The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Music Section Morning Tea Society

+7
Duty281
superflyweight
Pal Joey
Galted
Mind the windows Tino.
rIck_dAgless
JuliusHMarx
11 posters

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 07 Jun 2022, 12:11 pm

First topic message reminder :

6. 5. Civic

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by superflyweight Tue 13 Sep 2022, 4:29 pm

superflyweight wrote:It's been very homo-erotic on here today.  

I suggest that from tomorrow all talk should be strictly golf related and that you return to discussing the relative stiffness of each others' shafts, comparing grip styles, how often you've shaved the hole from only 2 feet away, problems with tugging and smoothness of stroke.  

Went for childish innuendo for number 8000. In keeping with the vast majority of the previous 7,999.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Music Section Morning Tea Society - Page 19 Empty Re: Music Section Morning Tea Society

Post by Galted Tue 13 Sep 2022, 8:05 pm

superflyweight wrote:
superflyweight wrote:It's been very homo-erotic on here today.  

I suggest that from tomorrow all talk should be strictly golf related and that you return to discussing the relative stiffness of each others' shafts, comparing grip styles, how often you've shaved the hole from only 2 feet away, problems with tugging and smoothness of stroke.  

Went for childish innuendo for number 8000.  In keeping with the vast majority of the previous 7,999.  

F*cking wasted on that lot.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2022, 10:03 am

I am not unmichaelsing Galted after he refused to do the same for me t'other day.

Not a f*cking chance.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Wed 14 Sep 2022, 10:22 am

Fine, I'm perfectly capable of unmichaelsing myself.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Sep 2022, 11:04 am

Galted wrote:Fine, I'm perfectly capable of unmichaelsing myself.

So am I.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Wed 14 Sep 2022, 12:45 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Galted wrote:Fine, I'm perfectly capable of unmichaelsing myself.

So am I.

I'm not.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:00 pm

Afternoon, all, have we all got the old "Statey Funes" off?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:03 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, all, have we all got the old "Statey Funes" off?

I'm giving myself the day off, riCK. You off?

I was hoping for an influx of inquiries. Deaths are a good revenue stream for us. You'd think this would be boom time but it's all happening too quick. Selfish of them.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Location : Your knuckles whiten on the wheel. The last thing that Julius will feel, your final flight can't be delayed. No earth just sky it's so serene, your pink fat lips let go a scream. You fry and melt, I love the scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:11 pm

Yes, mate I'm off, long weekend is just the ticket.

Fingers crossed for more deaths for you then, but in a more manageable timeframe.

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:12 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:
rIck_dAgless wrote:Afternoon, all, have we all got the old "Statey Funes" off?

I'm giving myself the day off, riCK. You off?

I was hoping for an influx of inquiries. Deaths are a good revenue stream for us. You'd think this would be boom time but it's all happening too quick. Selfish of them.

It's probably a bit late now but this might have been a good time to get into biodegradable wrappings for flowers instead of all that nasty plastic.

Sort of like a lacy material you use for wedding dresses but biodegradable... or even edible. Pastel fruit flavours, etc... or your standard traditional white (vanilla) laced with vitamins or some energy-boosting chemicals. Maybe even feed it (dry kale lace) to the horses after all their hard work.

Only one suggestion.

The other was biodegradable wrist bands or edible ones for the pigeons - made out of modified oatmeal (with molecular bonding which breaks down after 8-12 hours or so) and which disintegrates in the rain.

That was my palindrome for you.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:28 pm

Pee Jay has been on the acid again I see.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Wed 14 Sep 2022, 1:32 pm

Mind the windows Tino. wrote:Pee Jay has been on the acid again I see.

l*l  

Perhaps this coffee is a bit too strong.

I'm pretty sure people are already onto it. Just need the Royal tick of approval (date not required) to roll them out for the next big gig.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 15 Sep 2022, 8:20 am

Queue the self-unmichaelsing fist.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2022, 8:29 am

Pal Joey wrote:Queue the self-unmichaelsing fist.

I was hoping to be the fister today, Pee Jay. But you've beaten me too it and become the fistee.

Our delivery driver has called in sick so I'm out on the road, hence the early start. Proper f*cking working class hero stuff.

I'm looking forward to the M25 later. Hope I can get a parking space.

How is the land of outrageous danger?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 15 Sep 2022, 9:18 am

I was hoping to be the fister today, Pee Jay. But you've beaten me too it and become the fistee.

Our delivery driver has called in sick so I'm out on the road, hence the early start. Proper f*cking working class hero stuff.

Pretty wet right now but apparently it will clear up tomorrow.

Going into town in the morning to meet Mum and sign the condolence book at St Andrew's (no relation) and the other one at the Capitol Theatre for Jules.

Tino, thought I heard some guy got murdered by his pet roo in WA. Did you see that on the news?

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 Sep 2022, 9:51 am

You should've gathered all the offcuts into a tatty suitcase and driven your van down to central London. Plenty of people getting soaked queueing up to view her majesty's coffin who would've been grateful for a bit of dry cloth.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 Sep 2022, 9:56 am

Pal Joey wrote:
Tino, thought I heard some guy got murdered by his pet roo in WA. Did you see that on the news?

Saw the headline, which inspired me to visit Youtube to watch that Aussie clumping the kangaroo which had his dog in a headlock.

A farmer near where my brother worked many years ago was killed by a pet duiker (a duiker is a small, innocuous looking antelope though I would expect you and Tino would know this, being men of the world).  The animal playfully butted the back of his leg and a horn (which I know from experience are f*cking sharp and f*cking hard) severed an artery and the poor bugger bled to death.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Thu 15 Sep 2022, 10:29 am

Galted wrote:

You should've gathered all the offcuts into a tatty suitcase and driven your van down to central London.  Plenty of people getting soaked queueing up to view her majesty's coffin who would've been grateful for a bit of dry cloth.

We do produce funeral attire but I'm delivering wedding and bridesmaid dresses and some table favours today. Would be pretty funny to offer out some lovely white offcuts to a bunch of soaking wet mourners.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu 15 Sep 2022, 10:35 am

Galted wrote:

You should've gathered all the offcuts into a tatty suitcase and driven your van down to central London.  Plenty of people getting soaked queueing up to view her majesty's coffin who would've been grateful for a bit of dry cloth.

We do produce funeral attire but I'm delivering wedding and bridesmaid dresses and some table favours today. Would be pretty funny to offer out some lovely white offcuts to a bunch of soaking wet mourners.  

Not if they were edible.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 Sep 2022, 10:51 am

Don't think too many people are adopting an appropriate dress code.

At some stage the end of the queue is going to be significantly closer to our flat than to the coffin. Think I might go and pay my respects to the mourners.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by rIck_dAgless Thu 15 Sep 2022, 2:44 pm

Good afternoon, all, what's new?

rIck_dAgless
rik
rik

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 Sep 2022, 5:17 pm

rIck_dAgless wrote:Good afternoon, all, what's new?

The news.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 Sep 2022, 5:26 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

The news.

That hasn't changed since last Thursday.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Thu 15 Sep 2022, 5:50 pm

Galted made an amusing post.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Thu 15 Sep 2022, 6:05 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:

Callous.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 8:13 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:

l*l out loud.

Covid may have killed you, Jules, but it hasn't dulled that razor sharp wit.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Sep 2022, 9:23 am

The queue to get to the Palace of Westminster is now 14 hours. How gutted are they going to be when they discover that you don't even get to see the corpse?

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 9:39 am

Galted wrote:The queue to get to the Palace of Westminster is now 14 hours. How gutted are they going to be when they discover that you don't even get to see the corpse?

Do you reckon Serial is in the queue? I can picture him being in there and really kicking off with one of the Royal Household Guard when he realises what you've just pointed out?

Strong chance Shah is there with an IED in his KFC family bucket.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Fri 16 Sep 2022, 9:49 am

Galted wrote:The queue to get to the Palace of Westminster is now 14 hours. How gutted are they going to be when they discover that you don't even get to see the corpse?

Yeah, but the gift shop on the way out is worth it.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by superflyweight Fri 16 Sep 2022, 9:54 am

Do you reckon Serial is in the queue? I can picture him being in there and really kicking off with one of the Royal Household Guard when he realises what you've just pointed out?

That's completely unfair. Shah wouldn't fork out for actual KFC and would have a bucket of something from Chicken Cottage or some other knock-off joint.

superflyweight
Superfly
Superfly

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Sep 2022, 10:20 am

Breaking news on the BBC, the queue is too long so joining it has been paused.

Never thought a queue would defeat the British, must be all the foreigners f*cking things up.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 12:23 pm

Duty281 wrote:

Yeah, but the gift shop on the way out is worth it.

l*l

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 12:25 pm

superflyweight wrote:

That's completely unfair.  Shah wouldn't fork out for actual KFC and would have a bucket of something from Chicken Cottage or some other knock-off joint.  

Covered in larva as he can't find a chilli sauce hot enough. Washed down with a 2 litre bottle of Vimto.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Sep 2022, 12:53 pm

Queue update.

There is a queue in Southwark Park waiting for entry to the official queue to resume so that it can join the official queue. The park has been closed and there is a queue outside of people trying to get in to join the queue waiting to join the official queue.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Sep 2022, 12:58 pm

Additional update:

Some of the people in the queue waiting to join the queue for the queue have travelled hundreds of miles to be there.

Once they join the queue they have 11 hours of talking to the same strangers who will likely turn out to be massive c*nts to look forward to.

Hope their houses aren't being burgled while they queue.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Fri 16 Sep 2022, 1:05 pm

Galted wrote:

Once they join the queue they have 11 hours of talking to the same strangers who will likely turn out to be massive c*nts to look forward to.

It reminds me of my sex life. Massive build up, only for 10 seconds of inevitable disappointment.

And my wife can also be a massive c*nt sometimes.

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Fri 16 Sep 2022, 1:36 pm

Galted wrote:

It reminds me of my sex life. Massive build up, only for 10 seconds of inevitable disappointment.

And my wife can also be a massive c*nt sometimes.

Wondered where you were going with it after the first few words - thought your lust for old dears had turned to one for corpses with the passing of time.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Sep 2022, 9:22 am

Fist at rest.

That was a fine and glorious show you guys put on over the last few days. Very moving and I would be surprised if any of you don't have sore feet.
I had them (sore feet) just watching it all unfold.

I must wholeheartedly commend you all on the lengths you all went to - to ensure such a well-planned, dignified and right-Royal michaelsing.
I shall always remember that one.  Nobody could ever do a job as well as you guys did over the last few days. And long live the unmichaelsing fist!

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Sep 2022, 10:27 am

Thanks, PJ.

It's not easy laying to rest someone who's always been there and become an integral part of your life, but who you don't really know, who's more of an icon than a person.

As beautiful as it all was, I think it's time now to draw the proverbial line and get on with our lives, it's what Julius would have wanted.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Sep 2022, 10:47 am

Thanks Galted, I'm touched.
But not in the way Tino touches you.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Sep 2022, 10:49 am

Galted wrote:Thanks, PJ.

It's not easy laying to rest someone who's always been there and become an integral part of your life, but who you don't really know, who's more of an icon than a person.

As beautiful as it all was, I think it's time now to draw the proverbial line and get on with our lives, it's what Julius would have wanted.

Totally agree, Galts. We must now move on... somehow.

I'm a bit worried about Emma though. She looked so sad.
The corgis slightly less so. They have a tendency to take things in their tiny strides and move on regardless of the scale of the setback.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Tue 20 Sep 2022, 10:57 am

Pretty big setback for the corgis, they're off to live with Prince Andrew.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Sep 2022, 11:00 am

Duty281 wrote:Pretty big setback for the corgis, they're off to live with Prince Andrew.

Perhaps they didn't know that yet when we saw them yesterday.

Unless the King told them... but yes, that's a fair point Duty.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Sep 2022, 11:04 am

JuliusHMarx wrote:Thanks Galted, I'm touched.
But not in the way Tino touches you.

That's ok. I enjoy being touched in different ways.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Sep 2022, 11:59 am

The golf board's a bit tedious now that they keep chatting about golf.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by king_carlos Tue 20 Sep 2022, 12:15 pm

Galted wrote:The golf board's a bit tedious now that they keep chatting about golf.

Fire that comment about their lord and saviour Prince Andrew in. Should spice things up.

Pretty sure there's a meme floating about of him being spotted in Loch Ness as the Loch Ness Nonc** if something more direct is required.

king_carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by JuliusHMarx Tue 20 Sep 2022, 12:28 pm

Pal Joey wrote:
Duty281 wrote:Pretty big setback for the corgis, they're off to live with Prince Andrew.

Everybody's got to learn sometime.

JuliusHMarx
julius
julius

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Tue 20 Sep 2022, 12:57 pm

JuliusHMarx wrote:
Pal Joey wrote:

Everybody's got to learn sometime.

They don't need his lovin' like the sunshine.

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by Mind the windows Tino. Tue 20 Sep 2022, 3:07 pm

l*l. That was funnier than people realise.

Tell you what we need, a queue update. How is it looking GDog?

Mind the windows Tino.
Beano
Beano

Back to top Go down

Post by Galted Tue 20 Sep 2022, 3:38 pm

l*l. That was funnier than people realise.

Tell you what we need, a queue update. How is it looking GDog?

Cheers, Tino, was sure I could rely on you. Massive relief that not everyone now thinks I'm a shameless royalist.

We're back to smaller food bank queues now that there are no coffins knocking about, though I'm sure there'll be a train strike soon enough.

Galted
Galted
Galted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 20 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next