Draw



So James, it's Robinson for Anderson.  OK


Duty and Tino... who do you want as the replacement for Anderson?

Duty281 wrote:
Root, Stokes, Anderson, Wood.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Bowling - Hazlewood and Starc / Robinson and Anderson
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:29 am

Sup, Pee Jay.

No Anderson. Interesting.

I'll have C+ Oak please.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:35 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sup, Pee Jay.

No Anderson. Interesting.

I'll have C+ Oak please.

Yes, it's only a minor calf strain... as I heard on the news.

So Sir Chris it is.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by alfie Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:49 am

Delighted to remember this in time ... thanks for your efforts , PJ.

Smith Labuschagne Cummins Hazlewood
Root Stokes Broad Robinson (sub Woakes)

Smith Pope

Carey

Australia , field first.

Draw.

alfie

Posts : 16618
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Gooseberry Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 am

Smith, Labushagne
Cummins, Starc
Root and a tin of custard Stokes
Is there a bowler worth picking for England? Woakes and Wood?
Root Smith
Carey
England bat
Aus win

Gooseberry

Posts : 8384
Join date : 2015-02-11

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:57 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Sup, Pee Jay.

No Anderson. Interesting.

I'll have C+ Oak please.

Yes, it's only a minor calf strain... as I heard on the news.

So Sir Chris it is.

C+ Oak (Mark Wood).

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:57 am

Thanks alfie and Goose... great to see you back!

Tino. You'll have to forgive me for not deciphering your code. My rhyming slang is quite rusty... if it ever existed.

OK, you've got Wood and Anne Bancroft's ovver 'alf.  OK
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Mind the windows Tino. likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by guildfordbat Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:18 pm

Here we go then! Thanks again, Joey.

Smith Labuschagne Cummins Starc
Malan Root Woakes Robinson (sub Broad)

Smith
Root

Carey

Australia win toss and field.

Draw.

guildfordbat

Posts : 15466
Join date : 2011-04-07

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by compelling and rich Tue Dec 07, 2021 7:33 pm

cheers for the invite PJ not been on here for quite a while, but with a currently poorly one year old refusing to sleep i reckon ill be watching most of tonight's action so little bit of interest will be a added bonus.

Batsmen Eng - Root & burns
Batsmen Aus- Smith & labuschange

bowlers Eng- wood & robinson
bowlers Aus- cummins & hazlewood

Catchers- Warner & Root

Wicket keeper - carey

Toss- Aus win and bat first

result- draw

compelling and rich

Posts : 5963
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by king_carlos Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:34 pm

Batsman - Smith and Labuschagne, Root and Stokes

Bowlers - Cummins and Starc, Robinson and Wood

Catching - Warner and Root

Wicket-keeper - Buttler

Toss - England win and bat

Result - England win (I have a crippling desire to be different)

king_carlos

Posts : 9556
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Ankh-Morpork

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Afro Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:05 pm

1 Smith Marnus Root Malan
2 Hazlewood Cummins Robinson Broad
3 Warner Stokes
4 Carey
5 England and bat
6 Australia

Cheers PJ and good luck. Heres hoping for a competitive series and some great cricket
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31528
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Thanks everyone. It's just like the old days.

I'll put a link to here on the "Ashes and Other Cricket" thread and see if we can get a few more on board.

Hopefully Olly and JD will be here. They're probably just checking out the weather report which I've gotta say doesn't look too good.
However, watching the morning news right now... there's some reporter standing outside the ground and it's not raining.

Ooooh... the weather icon for Brisbane shows both a grey and a white cloud with lightning flashing quickly. But that's only a prediction, right? Smile
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

king_carlos likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by JDizzle Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:31 pm

Would never miss this PJ! Many thanks again.

Smith Green, Root Stokes
Hazlewood Cummins, Robinson Woakes
Warner, Root
Carey
England and bat
Australia

JDizzle

Posts : 6447
Join date : 2011-03-11

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:46 pm

Thanks JD.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Duty281 Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:05 pm

Pal Joey wrote:Duty and Tino... who do you want as the replacement for Anderson?

Broad. If no Broad then Robinson.

Duty281

Posts : 27379
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:09 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Duty and Tino... who do you want as the replacement for Anderson?

Broad. If no Broad then Robinson.

Cheers Duty.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Good Golly I'm Olly Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:44 pm

Warner Labuschagne Cummins Hazlewood
Pope Root Woakes Robinson

Smith
Root

Carey

Australia win toss and bat

Aussie win


Cheers as ever PJ - good luck to all!
Good Golly I'm Olly
Good Golly I'm Olly
Tractor Boy
Tractor Boy

Posts : 49772
Join date : 2011-09-18
Age : 26
Location : Chris Woakes's wardrobe

Pal Joey likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by James100 Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:56 pm

James100 wrote:Thanks PJ, great to see this pop up again!

Smith, Labuschagne, Cummins, Starc
Root, Stokes, Anderson, Wood (Robinson if either of those don't play)

Smith, Root

Carey

Australia, bat

Draw

No Anderson, so I'll go with Robinson. Given the weather forecast, I'll also switch to Australia bowling if they win the toss.

James100

Posts : 564
Join date : 2016-04-29

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Dolphin Ziggler Tue Dec 07, 2021 11:18 pm

1. Smith and Marnie, Cummins, Starc
Root, Stokes, Wood (or Robinson), Stokes

2. Smith, Root

3. Carey

4. Australia win toss, bat first

5. Australia win

Dolphin Ziggler
Dolphin
Dolphin

Posts : 24079
Join date : 2012-03-01
Age : 33
Location : Making the Kessel Run

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by compelling and rich Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:03 am

compelling and rich wrote:cheers for the invite PJ not been on here for quite a while, but with a currently poorly one year old refusing to sleep i reckon ill be watching most of tonight's action so little bit of interest will be a added bonus.

Batsmen Eng - Root & burns
Batsmen Aus- Smith & labuschange

bowlers Eng- wood & robinson
bowlers Aus- cummins & hazlewood

Catchers- Warner & Root

Wicket keeper - carey

Toss- Aus win and bat first

result- draw

Great start 🙈

compelling and rich

Posts : 5963
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:11 am

Cheers Olly and Dolphin.

James, Robinson noted and also the your change for the toss. England won the toss.

Compelling... that Starc wicket first ball caught me by surprise.
Congratulations on the bub... hopefully there will be some quiet hushed periods where sleep won't be interrupted. Smile
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by guildfordbat Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:15 am

compelling and rich wrote:cheers for the invite PJ not been on here for quite a while, but with a currently poorly one year old refusing to sleep i reckon ill be watching most of tonight's action so little bit of interest will be a added bonus.

Batsmen Eng - Root & burns


bowlers Aus- cummins & hazlewood


Hi compelling - so you've got a poorly one year old who's not sleeping and just seen one of your England batsmen skittled by an Aussie bowler you didn't pick ... oh well, hang in there, mate, things will get better. thumbsup

guildfordbat

Posts : 15466
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:19 am

Dolphin Ziggler wrote:1. Smith and Marnie, Cummins, Starc
Root, Stokes, Wood (or Robinson), Stokes

2. Smith, Root

3. Carey

4. Australia win toss, bat first

5. Australia win

Flipper... I'll ignore the last "Stokes" and have you down for Wood and Robinson as your England bowlers.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:30 am

Alfie - confirming Woakes for Broad.

Afro - your alternative for Broad please.

Guildford - confirming Woakes and Robinson.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by compelling and rich Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:34 am

guildfordbat wrote:
compelling and rich wrote:cheers for the invite PJ not been on here for quite a while, but with a currently poorly one year old refusing to sleep i reckon ill be watching most of tonight's action so little bit of interest will be a added bonus.

Batsmen Eng - Root & burns


bowlers Aus- cummins & hazlewood


Hi compelling - so you've got a poorly one year old who's not sleeping and just seen one of your England batsmen skittled by an Aussie bowler you didn't pick ... oh well, hang in there, mate, things will get better. thumbsup

Not much, my two English batsman combined brilliantly for a total of zero runs

compelling and rich

Posts : 5963
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by compelling and rich Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:34 am

Actually hoping he wakes up again soon so I don’t have to keep watching this

compelling and rich

Posts : 5963
Join date : 2011-02-28
Location : Manchester

Pal Joey and guildfordbat like this post

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Afro Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:01 am

Pal Joey wrote:Alfie - confirming Woakes for Broad.

Afro - your alternative for Broad please.

Guildford - confirming Woakes and Robinson.

Wood please
Afro
Afro
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 31528
Join date : 2011-05-31
Age : 43

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:10 am

Afro wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Alfie - confirming Woakes for Broad.

Afro - your alternative for Broad please.

Guildford - confirming Woakes and Robinson.

Wood please

Thanks Afro.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:34 am

Points Table
1st Test, Brisbane, Day 1:

351 JDizzle [251] *#
334 Gooseberry [334] *#
326 Superflyweight [326] *#
314 Afro [314] *#
313 King Carlos [313] *#
307 KP_Fan [307]
306 Olly [306]
305 Lowlandbrit [305] *
288 Duty [288] *
277 Guildfordbat [277]
276 Alfie [276]
276 Pal Joey [276]
263 Dolphin [263]
263 James [263]
258 Compelling and Rich [258]
255 Soul Requiem [255] *
189 Tino [189] *#

* denotes correct pick England win toss
# denotes correct pick England elected to bat

Average score: 288 [288]

First figure - accumulative score / accumulative average score
Second figure in [brackets] - daily score / daily average

Notes:
JDizzle once again got out to a great start closely followed by Gooseberry. He currently leads by 17 points.
All of us got the bonus 50 points for Cummins' 5-fer... except for Tino.
Tino did, however, correctly pick the toss and the Captain's decision along with JD, Goose, Super, Afro and KC.
Lowland, Soul and Duty got the toss right but thought Joe would opt to bowl/field.
It's an earlier 10:30 (GMT +10) start tomorrow for Day 2... and hopefully the weather will be fine. Smile


Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:26 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added Soul's asterisk)
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by alfie Wed Dec 08, 2021 7:39 am

Not much over zero from my England bats but I think I picked the right Australian bowlers Smile Might be sharing both those factors with a number of other posters though ...


Early days.

alfie

Posts : 16618
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Melbourne.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:15 am

That went well.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Soul Requiem Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:19 am

Thanks as ever PJ, I did pick England to win the toss also.

Soul Requiem

Posts : 5672
Join date : 2019-07-16

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Pal Joey Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:21 am

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That went well.

You were clearly leading for the first half hour or so. Then the rest of the pack came through on the back of Cummo. I thought perhaps you might have had some cunning inside information none of us knew about. I wouldn't panic too much. As we all know things can change pretty quickly.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52315
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed Dec 08, 2021 8:24 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:That went well.

You were clearly leading for the first half hour or so. Then the rest of the pack came through on the back of Cummo. I thought perhaps you might have had some cunning inside information none of us knew about. I wouldn't panic too much. As we all know things can change pretty quickly.

Nah. I just thought he might not be as effective with the added burden of captaincy. That was my logic for not picking him. But that is because I am an absolute moron, Pee Jay.

Great stuff though, champ. Appreciate the effort as ever. I thought you might have got a bit giddy with the Aussie performance and posted the table upside down. Before I remembered I am a moron.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19888
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition Empty Re: 2021-22 Ashes Tipping Competition

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum