The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The golf seems to be getting better but for how long

Go down

The golf seems to be getting better but for how long Empty The golf seems to be getting better but for how long

Post by redmonkey80 Mon 14 Feb 2011, 8:59 pm

After having nearly 5 years away from golf I have now had 6 months back. Joined a club last month and have got back into playing and more importantly practicing (I never did this before apart from smash a driver as hard as I could or try stupid lob shots opening the face ridiculously). My rounds have been ok hovering around 30 - 36 points playing off 18. The missus bought me a new set for Christmas and now the golf is getting consistent. Saturday just gone I scored 42 points yes this was off the mats but this only shortens the course by approximately 140 yards in total so this wasn't that big an advantage.

The worst thing though was how gutted I was after the round without exaggerating I hit every green and fairway in regulation for the first 7 holes and was 1 over. But the annoying thing was that I could have easily been 1 under had I been able to putt. This played with my head around the turn hit 2 double bogeys on the bounce 9 & 10 before getting things back on track pretty much went bogey par the rest of the round.

My question is why is it that I only ever putt well when the rest of my game is pants and I am scrambling double bogeys? Why do you feel worse when you play well then if you just have a bad round? Having spent £150 on a putter I feel cheated surely I could put as well with a shovel?

On the positives though I would highly recommend the Mizuno JPX 800 pro's they are awesome especially as you get to the lower irons. My 3 iron has already had more outings than my last 3 iron that I owned for 10 years. I also picked up the new Mizuno MP T11 52 & 56 which are truly confidence building money well spent pieces of kit! Hope everyone else's golf is going as well missing this weekend due to parental duties but will be out again following week moaning about something else I am sure Very Happy

redmonkey80

Back to top Go down