The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

URC Season 2022/23

+14
No 7&1/2
neilthom7
LeinsterFan4life
PhilBB
Pot Hale
geoff999rugby
thebandwagonsociety
Kingshu
profitius
Brendan
RiscaGame
Oakdene
mikey_dragon
LordDowlais
18 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by LordDowlais Fri 29 Jul 2022, 11:36 am

First topic message reminder :

Fixtures out for the coming season:-

United Rugby Championship schedule 2022/23
Round one
September16/17/18

Benetton v Glasgow

Cardiff v Munster

Zebre v Leinster

Scarlets v Ospreys

Edinburgh v Dragons

Ulster v Connacht

February3/4

Stormers v Sharks

Lions v Bulls

Round two
September23/24/25

Zebre v Sharks

Glasgow v Cardiff

Leinster v Benetton

Scarlets v Ulster

Bulls v Edinburgh

Stormers v Connacht

Ospreys v Lions

Dragons v Munster

Round three
September 30/October 1/2

Cardiff v Lions

Ulster v Leinster

Stormers v Edinburgh

Bulls v Connacht

Ospreys v Glasgow

Munster v Zebre

Benetton v Scarlets

Dragons v Sharks

Round four
October7/8/9

Connacht v Munster

Edinburgh v Lions

Zebre v Stormers

Leinster v Sharks

Scarlets v Cardiff

Glasgow v Bulls

Ulster v Ospreys

Benetton v Dragons

Round five
October14/15/16

Ospreys v Stormers

Munster v Bulls

Lions v Ulster

Sharks v Glasgow

Edinburgh v Benetton

Cardiff v Dragons

Scarlets v Zebre,

Connacht v Leinster

Round six
October21/22/23

Benetton v Bulls

Connacht v Scarlets

Zebre v Edinburgh

Lions v Glasgow

Sharks v Ulster

Cardiff v Stormers

Leinster v Munster

Dragons v Ospreys

Round seven
October28/29/30

Scarlets v Leinster

Glasgow v Benetton

Munster v Ulster

Dragons v Zebre

Ospreys v Connacht

Cardiff v Edinburgh

February10/11

Bulls v Sharks

Lions v Stormers

Round eight
November25/26/27

Stormers v Scarlets

Ulster v Zebre

Bulls v Ospreys

Benetton v Edinburgh

Leinster v Glasgow

Munster v Connacht

Lions v Dragons

Sharks v Cardiff

Round nine
December2/3/4

Sharks v Ospreys

Edinburgh v Munster

Stormers v Dragons

Zebre v Glasgow

Connacht v Benetton.

Bulls v Cardiff

Leinster v Ulster

Lions v Scarlets

Round 10
December23/24/26

Sharks v Lions

Stormers v Bulls

Glasgow v Edinburgh

Benetton v Zebre

Connacht v Ulster

Ospreys v Scarlets

Munster v Leinster

Dragons v Cardiff

Round 11
December 31/January 1

Edinburgh v Glasgow

Zebre v Benetton

Sharks v Bulls

Stormers v Lions

Cardiff v Ospreys

Scarlets v Dragons

Ulster v Munster

Leinster v Connacht

Round 12
January6/7/8

Munster v Lions

Dragons v Bulls

Benetton v Ulster

Glasgow v Stormers

Cardiff v Scarlets

Connacht v Sharks

Ospreys v Leinster

Edinburgh v Zebre

Round 13
January27/28/29

Ulster v Stormers

Scarlets v Bulls

Benetton v Munster

Dragons v Glasgow

Leinster v Cardiff

Edinburgh v Sharks

Connacht v Lions

Zebre v Ospreys

Round 14
February17/18/19

Glasgow v Ulster

Munster v Ospreys

Lions v Sharks

Bulls v Stormers

Zebre v Connacht

Scarlets v Edinburgh

Cardiff v Benetton

Leinster v Dragons

Round 15
March3/4/5

Glasgow v Zebre

Munster v Scarlets

Bulls v Lions

Sharks v Stormers

Edinburgh v Leinster

Ospreys v Benetton

Cardiff v Ulster

Dragons v Connacht

Round 16
March24/25/26

Zebre v Cardiff

Leinster v Stormers

Benetton v Lions

Ospreys v Dragons

Connacht v Edinburgh

Munster v Glasgow

Scarlets v Sharks

Ulster v Bulls

Round 17
April14/15/16

Sharks v Benetton

Glasgow v Scarlets

Ulster v Dragons

Lions v Leinster

Bulls v Zebre

Stormers v Munster

Connacht v Cardiff

Edinburgh v Ospreys

Round 18
April21/22/23

Stormers v Benetton

Ulster v Edinburgh

Lions v Zebre

Dragons v Scarlets

Bulls v Leinster

Ospreys v Cardiff

Sharks v Munster

Glasgow v Connacht

LordDowlais

Posts : 15419
Join date : 2011-05-18
Location : Merthyr Tydfil

Back to top Go down


URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 30 Aug 2022, 12:42 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:-So the best South African players will presumably be missing (again) for the first chunk of the URC season due to the rugby championship.

-The best Welsh players will be missing in late November becuse the WRUin have arranged a fixture outside of the window as per usual.

-The best Scottish players will be missing the week before the November test window becase their Union has arranegd a match outsude the window in late October.

40 Irish players will miss URC games at the beginning of October because they're off to play three fixtures for 'Emerging Ireland' in South Afica.

Pathetic. Between the Unions and the URC the tournament is an absolute shambles.

Just like the French and English players who miss multiple matches during the November Internationals and the 6 Nations - whats the difference?
At least in this case of the URC the Scottish and Welsh situations is because of the SRU and WRU playing outside the Windows nothing to do with the URC.
The Irish situation is down to it being a pre World Cup year and is a one off.

Last year not one fixture was planned during International windows.
Didn't happen because of Covid - I dont you can blame the URC for that.


Fact is the French and English schedule more games during International windows than the URC since its inception

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Tue 30 Aug 2022, 12:48 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:-So the best South African players will presumably be missing (again) for the first chunk of the URC season due to the rugby championship.

-The best Welsh players will be missing in late November becuse the WRUin have arranged a fixture outside of the window as per usual.

-The best Scottish players will be missing the week before the November test window becase their Union has arranegd a match outsude the window in late October.

40 Irish players will miss URC games at the beginning of October because they're off to play three fixtures for 'Emerging Ireland' in South Afica.

Pathetic. Between the Unions and the URC the tournament is an absolute shambles.

Wales has always had a 4th international - not the first time, nor is it always the best players playing due to some playing in England and not released.

It won't be the best Scottish players either, as a number of them are playing in England/France.

The Emerging Ireland squad will be max 30 players - many of them second or third rank at their provinces.

Some of the best SA players are playing in England, France and Japan.

The absence of top-line players doesn't just affect the URC, it affects all leagues.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 30 Aug 2022, 12:51 pm

The emerging Ireland team might be similar to that which faced the NZ Maori, so they'd have a few players that have been in and around the Ireland 23. Are you playing against SA, or the franchises? If it's the former then the tour doesn't seem like a good idea...

Anyway, looks like we need a global season.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 13868
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 2:02 pm

The English league will be impacted at the same time(s) for all teams.

Whoever plays the SA teams first up, or the Irish while emerging Ireland are in SA will have a huge advantage compared to someone playing the same team later in the season with a full squad. It's just yet another completely unbalanced thing that renders the competition a farce.

Yet the apologists will just ignore it and say everythung is fine and it's a great 'league' .

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 30 Aug 2022, 2:15 pm

Unless they plan and get some good players not impacted by internationals. It's always good for teams to play Saracens and now Leicester in the windows too. It's sport and you'll never get a completely level playing field and you'll always find something you can complain about. Have you thought of giving football a chance and start following Swansea (or Liverpool)?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27377
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by geoff999rugby Tue 30 Aug 2022, 3:05 pm

Pot Hale wrote:

The Emerging Ireland squad will be max 30 players - many of them second or third rank at their provinces.

.

It may 2nd or 3rd rank for Leinster it wont be for Ulster.
In the backs you could make a case for just about every Ulster back being a fringe player
Lowry, Stockdale, Baloucoune, Hume, McCloskey are all prime candidates for this tour.
add in the injured Addison and Ulster may struggle to get a team out 11 to 15

Leaves us with McIlroy, Lyttle, Moore, Marshall, Gilroy
Bench Moxham, Curtis

After that there is a sum total of 25 mins experience, a injury of two and we are screwed

geoff999rugby

Posts : 5195
Join date : 2012-01-19

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Tue 30 Aug 2022, 6:02 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:The emerging Ireland team might be similar to that which faced the NZ Maori, so they'd have a few players that have been in and around the Ireland 23. Are you playing against SA, or the franchises? If it's the former then the tour doesn't seem like a good idea...

Anyway, looks like we need a global season.

Neither SA or URC teams - Currie Cup teams - Griquas, Pumas, etc.

Clearly, Farrell will want to give a good chunk of the team that played NZ Maori another opportunity plus some others where he thinks more depth is needed to get to a RWC outline squad of 45 players allowing for injuries, off-form, etc to cut that down somewhat.

As Geoff points out above, a good chunk of them are Ulster players so they may be impacted more than other three if players like Baloucoune, Lowry, O'Toole, Hume, Timoney are all going.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Tue 30 Aug 2022, 6:10 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:The English league will be impacted at the same time(s) for all teams.

Whoever plays the SA teams first up, or the Irish while emerging Ireland are in SA will have a huge advantage compared to someone playing the same team later in the season with a full squad. It's just yet another completely unbalanced thing that renders the competition a farce.

Yet the apologists will just ignore it and say everythung is fine and it's a great 'league' .

It is what it is. The English league has teams that give up a lot of players, and some not affected at all. Hence their introduction of playoffs to cover absent test players.

Leinster have the same away schedule in SA as last season playing SA teams in Mar/April.

There isn't a huge advantage in playing either SA or Irish teams at any part of the season given their strength in depth. If the provinces have to field more 1st/2nd rank players in Rounds 2-4, I'm sure it will be perceived as a good thing by all.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 11:41 am

Pot Hale wrote:

The Emerging Ireland squad will be max 30 players


35.

https://www.irishrugby.ie/2022/08/31/emerging-ireland-squad-to-play-three-fixtures-in-south-africa/


RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 12:26 pm

That's a great idea from Ireland. Wish the PRL and RFU would get something like that done.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27377
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 1:09 pm

So it's now a 35-man squad led by defence coach Simon Easterby rather than Farrell.  Timing means players miss only two rounds, rather than three of URC.   Squad made up of line-ups selected for NZ Maori and recent U20s standout players.

NZ Maori games had the following with likely senior/experienced test players not travelling:
Lowry, Larmour, Earls, McCloskey, Hume, Aki, O'Brien, Frawley, Casey
Loughman, Scannell, O'Toole, Healy, McCarthy, Treadwell, Prendergast, Timoney, Coombes
Herring, E Byrne, Bealham, Baird, Conan, Murray, Carbery, Hansen.

Recent U20 standouts?
Kendellen, Ahern, Wycherley, Hodnett, Okeke, Campbell, Deeny, Clarkson, McKee, Boyle, Soroka, O'Brien, Russell, Aitzol, Foley, Flannery, Moxham, Crothers

Could be an interesting squad selection.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:08 pm

So for those couple of weekends, the Irish provinces have an interpro fixture each weekend, another province will have an SA side (so both impacted by emerging/SA fixture).

For the fixtures, impacted gates are all located in Ireland with the exception of Bulls and Lions games but both sides are impacted by emergin/SA fixture.

Teams to benefit are;
Zebre away to Munster [weakened Munster there for the taking]
and
Ospreys away to Ulster [weakened Ulster there for the taking]

Round three
September 30/October 1/2
Ulster v Leinster
Bulls v Connacht
Munster v Zebre

Round four
October7/8/9
Connacht v Munster
Leinster v Sharks
Ulster v Ospreys

Round five
October14/15/16
Munster v Bulls
Lions v Ulster
Connacht v Leinster

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2761
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:13 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

That's not been brought up once as far as I'm aware. The point is that the likes of Ospreys and Zebre now have a huge advantage when playing Ulster and Munster away, compared to other teams playing them full strength.

Like everything else in this godforsaken competition it's not a level playing field.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by thebandwagonsociety Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:24 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

That's not been brought up once as far as I'm aware. The point is that the likes of Ospreys and Zebre now have a huge advantage when playing Ulster and Munster away, compared to other teams playing them full strength.

Like everything else in this godforsaken competition it's not a level playing field.

Damn Zebre getting this HUGE advantage.

thebandwagonsociety

Posts : 2761
Join date : 2011-06-02

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:31 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

That's not been brought up once as far as I'm aware. The point is that the likes of Ospreys and Zebre now have a huge advantage when playing Ulster and Munster away, compared to other teams playing them full strength.

Like everything else in this godforsaken competition it's not a level playing field.

Damn Zebre getting this HUGE advantage.

Pathetic response.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:43 pm

This thread is superb.

It's a Trumpian post-truth, rampant contrariness and dishonesty love fest.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by carpet baboon Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:45 pm

Christ I can't wait till the Welsh regions are in the English south west 3 regional league and all their dreams come true

carpet baboon

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

TheMildlyFranticLlama likes this post

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:47 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Christ I can't wait till the Welsh regions are in the English south west 3 regional league and all their dreams come true

Can you give URC HQ in Dublin a call and expedite the process please.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:48 pm

carpet baboon wrote:Christ I can't wait till the Welsh regions are in the English south west 3 regional league and all their dreams come true

One more go at for the hat trick.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:51 pm

thebandwagonsociety wrote:So for those couple of weekends, the Irish provinces have an interpro fixture each weekend, another province will have an SA side (so both impacted by emerging/SA fixture).

For the fixtures, impacted gates are all located in Ireland with the exception of Bulls and Lions games but both sides are impacted by emergin/SA fixture.

Teams to benefit are;
Zebre away to Munster [weakened Munster there for the taking]
and
Ospreys away to Ulster [weakened Ulster there for the taking]

Round three
September 30/October 1/2
Ulster v Leinster
Bulls v Connacht
Munster v Zebre

Round four
October7/8/9
Connacht v Munster
Leinster v Sharks
Ulster v Ospreys

Round five
October14/15/16
Munster v Bulls
Lions v Ulster
Connacht v Leinster

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

Look up the facts.

Emerging Ireland are not playing any of the 4 URC sides - it's 3 Currie Cup sides - Griquas, Pumas and Cheetahs.

It's not three weekends. It's 3 matches in 9 days. 30/9, 5/10 and 9/10 - affecting Rounds 3 & 4.
Connacht will be in SA playing Stormers and Bulls for Rounds 2&3 so their players are there anyway. They all return in time for Round 4 except for EI selected players.
Round 3
Ulster play Leinster in R3 - interpro
Munster play Zebre in Munster. They'll only be able to field a squad with their regular props, locks, and backrow except for Coombes who is injured. In the backline, they'll have to rely on Murray, Healy, Fekitoa, Frisch, Conway, Earls, and Zebo - I'd say they'll be devastated.
Round 4
Connacht play Munster - interpro derby
Leinster play Sharks at RDS - somehow I don't think Sharks will be thinking they have an advantage
Ulster play Ospreys in Ravenhill. Home advantage against a poor Welsh team but admittedly Ulster will be down a few players - could go either way.



Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by carpet baboon Wed 31 Aug 2022, 2:53 pm

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Christ I can't wait till the Welsh regions are in the English south west 3 regional league and all their dreams come true

One more go at for the hat trick.

Come in now Phil. You know deep down this is what you want. All of wales is crying out for it. It will save Welsh rugby

carpet baboon

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:02 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Christ I can't wait till the Welsh regions are in the English south west 3 regional league and all their dreams come true

One more go at for the hat trick.

Come in now Phil. You know deep down this is what you want. All of wales is crying out for it. It will save Welsh rugby

Nah, that would be Midlands 1. SW3 would be too strong.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:03 pm

Pot Hale wrote:Stuff etc.


So Inter-Pros don't matter.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:12 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Stuff etc.


So Inter-Pros don't matter.

Golden rule Phil. Never alter what someone has said when quoting them. If you don’t have the basic manners to do that, you shouldn’t get involved.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:16 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

That's not been brought up once as far as I'm aware. The point is that the likes of Ospreys and Zebre now have a huge advantage when playing Ulster and Munster away, compared to other teams playing them full strength.

Like everything else in this godforsaken competition it's not a level playing field.

Zebre have a huge advantage playing Munster away cos Munster won’t be at full-strength?

Hilarious.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:18 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Stuff etc.


So Inter-Pros don't matter.

Golden rule Phil.  Never alter what someone has said when quoting them.  If you don’t have the basic manners to do that, you shouldn’t get involved.  

The piece was too long.

I see that you haven't addressed my point. Never mind.

It's clear and obvious that the URC is very much third rate in terms of priorities for the owners of the Irish entrants.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:19 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

That's not been brought up once as far as I'm aware. The point is that the likes of Ospreys and Zebre now have a huge advantage when playing Ulster and Munster away, compared to other teams playing them full strength.

Like everything else in this godforsaken competition it's not a level playing field.

Zebre have a huge advantage playing Munster away cos Munster won’t be at full-strength?

Hilarious.  

Or could it be that playing Munster at this time of year is an advantage for Zebre over the clubs who will play Munster when they are at full strength?

What do you reckon?
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:20 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:Stuff etc.


So Inter-Pros don't matter.

Golden rule Phil.  Never alter what someone has said when quoting them.  If you don’t have the basic manners to do that, you shouldn’t get involved.  

The piece was too long.

I see that you haven't addressed my point. Never mind.

It's clear and obvious that the URC is very much third rate in terms of priorities for the owners of the Irish entrants.

Golden rule Phil. And you’re now doubling down on your mistake.

You’re not getting a response.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:22 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
thebandwagonsociety wrote:

No welsh gate receipts will be impacted by these matches.

That's not been brought up once as far as I'm aware. The point is that the likes of Ospreys and Zebre now have a huge advantage when playing Ulster and Munster away, compared to other teams playing them full strength.

Like everything else in this godforsaken competition it's not a level playing field.

Zebre have a huge advantage playing Munster away cos Munster won’t be at full-strength?

Hilarious.  

Or could it be that playing Munster at this time of year is an advantage for Zebre over the clubs who will play Munster when they are at full strength?

What do you reckon?

Golden rule Phil. You’re not getting a response.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:23 pm

Pot Hale wrote:

Golden rule Phil.  And you’re now doubling down on your mistake.  

You’re not getting a response.

Of course I won't get a response because you've realised you've screwed up.

Standard.

Never mind.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:25 pm

PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Golden rule Phil.  And you’re now doubling down on your mistake.  

You’re not getting a response.

Of course I won't get a response because you've realised you've screwed up.

Standard.

Never mind.

Golden rule Phil. You’re not getting a response.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:25 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Golden rule Phil.  And you’re now doubling down on your mistake.  

You’re not getting a response.

Of course I won't get a response because you've realised you've screwed up.

Standard.

Never mind.

Golden rule Phil.  You’re not getting a response.  

You're behaving like a child for goodness sake.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Pot Hale Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:29 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Golden rule Phil.  And you’re now doubling down on your mistake.  

You’re not getting a response.

Of course I won't get a response because you've realised you've screwed up.

Standard.

Never mind.

Golden rule Phil.  You’re not getting a response.  

You're behaving like a child for goodness sake.

Golden rule. Don’t alter or misquote someone.
Pot Hale
Pot Hale

Posts : 7655
Join date : 2011-06-05
Age : 60
Location : North East

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:32 pm

Pot Hale wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
Pot Hale wrote:

Golden rule Phil.  And you’re now doubling down on your mistake.  

You’re not getting a response.

Of course I won't get a response because you've realised you've screwed up.

Standard.

Never mind.

Golden rule Phil.  You’re not getting a response.  

You're behaving like a child for goodness sake.

Golden rule.  Don’t alter or misquote someone.  

That's not a godlen rule laughing . That's just a rule you have started to make up because you don't fancy answering the question.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:33 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
You're behaving like a child for goodness sake.

It's standard with Pot/Pat, had the same drivel on Twitter. Once you highlight his error to him, this is what you get.

Never mind, point proven.

The URC is very, very much down the list of priorities for the IRFU. Scheduling this tour during the tournament is clearly taking the proverbial and, in all fairness, the reaction on Twitter from the followers of Irish rugby is nigh on completely negative towards the IRFU's decision.

But, this is what happens when Blazers are in charge so we shouldn't expect anything less. And it's a lovely dovetail to the idea, that shocked some, that the international game is preventing the club game from growing to its potential......
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by carpet baboon Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:35 pm

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:Christ I can't wait till the Welsh regions are in the English south west 3 regional league and all their dreams come true

One more go at for the hat trick.

Come in now Phil. You know deep down this is what you want. All of wales is crying out for it. It will save Welsh rugby

Nah, that would be Midlands 1. SW3 would be too strong.

Fella I have played midlands 1. You would do well to finish mid table

carpet baboon

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:35 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
Fella I have played midlands 1. You would do well to finish mid table

Indeed. We know our place.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:36 pm

PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
You're behaving like a child for goodness sake.

It's standard with Pot/Pat, had the same drivel on Twitter. Once you highlight his error to him, this is what you get.

Never mind, point proven.

The URC is very, very much down the list of priorities for the IRFU. Scheduling this tour during the tournament is clearly taking the proverbial and, in all fairness, the reaction on Twitter from the followers of Irish rugby is nigh on completely negative towards the IRFU's decision.

But, this is what happens when Blazers are in charge so we shouldn't expect anything less. And it's a lovely dovetail to the idea, that shocked some, that the international game is preventing the club game from growing to its potential......

I guess this is what happens when your team is owned and controlled by a Union. When push comes to shove they'll choose the test game over the domestic game.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:44 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
I guess this is what happens when your team is owned and controlled by a Union. When push comes to shove they'll choose the test game over the domestic game.

Compound that with the Scottish situation where the press are asking the coaches of both teams if they'd be interested in signing any Scottish eligible players from Worcester. Both answer 'yes'. Neither has the option to do so as it's the SRU who contract the players.

Yet more reasons why the URC isn't a proper competition.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by carpet baboon Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:45 pm

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
Fella I have played midlands 1. You would do well to finish mid table

Indeed. We know our place.

To be honest your regions deserve a hell of a lot better than the WRU.
Always enjoyed away games in Wales.
And I may take the pee occasionally but I would rather 4 Welsh teams doing well in the URC than not have them at all.
I do hope your union sorts it self out and funds you properly.
Would be good for all of us

carpet baboon

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RugbyFan100 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:45 pm

PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
I guess this is what happens when your team is owned and controlled by a Union. When push comes to shove they'll choose the test game over the domestic game.

Compound that with the Scottish situation where the press are asking the coaches of both teams if they'd be interested in signing any Scottish eligible players from Worcester. Both answer 'yes'. Neither has the option to do so as it's the SRU who contract the players.

Yet more reasons why the URC isn't a proper competition.

Did they really? Christ. What a farce.

RugbyFan100

Posts : 2172
Join date : 2016-10-07

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:49 pm

carpet baboon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
Fella I have played midlands 1. You would do well to finish mid table

Indeed. We know our place.

To be honest your regions deserve a hell of a lot better than the WRU.
Always enjoyed away games in Wales.
And I may take the pee occasionally but I would rather 4 Welsh teams doing well in the URC than not have them at all.
I do hope your union sorts it self out and funds you properly.
Would be good for all of us

We'd all prefer them doing well in the URC but I can't see how they can. Those days are over. It's as much about public interest as it is about the rank incompetence of the Union, too. Crowds are beginning to slip, the Ospreys are giving away tickets because their stadium deal is killing them whilst the two standalones tough it out.

It's just survival mode. It's dreadful. The game really is on a knife edge.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by carpet baboon Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:54 pm

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:
Fella I have played midlands 1. You would do well to finish mid table

Indeed. We know our place.

To be honest your regions deserve a hell of a lot better than the WRU.
Always enjoyed away games in Wales.
And I may take the pee occasionally but I would rather 4 Welsh teams doing well in the URC than not have them at all.
I do hope your union sorts it self out and funds you properly.
Would be good for all of us

We'd all prefer them doing well in the URC but I can't see how they can. Those days are over. It's as much about public interest as it is about the rank incompetence of the Union, too. Crowds are beginning to slip, the Ospreys are giving away tickets because their stadium deal is killing them whilst the two standalones tough it out.

It's just survival mode. It's dreadful. The game really is on a knife edge.

What could save it? Apart from the PRL? ( I understand why that would work, but I just can't see it happening)

But with Cvc's fingers in a lot of rugby pies I could see them trying to get a B&I league off the ground. A two tier comp would work best but can't see any of the teams willing to start in the "lower" league

carpet baboon

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:55 pm

RugbyFan100 wrote:
PhilBB wrote:
RugbyFan100 wrote:
I guess this is what happens when your team is owned and controlled by a Union. When push comes to shove they'll choose the test game over the domestic game.

Compound that with the Scottish situation where the press are asking the coaches of both teams if they'd be interested in signing any Scottish eligible players from Worcester. Both answer 'yes'. Neither has the option to do so as it's the SRU who contract the players.

Yet more reasons why the URC isn't a proper competition.

Did they really? Christ. What a farce.

https://twitter.com/SDM_Robertson/status/1564724827126218752?s=20&t=9I92QpuzlU_PcpEY70bKtg
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 3:56 pm

carpet baboon wrote:

What could save it? Apart from the PRL? ( I understand why that would work, but I just can't see it happening)

But with Cvc's fingers in a lot of rugby pies I could see them trying to get a B&I league off the ground. A two tier comp would work best but can't see any of the teams willing to start in the "lower" league

I don't see anything being able to save it as what needs to happen has been the same issue for 25 years: the WRU Governance.

I can't see CVC being successful in a B&I league. PRL clubs won't deal with Union owned teams and the IRFU isn't even incorporated.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 31 Aug 2022, 4:00 pm

Well there we go, the Irish prioritise the international games. Expect the Welsh teams to finish above them all.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27377
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by carpet baboon Wed 31 Aug 2022, 4:06 pm

PhilBB wrote:
carpet baboon wrote:

What could save it? Apart from the PRL? ( I understand why that would work, but I just can't see it happening)

But with Cvc's fingers in a lot of rugby pies I could see them trying to get a B&I league off the ground. A two tier comp would work best but can't see any of the teams willing to start in the "lower" league

I don't see anything being able to save it as what needs to happen has been the same issue for 25 years: the WRU Governance.

I can't see CVC being successful in a B&I league. PRL clubs won't deal with Union owned teams and the IRFU isn't even incorporated.

Part of me agrees with you. Another part says if they are facing more clubs going under I think they may be able to find a compromise.

And for all the money CVC have put in they will want some return at some point. And large amounts of cash can change a lot of opinions

carpet baboon

Posts : 2668
Join date : 2014-05-08
Location : Midlands

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by PhilBB Wed 31 Aug 2022, 4:10 pm

carpet baboon wrote:

Part of me agrees with you. Another part says if they are facing more clubs going under I think they may be able to find a compromise.

And for all the money CVC have put in they will want some return at some point. And large amounts of cash can change a lot of opinions

There's no compromise. The WRU isn't interested in changing as the only mechanism for change will see those riding the gravy train being forced off. When Amanda Blanc walks away calling you "dinosaurs" and there are more stories of misogyny than tries against Italy, YET still nothing happens, you know the game is over.

CVC have spent next to nothing on rugby. It's a pittance for them. It's seed money. It's money they can write off easily as 'we spent a couple of quid to find out what was going on'. There's no way PRL will allow a league where the owner of four clubs arranges a tour just as the season is starting and where that owner employs a bloke to help move players around its own internal departments. It's a farce.
PhilBB
PhilBB

Posts : 6304
Join date : 2012-10-09

http://www.cardiffrfcfans.co.uk

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by RiscaGame Wed 31 Aug 2022, 6:48 pm

This thread is getting a bit beyond a joke now. I unfortunately have to read all the posts and this thread is becoming a load of nonsense.

I get that some of you think you're only offering banter, but half of these discussions regarding funding/budgets are obviously quite sensitive for some, so just consider what your post is going to do. I don't mind a bit of banter, but when it's hard to judge tone on here, it can ultimately derail threads unintentionally.

The fifth page was definitely all nonsense, so that's gone. Try to remember that you're probably all grown adults, so there's no real need to have a quoting battle over a load of guff. There are some posts that remain on the fourth page, but that's only because it's a nightmare to do multiple splits or deletes.

On the whole, people are respectful of other people's views. There just tends to be points when it gets too much and threads start going downhill. Some posters just like discussing rugby maturely. I'd like to think we don't have to start banning people, or restricting people to only posting on certain threads.

I'll see if it's worth reopening tomorrow.


RiscaGame
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 5343
Join date : 2016-01-24

Back to top Go down

URC Season 2022/23 - Page 4 Empty Re: URC Season 2022/23

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum