The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

+17
incontinentia
Mind the windows Tino.
JuliusHMarx
Duty281
pedro
Galted
I'm never wrong
Soul Requiem
JAS
Shotrock
McLaren
Pal Joey
super_realist
George1507
dynamark
TM2K
beninho
21 posters

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:31 pm

First topic message reminder :

It does seem that this cat video is pretty old. But, also oeople seem more upset about it then say, Chelsea having a player who killed someone when he was drink driving.

We are a nation of animal lovers, my mum was all in on Romanian rescue dogs, not so keen on Romanian people.
,

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down


Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed May 18, 2022 7:51 pm

The same week a Blackpool player comes out, a PSG player refuses to play in a game because he didn't want to wear a rainbow number and support the lqbt community.

Tells you football still has a longcway to go. And sone of the messages of support he is getting are ridiculous.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Wed May 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Football doesn't have a long way to go in this part of the world. Western Europe is (mostly) fantastically loving of the LGBT community, especially in this country. The fact that just one PSG player didn't want to wear a rainbow number highlights the minority of the viewpoint. And Gueye appears to be someone of strong Islamic belief, so his stance shouldn't be surprising.

Duty281

Posts : 27377
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed May 18, 2022 8:19 pm

Strong Islamic belief with no issues having beer and gambling companies on his top. But supporting the guys? That's a step too far. He's just a homophobe trying to use religion as an excuse. And the other players of all sports supporting him are just as bad.


beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Wed May 18, 2022 8:36 pm

He's a homophobe who follows a homophobic religion and is from a homophobic country where the gays get chucked in prison. I'm presuming if he refused to wear shirts with alcohol or gambling companies it would be difficult to follow a career as a professional footballer, so undoubtedly some hypocrisy on his part.

Duty281

Posts : 27377
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed May 18, 2022 8:39 pm

Duty281 wrote:He's a homophobe who follows a homophobic religion and is from a homophobic country where the gays get chucked in prison. I'm presuming if he refused to wear shirts with alcohol or gambling companies it would be difficult to follow a career as a professional footballer, so undoubtedly some hypocrisy on his part.

Pretty much nailed it.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu May 19, 2022 6:15 am

Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Ive always been harsh on fat golfers not taking their fitness seriously.
What sport ever gets the best results by the participants being borderline obese like Lowry?
Its not as if you even have to try hard to be in a good physical shaoe for the game, top golfers are hardly Ronaldo or Djokovic levels of fitness, but that extra 10% could make Lowry a suoerstar in tje game, bit jes content to have a shirter career and win only on talent. Seems a waste to me and if I had his talent, id take my career more seriously than him.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu May 19, 2022 6:18 am

Duty281 wrote:He's a homophobe who follows a homophobic religion and is from a homophobic country where the gays get chucked in prison. I'm presuming if he refused to wear shirts with alcohol or gambling companies it would be difficult to follow a career as a professional footballer, so undoubtedly some hypocrisy on his part.

What would be interesting would be if footballers refused to play with other players from religions who hold these views. Turn it round on the religious moron. Why are people from religions given special treatment? Especially ones as immoral as Christianity and Islam?

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

pedro and Duty281 like this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu May 19, 2022 9:11 am

super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Ive always been harsh on fat golfers not taking their fitness seriously.
What sport ever gets the best results by the participants being borderline obese like Lowry?
Its not as if you even have to try hard to be in a good physical shaoe for the game, top golfers are hardly Ronaldo or Djokovic levels of fitness, but that extra 10% could make Lowry a suoerstar in tje game, bit jes content to have a shirter career and win only on talent. Seems a waste to me and if I had his talent, id take my career more seriously than him.

I agree - borderline obese would be useless in sumo wrestling.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu May 19, 2022 10:13 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Ive always been harsh on fat golfers not taking their fitness seriously.
What sport ever gets the best results by the participants being borderline obese like Lowry?
Its not as if you even have to try hard to be in a good physical shaoe for the game, top golfers are hardly Ronaldo or Djokovic levels of fitness, but that extra 10% could make Lowry a suoerstar in tje game, bit jes content to have a shirter career and win only on talent. Seems a waste to me and if I had his talent, id take my career more seriously than him.

I agree - borderline obese would be useless in sumo wrestling.  

Ha ha ha, I KNEW you would bring that up. What a weak argument for Lowry being Billy Bunter
Tell you what, go and strap 15 kg around your waist, then go and play 4 rounds in four days in Florida humidity and 35c then tell me you feel just as fresh as you would without it.


Last edited by super_realist on Thu May 19, 2022 10:25 am; edited 1 time in total

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu May 19, 2022 10:18 am

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Ive always been harsh on fat golfers not taking their fitness seriously.
What sport ever gets the best results by the participants being borderline obese like Lowry?
Its not as if you even have to try hard to be in a good physical shaoe for the game, top golfers are hardly Ronaldo or Djokovic levels of fitness, but that extra 10% could make Lowry a suoerstar in tje game, bit jes content to have a shirter career and win only on talent. Seems a waste to me and if I had his talent, id take my career more seriously than him.

I agree - borderline obese would be useless in sumo wrestling.  

Ha ha ha, I KNEW you would bring that up. WHA a weak argument for Lowry being Billy Bunter
Tell you what, go and strap 15 kg around your waist, then go and play 4 rounds in four days in Florida humidity and 35c then tell me you feel just as fresh as you would without it.

No, because I couldn't give a f*ck what he weighs or what he looks like.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Thu May 19, 2022 10:26 am

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Ive always been harsh on fat golfers not taking their fitness seriously.
What sport ever gets the best results by the participants being borderline obese like Lowry?
Its not as if you even have to try hard to be in a good physical shaoe for the game, top golfers are hardly Ronaldo or Djokovic levels of fitness, but that extra 10% could make Lowry a suoerstar in tje game, bit jes content to have a shirter career and win only on talent. Seems a waste to me and if I had his talent, id take my career more seriously than him.

I agree - borderline obese would be useless in sumo wrestling.  

Ha ha ha, I KNEW you would bring that up. WHA a weak argument for Lowry being Billy Bunter
Tell you what, go and strap 15 kg around your waist, then go and play 4 rounds in four days in Florida humidity and 35c then tell me you feel just as fresh as you would without it.

No, because I couldn't give a f*ck what he weighs or what he looks like.  

Well science tells us that in order to perform at your peak ability you are better being in peak shape.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Thu May 19, 2022 10:40 am

super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:
super_realist wrote:
Soul Requiem wrote:Or he might enjoy playing less and perform worse, envy is a terrible thing.

Ive never liked Shane, because hes so unprofessional, but i do admire that soneone so lazy and gluttonous can win occasionally.

I wouldnt be so cavalier with my career if I were him. Hardly likely to prolong it when people like him develop diabetes in their 40's.

Lazy people do not win golf majors and certainly don't place in the top ten as many times as Lowry does.

I realise your biggest achievement in life is still existing but don't take that anger out on other people.

Ive always been harsh on fat golfers not taking their fitness seriously.
What sport ever gets the best results by the participants being borderline obese like Lowry?
Its not as if you even have to try hard to be in a good physical shaoe for the game, top golfers are hardly Ronaldo or Djokovic levels of fitness, but that extra 10% could make Lowry a suoerstar in tje game, bit jes content to have a shirter career and win only on talent. Seems a waste to me and if I had his talent, id take my career more seriously than him.

I agree - borderline obese would be useless in sumo wrestling.  

Ha ha ha, I KNEW you would bring that up. WHA a weak argument for Lowry being Billy Bunter
Tell you what, go and strap 15 kg around your waist, then go and play 4 rounds in four days in Florida humidity and 35c then tell me you feel just as fresh as you would without it.

No, because I couldn't give a f*ck what he weighs or what he looks like.  

Well science tells us that in order to perform at your  peak ability you are better being in peak shape.

Why do you care? He's made a great living out of his talent and he seems happy. Obsessing about how much people weigh and what they look like doesn't seem to be making you a happy person.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Duty281 Thu May 19, 2022 11:24 am

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2022/05/19/obese-people-will-soon-outnumber-healthy-britain/

Obese people will outnumber those of a healthy weight within five years, a stark report warns. The study by Cancer Research UK shows that by 2027, those whose weight does not compromise their health will be in the minority. The forecasts show four in 10 will be obese within two decades, while seven in 10 will be overweight or obese. Currently 28 per cent of adults in the UK are obese, while 34 per cent are of healthy weight. But Britain’s weight gain means that by 2027, 32.4 per cent will be obese - overtaking the 31.9 per cent in the healthy category.

Good heavens.

Duty281

Posts : 27377
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Fri May 20, 2022 4:14 pm

beninho wrote:He's just a homophobe trying to use religion as an excuse.


Yes but without the religious dogma in the first place he might not be a homophobe. Religions are probably the best way to get good people to hold terrible positions.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16940
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by dynamark Fri May 20, 2022 8:38 pm

John Daly looking well ?
Alternate career as Captain BIrdseye and Santa Claus on the horizon.Think back to his first big win 5th reserve or whatever caddie screaming 'rip it john ' what a thing then the open at St Andrews weird but great

dynamark

Posts : 1996
Join date : 2011-03-10

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Mon May 23, 2022 12:01 pm

McLaren wrote:
beninho wrote:He's just a homophobe trying to use religion as an excuse.


Yes but without the religious dogma in the first place he might not be a homophobe. Religions are probably the best way to get good people to hold terrible positions.

Absolutely Mac. This is a religion (just like Christianity) which calls for execution of gay people, and in many countries is actually practiced. His immoral beliefs dictate he holds that position.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue May 31, 2022 10:35 am

This board is dead. Shame.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Tue May 31, 2022 1:13 pm

Yes sadly that might be the case.

Does anyone on here use any other forums? I would think about joining if there were a few 606'ers elsewhere.

Super, do you have any social media or anything I can follow?
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16940
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue May 31, 2022 1:49 pm

McLaren wrote:Yes sadly that might be the case.

Does anyone on here use any other forums? I would think about joining if there were a few 606'ers elsewhere.

Super, do you have any social media or anything I can follow?

Ha ha, no Mac. I'm a middle aged man. Social media is not aimed at my demographic.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri Jun 03, 2022 12:40 pm

Good to see liv golf paying its amateurs

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:45 pm

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Yes sadly that might be the case.

Does anyone on here use any other forums? I would think about joining if there were a few 606'ers elsewhere.

Super, do you have any social media or anything I can follow?

Ha ha, no Mac. I'm a middle aged man. Social media is not aimed at my demographic.

Depends what social media you use, if it’s your thing I suppose. Age doesn’t really come into it, shouldn’t at least.

Am on Facebook, although don’t use it a hell of a lot.
Do like Instagram.

Again it’s another each to their own choice I suppose.

westisbest

Posts : 7759
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Fri Jun 03, 2022 10:49 pm

Anyone seen the new Top Gun film?
As good as they are saying?

westisbest

Posts : 7759
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:26 am

westisbest wrote:Anyone seen the new Top Gun film?
As good as they are saying?

I enjoyed it. If you liked the first one (which I did when it came out in '86) you'll like this one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21201
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Sat Jun 04, 2022 12:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
westisbest wrote:Anyone seen the new Top Gun film?
As good as they are saying?

I enjoyed it. If you liked the first one (which I did when it came out in '86) you'll like this one.
Yeah looks good.
Might try and catch it next week.

Top Gun was really good.

westisbest

Posts : 7759
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Shotrock Mon Jun 06, 2022 12:24 pm

Mac - GolfClubAtlas.com is a good forum. A few discussions go off the rails, but generally well run.

Somewhat geeky, with a decided bent to golf course design.




Shotrock

Posts : 3822
Join date : 2011-05-10
Location : Philadelphia

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:13 am

Boris has 6 months, tops.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Tue Jun 07, 2022 8:42 am

beninho wrote:Boris has 6 months, tops.

Agree. It's amazing that British politics can be as much a laughing stock as the US.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:06 am

super_realist wrote:
McLaren wrote:Yes sadly that might be the case.

Does anyone on here use any other forums? I would think about joining if there were a few 606'ers elsewhere.

Super, do you have any social media or anything I can follow?

Ha ha, no Mac. I'm a middle aged man. Social media is not aimed at my demographic.
Tom Cruise is nearly 60. That doesn't hold him back from flying fighter jets... Very Happy

pedro

Posts : 7252
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:07 am

beninho wrote:Boris has 6 months, tops.
So I guess he's gonna party like it's 1999?

pedro

Posts : 7252
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by McLaren Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:53 pm

Shotrock wrote:Mac - GolfClubAtlas.com is a good forum. A few discussions go off the rails, but generally well run.

Somewhat geeky, with a decided bent to golf course design.




I'm actually a member there but haven't posted for many years. Just can't compete with the depth and breadth of courses played that most of the other members have.

I still enjoy reading the posts though.
McLaren
McLaren

Posts : 16940
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:31 am

Bleeding heart lefties get Rwanda flight cancelled. What a surprise.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:44 am

super_realist wrote:Bleeding heart lefties get Rwanda flight cancelled. What a surprise.

Hey?


I think the people who got it cancelled were the people who set it up badly so that it breach the laws. If it didn't, and it was dealt with correctly it wouldn't have been cancelled.

But racist policies probably shoukd be banned.

Still very unsure how Ukranian nationals are able to walk into the country without any status and get stamped with 6 months while almost anyone else, they try and ship off.

Good migrants and bad migrants.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:50 am

beninho wrote:
super_realist wrote:Bleeding heart lefties get Rwanda flight cancelled. What a surprise.

Hey?


I think the people who got it cancelled were the people who set it up badly so that it breach the laws. If it didn't, and it was dealt with correctly it wouldn't have been cancelled.

But racist policies probably shoukd be banned.

Still very unsure how Ukranian nationals are able to walk into the country without any status and get stamped with 6 months while almost anyone else, they try and ship off.

Good migrants and bad migrants.

In what way is it racist? If Rwanda was a good enough place for the UN to send people from Libya, Afghanistan and Burundi, why is it wrong for Britain or Denmark.

If we were processing them in Switzerland no one would complain, but isn't it unconscious bias and racism to see Africa as an unsuitable place?

Ukrainians arent economic migrants and are fleeing a dangerous country.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

pedro likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed Jun 15, 2022 7:59 am

We are not processing them in rwanda.

Ukrainians have gone through a number of countries to get to the UK why don't they stay and claim in thise countries? That's the argument isn't it?

The funny thing is, it was never going to happen, and is a no lose policy. If they ship asylum seekers off to another country, people who don't like them get all excited, if the policy is do bad it gets defeated in court or if the home office do such a bad job they have to remove people they wanted to send, the same people get all excited about blaming lefty. Which is obviously stupid.

It's a terrible policy.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:03 am

beninho wrote:We are not processing them in rwanda.

Ukrainians have gone through a number of countries to get to the UK why don't they stay and claim in thise countries? That's the argument isn't it?

The funny thing is, it was never going to happen, and is a no lose policy. If they ship asylum seekers off to another country, people who don't like them get all excited, if the policy is do bad it gets defeated in court or if the home office do such a bad job they have to remove people they wanted to send, the same people get all excited about blaming lefty. Which is obviously stupid.

It's a terrible policy.
Yes, they are being processed in Rwanda. If you'd actually read the policy you would know this. They are able to move to Britain once it is established they meet the criteria.
Ukrainians are getting on a flight and their identity is clear. Destroying your papers in the channel on a boat you don't need to get on his highly suspicious, as is the fact that 80% of them are men under 35.

Again though, if no one cared about the UN sending people there and if that wasn't racist, why is it for the UK?

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:10 am

Are you saying when processed in Rwanda they have rights to come back to the UK? I don't think that's the case. They are being sent to Rwanda to have asylum claims in Rwanda and status in Rwanda. I'm not sure if you've grasped the policy.

Any country that ships its asylum seekers to another country is running a terrible policy.

If almost 80% of asylum claims are accepted, the claims that they aren't genuine asylum seekers just becomes laughable.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:20 am

beninho wrote:Are you saying when processed in Rwanda they have rights to come back to the UK? I don't think that's the case.  They are being sent to Rwanda to have asylum claims in Rwanda and status in Rwanda.  I'm not sure if you've grasped the policy.

Any country that ships its asylum seekers to another country is running a terrible policy.  

If almost 80% of asylum claims are accepted, the claims that they aren't genuine asylum seekers just becomes laughable.

Yes, that is the case.
The question is that these economic migrants are currently being given the benefit of the doubt. That doesn't mean they are genuine.

Was the UN racist when otbsekt people to Rwanda? What makes you think we have any responsibility to house people who come here illegally and who aren't fleeing from a dangerous place? You going to wheel put your laughable claim that they support Liverpool again?

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:34 am

We don't have any responsibility to people illegally in the country. We shoukd have a responsibility to people who get in the country and claim asylum. We have a government department to process and make decisions on the claims. They have judged the vast majority of claims to be genuine. Yet, people still choose to think they aren't based on nothing but I'd assume a dislike of asylum seekers.

But shipping them off, without the chance to assess a claim is a bad policy.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:06 pm

Just trying to clarify this, you are aware that if the asylum claim is accepted, he stays in Rwanda and has status in Rwanda, and not the UK?

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by superflyweight Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:25 pm

super_realist wrote:Bleeding heart lefties get Rwanda flight cancelled. What a surprise.

Reactionary ar*ehole gobs off about immigration again.  What a surprise.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7920
Join date : 2011-01-26

BamBam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by westisbest Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:32 pm

westisbest wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
westisbest wrote:Anyone seen the new Top Gun film?
As good as they are saying?

I enjoyed it. If you liked the first one (which I did when it came out in '86) you'll like this one.
Yeah looks good.
Might try and catch it next week.

Top Gun was really good.

Really enjoyed it. Brilliant film OK

westisbest

Posts : 7759
Join date : 2011-05-31
Location : Bournemouth

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:38 pm

superflyweight wrote:
super_realist wrote:Bleeding heart lefties get Rwanda flight cancelled. What a surprise.

Reactionary ar*ehole gobs off about immigration again.  What a surprise.

Just trying to get some discussion going on this dead board.

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by pedro Thu Jun 23, 2022 9:56 am

beninho wrote:Good migrants and bad migrants.
It is you who say it.
It is also you who say Rwanda is a bad place.
So why not take that discussion in stead?
Is there good and bad migrants? And why is Rwanda a bad place?


pedro

Posts : 7252
Join date : 2011-01-27

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:10 am

Have I said Rwanda Is a bad place? Or have you made that up?

We know that people from Rwanda claim asylum in the UK, we know that plenty of governments have concerns regarding human rights in Rwanda, we know that Lgbt people face struggles in Rwanda.

Not saying its a bad place though, because I don't know enough.

I also don't like the difference between Ukraine nationals travelling through safe countries to get here being opened with welcome arms while others are not.

I am saying that people claiming asylum here should have their claims dealt with here, and if granted have status here.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:09 pm

beninho wrote:Have I said Rwanda Is a bad place? Or have you made that up?

We know that people from Rwanda claim asylum in the UK, we know that plenty of governments have concerns regarding human rights in Rwanda, we know that Lgbt people face struggles in Rwanda.

Not saying its a bad place though, because I don't know enough.

I also don't like the difference between Ukraine nationals travelling through safe countries to get here being opened with welcome arms while others are not.

I am saying that people claiming asylum here should have their claims dealt with here, and if granted have status here.

What the hell are you on about? So far ZERO peopøe coming across the channel have been sent back and we pay 5miølion a day in hotels to keep them in accomodation. Looks like welcoming them with open arms to me

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:46 am

I was talking more about the reactions of parts of the general public, such as yourself. You really seem to not like asylum seekers. But then we have vast swathes agreeing to accept Ukrainians in to their home, but don't offer for anyone else claiming asylum.

Funnily enough that so many Ukrainians are actually already refugees who fled to Ukrainine.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat Jun 25, 2022 7:47 am

I see America has gone mental again. Its absolutely fricken disgusting.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by super_realist Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:01 am

beninho wrote:I was talking more about the reactions of parts of the general public, such as yourself. You really seem to not like asylum seekers. But then we have vast swathes agreeing to accept Ukrainians in to their home, but don't offer for anyone else claiming asylum.

Funnily enough that so many Ukrainians are actually already refugees who fled to Ukrainine.

There is nothing wrong with managed immigration, I'm just against illegal economic migration and illegal entry to countries

You sound like one of those wonks who wants open borders and has citizen of nowhere on their Twitter bio bit complains when the NHS, roads, schools, doctors surgeries, dentists are over run.

Why are 80% of channel migrants single males under35? Life in their home countries all right for everyone else?

super_realist

Posts : 27839
Join date : 2011-01-29
Location : Edinburgh

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by JuliusHMarx Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:16 am

super_realist wrote:

Why are 80% of channel migrants single males under35? Life in their home countries all right for everyone else?

You tell us.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21201
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by beninho Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:45 am

super_realist wrote:
beninho wrote:I was talking more about the reactions of parts of the general public, such as yourself. You really seem to not like asylum seekers. But then we have vast swathes agreeing to accept Ukrainians in to their home, but don't offer for anyone else claiming asylum.

Funnily enough that so many Ukrainians are actually already refugees who fled to Ukrainine.

There is nothing wrong with managed immigration, I'm just against illegal economic migration and illegal entry to countries

You sound like one of those wonks who wants open borders and has citizen of nowhere on their Twitter bio bit complains when the NHS, roads, schools, doctors surgeries, dentists are over run.

Why are 80% of channel migrants single males under35? Life in their home countries all right for everyone else?

People in the country illegally should be deported. I don't think you will find an argument against that with many people.

If someone claims asylum after entering the country they are not here illegally.

I'm not an expert I'm travel crossing ages and family circumstances. My basic view would be because its easier to get one into the country to claim asylum and then his family can join him later, rather then risking the lives of them all in getting to the UK. Seems sensible until a safer way to claim asylum is set up.

beninho

Posts : 6770
Join date : 2011-01-28
Location : NW London

Back to top Go down

Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread - Page 11 Empty Re: Another Drive4show 'Anything goes' thread

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum