The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who else will Liverpool sign ?

+12
Sam
Brady12
formerly known as Sam
d260005p
jimbohammers
liverbnz
JDandfries
Tranquil Chaos
Soldier_Of_Fortune
LivinginItaly
Crimey
Kenny
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Who else will Liverpool sign ? - Page 2 Empty Who else will Liverpool sign ?

Post by Kenny Fri 15 Jul 2011, 11:14 pm

First topic message reminder :

Having signed Henderson , Adam , Doni ,Downing and with them being linked to so many more players who else will Liverpool sign before the transfer window closes ?

Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Who else will Liverpool sign ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who else will Liverpool sign ?

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

We need two international goalkeepers, which means a rota. 20 games each in league and cups, half of CL when we're in it.

I know people will howl at this, but only way to avoid disaster if main keeper breaks an arm or has a dip in form.

It can only work if the keepers are considered equals (!) and if the team is winning.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Who else will Liverpool sign ? - Page 2 Empty Re: Who else will Liverpool sign ?

Post by Kenny Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:43 pm

Yeh but it was so he would agree to accept the wages Liverpool were offering which i believe are in the £41, 000 a week bracket which in the current climate is low for a premier league player . yes hes a back up but hes better then Jones and if Reina is out for say 5 games those 5 games could be very important to the overall picture so a quality keeper was needed .
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 4:52 pm

He was paid that money because he didn't want to join Liverpool unless they matched his wages. Roma were that keen to get rid they offered to match the difference of his old wage and new wage for a year.

Antoine are you seriously suggesting Doni is going to play 20 games a season even if Reina is fit Laugh Laugh Laugh Laugh

I believe that you can get away with having an average goalkeeper for a few games a season if you have a good enough defence infront of him. Surely even challenging for Frankie Fielding for £400k would have been a better deal than this Doni one.

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:11 pm

We need a player capable of doing so. We can't expect a top keeper to sit on the bench for 40 games.

At one point Chelsea had Cech and Cudicini. Won PL couple of times.

If we could clone Reina, no worries...
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 22 Jul 2011, 5:15 pm

antoineclarke wrote:At one point Chelsea had Cech and Cudicini. Won PL couple of times.

But Cudicini played pretty much none of that time, and only because Chelsea had pretty much unlimited funds were they happy to let him sit on the bench.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 22 Jul 2011, 6:07 pm

antoineclarke wrote:We need a player capable of doing so. We can't expect a top keeper to sit on the bench for 40 games.

At one point Chelsea had Cech and Cudicini. Won PL couple of times.

If we could clone Reina, no worries...

Chelsea won the title in 04/05 and 05/06 when Cudicini was at the club- He started 3 games (conceded 2 goals) in 04/05 and 4 games (conceded 1) in 05/06.

As long as you have someone who is average then for 3 games a season you should be fine. I wasn't a fan of Brad Jones but at least he was on small wages and I don't think he'd man sausage up too much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kay Fabe Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:27 am

I think the Reds need two first team defenders, a left back and a CB are essential IMO and I'll be very surprised if they didn't strengthen those areas before the start of the season

Kay Fabe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 9:58 am

Cahill for £25m and Leighton Baines for £25m to be the next moves then Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jul 2011, 11:20 am

Churchill wrote:Cahill for £25m and Leighton Baines for £25m to be the next moves then Wink

I sense jealousy thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 12:56 pm

Slightly jealous of how your club is able to spend so much money due to huge sponsors and owners that will spend, not jealous at how much you've over-spent on slightly better than average players. thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:18 pm

ooohhhh lol

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:23 pm

Churchill wrote:Slightly jealous of how your club is able to spend so much money due to huge sponsors and owners that will spend, not jealous at how much you've over-spent on slightly better than average players. thumbsup

Who cares if we've overspent? The fact is, we were able to go and get the targets which the manager wanted. If it costs a couple of million more than the knowledgeable fooball fans and media thought then so be it. I think most Liverpool fans could live with that.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:41 pm

oh yes, I'm sure Dalglish is happy with his signings, as are most fans. But will you all be as cheerful and understanding at Christmas if players like Henderson and Adam aren't performing well and haven't contributed much.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:47 pm

i dont think henderson or adam are the worth the price they were bought for

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 1:48 pm

Churchill wrote:oh yes, I'm sure Dalglish is happy with his signings, as are most fans. But will you all be as cheerful and understanding at Christmas if players like Henderson and Adam aren't performing well and haven't contributed much.

Every bit as much as I am now. Firstly, Christmas is nowhere near long enough to judge a player IMO, and secondly, some signings just don't work out, we have to accept that. I'm pretty confident of Adam and Downing working out as Kenny expects. I'm not so sold on Henderson, but that's only because I haven't seen him play very much. If Kenny thinks he's up to it, then that's ok with me. He knows much more on what attributes they can bring to Liverpool FC than you or I.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by d260005p Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:12 pm

If Henderson is worth £16 million or whatever you paid for him, then im the Pope. He is Poopie.com, watched him in the England Tournament in the summer and he was so poor. Adam is good but dont know how he will fit in. I presume if he holds the midifield, it will give Gerard time to move forward. But, and its a big BUT. Gerard seems to be dipping in form right now and IS NOT the player he was, so how will Adam line up? Downing should be class, but the signings Liverpool have made are not up to scratch. United have signed quality and youth. Chelsea have youth and quality. Adam 26, Downing 23 (good) and Henderson?!?! Not title quality.

d260005p

Back to top Go down

Post by JDandfries Wed 27 Jul 2011, 3:16 pm

liverbnz wrote:
Churchill wrote:Slightly jealous of how your club is able to spend so much money due to huge sponsors and owners that will spend, not jealous at how much you've over-spent on slightly better than average players. thumbsup

Who cares if we've overspent? The fact is, we were able to go and get the targets which the manager wanted. If it costs a couple of million more than the knowledgeable fooball fans and media thought then so be it. I think most Liverpool fans could live with that.

I don't believe for a minute that Downing, Carroll, Adam and Henderson were first choice targets and if you do, you are a little naive!

JDandfries

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:31 pm

JDandfries wrote:
liverbnz wrote:

I don't believe for a minute that Downing, Carroll, Adam and Henderson were first choice targets and if you do, you are a little naive!

Nope, unfortunately Young and Phil Jones went to the Mancs, and Chilcy (who am not sold on anyway!) went to the other Mancs. Am more then happy with who we have brought in as they are better then what we had. Got to be realistic, no European football whatsoever, going to be hard to entice the creme dela crem but am more then confident of obtaining top 4 this year with who we have brought in. People bang on about the money we have paid on players. Am just glad to be spending again after about 4 years of balancing the books. Am not bothered so I dont know why fans of other teams are.

Probs should concentrate on your own team instead of feeble attempts of WUMMING thumbsup

Last edited by Soldier_Of_Fortune on Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:33 pm

Churchill wrote:oh yes, I'm sure Dalglish is happy with his signings, as are most fans. But will you all be as cheerful and understanding at Christmas if players like Henderson and Adam aren't performing well and haven't contributed much.

Why you bothered really? Should concentrate on the lack of attacking players your team is going to have when Ben Afra, Marveaux and Ba all become crocked thumbsup

Step up Ranger and the no longer pacey Lovenkrans Laugh

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:35 pm

liverbnz wrote:

Here here thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:37 pm

I don't know why I bother coming near the football baords. It's like wading through cold sh1te.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by fantantonio Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:39 pm

liverbnz wrote:I don't know why I bother coming near the football baords. It's like wading through cold sh1te.

I wouldn't know

fantantonio

Back to top Go down

Post by liverbnz Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:40 pm

JDandfries wrote:
liverbnz wrote:

Unless you can prove they were not then I'll believe what I like. And where exactly did I say first choice? Niave or not, I'm more inclined to believe Tony Barrett, a journo with known links to the club than anybody within a keyboard of a football forum. If that makes me the most niave man alive, well I'll live with it.

liverbnz

Back to top Go down

Post by jro786 Wed 27 Jul 2011, 4:45 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:
JDandfries wrote:
liverbnz wrote:

Nope, unfortunately Young and Phil Jones went to the Mancs, and Chilcy (who am not sold on anyway!) went to the other Mancs. Am more then happy with who we have brought in as they are better then what we had. Got to be realistic, no European football whatsoever, going to be hard to entice the creme dela crem but am more then confident of obtaining top 4 this year with who we have brought in. People bang on about the money we have paid on players. Am just glad to be spending again after about 4 years of balancing the books. Am not bothered so I dont know why fans of other teams are.

Probs should concentrate on your own team instead of feeble attempts of WUMMING thumbsup

here here

i'm sure the manager is buying who he thinks would help us in the long run, so give him time thumbsup

jro786
jro786

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 27 Jul 2011, 7:19 pm

Soldier_Of_Fortune wrote:

Why you bothered really? Should concentrate on the lack of attacking players your team is going to have when Ben Afra, Marveaux and Ba all become crocked thumbsup

Step up Ranger and the no longer pacey Lovenkrans Laugh

Not once did I mention that I was happy with my clubs options, so not too sure why you've brought it up. And I bothered because for a club that hasn't got European football and face a tough challenge to break back into the top four in England, spending so much money all in one summer is a huge risk. If the gamble pays off then it's brilliant management and ownership, just wanted to see whether you would be quick to change your mind if things didn't all go rosey.

As long as we've got Ameobi then we'll be alright thumbsup

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 05 Aug 2011, 5:59 pm

Four games in pre-season: let in three goals in each of them.

I say it's not the strikers we need to worry about.

The defence was looking a bit ropy last season, right now it's a shambles.

Our pre-season form is relegation material, it has to stop now.

Not convinced that brining in new players is working if the floodgates are open at the back.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Aug 2011, 6:10 pm

We've had consistently one of the best defences in the league for years now, I honestly don't think there's a problem there. I don't think pre-season friendlies can be taken too seriously, I think a new centre back wouldn't be too bad of a move, but it isn't necessary, we've already spent a lot of money this summer. I wouldn't be too worried about our defence, I think if Agger can stay fit we're sorted for the year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Tranquil Chaos Fri 05 Aug 2011, 8:41 pm

the problem is we cant rely on agger to stay fit, if we can get enrique, i think it would be a fantastic move, as he is very good defesively and pretty good going forward, i also think johnson will step up his game and show he can actually defend, carra i still think has another year at the top level in the tank, but he needs to have skrtel or agger or a new signing alongside him at the start of the season, having him and the greek god as the cebtre back pairing would have me worried against any team we play
Tranquil Chaos
Tranquil Chaos

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:19 pm

How do Liverpool fans rate Wilson, Flanagan and Kelly?

Back to top Go down

Post by antoineclarke Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:43 pm

If we let 3 in the last friendly and another 3 against Sunderland, I'll want to know WTF's going on. Shocked

Cover for defence might be nice, but prob not essential.

For the amount of money spent this year, need top 4 and a Wembley final, otherwise I'd say owners will be disappointed. And reasonably so.
antoineclarke
antoineclarke

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:44 pm

Churchill wrote:How do Liverpool fans rate Wilson, Flanagan and Kelly?

I think Kelly has looked excellent so far and I'd like to see him given a run in the side which he may well get this season.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Fri 05 Aug 2011, 9:50 pm

Of the three I rate Kelly the highest, he has had the longest run in the team though to be fair. He is very mature for his age and considering he's naturally a centre back he managed to push Glen Johnson out of his position and looked very confident against the bigger teams playing at right back which was promising, I think he's going down the Carra route of playing full backs before moving into the centre back when he's more mature and has a more all-rounded game. I hope to see him get a few games at centre back this year though as I think he is the natural Carragher replacement.

Danny Wilson is probably the one with the most hype about him because of his time with Rangers, I think he has been kept out of the side properly so far so that the expectation isn't too hard on his shoulders, and we've tried doing what we did with Kelly but on the other side playing him at left back, but honestly I'm not convinced and would rather we use Robinson there if we're going to try out youngsters on the left and keep Wilson in the centre.

Flanagan came out of no where last year, I have to admit of never hearing anything special about him and was never one of the guys people were excited about to come up from the youth team, but he really came into the side roaring and looked really good considering his age. He was good going forward and steady in defence so I really think we could see him in team for years to come, but unless we get an injury crisis of some sort I doubt he'll get the same run in the first team as he did last year.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Sat 06 Aug 2011, 12:37 pm

invincibleILeak (CL-6WF) wrote:

Of the three I rate Kelly the highest, he has had the longest run in the team though to be fair. He is very mature for his age and considering he's naturally a centre back he managed to push Glen Johnson out of his position and looked very confident against the bigger teams playing at right back which was promising, I think he's going down the Carra route of playing full backs before moving into the centre back when he's more mature and has a more all-rounded game. I hope to see him get a few games at centre back this year though as I think he is the natural Carragher replacement.

Danny Wilson is probably the one with the most hype about him because of his time with Rangers, I think he has been kept out of the side properly so far so that the expectation isn't too hard on his shoulders, and we've tried doing what we did with Kelly but on the other side playing him at left back, but honestly I'm not convinced and would rather we use Robinson there if we're going to try out youngsters on the left and keep Wilson in the centre.

Flanagan came out of no where last year, I have to admit of never hearing anything special about him and was never one of the guys people were excited about to come up from the youth team, but he really came into the side roaring and looked really good considering his age. He was good going forward and steady in defence so I really think we could see him in team for years to come, but unless we get an injury crisis of some sort I doubt he'll get the same run in the first team as he did last year.

Very good assement thumbsup

Wilson has disappointed me a little bit, especially after the hype the Rangers fans created over him. I think a loan move is needed for him to come on cos he is only going to have limitted opportunities here. He is very good in the air thou thumbsup

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Sat 06 Aug 2011, 1:08 pm

I think he's being protected by us at the moment though, we have thrown Kelly, Flanagan and Robinson in at the deep end yet have held Wilson back. I was a bit dissapointed with him as well, but he's played quite a bit at left back where he has clearly struggled.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 11 Aug 2011, 4:29 pm

Fee agreed with Newcastle 5.5 million for Jose Enrique
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Soldier_Of_Fortune Thu 08 Sep 2011, 12:14 pm

So far so good

Soldier_Of_Fortune

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Thu 08 Sep 2011, 6:02 pm

It has only been 3 league games though, I am trying my best not to get too carried away.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Sep 2011, 8:27 pm

Still stand by my opinion that Henderon's Poopie. At least Adam is a decent player, but can they carry the form til Christmas?

Back to top Go down

Post by Kenny Thu 08 Sep 2011, 11:26 pm

Why cant they ?
Kenny
Kenny

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2