The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
Duty281
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
11 posters

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Jun 2022, 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

6. 5. Civic

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down


Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 29 Jul 2022, 3:45 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Mother/grandmother. Basically the same thing...

Thanks, flower. Look after this place for me. Keep Galted in check. He can go a bit rogue when I'm not around to keep him under control.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Posts : 19990
Join date : 2011-05-13
Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Fri 29 Jul 2022, 4:20 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Also how she signs off the birthday cards she sends to Duty.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7964
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Jul 2022, 6:02 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Sh1t! Son, is that you?!

Not since you left me at the orphanage.

Duty281

Posts : 27741
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Jul 2022, 6:04 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Mother/grandmother. Basically the same thing...

Thanks, flower. Look after this place for me. Keep Galted in check. He can go a bit rogue when I'm not around to keep him under control.

I'll do my best. I'll try to keep him away from any disreputable ladies of the night.

Duty281

Posts : 27741
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 29 Jul 2022, 6:05 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Mother/grandmother. Basically the same thing...

Thanks, flower. Look after this place for me. Keep Galted in check. He can go a bit rogue when I'm not around to keep him under control.

I'll do my best. I'll try to keep him away from any disreputable ladies of the night.

Won't be easy, he married one.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Duty281 Fri 29 Jul 2022, 6:16 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Mother/grandmother. Basically the same thing...

Thanks, flower. Look after this place for me. Keep Galted in check. He can go a bit rogue when I'm not around to keep him under control.

I'll do my best. I'll try to keep him away from any disreputable ladies of the night.

Won't be easy, he married one.

This means I've already failed. Don't tell Tino, he'll be devastated.

Duty281

Posts : 27741
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Fri 29 Jul 2022, 7:19 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:
Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Where you off to, Tino? Somewhere exotic, such as Barnsley?

Barnsley is exotic to me, but I'm actually off to Barbados.

If I remember correctly, your grandmother lives there? If you give me her address I'm happy to hunt her down find her and tell her that her favourite grandson is doing fine. Up to you?

Barbados is alright, but no chance of bumping into legends like Boycott, Clough, Parkinson or Trueman down there.

You remember half-correctly, it's my mother that lives in Barbados. Her address is 606 Stay The Hell Away Avenue.

Happy travels.

Mother/grandmother. Basically the same thing...

Thanks, flower. Look after this place for me. Keep Galted in check. He can go a bit rogue when I'm not around to keep him under control.

I'll do my best. I'll try to keep him away from any disreputable ladies of the night.

Won't be easy, he married one.

F*ck you, Julius.  She's no lady.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Mon 01 Aug 2022, 1:09 pm

Unmichaelising fist of the early afternoon.

Had an interview. Wasn't about the role I had applied for but for something probably more interesting. Let's see what happens next.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12277
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Mon 01 Aug 2022, 1:31 pm

Sicond.

Best of luck LiW. Keep dreaming big and you'll be a top gigolo like Jules in no time.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7964
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by rIck_dAgless Mon 01 Aug 2022, 2:10 pm

Fingers crossed for you LIW

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Posts : 12643
Join date : 2013-04-29
Location : Chamber of the unmichaelsing fist

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 01 Aug 2022, 2:32 pm

Don't wish to turn this a Golden Girls episode but I shall reserve two fingers for crossing purposes as well.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Aug 2022, 4:51 pm

Not sure if this would be appreciated anywhere else but in the last 3 days I have knocked out 2 wasps. Surprisingly glass jawed.

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13369
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 01 Aug 2022, 5:01 pm

seanmichaels wrote:Not sure if this would be appreciated anywhere else but in the last 3 days I have knocked out 2 wasps. Surprisingly glass jawed.

Thought Tino was the only one who got off on invertebrates.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by seanmichaels Mon 01 Aug 2022, 5:03 pm

It was meant for him but I see he has buggered off on holiday

seanmichaels
seanmichaels
seanmichaels

Posts : 13369
Join date : 2012-05-25
Location : Virgin

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 01 Aug 2022, 6:18 pm

seanmichaels wrote:It was meant for him but I see he has buggered off on holiday

It was a weak play on the 'knocked out' but yep, forgot that he was on holiday. Think he'll be gutted to miss, not just a michaels post, but a michaels post on anthropods.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 02 Aug 2022, 12:11 pm

Very well, I shall accept the fist and the post michaels michaelsing michaelsing unmichaelsing.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Tue 02 Aug 2022, 1:21 pm

Slow slow days. Sicond.

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12277
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 02 Aug 2022, 1:37 pm

Must be the enthralling debate going on on the golf boards that's keeping everyone off here.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 02 Aug 2022, 1:46 pm

Looks like Julius has sorted it out, the crowds are sure to come flocking back now.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 02 Aug 2022, 1:56 pm

I'm not Ayman al-Zawahiri.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 02 Aug 2022, 3:44 pm

l*l out loud
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Tue 02 Aug 2022, 3:58 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Ayman al-Zawahiri.

When I first saw a reference to this I was wondering what Zahawi had done now

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12277
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 03 Aug 2022, 12:25 pm

Pleasant on here today.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Aug 2022, 3:21 pm

Galted wrote:Pleasant on here today.

No it f*cking isn't.

Sicond.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7964
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 03 Aug 2022, 4:09 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:Pleasant on here today.

No it f*cking isn't.  

Sicond.  

What is it with you? You've done nothing but bicker the whole day.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Duty281 Wed 03 Aug 2022, 4:19 pm

Galted wrote:Pleasant on here today.

Till we have built Jerusalem,
In 606's green and pleasant land.

Duty281

Posts : 27741
Join date : 2011-06-06
Age : 26
Location : Not having Chance on here

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Aug 2022, 4:48 pm

Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:Pleasant on here today.

No it f*cking isn't.  

Sicond.  

What is it with you?  You've done nothing but bicker the whole day.

No I f*cking haven't.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7964
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Wed 03 Aug 2022, 4:49 pm

Duty281 wrote:
Galted wrote:Pleasant on here today.

Till we have built Jerusalem,
In 606's green and pleasant land.

This can f*ck off as well.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Posts : 7964
Join date : 2011-01-26

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Wed 03 Aug 2022, 6:16 pm

superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:
superflyweight wrote:
Galted wrote:Pleasant on here today.

No it f*cking isn't.  

Sicond.  

What is it with you?  You've done nothing but bicker the whole day.

No I f*cking haven't.  

You have.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Wed 03 Aug 2022, 9:22 pm

PJ - silver for Starc in the high jump. Must get a few points for that, eh?!  Smile

guildfordbat

Posts : 15580
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Wed 03 Aug 2022, 9:41 pm

guildfordbat wrote:PJ - silver for Starc in the high jump. Must get a few points for that, eh?!  Smile

We'll carry them over for the next Ashes, Guildford.

Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52381
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Wed 03 Aug 2022, 11:39 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
guildfordbat wrote:PJ - silver for Starc in the high jump. Must get a few points for that, eh?!  Smile

We'll carry them over for the next Ashes, Guildford.

I'll be checking that you do.  thumbsup

guildfordbat

Posts : 15580
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by lostinwales Thu 04 Aug 2022, 10:20 am

Fist.

No news on the interview yet the B@ST@RDS (I won't be saying that if I get the job, it is a great opportunity and potentially much better than the one I just lost)

lostinwales
lostinwales
lostinwales

Posts : 12277
Join date : 2011-06-09
Location : Out of Wales :)

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 04 Aug 2022, 11:31 am

B*stards.

I suspect that there may be a number of vacancies opening up where I work as I'm close to breaking point with the incompetence that surrounds me and am considering going a bit DAVE with a hatchet and hammer.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Aug 2022, 12:11 pm

Galted wrote:B*stards.

I suspect that there may be a number of vacancies opening up where I work as I'm close to breaking point with the incompetence that surrounds me and am considering going a bit DAVE with a hatchet and hammer.

I suspect that RiCK and super will be recommending that you delete that piece of evidence.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 04 Aug 2022, 1:50 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:B*stards.

I suspect that there may be a number of vacancies opening up where I work as I'm close to breaking point with the incompetence that surrounds me and am considering going a bit DAVE with a hatchet and hammer.

I suspect that RiCK and super will be recommending that you delete that piece of evidence.

The colleagues are probably safe at the moment as I'm still working from home and can't be arsed to travel in to the office for  a rampage.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Aug 2022, 2:59 pm

Galted wrote:
JuliusHMarx wrote:
Galted wrote:B*stards.

I suspect that there may be a number of vacancies opening up where I work as I'm close to breaking point with the incompetence that surrounds me and am considering going a bit DAVE with a hatchet and hammer.

I suspect that RiCK and super will be recommending that you delete that piece of evidence.

The colleagues are probably safe at the moment as I'm still working from home and can't be arsed to travel in to the office for  a rampage.

Clearly your emotions are running high on the matter.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 04 Aug 2022, 3:00 pm

guildfordbat wrote:PJ - silver for Starc in the high jump. Must get a few points for that, eh?!  Smile

I was there last night. He did a lap of honour carrying a baby.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Thu 04 Aug 2022, 9:48 pm

There's a lady judoist in the Commonwealth Games called Likmabam. I suspect her parents wanted a boy.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Fri 05 Aug 2022, 9:46 am

Ungalteding fist.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by guildfordbat Mon 08 Aug 2022, 11:04 am

Fist. What's going on? Where are you guys?

PJ - what's the reaction Down Under to Judith Durham's passing? Believe she was still fantastically and rightly regarded in her home country. Not forgotten here but mainly just remembered by old duffers like me. Brilliant singer with a wonderfully clear voice. Very attractive too at her peak in a girl next door way.

guildfordbat

Posts : 15580
Join date : 2011-04-07

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Aug 2022, 11:37 am

guildfordbat wrote:Fist. What's going on? Where are you guys?

PJ - what's the reaction Down Under to Judith Durham's passing? Believe she was still fantastically and rightly regarded in her home country. Not forgotten here but mainly just remembered by old duffers like me. Brilliant singer with a wonderfully clear voice. Very attractive too at her peak in a girl next door way.

Sicond. Morning Guildford.

Timely that you should mention Judith Durham. The news was a big shock even though we knew she had struggled with her health in recent years. We used to sing "Morningtown Ride" from the ABC Songbook in my early days in primary school. I was 6 at the time. I was always intrigued by the line "many miles away". I had this sense that the world (and the continent too) was a very big place and the idea of a place named Morningtown left a happy impression on me.

I like Georgy Girl, World of Our Own and I'll Never Find Another You probably the most. She had a pure and beautiful voice and was a kind and caring person according to those close to her. I liked her look too. So sweet and innocent. I had a very nice school teacher (who looked a bit like her) and I can only remember positive and happy memories at that time.

The Carnival Is Over used to scare me as a child... there's something sad and ominous about that song to my mind. I somehow associate it with the Beatles' Rooftop Concert and Woodstock to a certain degree (looking back) as the end of an era.

They just had Keith Potger on a TV show here. He said that Judy was a youtube fanatic who often stayed up until the wee hours scouring music videos. All of the band members got to talk to her by phone or visit her at her bedside up until the afternoon of last Friday. Although she was in and out of consciousness, they were told by the nurse that she could hear them as they reminisced about old times, their success and the love, peace and happiness they brought to many people in the ever-changing times of the 60s.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52381
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 08 Aug 2022, 2:17 pm

Galted apologises for his absence, but he is currently on a third person cruise with the wife, kid and in-laws. Today's bickering took place in La Rochelle.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

guildfordbat likes this post

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Aug 2022, 8:51 pm

I'm not Judith Durham Olivia Newton-John.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Mon 08 Aug 2022, 9:07 pm

Oh no, ONJ too. First two great cricketers and now two of our singers.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52381
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 08 Aug 2022, 9:08 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:I'm not Judith Durham Olivia Newton-John.

Don't know whether I'm more shocked that she's dead or that she was 73.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Mon 08 Aug 2022, 9:18 pm

I thought she was a bit older. Not too shocked as she'd fought cancer for a long time, but quite saddened as I was a fan.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Posts : 21288
Join date : 2011-07-01
Location : Paisley Park

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Mon 08 Aug 2022, 9:56 pm

Yep. Xanadu's one of the great pop songs.  Also like Silvery Rain back in the day.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 09 Aug 2022, 12:27 pm

Let's get phystical.
Galted
Galted
Galted
Galted

Posts : 14413
Join date : 2011-10-31
Location : not the wi-fi password

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Pal Joey Tue 09 Aug 2022, 12:39 pm

If not for you.
Pal Joey
Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Posts : 52381
Join date : 2011-01-27
Location : The Indo-Pacific

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 12 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum