The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+9
seanmichaels
guildfordbat
rIck_dAgless
superflyweight
lostinwales
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
Galted
Pal Joey
13 posters

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 9:32

Bustard tird.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:01

Still busy, angrily watching the person working from home in the flat opposite, he seems to have a much better working set-up than I do.  Prick.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 11:19

Galted wrote:Still busy, angrily watching the person working from home in the flat opposite, he seems to have a much better working set-up than I do.  Prick.

It's probably Julius. Give him a wave.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 13:09

Duty281 wrote:
Galted wrote:Still busy, angrily watching the person working from home in the flat opposite, he seems to have a much better working set-up than I do.  Prick.

I'm tempted to give him a wave in the hope it inspires him to shut his blinds in the future.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 13:17

Duty281 wrote:

Duty thinks I live in a flat 😂

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 15 Feb 2022 - 13:41

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:

Duty thinks I live in a flat 😂

No, no, dear boy. I think you live in a country estate. However, I believe you're currently working from a flat as part of your undercover work for either MI5 or Interpol or the EU.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 8:28

Burgeoning fist.

Hey Tino, I was looking for some old paint tins in the garage early this morning and found this (and 3 others) on the side of one of the cabinets.

White-tailed spider. Lampona cylindrata.

Spoiler:

Quite a fearsome-looking arachnid. Looks half scorpion and has an elongated body. Doesn't kill; but it can make you very sick if you are bitten.

There's a school of thought that they should be left alone since they go hunting at night for redbacks and small insects but are quiet and unobtrusive during the day. The nest is guarded by the female and can contain up to 90 spiderlings. So x 4... I could have had 360 of them lurking around the car.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 8:56

Sicond^3

Morning all

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 9:19

Tird.
I saw a spider the other day and didn't kill it. You're welcome.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 9:33

I relocated a very large stick insect today.

I carefully took it out to the corner of the timber fence and when I put it down it blended in so well I couldn't see where I put it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 9:58

Pal Joey wrote:I relocated a very large stick insect today.

I carefully took it out to the corner of the timber fence and when I put it down it blended in so well I couldn't see where I put it.

I would imagine that the Aussie version of a stick insect is sturdy enough to mix paint with.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 10:36

Galted wrote:

I would imagine that the Aussie version of a stick insect is sturdy enough to mix paint with.

Almost. Our paint is so thick here. I just use a shovel usually.

Galted, is kicking a cat worse than racism? Personally, I'd have pygmy harassment somewhere in between those two misdemeanours.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 10:50

Love the spider picture, Pee Jay. All spiders should be left alone really although I give you permission to (carefully) remove any funnel backs that you find on your property.

We used to have some stick insects (surprisingly). They were called Legolas, Aragorn and Gandalf. They were pretty low maintenance other than the fact I used to tear my hands to shreds getting bramble for them to live on.

I used them as a tooth pick when they died.

I haven't read the full story as it only flashed up on my feed quickly, but I believe a swimmer was killed by a shark in Sydney today? First fatality since 1963?

Hope it wasn't you, champ.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:02

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Galted, is kicking a cat worse than racism? Personally, I'd have pygmy harassment somewhere in between those two misdemeanours.

Depends. From the point of view of the cats they hate all human races equally.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:07

lostinwales wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Depends. From the point of view of the cats they hate all human races equally.

As far as I'm aware, the cat wasn't black so what is the issue here.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:29

Yes, there was a shark attack today. I was actually thinking of going to the beach today but will wait until Friday. I'll go to one of the nicer beaches on the northern side... Bilgola Beach most likely. The beach is more set back from the open sea. Where that guy got taken today was in more open water and unprotected. Asking for trouble...

You should never go for a swim too early in the morning or late in the afternoon or evening. If you do, then always make sure there's a dozen or so surfers further out. Unlike back in the old days when I was a kid - we used to always "go out the back". It was sort of a competition for us.

The place where the guy got attacked is south of Bondi Beach... close to the notorious Long Bay Jail and Botany Bay. I'd never go swimming near there. It's sort of a creepy area (to my mind) with an oil refinery and the airport nearby and also Dave Warner's local hang-out area. So best avoided. I'd also never go swimming 'off the rocks'... you never know what's lurking in the deeper water. I prefer the turquoise shallow waters these days where you can see what's under you.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:...remove any funnel backs...

l*l

Haven't come across any hybrids. That would be truly scary.

Last edited by Pal Joey on Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:41; edited 1 time in total

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:39

Pal Joey wrote:Dave Warner's local hang-out area.

I'd rather take my chances in the water.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:44

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:Dave Warner's local hang-out area.

I'd rather take my chances in the water.

I'd probably prefer to take him out on land. An autographed baseball bat should do the trick.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:48

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:

Depends on the level of racism.  Throwing a bottle at someone and telling them to f*ck off back to where they come from is not really ok unless they're Scottish, but I don't see anything wrong with wearing a St George's cross T-shirt to the offie, which seems to have become a big no-no recently.

Kicking a cat is usually ok as they tend to be absolute c*nts.  I'd kick mine a lot more if she wasn't so quick.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 11:51

Pal Joey wrote:Yes, there was a shark attack today. I was actually thinking of going to the beach today but will wait until Friday. I'll go to one of the nicer beaches on the northern side... Bilgola Beach most likely. The beach is more set back from the open sea. Where that guy got taken today was in more open water and unprotected. Asking for trouble...

You should never go for a swim too early in the morning or late in the afternoon or evening. If you do, then always make sure there's a dozen or so surfers further out. Unlike back in the old days when I was a kid - we used to always "go out the back". It was sort of a competition for us.

The place where the guy got attacked is south of Bondi Beach... close to the notorious Long Bay Jail and Botany Bay. I'd never go swimming near there. It's sort of a creepy area (to my mind) with an oil refinery and the airport nearby and also Dave Warner's local hang-out area. So best avoided. I'd also never go swimming 'off the rocks'... you never know what's lurking in the deeper water. I prefer the turquoise shallow waters these days where you can see what's under you.

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:...remove any funnel backs...

l*l

Haven't come across any hybrids. That would be truly scary.

l*l out loud!

I've created something truly terrifying there!

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 16 Feb 2022 - 12:56

sean could eat chips off a funnel back while he shags it.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 9:09

Unmichaelsing fist of my own michaelsing which itself referred to michaels.  

People, we're through the looking glass here.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 9:22

Sicond^4

Too many dimensions, man

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 11:25

Tird.

Don't really like sharing personal information so I doubt whether I've posted this on here before, but I've discarded my Far Cry 6 sniper rifle in favour of a Rambo bow which fires exploding arrows.  Not an easy decision, as a sniper rifle has been a staple in every Far Cry I've played (bar Primal, which had no such weapons due to it being set in prehistoric times).  So far it's gone well, but will let you know if I run into any difficulties.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 11:37

dynamark wrote:
The thing I never quite got was the alleged action took place here where the age of consent is 16 and she was 17

dynamark's contribution to the Prince Andrew story. He's followed that story and that is his observation. I think I'm losing faith in humanity.

It's a tiny leap from "yeah but look at what she was wearing, definitely gagging for it".

What a bell end.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 11:51

dynamark wrote:
The thing I never quite got was the alleged action took place here where the age of consent is 16 and she was 17

dynamark's contribution to the Prince Andrew story. He's followed that story and that is his observation. I think I'm losing faith in humanity.

It's a tiny leap from "yeah but look at what she was wearing, definitely gagging for it".

What a bell end.

He's the typical xenophobic, sexist and small minded golf club bore.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 11:55

superflyweight wrote:
dynamark wrote:

What a bell end.

He's the typical xenophobic, sexist and small minded golf club bore.  

He did question Jules on Middle England being a literal place so I shouldn't be too surprised.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 12:03

Galted wrote:Tird.

Don't really like sharing personal information so I doubt whether I've posted this on here before, but I've discarded my Far Cry 6 sniper rifle in favour of a Rambo bow which fires exploding arrows.  Not an easy decision, as a sniper rifle has been a staple in every Far Cry I've played (bar Primal, which had no such weapons due to it being set in prehistoric times).  So far it's gone well, but will let you know if I run into any difficulties.

That was a great mission to do, though I've kept the sniper rifle, as I am a Regular bow/sniper/knife loadout traditionalist

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 12:32

rIck_dAgless wrote:

That was a great mission to do, though I've kept the sniper rifle, as I am a Regular bow/sniper/knife loadout traditionalist

Could have been written by Dave about real life.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 12:35

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Although ironically, Serial would almost certainly eviscerate Galted and RIcK for talking gamerz stuff.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 12:57

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Although ironically, Serial would almost certainly eviscerate Galted and RIcK for talking gamerz stuff.

He'd have loved the hoover chat though. Almost certainly bought a very good one that picked up loose hair and teeth.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 13:38

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Especially the idea of being a 'traditionalist' gamer.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 13:41

rIck_dAgless wrote:

I'm not much into stealth, more cowardice so the sniper rifle's usually my first port of call. Have a decent machine gun though and another mid-range rifle which is adequate for headshots from a distance, plus the supremo that blows everything to f*ck. Glad they've ditched all the trippy sh*t that formed a big chunk of previous games.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 13:42

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

I'm not much into stealth, more cowardice so the sniper rifle's usually my first port of call. Have a decent machine gun though and another mid-range rifle which is adequate for headshots from a distance, plus the supremo that blows everything to f*ck. Glad they've ditched all the trippy sh*t that formed a big chunk of previous games.

I'll be dishing out bans in a minute.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 13:44

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

I'll be dishing out bans in a minute.

Please do so. I'll support you.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 13:45

Galted wrote:

I'm not much into stealth, more cowardice so the sniper rifle's usually my first port of call.

You do realise it isn't real life?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:21

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

More a guapo than a boom boom?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:34

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

That's no way to talk about our Mexican friends, Rick.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:44

superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

It means handsome, doesn't it? How's the wind up there, supes? Or do people just think the weather warning is the government and big meteorology trying to control us, by stopping where we can go?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:49

Galted wrote:

I'm not much into stealth, more cowardice so the sniper rifle's usually my first port of call.

You do realise it isn't real life?

I would imagine that on the PS5 it's more realistic than real life.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:51

rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Galtova's fluent in Spanish but she quickly got sick of translating the incidental dialogue for me as it appears to be mostly composed of cussing and insults.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 14:53

rIck_dAgless wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

It means handsome, doesn't it?  How's the wind up there, supes?  Or do people just think the weather warning is the government and big meteorology trying to control us, by stopping where we can go?

It's been a bit blowy but it essentially just means the rest of the country is like Arbroath on every day of the year. Did see a lunatic out for a run last night - he won't be tamed by a raging storm.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 15:28

superflyweight wrote:Did see a lunatic out for a run last night - he won't be tamed by a raging storm.  

Did he get bitten on the d*ck by a dog? Definitely super_insecure if he did.

Do us a favour next time and run the c*nt over.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 15:40

Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Galtova's fluent in Spanish but she quickly got sick of translating the incidental dialogue for me as it appears to be mostly composed of cussing and insults.

Vete a la mierda

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 15:56

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Vete a la mierda

Commierda

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 16:17

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:
Galted wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:

Vete a la mierda

Commierda

That's Spanish dahlin'. Evidently Mr. Galted is an educated man. Now I really hate him.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by lostinwales Thu 17 Feb 2022 - 17:11

rIck_dAgless wrote:...

It means handsome, doesn't it?  How's the wind up there, supes?  Or do people just think the weather warning is the government and big meteorology trying to control us, by stopping where we can go?

The wind up is pretty much the same everywhere

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 7:56

Fist. Building hasn't blown over yet.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 7:58

Sicond.

Make sure you glue the cat down... if you can catch it.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 18 Feb 2022 - 8:00

Pal Joey wrote:Sicond.

Make sure you glue the cat down... if you can catch it.

If the going gets tough she'll probably glue herself to my neck with her claws.

Sad to see that all the UK posters have likely died in the storm. I will miss them with varying degrees of sadness.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 20 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next