The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE?

5 posters

Go down

Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE? Empty Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE?

Post by ADMIN Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:06 pm

Former WWE star Batista recently spoke out to promote his latest project, the Gracie Fighter Gym. It is a Tampa, Florida based jiu jitsu and mixed martial arts school he is operating in association with Cesar Gracie. Highlights are as follows:

* Batista stated during the interview that his martial arts base was Kali, and after taking up Muay Thai and jiu jitsu several years ago, it become his passion. He originally intended to make the gym private, a place near his home where he could train, but then decided to open it to the public. He's now training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu gi so that he can attain rank. His goal is to someday become a Cesar Gracie black belt.

* Batista said he left WWE last year because he no longer fit with their product. He dislikes WWE's kid-friendly direction, saying there is nothing kid-friendly about Dave Batista. Batista said WWE's direction leaves a bad taste in his mouth as it's too unbelievable and hokey. He feels he became disconnected from the industry and became unhappy with it. Though he still believes in WWE as a company, he doesn't think there is a place for him anymore.

* Regarding comparisons to Mason Ryan, Batista doesn't feel the Raw Superstar is imitating him and if he was, he would be flattered. Batista thinks Ryan is a great guy after meeting him in London, England and is curious to see where his career goes.

* Regarding his future in the wrestling industry, he said that he'd like to finish his career on his terms and return to WWE for a brief run and retirement match. He is also interested in working with the organization in a non-wrestling capacity.

Source: The Wrestling Observer Newsletter

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down

Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE? Empty Re: Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE?

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 23 Jun 2011, 11:11 pm

I read this last week, great honest interview from Batista, its refreshing to read an honest opinion from an ex WWE guy and not just have them crapping out a pro WWE line just to keep in the good books (I'm looking at you Jericho)

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE? Empty Re: Interview with Batista - Returning to WWE?

Post by talkingpoint Fri 24 Jun 2011, 8:53 am

I wish him well in his aspirations to become a BJJ black belt that is no mean feat! If he's training with Cesar Gracie he should be in good hands though.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:42 am

Batista seems desperate to make the internet like him, he has set up a Twitter account and posted this;

Former WWE star Batista has launched an account on Twitter via twitter.com/Real_DBautista. The account has been confirmed by his official website, Demon-Wrestling.com. He posted an introductory message explaining what he's been up to since parting ways with WWE last year.

"So I'm giving in to my rule of NO social networking because I promised my boy Josh Rafferty that i would......so here we go!" Batista wrote. "First off!!!!! NO HATERS ALLOWED!!! I hate HATERS!! I wish all haters a Nick Diaz style ass woopin! go somewhere else!

"This is what i've done since I left WWE a year ago....3 movies, first one "House of the Rising Sun" being released next month. riding low with my homies.... THE IMPERIALS!!!! Los Angeles chapter....sup Francisco,Junior, El Presidente Tomas..(we miss you Jesse) training my ass off at Gracie Fighter Pleasant Hill Cali, Gracie Fighter Tampa Fl., and Powerhouse Gym in Downtown Tampa. ....and chillin with Sarah : )"

Batista also says he plans on fighting no matter what.

He wrote, "So I'll repeat myself because haters are not only losers but they also seem to be illiterate! NO Flip HATERS! no negative chi here!!!! and God willing...YES I will be fighting. even if i have to walk my old ass to the cage with a cane!"

Batista then criticizes WWE's "PG" product, writing, "I'm the biggest wrestling fan there is..which is why I'm boycotting the PG BS! They're selling watered down art bro. Kills me."

Batista also responded to queries regarding his recent weight loss. He says he gave up weights and eliminated certain foods from his diet.

"Gave up the weights, gluten, red meat, pork....down to 260...feel great," he wrote. "Leaner than ever though. I feel great at this weight."

1. He sounds incredibly stupid from these posts.
2. It seems he just insulting the PG product because he is desperate for people to like him.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Sun 26 Jun 2011, 10:59 am

What if he truly believes it? The product does suck

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 26 Jun 2011, 11:42 am

He may do, it just seems weird how he has suddenly started saying all this despite the PG era being a good reason for his success.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by talkingpoint Sun 26 Jun 2011, 6:04 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:He may do, it just seems weird how he has suddenly started saying all this despite the PG era being a good reason for his success.

There could be several reasons why he grew to hate PG - real jealousy of Cena perhaps? Lack of faith in WWE creative? But I think this emphasis on his MMA training is because of the doubters that thought either A) he'd go crawling back to the WWE or B) he is too old to fight professionally. Batista obviously feels he has something to prove... at least to himself, which is why he wants to grade in BJJ.

talkingpoint

Back to top Go down

Post by Shot 21 LCFC Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:14 am

Batista is right though - the PG Era is lame! Dont get me wrong, Im still really enjoying watching wrestling and it keeps me coming back every week, but when I think of how it was in the Attitude Era it makes me wih it could go back to that.

Shot 21 LCFC

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Thu 30 Jun 2011, 12:16 am

I wouldn't credit the PG era for Batista's success, the PG era co-incided with everyone losing intrest in him in 08

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down