The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts

+2
Soul Requiem
88Chris05
6 posters

Go down

Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts Empty Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts

Post by 88Chris05 Wed May 25, 2022 4:22 pm

Following on from Truss' revived threat about Robinson dropping Fullmer with maybe the most impressive one-punch KO shot of them all, it got me thinking about what people's picks for the most impressively-executed, or brutal (can be one or the other, or both) combination KO might be.

I'll get the ball rolling with Arturo Gatti against Joey Gamache. The definition of a fighter being knocked out while still on his feet, a sitting duck for a brutal ending.

Not a fan of Benavidez, but have to say the combination he annihilated Medina with a few years back was pretty nice to watch if you're an admirer of the Sweet Science, too.

There are some great ones out there, would be interested to see people's picks. Ta.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts Empty Re: Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts

Post by Soul Requiem Wed May 25, 2022 4:27 pm

My personal favourite was Hamed taking out Augie Sanchez, four punch combination thrown with vicious intent, he was done after the first one let alone the three that followed. The Prince's final and finest knockout.

Soul Requiem

Mr Bounce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts Empty Re: Most Impressive and Brutal Combination Knockouts

Post by Mr Bounce Wed May 25, 2022 4:52 pm

Allan Green against Jaidon Codrington was frightening.

Carl Froch's destruction of Bute is always a good one to watch - the unbeaten Bute came in full of confidence and I think the press had written Froch off, so what Carl did to him was probably a good reminder why Bute didn't enter the Super Six.

And then there's David Tua against John Ruiz. It was very quick, and full of heavyweight venom. That first left hook stuns Ruiz and Tua simply unloads on him. The final flush punch could have been a career ending shot. Amazing to think that Ruiz ended up being a "world" champ and the exciting Tua did not...

Mr Bounce

aja424 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 25, 2022 5:55 pm

If anyone hasn't seen Leonard v Andy Price and watched a guy demolish a top contender in the space of about five seconds with devastating combinations...worth a watch..

Gatti  v Lomeli was brutal...Lomeli looked 3 divisions smaller..Good call.

Azumah Nelson v Mario Martinez 2....Landed a brutal 8 punch combination in the 12th...

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Wed May 25, 2022 8:25 pm

Mr Bounce wrote:Allan Green against Jaidon Codrington was frightening.

Carl Froch's destruction of Bute is always a good one to watch - the unbeaten Bute came in full of confidence and I think the press had written Froch off, so what Carl did to him was probably a good reminder why Bute didn't enter the Super Six.

And then there's David Tua against John Ruiz. It was very quick, and full of heavyweight venom. That first left hook stuns Ruiz and Tua simply unloads on him. The final flush punch could have been a career ending shot. Amazing to think that Ruiz ended up being a "world" champ and the exciting Tua did not...

Just watched Green v Codrington...Problem for the ref was those white gloves were so big it was hard to know if he was covering up when he was really half conscious...

Helluva sport.

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Post by aja424 Wed May 25, 2022 9:47 pm

Tyson v Bruno 1, absolutely savage.
Haye v Maccarinelli was quality. This version of Haye wouldn't lead to a Haye v Bellew 2.

aja424

Derek Smalls likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu May 26, 2022 3:40 pm

I always liked Lennox Lewis flattening Justin Fortune with 3 right uppercuts in a row.

Fortune was pretty useless but seeing a big man land 3 uppercuts in a row like that was fairly spectacular.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down