The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BBC Coverage

+3
themill72
eirebilly
Swanseadabber
7 posters

Go down

BBC Coverage Empty BBC Coverage

Post by Swanseadabber Tue 15 Feb 2011, 11:56 am

Have recently returned home to Scotland after living in Swansea for 4 years, turned on the telly last night expecting some coverage of the Welsh Open only to find out it was not being broadcast in the rest of the UK, not even available on the red button.
Surely the its not to much to ask the British Broadcasting Corporation to show a few hours of this tournament instead of giving us the same old rehashed antiques rubbish.
Hope this is not a sign of whats to come with the once great BBC, is it to go down the same road their coverage of horse-racing has deteriorated i.e. only interested in covering the Grand National.
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

BBC Coverage Empty Re: BBC Coverage

Post by eirebilly Tue 15 Feb 2011, 12:00 pm

Its pretty good coverage on Eurosport, do you get that?
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by Swanseadabber Tue 15 Feb 2011, 1:33 pm

Billy, whilst it is good coverage on Europsort us in the UK pay the BBC for a decent service mate, but recently the coverage of sport has got worse, they will soon have nothin but The Boat race & the London Marathon!
Swanseadabber
Swanseadabber

Back to top Go down

Post by themill72 Tue 15 Feb 2011, 4:30 pm

The BBC coverage is ridiculous for this event i was looking forward to watching via red button but nothink and not a lot on the BBC sport site either and i love my fix of Snooker

themill72

Back to top Go down

Post by Gav110 Tue 15 Feb 2011, 5:55 pm

A post earlier mentioned the BBC online streaming service for the Welsh Open, this has been poor. What would make matters worse if the final coverage was not extended beyond 09.30, the advertised programme finish time.

Now the BBC has always continued their coverage if play's not concluded by the scheduled finish. Recent scheduling has not filled viewers with confidence, let’s hope if the final does run over then BBC Wales continue live coverage.

Last edited by Gav110 on Tue 15 Feb 2011, 6:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Gav110
Gav110

Back to top Go down

Post by eirebilly Tue 15 Feb 2011, 6:24 pm

Swanseadabber wrote:Billy, whilst it is good coverage on Europsort us in the UK pay the BBC for a decent service mate, but recently the coverage of sport has got worse, they will soon have nothin but The Boat race & the London Marathon!
I must admit that if i was living in the UK it would be getting on my nerves as well.
eirebilly
eirebilly

Back to top Go down

Post by The Special Juan Wed 16 Feb 2011, 5:02 pm

I have to watch it online (BBC Website). It's not too bad, but when the program finishes on TV, it stops online. It's not like other tourny's where you can watch the table and not the program itself (if that makes sense).
The Special Juan
The Special Juan

Back to top Go down

Post by RocketAce Wed 16 Feb 2011, 5:34 pm

the welsh open is only viewable in wales or if you have sky then its on bbcwales which is on 972 or 992.

eurosport also shows the welsh open failing that it can be viewed online via streaming sites such as fromsport.com

RocketAce

http://twitter.com/#!/Kris_Saunders1

Back to top Go down

Post by poshfangaz Sun 20 Feb 2011, 12:38 pm

All to do with Cut-backs I am afraid........... BBC coverage of everything sporty is being cut back because of Funds...Unlike SKY, ESPN, C5, C4 and ITV who rely largely of Advertising, Sponsorship and People buying Packages...ITV have lost rights due to the recent Advertising losses but will slowly pick things up from the Beeb as they can't afford it and under government ruling have to provide a mix of TV and radio for all as we pay the license fee.

It is all about the money for most organisations as it is virtually only SKY can only give them what they want in regards of funds, if SKY wanted to I am sure they could buy the rights for everything shown in the UK on all TV formats from F1 to Skiing to Snooker, apart from the 10 or 12 events covered by government rules (ie FA Cup, WC, Euro Cups & Wimbledon Finals)

I used to love watching the Beeb and ITV in the 80's & 90's when they showed virtually everything Golf, Skiing, Snooker, Football with ITV, and I bet when a event is shown more people watch TV on sport on a BBC or ITV channel than on SKY.

That raises the issues of inspiration.............more people were inspired by sportsmen and women back in those days as you could see them more on TV, I was then by different sportspeople, I have to say my children are not so much now.

Obviously these are only my opinions and of course others will differ in this country which is only fair

poshfangaz

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down