The v2 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better

+8
Silver
wolfrunna
Noshankingtonite
drive4show
LondonJonnyO
Maverick
Davie
Doc
12 posters

Go down

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better Empty Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better

Post by Doc Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:11 pm

Last summer I went to the course straight from work to do the back-9. Stood on the tee of a 300-yard par 4 with a 3 ladies putting out on the green. I hit a great drive and thought 'oh oh dear' as it sailed away and pitched short of the green, ran up the green and hit the flag stopping inches away. I never reach this green as it's a driver and 52# wedge normally. I shouted sorry and waved my hands feeling a prat. Strolled up to the green and tapped in for eagle feeling like Bubba. When I got onto the next tee the 3-ladies were waiting for me, so I apologised again telling them it was the first time I'd reached, they were great about it and said they had waited for me, as it was obvious I was a really good player. I knew one of the ladies as she was a member and she'd invited her guests who were both serious MILF.

I don't think I need to go much further do I Very Happy

Last edited by Doc on Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doc

Back to top Go down

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better Empty Re: Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better

Post by Davie Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:15 pm

Doc wrote:tapped in for birdie feeling like Bubba.

You mean you missed the eagle putt? Shocked

Davie

Back to top Go down

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better Empty Re: Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better

Post by Doc Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:21 pm

Davie wrote:
Doc wrote:tapped in for birdie feeling like Bubba.

You mean you missed the eagle putt? Shocked

Another red face, thanks Davie Sad

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:22 pm

Hehe thought you probably meant that. Just poking a little harmless fun, Doc Wink

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:29 pm

Doc I feel you owe it to us to elbaorate a little their!

Most embarrasing moment tough one 2 stand out....

1. When I was an 18 year old lad took my girlfriend out onto the course as she was interested in what goes on the course. Needless to say she found a quiet spot and wanted to help with my ball control! Low and behold got caught by a female member having a lesson with the pro whom found us biscuit dunking! (doing the deed) behind the 16th tee Shocked

2.My first ever hole in one was wholly embarrasing as i stood on the 18th in our junior cup 2 day event was in the last group out and stood there level with my fellow player it came down to this whole or we'd be in a play off. He tee'd it up first shortish par 3 155yards and stiffed his tee shot to about 12inches, feeling smug he looked at me and said "no pressure". I tee'd it up semi shanked my 8iron hitting a tree 20 yards right of the green ricocheted back into play hit the putting surface and rolled across the green hitting the pin and dropping for an ACE! HE got a bit teary as it would have been first time he had his name on the boards,that wasn't the embarrasing bit what followed was: I got embarrased when i went to pick it out the hole and the poor kid missed his putt and then missed the return one so he ended up in a tie for 4th and didn't even get anthing in the presentation...... If it hadn't been for my shank in one! he'd have his name in lights or at worst finished 2nd!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 16 Feb 2011, 12:36 pm

As a upright member of society I have never done anything which could be taken as meeting the criteria of this post.

So I shall decline to comment further.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:04 pm

LJ

When I saw the title of your thread and bearing in mind this is a golf forum, I naturally assumed we were talking about embarrassing golf moments?

So what you are 'fessing up to is a foursome in the woods with 3 MILFs??

TBH, I would brag about that rather than confess :606laugh:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:11 pm

drive4show wrote:LJ

When I saw the title of your thread and bearing in mind this is a golf forum, I naturally assumed we were talking about embarrassing golf moments?

So what you are 'fessing up to is a foursome in the woods with 3 MILFs??

TBH, I would brag about that rather than confess :606laugh:

The Right reverand D4S Very Happy I wish mate, 2 of them were reall yummy mummies, but peed themselves after watching me chunk my drive just over the ladies tee. I tried to act casual, picked my ball up and said I'd miss this hole out and leave them to get on. Just glad I hadn't handed them a business card and telling them that if they ever needed a lesson :606laugh:

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:15 pm

Doc

Apologies, I misread the post and thought it was from LJ. Sort of behaviour I would expect from that Essex wideboy :606laugh:

Obviously I appreciate that you have higher standards Wink

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:22 pm

drive4show wrote:Doc

Apologies, I misread the post and thought it was from LJ. Sort of behaviour I would expect from that Essex wideboy :606laugh:

I'd like to say this is an unfair representation. But I don't think anyone would believe me.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:29 pm

From what I hear LJ's lime green trousers were a bit of an eye opener :606laugh: Come on D4S you must have had a blooper at some stage, and obviously goes without saying that anything Mav had blooped with would involve his pork suasage

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 16 Feb 2011, 1:48 pm

What can I say the old pork sword has got me introuble many times...........

Which leads me to another announcement you ready for this one guys..........

Mrs Mav...............Drum Roll Please.............................................. is pregnant AGAIN...........

Time get myself down the clinic I think..........

I added a golfing blooper too ..........

Personal favourite of a witnessed moment though, first tee at my first ever course when I was a wee 14year old junior, We were only allowed out on weekends in the summer after midday we got up there on the tee 15mins early,to beat the rush and were queued behind a 4ball of guys and another ladies 4ball.

The guys all tee'd it up, got to number 4 in the group wild lash at his drive topped it about 3 yards! He looked mighty sheepish was about to address his 2nd sh ot when one of tha ladies piped up, "excuse me aren't you forgetting something" to which he replied "don't thnk so" his mate could see what was coming and she very dryly said "you've not made it past our tee, therefore get your c*ck out son and then play your shot"

We all wet ourselves and his mates told him he had to follow the strict golfers code of "C*ck out for not making the ladies tee" he whipped his old chap out got a chorus of is that it your poor wife from the lady members and went about his business, surprisingly never saw him in the bar afterwards!

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:05 pm

Congratulations mate .... AGAIN thumbsup . Please pass on my commiserations to Mrs Mav, the poor darling has only just healed up (Bet she wishes she had) :606laugh:

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:14 pm

Congrats Mav :
Although I can't help but think that the occasional 'pot-noodle and a w*nk' might be a cheaper option - or get a benevolent neighbour to assault your gonads with a pair of bricks - that'll ensure you :shooter: blanks in the future thumbsup
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Maverick Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:16 pm

Doc wrote:Congratulations mate .... AGAIN thumbsup . Please pass on my commiserations to Mrs Mav, the poor darling has only just healed up (Bet she wishes she had) :606laugh:

:606laugh: Literally just healed mate. Our youngests only 5 months! There was a comment that I need doing like a dog! :crying:

Maverick

Back to top Go down

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better Empty Most embarssing moments,fessup and feel better.

Post by wolfrunna Wed 16 Feb 2011, 2:35 pm

Congatulations mav.

The only realy emberassing moment i can think of was,
Company golf day with shedloads of guests.
Longest drive competition up the first an uphill par 4. I had won it the previous 2 years.
Introduced as the previous winner and favorite.
SHANK.
Straight into the car park.Broke a headlight.
The car belonged to a visiting guest.
I offered to pay for it,but he wouldn't hear of it.Said it was the best laugh he'd had in ages.

wolfrunna

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 3:33 pm

wolf

Longest drive on an uphill par 4 so I assume you used a wood?

And you shanked a wood????? :yellow card:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better Empty Most embarssing moment,fess up and feel better.

Post by wolfrunna Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:01 pm

I don't see that it could have been anything else.
it didn't feel as if it came of the face of the club.I've always accepted it as a shank.
I can't think of anything else it could have been.
It was an old McGregor wooden driver with quite a small face.
Any suggestions?

wolfrunna

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Wed 16 Feb 2011, 4:43 pm

Must have been off the toe? Either way, hang your head in shame man! :606laugh:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Most Embarrassing Moment - Fess Up and feel better Empty Most embarassing moments-fess up and feel better.

Post by wolfrunna Wed 16 Feb 2011, 6:16 pm

d4s,I had enough shame at the time.
When it happened,there was a chorus of "SHANK!!!!!!"and they all fell about laughing.
I had forgotten about it until today.

wolfrunna

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Thu 17 Feb 2011, 3:31 am

Congrats Mav, fantastic news. All the best to you both!

Erm, embarrassing moments...probably completely slapping one off the tee and skipping it across the water to safety on the fairway. Jammiest shot ever...

Silver

Back to top Go down

Post by 4putt Thu 17 Feb 2011, 8:45 am

I hadn't been playing golf for long when my Uncle invited me to play with him at Tunbridge Wells Spa course. We walk down to the first tee and it's busy with about 2x4 balls waiting to tee-off and a 4 ball on the 9th green to the left of the tee.
Were invited to tee-off first being a 2 ball. My Uncle creams one down the middle. I get on the tee a bit nervous with so many people watching. I them proceed to "toe one" at almost 90 degrees, straight across the 9th green causing a couple of people to jump out of the way. Lots of laughter and sarcastic comments. Put another ball down and fortunately manage to knock it in the right direction. Never been so happy to get off a tee. Very Happy

4putt

Back to top Go down

Post by haystongolfer Thu 17 Feb 2011, 9:13 am

Most embarassing thing that ever happened to me (on the golf course that is) was about 30 years ago when I was on holiday with my then wife in St Andrews. I took the clubs because no golfer is going to stay there and not have a swing of the bats. My sister and her then boyfriend were coming up to visit with us for a couple of days and as he was newish into the family (he eventually married her) she asked me if I would take him out for a game of golf as he was mad keen on the game. I booked a tee off time on the Eden Course which is alongside the Old Course for about 5 O' Clock and he and I duly turned up and paid our green fees. The tee was mobbed and there was a queue like an execution all watching each game tee off. Our turn duly arrived and we stepped onto the tee in bright August sunshine amid the large crowd who obligingly fell silent for us to tee off. I casually said to the guy "so how long have you been playing then?" to which he replied "this will be my first ever game"......holy sheeeeeittttt!!!!!....the guy had a mare of a first hole.....he hit his drive about 20 yards and proceeded to hack his way up every hole...he was the worst guy I had ever seen.....I was totally embarassed on the first tee and we had to let about 10 games through as we "played around". To top it all I got involbved in a row with a two ball behind us who drove over our heads as we were so slow (I swear I was waving people through buit it got ridiculous.)

We laugh about it now...he still plays (at my club) and is better than me now

haystongolfer

Back to top Go down

Post by Doc Thu 17 Feb 2011, 9:19 am

Hayston thats a belter :606laugh: I would have died. research, research and more research always helps thumbsup

Doc

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 17 Feb 2011, 12:57 pm

I wouldn't necessarily call it an embarrassing moment but I was stood on the 1st at one of the Bournemouth muni's a few years ago when the pro came out his shop and asked me if I would mind pairing up with another single. 'Of course, no problem' I said. Obligatory introductions, handshakes etc then I teed off. Next up my new best friend. Pulls out a club, tees up his ball then turns to me and says 'How do you hold these things?'

Longest 4 hours of my life! :crying:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Bob_the_Job Thu 17 Feb 2011, 1:05 pm

True story.. although weirdly I've heard other people tell it, so maybe it's happened to more than one person. Anyway, it's not about me but a friend of mine (and a rugby international to boot) - let's call him Pete. Pete was playing at a club in an open competition. The club house was equipped with a PA system.. through which the club secretary was heard to say "Would the gentleman playing off the ladies' tee please move back to the white markers"... nothing happened.. so the phrase was repeated "Would the gentleman playing off the ladies' tee please move back to the white markers" to which my mate Pete was forced to shout back in the general direction of the club house "Will you please shut up and let me hit my second shot".

EDIT/ yeah, ok. he didn't say "please"..... or.. "shut up".. but that's the sentiment.
Bob_the_Job
Bob_the_Job

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 1:12 pm

drive4show wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call it an embarrassing moment but I was stood on the 1st at one of the Bournemouth muni's a few years ago when the pro came out his shop and asked me if I would mind pairing up with another single. 'Of course, no problem' I said. Obligatory introductions, handshakes etc then I teed off. Next up my new best friend. Pulls out a club, tees up his ball then turns to me and says 'How do you hold these things?'

Meyrick Park has a lot to answer for you know....
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:16 pm

drive4show wrote:I wouldn't necessarily call it an embarrassing moment but I was stood on the 1st at one of the Bournemouth muni's a few years ago when the pro came out his shop and asked me if I would mind pairing up with another single. 'Of course, no problem' I said. Obligatory introductions, handshakes etc then I teed off. Next up my new best friend. Pulls out a club, tees up his ball then turns to me and says 'How do you hold these things?'

You sure that wasn't your Welsh friend from the Open last year? :lol:
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:42 pm

LadyPutt wrote:

In the dark hours of the night... when it's cold and the sunlight seems far away I often think of dewi and wonder if he's procreated. The thought is more terrifying and sobering than a spending a night in a vampire infested graveyard.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by 4putt Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:51 pm

Bob_the_Job wrote:True story.. although weirdly I've heard other people tell it, so maybe it's happened to more than one person.

Old as the hills. Someone sent me a video of the same thing in the States only a few days ago.

4putt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 2:54 pm

4putt wrote:
Bob_the_Job wrote:True story.. although weirdly I've heard other people tell it, so maybe it's happened to more than one person.

Old as the hills. Someone sent me a video of the same thing in the States only a few days ago.

Until someone has actually have it happen to them I'll treat it as an urban legend which you are repeating. Or rather because urban areas don't have golf courses very often a suburban legend.
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 17 Feb 2011, 3:05 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:

Meyrick Park has a lot to answer for you know....

Flip! You might be saying that about me after Bournmouth this year Rolling Eyes
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by Noshankingtonite Thu 17 Feb 2011, 3:09 pm

Probably my most embarrassing moment (in front of the entire committee at an away match on the driving range) was putting my coin in yon slot and forgetting to put the basket underneath. Queue 5 happy minutes spent dobbing around picking balls up from all over the place much to the mirth of the dozen people watching. What a camel king
Noshankingtonite
Noshankingtonite

Back to top Go down

Post by LadyPutt Thu 17 Feb 2011, 4:05 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:

In the dark hours of the night... when it's cold and the sunlight seems far away I often think of dewi and wonder if he's procreated. The thought is more terrifying and sobering than a spending a night in a vampire infested graveyard.

Aaaaaggggghhhh! Shocked
LadyPutt
LadyPutt

Back to top Go down

Post by LondonJonnyO Thu 17 Feb 2011, 4:09 pm

LadyPutt wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:

Aaaaaggggghhhh! Shocked

I'm sorry. I feel I may have just inflicted you with Dewi infested insomnia. Shocked
LondonJonnyO
LondonJonnyO

Back to top Go down

Post by drive4show Thu 17 Feb 2011, 4:49 pm

LondonJonnyO wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:
LondonJonnyO wrote:
LadyPutt wrote:

Aaaaaggggghhhh! Shocked

I'm sorry. I feel I may have just inflicted you with Dewi infested insomnia. Shocked

In my role of 606 pastor, I will be praying for forgiveness for all your soles. A certain welshman must have burning ears! Poor fellow. I'm sure he stood on the 1st tee thinking "I can win this today"

:606laugh:

drive4show

Back to top Go down

Post by Davie Thu 17 Feb 2011, 7:28 pm

drive4show wrote:In my role of 606 pastor, I will be praying for forgiveness for all your soles.

Yes - pray for their soles. I'm sure the great God Footjoy will answer the prayers! :606laugh:

Davie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down