The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey..

+2
88Chris05
TRUSSMAN66
6 posters

Go down

Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey.. Empty Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey..

Post by TRUSSMAN66 Tue 26 Jul 2022, 11:10 am

Problem with the Fury's are that they are "fighting Men"..Long tradition of honor fights etc among travellers..

Hearn knows if AJ wins against Usyk... A few weeks worth of "Fury only retired because he is scared of Josh" and the Fury team's blood will be boiling and Fury's demands won't be met because Hearn just keeps saying he won't sign because he is scared..

When you are "retired".. You are wide open for the current stars to trash you and right of reply is restricted because you are old news..Fury is a sensitive bunny.

Hearn has Fury.  When and how he wants him by just firing at that ego..

Will always be a problem for Tyson...and all proud fighting men like him..

TRUSSMAN66

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey.. Empty Re: Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey..

Post by 88Chris05 Tue 09 Aug 2022, 11:34 am

Interesting take, Truss, but I guess you're coming from an angle of believing Fury's retirement talk. I don't.

I don't think Hearn saying that Fury retired because he's scared of Joshua will upset Fury at all, because I think Fury has zero intention of retiring. I was skeptical (as you should be when any big name boxer announces a retirement - they normally need at least two goes at it) when he claimed it around the time of the Whyte fight, but tried to give him the benefit of the doubt. Don't believe a word of it now, though.

"Yeah I'm definitely retiring, but I might fight again for £500m. Because it's all about the money, this is a business at the end of the day. But you know what? It's not about the money for me and never has been. I've got my family and that's all a man needs, and I want to retire because I want more time with them. But I'll probably fight again and I'm not vacating my belts because I have twelve months before I need to make any decision. Not that there's any decision to make, because I'm definitely retiring. Who knows, maybe I'll fight again, but I definitely won't."

On and on he goes.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey.. Empty Re: Tyson Fury's ego makes him easy prey..

Post by Derek Smalls Sat 20 Aug 2022, 10:24 pm

I don't believe a word he says. If Usyk says something,he means it. He's the man who has been,"any time,any place,anywhere". Tyson Fury has talked and talked and it's resulted in him contradicting himself and reducing his credibility.
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Mr Bounce likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr Bounce Tue 23 Aug 2022, 8:41 am

I am in no way shocked or surprised that following the Usyk-AJ fight, a certain Tyson Fury started gobbing off that he would beat both on the same night. He's about as retired as me (not for want of trying).

Why bother saying you'll retire when there is nothing more obvious than the huge carrot of a 4-belt unification on the horizon? It just makes a mockery of anything Fury says. No change there then. I like to support all the Brits in their fights, but I just can't warm to Fury. He's full of it.

Mr Bounce

rapidringsroad and Derek Smalls like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Sun 04 Sep 2022, 10:56 am

Fury's next opponent will be announced in the coming days. Rumours that it will be Charr, because there's been some back and forth on social media.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by 88Chris05 Sun 04 Sep 2022, 11:19 am

I'd only accept Charr as an opponent if it's a keep-busy fight before Fury fights Usyk in February / March, seeing as Usyk says he won't be ready for the proposed December date as he has that injury he wants to properly heal before entering into any camp.

Absolutely nothing less than that will spare Fury any ire here....If (and it's a big if) he really is giving Charr a shot. Charr ain't even ranked with the WBC.
88Chris05
88Chris05

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 04 Sep 2022, 12:04 pm

Tyson Fury doesn't have a filter and nor do the journalists and social media commentators that report on him. That he dominates so much of the air-time is an indicator that heavyweight boxing is in the doldrums. He is, as he describes himself, a maverick, an enigma.  He is not really good for the sport of boxing and yet in this social media age without him there would be significantly less interest in the sport.  What would be good for the sport is a heavyweight that was disciplined and dedicated and that defended his titles on a regular basis.   It seems to me that heavyweight boxing is sort of in the doldrums - too few good boxers - not enough fights - too many avoiding each other - too much talk - too much speculation from under-occupied journalists and social media commentators.  If Tyson Fury farts in public there would be thousands of articles on it speculating on its significance.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 04 Sep 2022, 12:10 pm

If Fury is fighting a bum next, Warren will have the take the hit. Fury has 1 fight left on his deal with Arum/ESPN and Arum refused the Chisora trilogy bout, so the veteran American certainly isn't forking out for Charr

Back to top Go down

Post by No name Bertie Sun 04 Sep 2022, 12:14 pm

Another thing is that there are too many belts and not enough good boxers.  The cake is small, not much bigger than a blueberry muffin, and it is divided into too many portions. If there was ONE world heavyweight title and a lot of challengers and regional champions then heavyweight boxing would be a lot better.
No name Bertie
No name Bertie

Back to top Go down

Post by Duty281 Mon 05 Sep 2022, 6:49 pm

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/62800068

Fury offers a fight to Joshua. I think Joshua should take it (if he wants to fight on) as it may be the last title shot he gets.

Duty281

Back to top Go down

Post by Derek Smalls Thu 08 Sep 2022, 6:02 pm

If Joshua loses again, can he do a Bruno and keep on going until he gets what he wants?
Derek Smalls
Derek Smalls

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down