The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

+41
PhilBB
Rugby Fan
Collapse2005
BamBam
ScarletSpiderman
Oakdene
yappysnap
doctor_grey
propdavid_london
WELL-PAST-IT
sensisball
Highland Shaun
Filo8
MichaelT
Heaf
Maine man
Old Man
BigTrevsbigmac
RiscaGame
Recwatcher16
Mr Bounce
TheMildlyFranticLlama
Pot Hale
Welshmushroom
Sgt_Pooly
profitius
Margin_Walker
Cumbrian
nathan
Poorfour
BigGee
lostinwales
geoff999rugby
LeinsterFan4life
Fluxy
Hazel Sapling
No 7&1/2
king_carlos
Geordie
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
45 posters

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 8 Empty SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 18 Jan 2022, 9:21 pm

First topic message reminder :

GeordieFalcon wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:I think Schoeman has been injured for nearly all his time at Bath. Can play 10 and 15 though.

Chiefs look set to sign Leinster second row Dunne a 6ft8 122kg 21 year old for next season. Hasn't played this season yet due to an ankle injury. Replacement for one of the outgoing internationals it seems.

Just what we need!

At least your youngsters will get lots of game time.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 8 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by Geordie Thu 12 May 2022, 6:14 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
GeordieFalcon wrote:Falcons sign Doncaster lock Josh Peters....we must be losing some locks

According to Wikipedia he's a big lad. Robinson and Peterson has been near constants for you all season, maybe just a bit of squad depth?

Yeah he's a big unit...6'8 and 18.5 stone.

Fuser is out of contract and barely played this season so I suspect he's gone.

We have George Merrick, Montgomery, and Dalton,

Geordie

Back to top Go down

SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21 - Page 8 Empty Re: SILLY SEASON TRANSFER RUMOURS 20/21

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 May 2022, 6:35 pm

I keep forgetting you've got Merrick. I thought he'd be a really good signing for you guys.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 12 May 2022, 10:16 pm

Barely played a game Sam...but then you know what Dean's like either his Injury info...Merrick could have been injured loads.

Geordie

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Thu 12 May 2022, 10:40 pm

Academy re-signings:
Joe Browning
Jacob Cusick
Sam Edwards
Emeka Ilione
Tom Manz
Archie Vanes

Senior squad re-signings:
Chris Ashton
Sean Jansen
Kini Murimurivalu
Harry Simmons
Richard Wigglesworth

New Signings:
Joe Cokanasiga
Olly Cracknell
James Cronin
Jimmy Gopperth
Handre Pollard
Anthony Watson

A lot of good news for Tigers when listed out.

With Nadolo moving on I'm delighted with Watson as a starting winger plus Ashton and Murimurivalu as depth.

Also happy that all of Browning, Manz and Simmons have got new deals. They are talented players who have variously been badly effected by injuries, illness and covid preventing game time for younger players. Hopefully all can still kick on.

Cokanasiga should fit into the Tigers squad really well. We need another running threat at 12 as understudy to Kelly.

Hopefully Montoya and Moroni's rumoured re-signings will be announced soon as well.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 13 May 2022, 1:00 am

Joe C or Phil?

Heaf

Back to top Go down

Post by nathan Fri 13 May 2022, 6:20 am

king_carlos wrote:Academy re-signings:
Joe Browning
Jacob Cusick
Sam Edwards
Emeka Ilione
Tom Manz
Archie Vanes

Senior squad re-signings:
Chris Ashton
Sean Jansen
Kini Murimurivalu
Harry Simmons
Richard Wigglesworth

New Signings:
Joe Cokanasiga
Olly Cracknell
James Cronin
Jimmy Gopperth
Handre Pollard
Anthony Watson

A lot of good news for Tigers when listed out.

With Nadolo moving on I'm delighted with Watson as a starting winger plus Ashton and Murimurivalu as depth.

Also happy that all of Browning, Manz and Simmons have got new deals. They are talented players who have variously been badly effected by injuries, illness and covid preventing game time for younger players. Hopefully all can still kick on.

Cokanasiga should fit into the Tigers squad really well. We need another running threat at 12 as understudy to Kelly.

Hopefully Montoya and Moroni's rumoured re-signings will be announced soon as well.

Fairly sure Montoya signed a multi year deal last season.

nathan

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 13 May 2022, 7:43 am

Heaf it's Phil Cockanasiga.

Nathan, Montoya is under contract for another year but the rumour is Tigers are trying to get an extension done early and secure him for the long term. He's apparently happy and close to signing. Would be a good idea to extend his deal by another couple of years. Got a lot of youngsters coming through in the right five and he's a leader and focal point there to build around.

formerly known as Sam

Heaf likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 13 May 2022, 8:26 am

Think we can put to bed the talk that Leicester didn't want to spend to the cap/can't compete financially etc after this though!

That backline could be seriously good with van Poorvliet, Kelly, Cokanasiga, Watson, Steward forming a core for a good few years. Another core with guys in the pack coming through. Going to be a big year for Whitcombe and Heyes next year.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Heaf Fri 13 May 2022, 10:54 am

I was reading a comment on a Bath board about how unfair it was that Watson was leaving them after all the support they'd put in to him - almost brought a tear to my eyes Rolling Eyes - I really must get over this Bath thing ...

Heaf

Geordie, Sgt_Pooly, formerly known as Sam and mikey_dragon like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 May 2022, 12:17 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Think we can put to bed the talk that Leicester didn't want to spend to the cap/can't compete financially etc after this though!

That backline could be seriously good with van Poorvliet, Kelly, Cokanasiga, Watson, Steward forming a core for a good few years. Another core with guys in the pack coming through. Going to be a big year for Whitcombe and Heyes next year.

And yet "potentially" lose most of it to internationals....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 13 May 2022, 1:05 pm

That's why we have the play offs.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 13 May 2022, 10:55 pm

Seems the falcons have about 3-5 new signings to announce and a host of kids going in to the senior academy...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Sat 14 May 2022, 1:59 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Seems the falcons have about 3-5 new signings to announce and a host of kids going in to the senior academy...

Any rumours GF?

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Sun 15 May 2022, 9:02 am

Rp is saying one is Coventry 9 Josh Barton.

Don't know much about him but a quick YouTube check ( I know) shows a decent player. Not Electric quick but looks an excellent support and link player ..just always in the right place to keep a move going ...shows intelligence and something we are crying out for to be honest
Looks like he has played alot of his early rugby at 10 and it shows in his game.

We shall see....don't have any other rumours at all...falcons doing very well this year lol

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 17 May 2022, 2:56 pm

Some more leavers announed from Scarlets and Cardiff. It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up Rob Evans, Tyler Morgan and Will Boyde. I would take Evans at Dragons for sure, Boyde must be on his way back to Scarlets though.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 17 May 2022, 3:01 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Some more leavers announed from Scarlets and Cardiff. It will be interesting to see if anyone picks up Rob Evans, Tyler Morgan and Will Boyde. I would take Evans at Dragons for sure, Boyde must be on his way back to Scarlets though.

Tyler has just joined the Wales 7s set up & is out in Toulouse already.

I can't see Rob going too far away really so thought the Blues or Dragons could be a destination, maybe Gloucester (don't know their stable of LH's).

I'm not sure we need Boyde to be honest & there are rumours that he has been struggling with an eye issue, but we have Josh, Lezana, Davis & Rees. I don't really see Josh getting into the Welsh set up for a couple of years so am unsure if Boyde will come if there's no chance of regular rugby. Given it was an agreed termination of contract, he must have a move in place already.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 17 May 2022, 3:17 pm

Tyler isn't coming back to us that much I know.

You know more about Boyde than me. I don't know why you'd sign Lezana when Boyde was likely to become available again.

Josh McLeod was probably Wales' best on form but then he kept getting injured, reminds me of our Ollie Griffiths!

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Tue 17 May 2022, 3:22 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Tyler isn't coming back to us that much I know.

You know more about Boyde than me. I don't know why you'd sign Lezana when Boyde was likely to become available again.

Josh McLeod was probably Wales' best on form but then he kept getting injured, reminds me of our Ollie Griffiths!

I am unsure if anyone knew given he has reached an agreement to terminate his contract. I much prefer Lezana to Boyde personally.

Yeah I hope he can get a season or two injury free & get back to his best.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 17 May 2022, 8:06 pm

Well, if there was a choice between the 2 I think most would choose Lezana. My point is Scarlets had other 7 options available, and in Wales we tend to produce a lot of open-sides. We should not be buying people in the back row unless it's a decent No.8.

I think it was obivious Boyde would move on once it was announced that Thomas Young was coming home, what with Navidi, Jenkins and Botham still there. Why not also track the good open-sides playing for English teams... teams like Bristol and Leicester for example.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 17 May 2022, 8:09 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Well, if there was a choice between the 2 I think most would choose Lezana. My point is Scarlets had other 7 options available, and in Wales we tend to produce a lot of open-sides. We should not be buying people in the back row unless it's a decent No.8.

I think it was obivious Boyde would move on once it was announced that Thomas Young was coming home, what with Navidi, Jenkins and Botham still there. Why not also track the good open-sides playing for English teams... teams like Bristol and Leicester for example.

Mits off Reffell. He's had a great season and picked up the nickname "Tommy Turnover". Hopefully he signs a nice long term deal before getting capped this summer.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 17 May 2022, 8:28 pm

I hope so for his sake.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 18 May 2022, 8:08 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Well, if there was a choice between the 2 I think most would choose Lezana. My point is Scarlets had other 7 options available, and in Wales we tend to produce a lot of open-sides. We should not be buying people in the back row unless it's a decent No.8.

Mits off Reffell. He's had a great season and picked up the nickname "Tommy Turnover". Hopefully he signs a nice long term deal before getting capped this summer.

How much is left on his current contract? Someone told me a year but unsure if that is correct.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2022, 9:04 am

Oakdene wrote:

How much is left on his current contract? Someone told me a year but unsure if that is correct.

He renewed in 2020 but how long is left I don't know. At that point we were handing out long term contracts to promising youngsters. JVP and Martin got four year deals for instance. Henderson came in on a three year deal.

formerly known as Sam

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by ScarletSpiderman Wed 18 May 2022, 9:59 am

A while back, there was Western Fail talk of Leicester being after Steff Hughes anyone know if that might be the case?

I honestly think Rob Evs will end up at Cardiff, unless he has given up on international, in which case he could end up in England or France. He has said that he would be interested in trying them at some point.

Personally I’d love to see Boyde come home. He didn’t want to leave, and if I remember right it was Moar and Delaney that said he was not required. I think we need backfire cover. We have lost Cubby and Ton Phillips, and Will can cover 6-8.
ScarletSpiderman
ScarletSpiderman

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Wed 18 May 2022, 10:16 am

ScarletSpiderman wrote:A while back, there was Western Fail talk of Leicester being after Steff Hughes anyone know if that might be the case?  

I honestly think Rob Evs will end up at Cardiff, unless he has given up on international, in which case he could end up in England or France.  He has said that he would be interested in trying them at some point.

Personally I’d love to see Boyde come home.  He didn’t want to leave, and if I remember right it was Moar and Delaney that said he was not required.  I think we need backfire cover.  We have lost Cubby and Ton Phillips, and Will can cover 6-8.

I can't see Boyde wanting to come back to be honest given the way he left us. Also I don't think we need anymore back row cover, I thinking signing an out & out lock is priority.

I think Rob will end up somewhere in England, possibly somewhere near the boarder like Worcester or Gloucester.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2022, 10:28 am

The Steff Hughes rumours died off when Tigers picked up Gopperth and Phil Cokanasiga. Not sure we need another centre now. The presumption amongst the fans is that Borthwick wanted the option of a playmaker at 12 if Pollard required assistance getting the backline moving but also a back up for Kelly. Gopperth and Cokanasiga cover that individually whereas Hughes would have covered both. Price I assume will be similar. PC and Gopperth are both EQ as well which helps.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 May 2022, 10:36 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:The Steff Hughes rumours died off when Tigers picked up Gopperth and Phil Cokanasiga. Not sure we need another centre now. The presumption amongst the fans is that Borthwick wanted the option of a playmaker at 12 if Pollard required assistance getting the backline moving but also a back up for Kelly. Gopperth and Cokanasiga cover that individually whereas Hughes would have covered both. Price I assume will be similar. PC and Gopperth are both EQ as well which helps.

Didn't realise Gopperth was EQ thought he'd been tied to NZ through their youth team.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2022, 10:44 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:The Steff Hughes rumours died off when Tigers picked up Gopperth and Phil Cokanasiga. Not sure we need another centre now. The presumption amongst the fans is that Borthwick wanted the option of a playmaker at 12 if Pollard required assistance getting the backline moving but also a back up for Kelly. Gopperth and Cokanasiga cover that individually whereas Hughes would have covered both. Price I assume will be similar. PC and Gopperth are both EQ as well which helps.

Didn't realise Gopperth was EQ thought he'd been tied to NZ through their youth team.

Hmm don't know. That is generally a mire isn't it, as it will depend who he played etc. I remember there being some low key mumblings about him being called up years back and it never happened, whether there was actually any weight to it who knows and doesn't really matter. If he can count as EQ that would be handy but not the end of the world as I doubt he'll actually play that much.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 May 2022, 10:52 am

He's getting on a bit but he's definitely an upgrade on Lancaster.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2022, 11:01 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:He's getting on a bit but he's definitely an upgrade on Lancaster.

This is true. He's an ice cool goal kicker and hits above his weight in defence so could be handy for close games.

Lancaster not working out was a shame but we've got two age grade playmakers from under 18s and under 19s in Meredith and Walsh so we've got young options at 10 and under 18 Woodward at 12.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 May 2022, 12:33 pm

You wouldn't want Hughes anyway, too average. I doubt he'd make the first team anywhere unless it was the Championship.

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 May 2022, 12:34 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:

Hmm don't know. That is generally a mire isn't it, as it will depend who he played etc. I remember there being some low key mumblings about him being called up years back and it never happened, whether there was actually any weight to it who knows and doesn't really matter. If he can count as EQ that would be handy but not the end of the world as I doubt he'll actually play that much.

Even if he was tied, I think now he'd be untied under the new laws. He hasn't played for any international team and is tied by residency - or is it just birth place/parentage only that counts?

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2022, 12:48 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:

Even if he was tied, I think now he'd be untied under the new laws. He hasn't played for any international team and is tied by residency - or is it just birth place/parentage only that counts?

I don't think you can untie yourself and then opt for a nation you qualify for on residency. Has to be a family or birth link.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 18 May 2022, 1:02 pm

Yup needs to be birth or family.

Huw Jones off to Glasgow at the end of the season. Big loss of cover for Harlequins that. Probably doesn't make their strongest team but really excellent sub at full time or centre.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Wed 18 May 2022, 1:42 pm

Gopperth has been fantastic for Wasps when I've seen him this season despite his age to be fair.

9.Wigglesworth - 39
10.Burns - 32
11.Nadolo - 34
12.Gopperth - 39
13.Scott - 32
14.Ashton - 35
15.Murimurivalu - 32

There's a strange part of my brain that wants Tigers to field that backline before Nadolo moves back to Oz. If Nadolo and Murimurivalu are left out by Fiji in the AIs then you never know!

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by Poorfour Wed 18 May 2022, 1:53 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Yup needs to be birth or family.

Huw Jones off to Glasgow at the end of the season. Big loss of cover for Harlequins that. Probably doesn't make their strongest team but really excellent sub at full time or centre.

Can't begrudge him that, but once he got on the team's wavelength he's done a very good job as a backup fullback. I suspect he's an expensive player to keep, and returning to Scotland on a high will help with his international ambitions. We've got David, Green (once he's back from injury) and potentially Lynagh or Murley to cover FB, and Esterhuizen, Marchant, Northmore, Anyanwu and Hyde at centre, so the squad depth is ok.
Poorfour
Poorfour

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 May 2022, 4:20 pm

Falcons have signed 21 year old Ospreys fly half Josh Thomas....?

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 18 May 2022, 6:54 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Falcons have signed 21 year old Ospreys fly half Josh Thomas....?

Google suggests he's pretty small by pro rugby standards and also plays 15. On that basis I presume he's quick and got a step. I'm sure the Welsh posters on here will help you out with what he's like.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Wed 18 May 2022, 8:19 pm

Yeah, could be interesting.
It certainly suggests we're looking to really attack properly from 9 and 10...

Maybe there's light at the end of the tunnel.

We have an abundance of attacking talent out wide...that's for sure...

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Wed 18 May 2022, 10:25 pm

GeordieFalcon wrote:Falcons have signed 21 year old Ospreys fly half Josh Thomas....?

Google suggests he's pretty small by pro rugby standards and also plays 15. On that basis I presume he's quick and got a step. I'm sure the Welsh posters on here will help you out with what he's like.

Don’t recall seeing him. Ospreys aren’t know for producing good backs these days…

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 19 May 2022, 8:21 am

He's a solid 10 but was never going to get much game time now Anscombe is back as he is behind him & Myler (who has just signed an extension).

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 19 May 2022, 9:20 am

Does he has decent skills for a 10 which can be developed.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by Oakdene Thu 19 May 2022, 9:31 am

GeordieFalcon wrote:Does he has decent skills for a 10 which can be developed.

Yes, I think if he gets a good run of games he could develop nicely.

Oakdene

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 19 May 2022, 1:10 pm

Well its looking like these are leaving...

Cooper
Burrell
Hodgson
Basham
Fuser
Montgomery - Ealing?
Farrar - Ealing

Those of note would be Luther Burrell, Kyle Cooper and Josh Basham...

Basham surely going back to Irish and thats a good signing for them, whilst Cooper would be a very good signing for someone as hooker. Maybe the Worcester rumours are true.

Would any Prem sides be interested in Burrell...not sure, and hes increasingly injury prone.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by mikey_dragon Thu 19 May 2022, 1:22 pm

Well I said I would take Rob Evans, and here he is: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/61480444

mikey_dragon

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Thu 19 May 2022, 6:20 pm

We have signed Seb De Chaves on a two year deal...not sure on that one!!

A league game foder if nothing else.

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 20 May 2022, 8:41 am

Rokoduguni leaving Bath then. Probably on his way to Newcastle to force Radwan to the bench.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Geordie Fri 20 May 2022, 9:05 am

Wouldnt be surprised 7.5

Although hopefully with the new coaching team maybe new ideas....

Geordie

Back to top Go down

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 20 May 2022, 9:18 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:Rokoduguni leaving Bath then. Probably on his way to Newcastle to force Radwan to the bench.

I thought he was off to play in the France second division?

Newcastle have signed a couple of squad locks and a back up 9 and 10 so far. Any rumblings of significant movement GF?

Oh I forgot Shoeman the 10/15 from Bath that's some experience for the backline.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 20 May 2022, 9:29 am

Tongue in cheek Sam from Newcastle's recent past ability to take some pretty good raw ingredients and how they allow them to stagnate.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 20 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 14 ... 20  Next