The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Infraction System

2 posters

Go down

Infraction System Empty Infraction System

Post by Legend Mon 14 Feb 2011, 6:48 am

I have come up with an idea of keeping the site clean:

Any time you break a rule, you will get a PM (called an "infraction") ttdetailing why the infraction was given, which post the infraction was given for, how many points the infraction is worth, and when it expires.
Each infraction has an associated point value and lifetime. The more severe the offense, the higher the value and the longer it takes to expire.

You should be able to view the infractions you've received (if they have not yet expired) by heading to your profile.
These point values will accumulate depending on how frequently (if ever) you break the rules.

Once you reach a predefined number of points, a moderator  will ban you for a predefined number of days or it could be done automatically?
Overall, this system will be much more standard and automated, so you can keep track of how close you are to a ban.
You should still reserve the right to ban without first serving an infraction if the offense is considered severe enough.

Bans

As previously mentioned, depending on the number of infraction points you accumulate, you could face an automatic punishment. At first you will be "Silenced"(more on that below), after which you could end up being banned for a number of days (in severe cases, permanently). More points will mean a harsher punishment. 

4 points: Silenced
You will lose the ability to post anywhere on the forums until your infraction value drops below 4 points. This usually means waiting until your points expire. Keep in mind: If you manage to accumulate 6 or more points very quickly, you will be silenced and banned for the specified number of days. Your silencing will lift independently of the ban, so you may come back from a ban and discover you are still silenced. It all depends on the circumstances.
5 points: 2 week ban
You will be banned for 2 weeks, after which you will be reallowed access.
6 points: 1 month ban
You will be banned for 1 month, after which you will be reallowed access
7 points: 2 month ban
You will be banned for 2 months, after which you will be reallowed access.
8 points and up: Permanent ban
You will be banned permanently, and will not be reallowed access. Any attempt to evade a ban (such as making another account) will result in an IP ban.

I hope you consider the implementation of my ideas.
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Infraction System Empty Re: Infraction System

Post by ADMIN Mon 14 Feb 2011, 11:24 am

Hi Legend, thanks for joining up and hope you enjoy your time here.
Also thanks for going into the effort of this, it’s something that we’ll definitely keep in mind.
At present I think we’re okay, we’ve only had two issues to address, one a blatant wum that was swiftly banned, one a person who got overheated in livechat, was warned via a pm and responded aggressively so received a 1 day ban, he still didn’t take heed so has now received a permanent ban.

I think’s its difficult to judge on a points system and may get a little overcomplicated. A system of a polite pm warning for first infringement, a naughty step style timeout 1 day ban and then permanent ban for those that fail to listen I think is okay for now, the length of some of yours I personally don’t feel would work as someone who is banned for 2 months is probably gone forever anyway.

Cheers
Hero

ADMIN
Founder
Founder

https://www.606v2.com

Back to top Go down