The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

+20
propdavid_london
Poorfour
Welshmushroom
WELL-PAST-IT
Hazel Sapling
profitius
sensisball
EST
George Carlin
RugbyFan100
BigGee
Geordie
Oakdene
BamBam
RiscaGame
No 7&1/2
mikey_dragon
formerly known as Sam
Recwatcher16
Sgt_Pooly
24 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Sgt_Pooly Thu 24 Nov 2022, 5:41 am

First topic message reminder :

And.....off you go.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35724
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down


Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 05 Jan 2023, 4:11 pm

Geordie wrote:Nathan Earle moves to Ealing with immediate effect.

High earner Falcons don't need off the books. Makes sense. Real shame he's never managed to kick on and reach his potential.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Thu 05 Jan 2023, 4:52 pm

Oakdene wrote:Northampton have signed Curtis Langdon from Montpellier.

I saw that, it makes 8 hookers in the senior squad although about 4 of them have played less than 10 games. We have Matavesi, Haywood and Fish plus now Langdon as the seniors, the other 4 as apprentices. Still seems a lot in these days of austerity.
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 3458
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 05 Jan 2023, 7:56 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
Oakdene wrote:Northampton have signed Curtis Langdon from Montpellier.

I saw that, it makes 8 hookers in the senior squad although about 4 of them have played less than 10 games. We have Matavesi, Haywood and Fish plus now Langdon as the seniors, the other 4 as apprentices. Still seems a lot in these days of austerity.

Not sure you can call 24 year old Robbie Smith an apprentice. Ten appearances so far this season.

I presumed you were either losing one or expecting Matavesi to be away at the world cup. It would be a fair assumption, Matavesi is a useful hooker and can be a hindrance at the breakdown which is an area Fiji aren't great.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Jan 2023, 8:09 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Geordie wrote:Nathan Earle moves to Ealing with immediate effect.

High earner Falcons don't need off the books. Makes sense. Real shame he's never managed to kick on and reach his potential.

Totally Sam another area we have so much strong competition we don't really need him.

Geordie

Posts : 26387
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Thu 05 Jan 2023, 8:11 pm

formerly known as Sam wrote:
WELL-PAST-IT wrote:
Oakdene wrote:Northampton have signed Curtis Langdon from Montpellier.

I saw that, it makes 8 hookers in the senior squad although about 4 of them have played less than 10 games. We have Matavesi, Haywood and Fish plus now Langdon as the seniors, the other 4 as apprentices. Still seems a lot in these days of austerity.

Not sure you can call 24 year old Robbie Smith an apprentice. Ten appearances so far this season.

I presumed you were either losing one or expecting Matavesi to be away at the world cup. It would be a fair assumption, Matavesi is a useful hooker and can be a hindrance at the breakdown which is an area Fiji aren't great.

We know our hookers up here....(hhmm that doesnt sound right) ..and most fans thought Robbie Smith was a real good prospect to work with.

Geordie

Posts : 26387
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Tue 10 Jan 2023, 2:35 pm

Saw the rumour of esterhuizen moving to France which was quickly quashed by the Quins chairman. Got me thinking though, and can't find the answer, is there now a limit on players coming from KOLPAC countries following brexit?

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27875
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by WELL-PAST-IT Tue 10 Jan 2023, 5:25 pm

Burger Odendaal signs for Saints, another SA, Saints version of Esterhuizen
WELL-PAST-IT
WELL-PAST-IT

Posts : 3458
Join date : 2011-06-01

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Tue 10 Jan 2023, 6:14 pm

WELL-PAST-IT wrote:Burger Odendaal signs for Saints, another SA, Saints version of Esterhuizen

He's not Esterhuizen sized but he's a really good signing for Saints. He'll add a bit more steel in defence and run some good hard (yet intelligent) lines to add something else to the attack. I did wonder when Wasps collapsed if Saints would be keen because he's such an obviously good fit for them.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by BigGee Wed 11 Jan 2023, 8:22 am

Gregor Townsend in the mix for the Leicester head coach job?

He seems to be getting linked to a few jobs post WC

BigGee
Admin
Admin

Posts : 13713
Join date : 2013-11-05
Location : London

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 11 Jan 2023, 11:36 am

BigGee wrote:Gregor Townsend in the mix for the Leicester head coach job?

He seems to be getting linked to a few jobs post WC

There's been some ambition shown with the candidates being contacted to see if interested in the position, the club thought Borthwick would be going in the summer so planning was based around that. Lancaster was apparently sounded out before he signed for Paris. Leon MacDonald and Dan MacFarland also mentioned as possibles.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 11 Jan 2023, 11:41 am

Plonked it in the England thread but Clarke (fitness coach) from Red Roses to England mens and then Walters from Leicester to fill the gap is a rumour.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27875
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Wed 11 Jan 2023, 2:31 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:Plonked it in the England thread but Clarke (fitness coach) from Red Roses to England mens and then Walters from Leicester to fill the gap is a rumour.

Jon Clarke was the men's S&C coach, Aled would replace him. I doubt the RFU would spend what would be required to get Aled away from Tigers to be S&C coach for the women's team.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Wed 11 Jan 2023, 2:46 pm

misread that in my speed reading. Yes went to red roses then the mens.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27875
Join date : 2012-10-20

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Thu 12 Jan 2023, 10:01 am

Silly season has started.

Apparently we are chasing Harry Thacker.

Geordie

Posts : 26387
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 Jan 2023, 10:44 am

Sale defence coach Mike Forshaw to Wales.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Oakdene Thu 12 Jan 2023, 10:46 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:Sale defence coach Mike Forshaw to Wales.

Could be a good appointment that, Sale have conceded the fewest points so far in the Premiership.

Oakdene

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Thu 12 Jan 2023, 11:58 am

Oakdene wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Sale defence coach Mike Forshaw to Wales.

Could be a good appointment that, Sale have conceded the fewest points so far in the Premiership.

It would be a very good appointment, Sale have both an aggressive and organised defence. Lots of good decision making, well targeted double tackles. Will be a real blow to Sale to lose him.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Oakdene Thu 12 Jan 2023, 11:59 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
formerly known as Sam wrote:Sale defence coach Mike Forshaw to Wales.

Could be a good appointment that, Sale have conceded the fewest points so far in the Premiership.

It would be a very good appointment, Sale have both an aggressive and organised defence. Lots of good decision making, well targeted double tackles. Will be a real blow to Sale to lose him.

Well we know that Gatland's game plan relies on a solid aggressive defence so fingers crossed Forshaw can bring the tactics from Sale to Wales.

Oakdene

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Thu 12 Jan 2023, 6:27 pm

T Willis to Saracens now confirmed for next season.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27875
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 13 Jan 2023, 9:27 am

No 7&1/2 wrote:T Willis to Saracens now confirmed for next season.

Presume this means Andy Christie is heading north of the border to try and get more game time and push his Scotland ambitions.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Hazel Sapling Fri 13 Jan 2023, 9:48 am

formerly known as Sam wrote:
No 7&1/2 wrote:T Willis to Saracens now confirmed for next season.

Presume this means Andy Christie is heading north of the border to try and get more game time and push his Scotland ambitions.

It is a strange time with the English cap going down massively (during a RWC year) and then back up. Christie signed a new deal in December 2021 based on a quick google. Presume it would take him to the summer of 2024 if a two year extension

At the end of the RWC, Jackson Wray is 33 and Billy Vunipola 31. Theo McFarland will be getting back from an ACL tear. Itoje and Earl should be away with England for the first three months of the year. Maybe Isiekwe as well. Not sure Sarries will want to cut his time short though the salary cap will dictate what they will be willing to do.


Hazel Sapling

Posts : 2410
Join date : 2015-05-26

formerly known as Sam likes this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by No 7&1/2 Fri 13 Jan 2023, 9:57 am

I'd presumed it meant Vunipola was off to France.

No 7&1/2

Posts : 27875
Join date : 2012-10-20

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Fri 13 Jan 2023, 1:02 pm

No 7&1/2 wrote:I'd presumed it meant Vunipola was off to France.

His name is always linked to French teams and then he always stays with Sarries so I'd dismissed that idea but mainly it's finally going to happen.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9:38 am

Cheika sacked, Eddie Jones to lead Aus up to 2027. Nuts mind.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9:46 am

Cheika is going to be shocked with that! Especially since he's coach of Argentina.....

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35724
Join date : 2011-04-27

Geordie and lostinwales like this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Oakdene Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9:50 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Cheika sacked, Eddie Jones to lead Aus up to 2027. Nuts mind.

Think you mean Dave Rennie there....

Oakdene

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9:59 am

Dave Ewers looks like he is leaving Exeter and moving to Ulster. Another Chief on his way out.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:01 am

Cheika on the brain, definitely meant Dave Rennie! Does Borthwick need an assistant coach? Wink

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Oakdene likes this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:04 am

Well the usual rumours starting to come about...

Chick to Exeter
Trevor Davison to Gloucester
Logo to retire

We have supposedly signed Tighthead Murray McCallum from Edinburgh...prop who covers both sides.

Geordie

Posts : 26387
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:04 am

Welshmushroom wrote:Dave Ewers looks like he is leaving Exeter and moving to Ulster.   Another Chief on his way out.

That would back up the Calum Chick to Exeter rumours we have up here.

Geordie

Posts : 26387
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:13 am

Geordie wrote:
Welshmushroom wrote:Dave Ewers looks like he is leaving Exeter and moving to Ulster.   Another Chief on his way out.

That would back up the Calum Chick to Exeter rumours we have up here.

Might be some miles in that one especially as Kirsten has been linked with the Bulls as well. So Exeter must be in the market for an 8.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:43 am

Does that mean Vermeulen is leaving Ulster?

A bit strange that Ewers didn't get an England cap, although he has been up against Mercer, Vunipola and Dombrandt in recent years.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:56 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Does that mean Vermeulen is leaving Ulster?

A bit strange that Ewers didn't get an England cap, although he has been up against Mercer, Vunipola and Dombrandt in recent years.

Ewers plays blindside for Exeter. Not the most mobile guy but workrate and physicality are massive.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:58 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Does that mean Vermeulen is leaving Ulster?

A bit strange that Ewers didn't get an England cap, although he has been up against Mercer, Vunipola and Dombrandt in recent years.

He's more of a 6 and never really suited the concept of a mobile, jumping flanker. SL preferred more lightweight, faster options and Jones never fancied him either (Haskell and later Lawes) I'd have liked to have see him as part of a heavyweight pack, looking to front up and dominate but it never materialised.

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35724
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 16 Jan 2023, 11:15 am

mikey_dragon wrote:Does that mean Vermeulen is leaving Ulster?

A bit strange that Ewers didn't get an England cap, although he has been up against Mercer, Vunipola and Dombrandt in recent years.

He is out of contract so would assume Ulster will let him go. They didn't get the best return on games played so would imagine this plays in to their thinking. He may even decide to retire after the world cup as I'm sure he is well set for retirement.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Welshmushroom Mon 16 Jan 2023, 2:47 pm

So according to me Exeter have the following players still unconfirmed out of contract:-
Danny Southworth
Jack Innard
Harry Williams - has been linked with a move away
Joe Simmonds - linked with a move to France
Solomone Kata
Sean O'Brien
Jack Nowell - linked with a move to France
Stuart Hogg
Facundo Cordero
Christ Tshiunza

Already gone Cowan-Dickie, Sam Simmonds, Dave Ewers, Jannes Kirsten.

Welsh Regions must be interested in Tshiunza. Be interested to see if Exeter can keep hold of him.

Let me know if any of the above did in fact get re-signed by Exeter.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 2:59 pm

I'd like it but no Welsh team is in a position to sign Tshiunza because of the current situation. Exeter could offer him a contract renewal and actually put it in writing, I'm sure they want to keep him too.

I would take Kata and any of the forwards though.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Geordie Mon 16 Jan 2023, 3:02 pm

Cant see Tshiunza leaving Exeter.
And you have to Wonder what Jack Willis will do after his short term sabbatical in France.

Would Exeter be after someone like him...most definitely.

Purely hypothetically...they could have a back row of..
6 Tshiunza / Chick
7 Willis
8 Captstick / Chick

Geordie

Posts : 26387
Join date : 2011-03-31
Location : Newcastle

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 3:10 pm

I bet there's a clause for an extension written into his contract too, clever Baxter working around the 60 cap rule.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Geordie likes this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Oakdene Mon 16 Jan 2023, 3:15 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:I'd like it but no Welsh team is in a position to sign Tshiunza because of the current situation. Exeter could offer him a contract renewal and actually put it in writing, I'm sure they want to keep him too.

I would take Kata and any of the forwards though.

I read somewhere that al the regions are happy to sign the agreement now, so hopefully we will see some contract extensions & new signings soon.

Oakdene

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Sgt_Pooly Mon 16 Jan 2023, 3:32 pm

I was listening to something recently (can't remember what) and they mentioned Cardiff having a budget of well over £8million.

I was a little surprised with the figure tbh (no idea if it's correct). Is this a realistic budget for one of the regions?

Sgt_Pooly
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 35724
Join date : 2011-04-27

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 5:05 pm

Oakdene wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'd like it but no Welsh team is in a position to sign Tshiunza because of the current situation. Exeter could offer him a contract renewal and actually put it in writing, I'm sure they want to keep him too.

I would take Kata and any of the forwards though.

I read somewhere that al the regions are happy to sign the agreement now, so hopefully we will see some contract extensions & new signings soon.

Well that's good news. Any names mentioned for your team on Scarletvine?

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 5:06 pm

Sgt_Pooly wrote:I was listening to something recently (can't remember what) and they mentioned Cardiff having a budget of well over £8million.

I was a little surprised with the figure tbh (no idea if it's correct). Is this a realistic budget for one of the regions?

£8 million sounds about right for Cardiff and Scarlets.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Sgt_Pooly likes this post

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by sensisball Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9:02 pm

Jonno Gibbs sacked by Clermont. President said that recent form with only 1 win in 5 and languishing in 10th in T14 wasn't compatible with the stated ambitions of the club
Jared Payne takes over as interim head coach for this weekend's trip to the Stormers
According to Lequipe, Christophe Urios will be appointed as the new head coach some time next week!!!!

sensisball

Posts : 838
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Mon 16 Jan 2023, 9:51 pm

Wasn’t Urios previously sacked?

I’d take Gibbes as coach in a heartbeat.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by formerly known as Sam Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:15 pm

mikey_dragon wrote:Wasn’t Urios previously sacked?

I’d take Gibbes as coach in a heartbeat.

Yeah he was sacked by Bordeaux. He was successful at Casters previously, think he won the title there.

Clermont have looked less than the sum of their parts up front when I've seen them this season. The backs look incredible but are living off scraps, they must be desperate for someone to come in and give them a platform to work from. The Clermont backs coach left a couple of weeks backs so it sounds like the environment was maybe not the best. Damian Penaud leaving was a real shock and maybe another indicator things aren't right in the Massif Central.

formerly known as Sam

Posts : 18661
Join date : 2011-07-13
Age : 36
Location : Leicestershire

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by sensisball Mon 16 Jan 2023, 10:37 pm

Hasn't helped that the injury list for forwards has been vast. When Les Jaunards played Toulouse two weeks ago they had 7 out of 9 squad back rowers unavailable. Had to field 2 no 8's and a rookie 6, a 19 year old ( who actually had a good game).
That was never going to end well and it didn't.
On the plus side lots of youngsters have gained a lot of game time but it's just not working for them
Losing Parra and Lopez at the same time was always going to be a challenge and so it has proved.

sensisball

Posts : 838
Join date : 2011-02-17
Location : Glasgow

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Welshmushroom Tue 17 Jan 2023, 7:55 am

Henry Immelman leaves Edinburgh to sign with the Bulls.

Jannes Kirsten leaves Exeter to sign for the Bulls.

Ned Hanigan leaves Waratahs and signs for Clermont.

Welshmushroom

Posts : 1400
Join date : 2011-08-09

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Oakdene Tue 17 Jan 2023, 8:07 am

mikey_dragon wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'd like it but no Welsh team is in a position to sign Tshiunza because of the current situation. Exeter could offer him a contract renewal and actually put it in writing, I'm sure they want to keep him too.

I would take Kata and any of the forwards though.

I read somewhere that al the regions are happy to sign the agreement now, so hopefully we will see some contract extensions & new signings soon.

Well that's good news. Any names mentioned for your team on Scarletvine?

None at all, we're scouting a couple of South African second rows but that's all I've heard.

Oakdene

Posts : 699
Join date : 2012-06-14

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by mikey_dragon Tue 17 Jan 2023, 9:27 am

Oakdene wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:
Oakdene wrote:
mikey_dragon wrote:I'd like it but no Welsh team is in a position to sign Tshiunza because of the current situation. Exeter could offer him a contract renewal and actually put it in writing, I'm sure they want to keep him too.

I would take Kata and any of the forwards though.

I read somewhere that al the regions are happy to sign the agreement now, so hopefully we will see some contract extensions & new signings soon.

Well that's good news. Any names mentioned for your team on Scarletvine?

None at all, we're scouting a couple of South African second rows but that's all I've heard.

Bulls have plenty of those. Their locks in the Currie Cup team are decent too. If you look on any continent you'll see teams with South African locks.

mikey_dragon

Posts : 14055
Join date : 2015-07-25

Back to top Go down

Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23 - Page 3 Empty Re: Silly Season Transfer Rumours 22/23

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum