The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shotscope?

3 posters

Go down

Shotscope? Empty Shotscope?

Post by super_realist Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:08 pm

Does anyone use Shotscope or similar. Does reveal some quite interesting and concerning trends.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Shotscope? Empty Re: Shotscope?

Post by McLaren Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:53 pm

Is that the one where you put the trackers in the end of your grips?

If so, a mate of mine had one and the yardages it came up with were ludicrous. I am about two irons longer than him and it was telling him his 7 iron went 180. It doesn't by the way.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:59 pm

It's one of the ones that do that Mac.
I've found the yardages to be quite accurate for me, but where it's useful is to see where your misses are and potentially losing shots.
I was disgusted to see how many greens I miss either short or right. Hardly miss any left or long by comparison, so it gives me something to focus on to improve.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:58 pm

Super

What would be more interesting to know is how you miss relative to pin positions. So you get an idea of how often you are short sided.

Tiger once said the key to great scoring is finishing pin high.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:12 pm

McLaren wrote:Super

What would be more interesting to know is how you miss relative to pin positions. So you get an idea of how often you are short sided.

Tiger once said the key to great scoring is finishing pin high.

I think at the moment is settle for more GIR. Currently I'm at a fairly embarrassing 50% for last 12 months play. Frankly incredible I've held onto +1.
Interestingly, my old course GIR over same period is 70%

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:18 pm

Super

I just think you could work out your miss strike (eg short/left/right) on a track man whereas missing the green in real life is a combo of strike and course management/shot selection.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:53 pm

I just think you could work out your miss strike (eg short/left/right) on a track man whereas missing the green in real life is a combo of strike and course management/shot selection.

Shotscope does tell me that Mac, My bad shots are either Short or Right and 40% of my Green approaches come from one or both of these things combined. Only 10% are left and/or long.
The short shouldn't be a problem to rectify as I can just add 5 yards to measured distance, but the miss right is obviously some sort of issue I have whether it's swing, shape or aiming.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Wed Sep 21, 2022 10:44 pm

Post a swing video. I might be able to offer you some pointers.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Sep 21, 2022 11:40 pm

Not sure if it's a turning point but hit 14 GIR in regulation on Monday.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by McLaren Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:08 am

super_realist wrote:Not sure if it's a turning point but hit 14 GIR in regulation on Monday.

Courses are getting softer. I have noticed having a lot more birdie chances in the last few weeks.
McLaren
McLaren

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Tue Nov 15, 2022 11:51 pm

super_realist wrote:

Shotscope does tell me that Mac, My bad shots are either Short or Right and 40% of my Green approaches come from one or both of these things combined. Only 10% are left and/or long.
The short shouldn't be a problem to rectify as I can just add 5 yards to measured distance, but the miss right is obviously some sort of issue I have whether it's swing, shape or aiming.

Presuming fade rather than block Supes?

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by super_realist Wed Nov 16, 2022 12:46 am

Sometimes a mix of both, seem to have sorted it though, big improvements recently.

super_realist

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS Wed Nov 16, 2022 3:20 am

super_realist wrote:Sometimes a mix of both, seem to have sorted it though, big improvements recently.

Sometimes it can be something odd like a bit of residual stiffness in the back or hips. Not bad enough to be painful or noticeably restrictive but enough to slightly restrict or disrupt the turn so you don't get through the ball quite the same. It can disappear as mysteriously as it arrived.

JAS

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum