The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pakistan

4 posters

Go down

Pakistan Empty Pakistan

Post by Guest Sun Feb 13, 2011 10:48 am

Given what has happend with the match fixing scandal can they bounce back to glory at the World Cup or will the pressure of playing with what has happened affect the team?

They are a talented team no question, but can they cope with the world scrutinising every aspect of them on the biggest stage of them all?

Back to top Go down

Pakistan Empty Re: Pakistan

Post by eirebilly Sun Feb 13, 2011 11:04 am

Pakistan will come back. They are an excellent side and will certainly make a few teams sweat at the WC.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:11 pm

yes like billy said, pakistan are an excellent side but for me there is only 4 possible winners of the world cup India, Australia, England or South Africa

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Sirius, i dont think that England have a hope in hell of winning the ODI WC to be honest, they are just not good enough in that form of the game. I think that India will win but i also would'nt write off Sri Lanka, the conditions will suit them and they are a very good ODI team.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:26 pm

eirebilly wrote:Sirius, i dont think that England have a hope in hell of winning the ODI WC to be honest, they are just not good enough in that form of the game. I think that India will win but i also would'nt write off Sri Lanka, the conditions will suit them and they are a very good ODI team.
yes your probably right i think i put hope in front of sense there for a minute

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Sun Feb 13, 2011 1:31 pm

Ha ha, i know what you mean, i do that alot myself. I really want England to win but i just honestly cant see it happening.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Pal Joey Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:51 pm

Pakistan have the potential to go far in this WC. If they beat one of either SL or Aus (or dare I say - both) then they will have their tails up come the semis. They look a well balanced side with some very damaging players.

Never write England off but tbh they will have to step up a gear or two if they're going to feature in the latter stages of the tournament. Batting looks solid but I have my reservations about the ability of the bowlers to wreak havoc against the subcon sides especially.

(I tipped them to upset India though...how crazy is that?)

Pal Joey
PJ
PJ

Back to top Go down

Post by _kunjumon Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:38 pm

I have to disagree with some of you. Pakistan by no means look a balanced side. It is usually 2 or 3 players who have been doing stuff for them. And they are playing without a wicket keeper. This pakistani team i.m.o is the weakest pakistani team ever to play a world cup.
However that does'nt mean Pakistan or England cannot win the WC. From the QF stages on you just need to win 3 good games and a freak innings by one single batsman can make the difference to a game . strauss, obrien, taylor are good examples.
All top 8 teams would fancy winning the WC.

_kunjumon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 pm

welcome to the board Kunjumon thumbsup

I agree, once we get to the quarters its anyones to win. Its a tough one to call just yet though

Back to top Go down

Post by _kunjumon Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:21 pm

Thanks Gavin! Wink

_kunjumon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 30, 2011 7:44 pm

all over for pakistan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content