The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

+25
ChequeredJersey
eirebilly
Notch
Kenny
hampo17
Morgannwg
mckay1402
red_stag
mystiroakey
Thomond
john7878
Adam D
Hero
bluestonevedder
Gregers
MtotheC's Wrasslin Biatch
Bull
Don Caboose
Beer
Skydriver
CFCNick
talkingpoint
Fernando
Crimey
hodge
29 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer - Page 4 Empty Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by hodge Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:18 pm

First topic message reminder :

Spoiler:

Put it spoiler so you can't accidently see anything

hodge

Back to top Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by hampo17 Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:03 pm

My review is up guys.

http://v2journal.com/batman-the-dark-knight-rises-review.html

hampo17
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer - Page 4 Empty Re: Batman The Dark Knight Rises trailer

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:24 am

Finally got to see this yesterday and I was really disappointed in the story and production of the film, I thought Bane was terrible, it totally pi$$ed all over the character just as they did in Batman and Robin, there were some positives though Catwoman was excellent as was Gordon and Blake but all round I give it a 6/10

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by hodge Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:31 pm

Bane was so much better than in Batman and Robin!

He was so much closer to what Bane should be, the only thing in my opinion that detracted from the film was the reveal of who miranda tait was, otherwise Bane was near enough spot on for me in this, had the intelligence, the brawn that goes with the character and his appearance was good i thought.

hodge

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:42 pm

I have to say that Bane sounded like Johann Krauss from Hellboy at times!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:45 pm

Apparently Hardy's interpretation of the voice was to base it on an Irish traveller bareknuckle boxer. Didn't sound anything like that to me. Sounded a bit stupid. But i got over it, I thought it was a very good movie.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Aug 07, 2012 1:50 pm

That can't be true Micko.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Mickado Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/07/17/dark-knight-rises-who-inspired-hardys-bane-voice

I sh1t you not sir.

Mickado

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:13 pm

He doesn't sound anything like him! I did like Bane though, the voice was kind of cool

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:16 pm

Not able to read the article at the moment, but note that the original character comes from a fictional(?) Caribbean island called Santa Prisca - I assumed Hardy took his cue from this for Bane's accent.

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:18 pm

The voice was re-dubbed. I actually preferred the pre-dubbed voice when I saw the prologue.

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:33 pm

I don't think it was re-dubbed, they refused to re-dub it I heard.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:39 pm

What aspect of Bane's character did they "p!ss all over"?! Aside from the prison being different, nothing contradicts what is the canon of the comics, which isn't even consistent anyway!
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomond Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 pm

Crimey wrote:I don't think it was re-dubbed, they refused to re-dub it I heard.

I think it's Bull pies though, if you looked at the 6 minute clip they had out late last year and the difference between then and now it's pretty amazing, they defintiely re did some bits.

Thomond

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:42 pm

hodge wrote:Bane was so much better than in Batman and Robin!

He was so much closer to what Bane should be, the only thing in my opinion that detracted from the film was the reveal of who miranda tait was, otherwise Bane was near enough spot on for me in this, had the intelligence, the brawn that goes with the character and his appearance was good i thought.

It was closer than Batman and Robin I give you that but he is so much more menacing in the comics, his voice was annoying and the accent slipped a few times, I didnt get the mouth piece, they should have stuck with the mask from the comic maby updated it a tad but given him the venom, thats what made Bane for me, not only was he a genius and strong but he could step it up 10 fold with a press of a button but instead they go for a painkilling Hannibal Lector mask and have him wearing a 70's football managers Sheepskin coat

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:46 pm

I thought they made him far more menacing by making him a feasible human being. The way Nolan has taken Batman into realism is far netter, for me, and far better suits the material than comic book gimics like venom and Joker venom- batman is defined by the fact that he is only a well trained and resourced man and the same rules should apply to his villains otherwise it becomes horror rather than thriller and I don't know about you but I don't find any horror scary
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:52 pm

But you found this Bane scary because he was more real Headscratch Is that why they left the sack off Scarecrows head and gave him a gavel instead...to make a fear inducing pyscho look more real to scare people?

Was it just me or were the extra's really bad in the film and the fight scenes badly choreographed

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:53 pm

Yeah, I thought it made it better that he was just naturally a beast and strong rather than it being chemicals.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:55 pm

But he was a natural beast anyway it's just he used the venom to give himself more of an advantage over everyone

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:57 pm

I think if you're a fan of the comics you probably wouldn't like the character, however as somebody who hasn't even read a Batman comic I thought the character was great, bar the unnecessary reveal.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:59 pm

True we will all agree to disagree even though im right Whistle Very Happy

Last edited by Dicey Reilly on Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by ChequeredJersey Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:01 pm

Noticed that you used if rather than although there
ChequeredJersey
ChequeredJersey

Back to top Go down

Post by President Trump Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Fixed that cheers mate Very Happy

President Trump

Back to top Go down

Post by Skydriver Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:23 pm

Thomond wrote:

I think it's Bull pies though, if you looked at the 6 minute clip they had out late last year and the difference between then and now it's pretty amazing, they defintiely re did some bits.

I doubt that they would have re-recorded dialogue, but am reasonably confident they dialled down the electronic distortion/modulation (i.e. I reckon they remixed that vocal track - yup, that's my reckoning in the same way as Bane is Gotham's).

I read an interview with Anne Hathaway, who was explaining that Bale couldn't hear when wearing the cowl and Hardy's words were muffled by his mask. So add the Batman growling and Bane voice distortion, it's incredible that these guys understood anything they were shouting at each other...

"Your punishment must be more severe."
"What? My nourishment is in your ear?"

Skydriver

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:54 pm

I am afraid it was

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inPZnl4Vnjs

Back to top Go down

Post by Crimey Tue Aug 07, 2012 5:58 pm

Well if that video is right, the final version sounds much clearer.

Crimey
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:00 pm

I must admit I preferred the first one, but the final version didn't take away from the film in any way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:51 am

Just watched the DVD a week after watching it on a BA flight to Vegas. The flight still had Bane's original voice, the DVD is clearly an edited voice. Very very clear now and less tinny sounding (poor description I guess, but you get the point).

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:44 am

I hate them screens and sound on the plane . I recently went to new york with BA- and I just cant cope with watching that low quality-I watched a few minutes of the dark night and goit my laptop out!! Are you sure it wasnt just bad quality, i very very much doubt they would have shown the film with banes original voice!!

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 am

I thought the BA version was the same as the two versions I saw in the flicks (IMAX and normal). Bane's voice was better on the DVD than pre release, even if I'd watched cinema quality.

Back to top Go down

Post by mystiroakey Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:50 am

All I know is that they changed his voice before the film release in the cinemas

Unless they changed it again for the second time....

mystiroakey

Back to top Go down

Post by compelling and rich Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:08 am

ive heard the complaint about the voice a fair bit, i went to the cinemas slighty later than most who went straight away and found it very clear and couldnt understand what people had been on about, the dvd was the same as the cinema for me

compelling and rich

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4