The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond

+36
Northgrill
sensisball
yappysnap
propdavid_london
Sharkey06
Margin_Walker
RiscaGame
George Carlin
hugehandoff
Yoda
Recwatcher16
tigertattie
Galted
Maine man
MichaelT
Old Man
BigGee
RDW
Collapse2005
BigTrevsbigmac
nlpnlp
Duty281
WELL-PAST-IT
Poorfour
Rugby Fan
doctor_grey
king_carlos
mikey_dragon
dummy_half
Cumbrian
No 7&1/2
lostinwales
BamBam
Mr Bounce
GeordieFalcon
formerly known as Sam
40 posters

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17

Go down

England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond  - Page 17 Empty England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 30 Jun 2022, 9:22 am

First topic message reminder :

sensisball wrote:
With Bath enduring a terrible season how many tries has Cokonasiga scored?

In five starts and four sub appearances he's bagged five tries. One appearance and one try for England.

It's a bench lacking experience but it's the type of players we'd like to have as options come the world cup.

Ignore the front row that pretty much picked itself.

Chessum - covers lock and 6 highly mobile and physical, good lineout option and we've been desperate for a young lock to come through.

Ludlam - covers 8 and 7 which is what the bench needs, club captain so adds much needed leadership here.

JVP - no one likes the current 9 options for last season's Under 20 captain and player of the J6N gets a chance. Best kicking game of the three 9s on tour and likes to play high tempo.

Porter - covers every position in the backs outside of 9 and 10, could probably do a job on the flank as well. Eddie likes a versatility option as they very much help the overall squad come world cup so audition time for Guy.

Arundell - exciting young player, not ready yet but Eddie will be hoping some international game time might speed up his development. Unlikely starter but potential game changer off the bench, always handy to have one of those at a world cup. Porter's inclusion means Arundell won't have to go in early unless there's multiple injuries.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond  - Page 17 Empty Re: England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 29 Jul 2022, 3:26 pm

I only had the 3. Think Baxter is dropping and Robertson isn't English.

No 7&1/2

Back to top Go down

England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond  - Page 17 Empty Re: England post 2022 6Ns, Aus tour and beyond

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 29 Jul 2022, 5:54 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I only had the 3. Think Baxter is dropping and Robertson isn't English.

Baxter did give an interview saying that he was restructuring how Chiefs backroom staff worked so that he was more hands off in terms of training recently. It was down to him wanting to reset the culture and some other things but at the time the thought in my mind was that would make it easier for him to leave for England.

Robertson might be given an all English backroom staff to work with it some other excuse to get him in.

formerly known as Sam

Back to top Go down

Post by No 7&1/2 Sat 30 Jul 2022, 10:33 am

I'm a bit on the fence with Baxter now as the pick and drive game looks to have been so integral and he hasn't really found a way round it yet. If they do get back to winning this season his name will be more prominent but the resurgence of Leicester and France put those candidates higher for me.

I thought it was stupid the RFU said they wanted an English coach as it excluded 2 amazing potential applicants. I hope they do climb down from it but they seem a bunch of idiots.

No 7&1/2

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 17 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 15, 16, 17