The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ratings for india vs west indies series

5 posters

Go down

ratings for india vs west indies series Empty ratings for india vs west indies series

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jul 2011, 10:21 pm

here are my ratings for the india vs west indies series let me no if u agree, and if u dont tell me yours

India

Murali Vijay- 5- awful series for him
Mukund- 7
Rahul dravid- 8
VVS Laxman-8
Virat Kohli-4 poor debut series for him, but is a talent for the future
Suresh Raina-9
M.S.Dhoni-6
Praveen Kumar-8
Ishant Sharma-8
Harbajhan Singh-6
Munaf Patel-5
Amit Mishra-4

West Indies
Adrain Barath-6
Kirk Edwards-9
Lendl Simmons-6
Ramnaresh Sarwan-4
Shiv Chanderpaul-6
Darren Bravo-5
Brendan Nash-6
Carlton Baugh-6
Darren Sammy-7
Ravi Rampaul-9
Devandre Bishoo-9
Fidel Edwards-8

sorry if i missed anyone out

Back to top Go down

ratings for india vs west indies series Empty Re: ratings for india vs west indies series

Post by Masked Magician Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:06 pm

Ishant Sharma 10

Fidel Edwards 10

Suresh Raina 9

Devendra Bishoo 8

Ravi Rampaul 9

Stuff the rest

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

ratings for india vs west indies series Empty Re: ratings for india vs west indies series

Post by ShankyCricket Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:12 pm

Nash 6 and Bravo 5?Sorry mate but did you actually watch the series?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Masked Magician Sun 10 Jul 2011, 11:16 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Nash 6 and Bravo 5?Sorry mate but did you actually watch the series?
For me Bravo was a solid 7. Needs to work on the slip catching tho

Nash would be a 1/2 lol

Masked Magician

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 9:13 am

Don't think the ratings reflect the actual series performance.

India.
M Vijay 3(had a pretty poor series, the only substantive innings came in the last chance, even there didn't convert the start into anything major).
Abhinav Mukund 6(His technique needs more tightening, but showed great tenacity and played 2 decent knocks).
Rahul Dravid 7( got a start in the first innings of the first match and then scored a typical match winning 100 2nd time around. did ok in the other test matches as well put down some chances though, harsh to criticise him for that, but then Dravid has set higher standards for himself).
VVS Laxman. 8(failed in the first match, but after that, confronted with dificult conditions, VVS was back to his very very special self. should have converted at least 1 of the 3 50s into a bigger one).
Virat Kohli 3(had so many expectations, but Kohli had a pretty tough initiation to test cricket. Just couldn't carry his ODI form to test cricket, and rather unexpectedly, had struggled against short bowling).
Suresh Raina 9(Raina has reclaimed the number 6 place with a strong, consistent performance. scored runs in all the 3 matches he is evolving his own ways of dealing with the short stuff. as usual, he was good in the field, and also chipped in with a wicket or 2).
MS Dhoni 5(wasn't at his best behind the stumps all the time, didn't fire with the bat in the first 2 matches, and was UnDhoniish with his captaincy when he gave up the chase in the last innings of the last match).
Harbhajan Singh 6(was pretty inconsistent with the ball didn't bowl like the leader of the attack mostly throughout the series. had one good day with the ball, but get an additional point for his match winning contribution with the bat in the first match).
Praveen Kumar 8(PK performed beyond expectations, wasn't even scheduled to be making the XI had Munaf been fit at the outset. He has done no harms to his test chances on a more consistent basis. bowled with great control, and managed to swing the ball everywhere. also swung a few runs as well).
Ishant Sharma 9(the most heartening thing for India was the comeback of Ishan. He bowled with pace, got the ball the move, and showed a great thinking mind).
Amit Mishra 4(didn't cary his ODI form to the test game. But made an important contribution with the bat).
Abhimanyu Mithun 5(Mithun did an honest job, but needs more work on his bowling. a bit more pace will be handy).
Munaf Patel 5(Munaf had his usual fitness problems back, but bowled ok in the last match).

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2011, 10:00 am

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Nash 6 and Bravo 5?Sorry mate but did you actually watch the series?

er yh i did watch the series!

Back to top Go down

Post by activereactive Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:12 pm

every one forgetting the driving force, that is Darren Sammy, he gave 110%

activereactive

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Tue 12 Jul 2011, 1:21 pm

Cricketfan90

So how does Nash score more points than Bravo?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Tue 12 Jul 2011, 5:56 pm

My WI ratings.
Adrian Barath 6(had a few decent starts and decent scores, but he needs to work on his technique against the moving ball).
Lendl Simmons 4(hasn't been as consistent as he was in the ODIs, perhaps got dropped a test too early at least).
Ramnaresh Sarwan 2(continued his pretty poor test form of recent times, became Ishant's bunny in the 2 test before he got rightly dropped).
Darren Bravo 7(got 2 decent scores, both at critical points. But continues to throw away good starts, and the fact that he hasn't converted any of his 7 test 50s into a 100 is telling).
Shivnarine Chanderpaul 7(Although Chanders spend quality time out in the middle, he had to wait till the last innings to convert it into a big score. when it came, it did in typical chanderpaul style, irritating the hell out of the Indian bowlers, and eventually saving the match).
Brendan Nash 2(again like Sarwan, continued his terrible test form, and got dropped after the first match).
Carlton Baugh 8(the positive of the series for WI, Baugh was superb behind the stumps, and made telling contributions with the bat in the 2nd and 3rd matches).
Darren Sammy 6(continues to be terrible with the bat and keep out quality bowlers like Kemar Roach from the side. But Sammy gets full marks for commitment, and his underrated bowling was effective, and he even bowled some peaches to Rahul Dravid, who's dropp by Sammy remains one of the highlights of the series).
Ravi Rampaul 9(has been brilliant with the new ball, regularly striking in his opening spel, and made useful contributions with the bat down the order.
Fidel Edwards 8(Fidel has been Fidel, pacy, bouncy, and yes, a bit loose. More importantly, he improved with every spel, getting back to back 5 wicket hauls. His tenacity and fight with the bat just when it mattered the most compensates for spraying it around a bit).
Devendra Bishoo 7(Bishoo continues to impress in his debut season, although was taken aback by the Harbhajan Raina counterattack a bit Bishoo continued to offer serious challenge to some of the better players of spin).
Kieran Powell 3(had a tough debut, spend some time out in the middle in his first outing, but didn't get a score on the board).
Kirk Edwards 8(struggled in the first innings, but fought his way through all troubles 2nd time around to register a match saving debut 100).
Marlon Samuels 6(played one substantive innings, but Samuels would be dissapointed by his overall performance).

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Jul 2011, 6:47 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Cricketfan90

because i did, its a matter of opinon, like i said in the originial article if ya dont like it then you can also make your own ratings. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:35 am

cricketfan90 wrote:
shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Cricketfan90

because i did, its a matter of opinon, like i said in the originial article if ya dont like it then you can also make your own ratings. Smile
I thought its a debating forum, and you have to have logic and reasoning when you make a point. informed views, rather than wild speculations would enhance the quality of the forum.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 13 Jul 2011, 12:46 pm

Well said msp83.
This is what i absolutely hate about cricketfan90.His views are ALWAYS HUGELY QUESTIONABLE but whenever I ask him to explain some of his ideas he says make your own.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2011, 3:26 pm

shankythebiggestengfan wrote:Well said msp83.
This is what i absolutely hate about cricketfan90.His views are ALWAYS HUGELY QUESTIONABLE but whenever I ask him to explain some of his ideas he says make your own.

they're my views, yes we r meant to debate, but i am allowed an opinon

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Wed 13 Jul 2011, 6:00 pm

everyone is allowed an opinion but you never give any reasoning behind ur views.you picked barath ahead of cook in your test XI which you said you picked based on form over the past year.we all know that cook is in splendid form while barath has played only 3 tests in that period and has scored only one fifty and no century in those 3 tests.yet you give no reasoning for such a controversial selection.when people question your views you just say make your own team/ratings.so where is the debate here?you just state your views which are impossible to believe and ask others to state their own.you dont discuss or debate anything.you picked a world cup 2011 XI based on performance and picked graeme smith who averaged below 30 ahead of two of the leading run scorers tendulkar and dilshan.you give nash who was dropped after one test coz of dreadful performance more points than bravo who was one of west indies' better batsmen in the series and you give no explanation for it just saying that its your opinion.
you are not at all debating anything bcoz debate means having logical reasoning behind your views.

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 13 Jul 2011, 8:53 pm

i thought the way bravo got out, lowered his score!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liam_Main Wed 13 Jul 2011, 9:16 pm

India

Murali Vijay- 4
Mukund- 7
Rahul dravid- 8
VVS Laxman-8
Virat Kohli- 3
Suresh Raina- 9
M.S.Dhoni- 5
Praveen Kumar-8
Ishant Sharma- 9
Harbajhan Singh-6
Munaf Patel- 5
Amit Mishra- 3

West Indies
Adrain Barath- 6
Kirk Edwards- 8
Lendl Simmons- 5
Ramnaresh Sarwan- 3
Shiv Chanderpaul- 7
Darren Bravo- 7
Brendan Nash- 3
Carlton Baugh- 8
Darren Sammy- 6
Ravi Rampaul- 9
Devandre Bishoo- 8
Fidel Edwards- 7

Liam_Main
Liam_Main

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000094431208

Back to top Go down

Post by ShankyCricket Thu 14 Jul 2011, 5:03 am

But how can you give more ratings to a person who scored a grand total of 10 runs in the series?

ShankyCricket

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 11:11 am

Just a reminder that we don't condone attacks on posters. Whilst debate is encouraged, saying you 'hate' a poster publicly isn't on.

Back to top Go down

Post by msp83 Thu 14 Jul 2011, 6:12 pm

Sainty wrote:Just a reminder that we don't condone attacks on posters. Whilst debate is encouraged, saying you 'hate' a poster publicly isn't on.
I think it has to be an extreme reading to suggest from Shanky's above comment that it suggested personal hatred of another poster. What I understood was he was critical of a particular aspect of the way views are presented by the other poster.
Anyways, there is no place for hate here, but at the same time, we have to be able to debate. when there is a fair question about a particular point, just saying its my view, and that is it looks like arrogance.

msp83

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 14 Jul 2011, 9:08 pm

msp83 wrote:
Sainty wrote:Just a reminder that we don't condone attacks on posters. Whilst debate is encouraged, saying you 'hate' a poster publicly isn't on.
I think it has to be an extreme reading to suggest from Shanky's above comment that it suggested personal hatred of another poster. What I understood was he was critical of a particular aspect of the way views are presented by the other poster.
Anyways, there is no place for hate here, but at the same time, we have to be able to debate. when there is a fair question about a particular point, just saying its my view, and that is it looks like arrogance.

er he did, cos he said thats why i hate cricketfan90, so i think the word hate might have been used...

but never mind, i dont care for an opinon, where its his way or no way..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jul 2011, 8:43 pm

it appears, that chris gayle's international career is over, shame relle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down