The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tottenham Apply For Public Funds

+3
Derbyblue
Nay
legendkillar
7 posters

Go down

Tottenham Apply For Public Funds Empty Tottenham Apply For Public Funds

Post by legendkillar Sat 02 Jul 2011, 9:26 am

Tottenham are applying for public funds to redevelop White Hart Lane to a 60,000 capacity stadium.

Is it morally correct that Public Funds should cover the cost of this?

What do you think?

legendkillar

Back to top Go down

Tottenham Apply For Public Funds Empty Re: Tottenham Apply For Public Funds

Post by Nay Sat 02 Jul 2011, 12:03 pm

No, It is an utter disgrace to be honest.

For so many reasons it is ridiculous, We have a massive funding deficit, cuts all over the place, and the premier league clubs are still making money hand over foot.

40 million for finishing last is it?

Saying that i am about to decorate my flat, I may apply for Public Funds as with a sofa bed i could sit more people

Nay

Back to top Go down

Post by Derbyblue Sat 02 Jul 2011, 1:26 pm

Can I ask where these 24,000 extra fans to fill the redeveloped stadium will be coming from?

If you want to redevelop your stadium pay for it by yourself, if you can't afford it don't redevelop it.

Derbyblue

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 02 Jul 2011, 5:13 pm

I think it's a bit of a cheek considering Londoners will be pay off the 2012 Olympics for the next 10-20+ years through their council tax.

Too soon Mr Levy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sun 03 Jul 2011, 7:20 pm

I think it's because the council in the Tottenham area are forcing them to spend a load of money redveloping the surrounding area if they want to build a new stadium, so obviously they're trying to get the money back somhow.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mark2011 Mon 04 Jul 2011, 11:40 am

I think that's a disgrace using public funding for redeveloping your stadium.

Mark2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Mon 04 Jul 2011, 4:04 pm

Someone will tell me if I'm incorrect, but I believe Arsenal didn't get anything and they seemed to have gone about it the right way. They had a budget and built the stadium under budget, then sold off Highbury for redevolpment and made cash out of that. They then sold the naming rights to assist them in paying off the debt. They didn't spend too much in the transfer market which has affected their results over the last 3 seasons (Along with contracts running out). A well managed club who make a profit ....

Spurs are taking the urine, because just before the implosion at my club Leeds, we were in the process of having a new stadium built and named by Coca-Cola, allowing us a pro-rata cost neutral deal, which would have saved cash and earned extra revenues, but we all know what happened. Spuds need to be told to forget it

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Grizzly Mon 04 Jul 2011, 4:13 pm

Arsenal received no public funding for their Emirates development.
For what it's worth, in the US the NFL franchises often have stadiums built partly funded by local authorities, the thinking being (that doesn't exist in UK) that franchises can move anywhere and as such the owners choose, for example, that the 49ers are based in San Francisco or the Giants are based in New York, they could easily relocate to Los Angeles (it won't happen of course). So, in effect the franchise is a huge revenue earner for the local economy and as such it's seen that public funds can and should be spent on supporting them.
Entirely different mentality in UK and I get the impression that since Tottenham lost the bid for the olympic stadium they'll try anything

Grizzly

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down