The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! !

4 posters

Go down

Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! ! Empty Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! !

Post by maestegmafia Wed 15 Jun 2011, 11:41 pm

Prop Gethin Jenkins is back in full training after toe surgery in January.

The Cardiff Blues loose-head, who has not played since 7 January, was joined by Exeter-bound tight-head prop Craig Mitchell in training as Wales began their conditioning programme ahead of September's Rugby World Cup.

Mitchell has been out since dislocating his shoulder in Wales' Six Nations win over Ireland in March so the return of Mitchell and Jenkins coupled with Owens' call-up has bolstered Gatland's Wales front row options.

maestegmafia

Back to top Go down

Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! ! Empty Re: Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! !

Post by Guest Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:43 am

Never having had toe surgery it seems a long time to be out for that injury - although I guess he is putting a fair bit of weight on it!

Were there complications?

Good to see him back. He'll be especially welcome back for the World Cup given that he can prop both sides.

Back to top Go down

Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! ! Empty Re: Good news for Wales RWC chances ! ! !

Post by polotechnics Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:51 am

thats exactly what i was wondering. He seems to have been out for ages, I thought he had knee surgery or something more serious. but like you say covers a lot of ground and carries a fair bit of weight on that toe.

polotechnics

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:52 am

It's good news but most of us know that Owens should be in there instead of Huw Bennett. Let's hope he shows up well in the summer internationals and that Hibbard recovers thus leaving Gatland with no other option than to discard Bennett idea

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by RubyGuby Thu 16 Jun 2011, 9:55 am

I think the length of time was due to the fact that he had severe PTSD - Post Toematic Stress Disorder - Nightmares and flashbacks of the game against France a few years ago :run2:

RubyGuby

Back to top Go down

Post by wales606 Thu 16 Jun 2011, 11:15 am

PTSD laughing

Well, Gethin Jenkins had been suffering with the toe problems all season and decided to under the knife during the 6Ns so he wouldnt miss the WC. However, he was supposed to be back for the Blues last few games - obviously the recovery was slower.

Good to see that Mitchell is back - FINALLY some depth behind Adam Jones

I hope Hibbard recovers as he is the only one I would trust to come off the bench for Rees. :/
wales606
wales606

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down